AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EA/Origin Secretly Revokes Service to Entire Country

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Default EA/Origin Secretly Revokes Service to Entire Country

So a story just broke on Reddit, apparently EA secretly began denying service to all users (regardless where they were from, the country the account was made in, or the amount of money the user had invested in games) in Myanmar, naming "US Laws" as the reason. People were denied without any explanation or offer of refund. The initial belief was that US sanctions against Myanmar were the reason for the denial of service, however the sanctions were found to have been lifted on October 7th.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comm...ans_an_entire/

So what's everyone think? Is EA in the wrong, despite claiming to be following the law? Do you think refunding everyone would have changed peoples reactions?

Edit: Iran has also been secretly denied service: https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comm...anned_another/
    Last edited by ZombieWolf2508; 10-30-2016 at 10:27 AM.

My mood on a daily basis

Member Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2016 07:33 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: EA/Origin Secretly Revokes Service to Entire Country

well it's ea, they used to be the cool dudes of the industry but now they're basically a writhing mass of corporate tentacles

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information