One day, I sat thinking for a few hours like I often do. I was thinking about my favorite anime of all time, Evangelion. In particular, I thought of all the things I learned from Asuka, Rei, Shinji, Gendo, Misato, Yui, Ritsuko, and all the rest. I have drawn up a list of 20 things that I thought key. I hope these help you.
1. Quiet is key. By staying quiet you can shelter yourself from hurt. This does not mean that you cannot speak your mind. Watch for qualifiers from the other rules to help you understand this one.
2. Speak only to respond. Do not initiate conversation with those who may judge you. Judgement only serves to hurt others, so to save them from that, only respond.
Qualifier: Speak when it is vital to speak. Your opinion is only worthwhile if somebody listens to it.
3. Spend time alone. Spend at least two hours each day thinking. Put on some music, turn off the lights, anything, but think about yourself, others, and the world around you.
4. 3 Straights- Stare straight ahead, keep a straight face, hold a straight posture. By staring straight ahead, you gain strength in the horizontal. By keeping a straight posture, you gain strength in the vertical. By keeping a straight face, you establish mental strength. Without speaking or moving you can gain the upper hand.
5. Do not seek acceptance in the rabble. The rabble conform to the lowest standards. You do not need to be accepted by them.
6. Seek acceptance in the independent. The independent are generally non-conformists or hold themselves to a high standard. If you crave acceptance, seek it there.
7. Show no emotions around those who will use them against you. It is okay to cry and rage, but that gets you nowhere and only knocks yourself from strength if you do it around those who will fight you with it.
8. Anger redoubles. Under no circumstances allow your anger to get the better of you, lest it control you.
9. Avoid dangerous social situations. You are setting yourself up for failure by joining in them.
10. Be what you are. Self explanatory.
11. Be what you are, nothing more. Do not attempt to impress others. They will see straight through you.
12. Be what you are, nothing less. Do not attempt to weaken yourself to console others.
13. Follow orders unfailingly. It allows you to remain strong.
Qualifier: Unless the orders are wrong.
14. Respect is of the UTMOST importance. Have respect for everyone, even if they do not respect you. This keeps you in a calm and powerful state.
15. Never respond physically. No matter how frustrated you get, never lay a hand on your rival. Only fools fight.
16. You cannot understand love. Love is a strange and powerful thing, but it is beyond the true grasp of mere mortals.
17. You cannot understand hate. Hate is a terrible and awful thing, and is beyond the true grasp of mere mortals.
18. Everyone has feelings. No matter who you are or what you do, you and everyone else has feelings. Respect them.
19. Those who attack you hurt themselves. Shameless attack policies get you nowhere. No matter how hard they try, if you do not let yourself become bothered, they will only hurt themselves.
20. Place all others before yourself. It is not okay to be glad you are not the recipient of misfortune if another is. Even in a life or death situation, you are the least important, subordinate to all others.
This is what I beleive, and I am not trying to convert anyone. I hope this list allows you to reflect upon your own beleifs, and above all, THINK.