AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Thread: Cooking.. Do you like to Cook?

Threaded View

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2014 05:35 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lots of bits PSN ID: rf_switch Steam ID: lotsofbits

Default Cooking.. Do you like to Cook?

Ok, while I'm sure at some point in time there was a cooking thread here I am making a new one. I don't feel like going through pages of stuff.

Anyways.. Do you like to cook. What do you like to cook?

I actually really like cooking. So much so that I actually ended up going to Culinary school and got a degree in Culinary Arts.

Anyway. At this point in time I mainly cook a lot of Asian Influenced things. I grew up in a city with a large Asian population and at one point in time when I needed a job a friend hooked me up with job at a Korean owned Japanese Restaurant.

So I actually do know how to make a decent amount of your typical Westernized Japanese dishes as well as more Korean family meals since it was a family owned Restaurant and we ate a lot of Korean family meal food.

I've been thinking about focusing on more Korean stuff lately. Becuase honestly the majority of Japanese food I have tried doesn't really interest me too much. I currently have some Daeji Bulgolgi (Spicy grilled Pork Belly) in my fridge that I marinated. Just ready to grill tomorrow actually. I do need to eventually work on just refining much of that stuff in my own way with more modern or even french methods I suppose.

I needed something. My heritage would suggest I should do Portuguese or German food. Where I grew up would mean I should do California Cuisine... But nah. I guess I'll be different. It's not like I can't mix some of those things in with whatever I do anyway.

For those who want to do Japanese and don't really know how these two Youtube people helped me alot with I had to "learn" from someone who only spoke Spanish.
    Cooking with Dog http://www.youtube.com/user/cookingwithdog
    RunnyRunny999 http://www.youtube.com/user/runnyrunny999/videos?view=0

So what can or do you like to cook? If you can't cook what would you like to eventually be able to cook?
    Last edited by rf switch; 02-28-2013 at 04:59 AM.

Thread Information