AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Female Characters

Junior Member Enfys is on a distinguished road Enfys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2013 05:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Favorite Female Characters

Hey guys, I'm doing a bit of research for a class on mass media, and I wanted to look at the different kinds of female characters anime fans prefer. Just so you know, you may get quoted in an upcoming paper, who knows?

Basically, I'd like to know, who are some of your favorite female anime characters and what is it that you like about them?

If possible, I'd like this to be a continuous discussion so I may ask some questions back at you so keep an eye out.

Mayushii The Gullible IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2013 06:01 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Favorite Female Characters

This first paragraph im just gonna copy what I said in another thread: I gotta agree with Blackwaltz that Naushica (Naushica of the Valley of the Wind) is a very attractive character. She is beautiful, nice, caring of all creatures, human and non-human alike, she dislikes violence and is actually afraid of using it, of indulging in such power, but nonetheless if the situation REALLY requires it she will use it. She appreciates the beauty of this world in all its different shapes and forms. She's smart, she's diligent, she's fun. She is an idealist. Ohhh she is just amazing she represents so much of what I admire ^_^

Other female anime characters I like is Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service. Fujioka Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club. These three are the ones that have stood out the most to me. Some of their defining traits that make me like them is that they are nice, smart, brave, genuine, kind, positive, diligent, caring, confident. Ofc I dont ask for one character to have all of these, but if I like a character, chances are they will have some of these traits, such is not always the case though : ) Physical appearance and their design and style also plays a role in it e.g. I also find certain quirky and shy people attractive such as Allison, she however is not an anime character ;D So yeah I guess its very broad for me, there are so many different things that can make a character compelling and attractive and I mean a character is more than just their traits, there's just so many factors taken into consideration subconciously when I now think about it. This ofc is also applied to not just characters but also how I am attracted to people irl.

Also these three anime characters feel like genuine people, like they could exist as a real person irl. Certain other anime characters can be very fascinating but do not feel like they could pass for a real person.

Yeah.. ;D
    If you wanna read that thread: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...-as-your-bf-gf
    Last edited by IluvAllison; 02-28-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hmm. I really like the way you described Nausica. I haven't seen Nausica, however I have seen Kiki's Delivery Service and Ouran High School Host Club so I see where you're going with the strong female lead idea. I honestly hadn't even thought about Miyazaki when coming up with this topic, but I'm really glad you brought up his films seeing as most of his movies are centered around a female protagonist. Now I know you said character design plays a role, however would you ever base a decision solely on the character's appearance?

Mayushii The Gullible IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2013 06:01 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Enfys View Post
    Hmm. I really like the way you described Nausica. I haven't seen Nausica, however I have seen Kiki's Delivery Service and Ouran High School Host Club so I see where you're going with the strong female lead idea. I honestly hadn't even thought about Miyazaki when coming up with this topic, but I'm really glad you brought up his films seeing as most of his movies are centered around a female protagonist. Now I know you said character design plays a role, however would you ever base a decision solely on the character's appearance?
    Hmm. Maybe not solely, but if the character has a design that really appeals to me, her fashion design and her character design, then it will make me initially fascinated by her, if her personality and demeanor is appealing then its a done deal ;D So I would say it depends, sometimes looks plays a larger role, other times not, but I dont think its ever 100% reliant on the characters apperance for me, because if her personality was something I would find disgusting or just plain unappealing, then that would get in the way.

And yeah Miyazaki always has a female lead doesnt he? ^^ Plow through his movies and im sure you'll find some more strong females, I havent seen all of them. But this thread isnt about that is it? Its about what anime fans find attractive. That thread I linked im sure has some good things to take from. There is also another thread recently created called something like Who's your Waifu?
    Last edited by IluvAllison; 03-01-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes, I really appreciate the link. Sorry I forgot to say that in my previous post.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Good luck on your paper. Oh yea, on topic.. Okami San - from Okami San and her seven companions. Really tough girl, guess that's why. I'm always into characters who don't take crap from people (If you quote me, you can remove crap in the paper). Really, if you need others I can provide. Kagami from Lucky Star is another great example. Haha love her character.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okay, so the more no-nonsense, kind of character. I've seen a bit of Lucky Star, but only one episode of Okami-san, I know she's very much a justice, driven character but could you describe her a little more for me, because I'm pretty unfamiliar with her.

