AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do we have any runners here?

Senior Member Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2016 03:56 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Do we have any runners here?

I do a lot of running myself. Quit soccer a few years ago after 10 years of doing that, so use running as a means of both keeping in shape and letting loose a bit.
    Usually run around the woods here in my area, don't really like running on asphalt, since it ruins my knees (got them injured a few years back).

Prefer running in the rain as well, always liked rain a lot, not a clue as to why though :P

2. Likes T-Stew liked this post
    Senior Member T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Sushi2
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2016 10:43 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Do we have any runners here?

Quote Originally Posted by WhyWorry View Post
    Wow, Tristan. That is a lot of gear. When you run, do you wear your glasses or do you wear contacts? I don't like contacts as I find them fiddly. I just wear my normal glasses.
    I havent worn contacts in 10 years, though I have recently tried them again, but still trying different types and brands since they arent working out to well. So I always wear glasses when I run, and I have multiple pair of prescription sunglasses too.

My half marathon last weekend went well! And I never did report back on my half marathon in May. The Capital City 1/2 in may was my second half marathon.
    Some pics and brief write up:

A nice sunrise in my backyard that morning, a good omen?

About 14,000 runners in all (including 5k and quarter marathon too).

I went out kind of fast, I didnt really have a strategy but figured as long as I was feeling it I'd use it! Plus I started farther back than I should have, and lots of slow runners I had to work at getting around and through. As a matter of fact the took stats at the 5 mile mark and I passed over a thousand people !

1618 down, still many to go.

Well I went out too fast, as my 5 mile stats show. Infact at the 10k point I was only about a minute behind my record 10k. And I was already running out of steam, to the point of exhaustion. The final half of the race would be a struggle to try and hold on. My speed dropped, close to a minute per mile less.

Finished, at last!

Despite the last couple miles of slow pace, I finished strong, picking up the pace for the final 1/2 mile. 1hr 40 min... an improvement of 10 minutes from my first 1/2 marathon the previous year. This is a pretty competitive race, so even in my age group I didnt score (86th out of 598) but still I think real good for my second one. All of my friends that ran it finished in over 2hrs.

After a good race I always have a good beer, this guy I let age a year in my cellar.

And on to last weekends race... it was actually the half a ran last year as my first half, so this is the 1yr anniversary of my first half marathon. This one was much smaller and low key, no photos or fancy stats at the end. I did have a slight strategy change, since I went out too fast at Cap City and slowed a lot, I decided to target a more specific pace, just a hair faster than Cap City. It helped a little, I avoided going all out in the beginning, and felt a little better throughout, but still slowed. Seems like no matter what I still run into exhaustion half way through. I mean I am running over a minute per mile faster than my training pace. Anyhow, I hit my goal and beat the Cap City time slightly. Here is a copy from thier stats for my age group:

MALE AGE GROUP: 30 - 39

Place Bib# Name Age Time Pace
    ===== ====== ============================= === ======= =====
    1 167 Daniel Mullin 32 1:24:30 6:28
    2 261 James Geobert 32 1:35:27 7:18
    3 278 Tristan Stewart 35 1:38:29 7:32

Overall I was 44th/423.

I actually finished 3rd in my age group! And knocked off 12 minutes from the same race the year prior. I'm pretty happy with the results, although it left my legs tight as rocks and in some pain for a few days!
    Last edited by T-Stew; 08-18-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    ~ Tristan

Closed Thread

Thread Information