Junior Member Yumeria is on a distinguished road Yumeria's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 02:54 AM
    Threads

Tomoyo from Clannad: She's strong and states her opinions without being all loud about them xD

Senior Member natsu d is a jewel in the rough natsu d is a jewel in the rough natsu d is a jewel in the rough natsu d is a jewel in the rough natsu d's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts L Laptop Ice Cream Nunchaku
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2018 03:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

erza frm fairy tail is quite strong and beautiful...
    so i like her.....

Member Nephiz is on a distinguished road Nephiz's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts IPhone
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2013 02:53 PM
    Threads

lisanna from fairy tail...so cute o3o

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Okay, so the more no-nonsense, kind of character. I've seen a bit of Lucky Star, but only one episode of Okami-san, I know she's very much a justice, driven character but could you describe her a little more for me, because I'm pretty unfamiliar with her.
    I'm sorry. You didn't quote me so I was unaware you were still talking to me. Yeah I'm into tougher characters, the sweet ones are fine BUT I hate girls in anime who depend on others. Very annoying. Okami in a nutshell is basically a sixteen year old girl who is very tough and has a hard time showing her feelings. She believes in justice and can't stand weak people or people who run away from helping others. Very tough girl. Basically shows no fear, even when scared.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Niko Project View Post
    I'm sorry. You didn't quote me so I was unaware you were still talking to me. Yeah I'm into tougher characters, the sweet ones are fine BUT I hate girls in anime who depend on others. Very annoying. Okami in a nutshell is basically a sixteen year old girl who is very tough and has a hard time showing her feelings. She believes in justice and can't stand weak people or people who run away from helping others. Very tough girl. Basically shows no fear, even when scared.
    Sorry, still learning form format. Anyways, you say you don't like girls who are dependent on others, would you mind telling me why and give me some examples please?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Yumeria View Post
    Tomoyo from Clannad: She's strong and states her opinions without being all loud about them xD
    What do you mean "without being all loud about them"?

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Niko Project View Post
    Okay, sorry, I'm still learning form format here. But you said you don't like characters that depend on others. Why would you say you don't like them? And could you give me some examples?

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What do you mean "without being all loud about them"?

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Okay, sorry, I'm still learning form format here. But you said you don't like characters that depend on others. Why would you say you don't like them? And could you give me some examples?
    They drag the story down and make females seem so weak. Kind and sweet is fine, but some girls in anime are so dependent on guys and others that it becomes annoying. Hmm. Examples? Sakura from Naruto was a good example for a good period of the show. What good did she bring?

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

Lunamaria Hawke (SEED Destiny), Mudie Holcroft (C.E. 73 Stargazer), Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service) and a few others
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Cannibal Countess ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Heart Pocky
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2016 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChibiLovett Steam ID: ChibiLovett

Pretty much all of my favorite characters in really anything are female. My favorite female anime characters would have to be...

Kurenai Yuhi from Naruto - Why? I really don't have a clue. She's such a small character, but she's always stood out to me.

Kirakishou from Rozen Maiden - Okay so you don't get to see her (aside from about two seconds in Overture) in the animeverse, but she's got a pretty significant part in the manga! She's so cute and psycho, my favorite combination. <3

Madame Red from Black Butler - A small character, yes, but I love her nonetheless. She's so elegant and beautiful, yet she hides pain-driven insanity. You get pretty much her entire backstory in one episode and you can't help but feel bad for her, even if she did go about it the definite wrong way.

Plus she's freaking Jack the Ripper! Come on, that's just awesome!

Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist - In the first anime, I feel bad for her, yet she still manages to kick butt. In Brotherhood, she's totally insane and sadistic and I lovett! Going between both series she's pretty much completely opposite people so I think it's really cool to see her in both ways.

Caterina Sforza from Trinity Blood - She's a strong woman who tries to do what is right and will do pretty much whatever it takes to do that. She runs things with an iron fist but can still be very caring and friendly towards those she cares about.

What can I say? I have a thing for both psychos and strong women. Strong women because I tend to be a bit of a feminist and psychos because I find people like that neverendingly fascinating, real or fictional. ^.^ Call me crazy because I'm sure I am, but oh well.
    She has no shadows, and she radiates beauty.

Slender body, and two eyes like ebony.

Her spirit's golden, and her mind's a mystery.

17. Likes Kāito liked this post
    Senior Member Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ice Ornament
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2021 10:15 AM
    Threads

I have plenty of them... my top 3 would be:

1)Revy (Black Lagoon) - she's so frelling badass xD no other comments needed..
    2)Haruhi (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) - everyone who ever watched this anime would agree with my choice
    3)Hinata (Naruto Shippudden) - a shy girl...seeing how she fought against Pain(one of the strongest characters in Naruto verse) for someone she loves more than life deserved my respect and 3rd place in my top

"I don't know what's worth fighting for or why I have to scream...."

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiLovett View Post
    What can I say? I have a thing for both psychos and strong women. Strong women because I tend to be a bit of a feminist and psychos because I find people like that neverendingly fascinating, real or fictional. ^.^ Call me crazy because I'm sure I am, but oh well.
    So you like strong women, what do you think about characters such as the girls from High School of the Dead? Would you call them strong or weak characters?

Cannibal Countess ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Heart Pocky
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2016 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChibiLovett Steam ID: ChibiLovett

So you like strong women, what do you think about characters such as the girls from High School of the Dead? Would you call them strong or weak characters?
    I actually haven't made it to that series yet, so I can't really say. But I don't necessarily mean always physical strength, if that's what you mean. They don't let others tell them what to do. They know what they want so they will do whatever it takes to get it. They may not be physically strong, but they might be fast instead, or smart. Maybe they couldn't win in a fight using just brute strength, but they could trick the opponent and outsmart them (like how Kurenai uses mainly illusionary genjutsu in battle). Sometimes they can be strong as an ox, but weak as a newborn mentally. Both are preferable, but if it must only be one, I definitely prefer the ones that are strong mentally. It's fun to watch girls kick the crap out of people, but even more fun to watch them mess with them in ways that they don't even realize.
    She has no shadows, and she radiates beauty.

Slender body, and two eyes like ebony.

Her spirit's golden, and her mind's a mystery.

Senior Member Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Tiger Basketball Black Beauty LesPauls
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2014 08:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My most favourite female characters I have tumbled across are Haruhi Fujioka, Mion Sonozaki, Furude Rika and Neko. As for why, well... I really can't explain. But I'd like to say, the first two would be because they are more like me, tomboyish. Haruhi is the study type (like me) and Mion is more playful (also like me). For the other two, only for one sole reason - they're just too cute. Most importantly, these four share the same character - they are sensible, people who care for their friends and will help them anytime. I'm not much of a tsundere person, cuz' I find them too annoying (no offense). Not all the tsunderes, most of 'em. And another type of female character I really dislike is the type who likes a boy but tries to act shy like weakling in front of their crushes just to get their attention. But at the back, they always think of evil ways to eliminate the person who the crush likes. I really can't stand those kinds of characters. Though, I'm really fine with Yanderes.
    May peace bestow this world,
    May our hearts unite.
    Life may not be smooth as pearl,
    But pray for our decisions to be always right.

Life may be hard, it's a big pain in the butt. But hey, who says behind all those pain, can't hide some happiness ?

Senior Member GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2018 07:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tOSUguy2002

Misato from NGE shes smart sexy and drinks beer at breakfast haha

23. Likes darksky967 liked this post
    Senior Member Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Ariel EVE Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 06:04 PM
    Threads

Saya from Blood+ because she is soooo beautiful! <3 kind and strong :3

Senior Member GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2018 07:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tOSUguy2002

I may have changed my opinion to Shiro from Deadman Wonderland. Shes so cute!

Junior Member Yumeria is on a distinguished road Yumeria's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 02:54 AM
    Threads

@Enfys

Sorry for the late reply xD

I guess what I meant is that she's opininated, but she doesn't try to get others to think what she does ^^

Junior Member Mavis Vermilion is on a distinguished road Mavis Vermilion's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2013 09:54 AM
    Threads

Mavis, Saber, Tamako, Shiina, Senjougahara, Mio, Azusa, Yui, Ritsu, Mugi, Kougyoku, Morgiana, Hakaze, Aika

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Mavis, Saber, Tamako, Shiina, Senjougahara, Mio, Azusa, Yui, Ritsu, Mugi, Kougyoku, Morgiana, Hakaze, Aika, and Wendy.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information