AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for new anime

Junior Member Phrosen is on a distinguished road Phrosen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2013 01:16 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Looking for new anime

Hi.

I'm new here and I don't know much about anime.

Anime I've watched so far:
    -Bleach (I believe I've finished the main story. I heard it continues after it finishes, but I didn't bother watching it further.)
    -Naruto (Seen all the main episodes of Naruto, and about 290 episodes of Naruto: Shippuden.)
    -Pokémon (Only seen about one season.)
    -Avatar: The Last Airbender (I consider this "American/Western-anime", don't care if you agree or not. I also saw Avatar: The Legend of Korra, didn't like it as much.)
    -Yu-Gi-Oh (Only seen about 15 episodes or so.)
    -Soul Eater (Only seen five episodes so far.)

I believe that's all I've watched so far. Now I'm looking for new anime to watch.
    However, I'm rather picky with what I want. I believe there's a ton of anime out there, so there should be some that pleases me.

Here's what I'm looking for:
    *First of all it needs to be the original language of the show. I don't want any dubbed stuff. (Ie an anime made in Japan should be spoken in Japanese. An "anime" made in America should be spoken in English. You get the idea.)
    *Secondly, if the anime is spoken in any other language than English, it must have English subtitles - otherwise I can't understand a thing. Preferably by a good translator, and a readable text color, size and font (it's no good if I can't read it, right.)
    *Third: As I said; I'm picky: so I want as good quality is possible, at least 480p. Preferably 720p or higher. The mb size of the movie-file doesn't matter, so long as it's good, high quality. Preferred file-types: .avi or .mkv.
    *Fourth: I want to be able to download the anime to my computer (I don't want to watch it on soe stream-service.) The best way (and practically only way) for me to download a lot of episodes is by using torrents. (I can't be bothered going to some site, clicking a link, wait 10 seconds and watch some commercial, then get a download for a single episode - repeat 300 times for the entire series.)

These four points are what I call "the basics" that my anime needs to have. Naruto met pretty much all of these requirements for me, which was really nice.
    Now for the actual anime:

*I want an anime like Naruto or Bleach (I believe it's called "supernatural anime"?), with a lot of changes:
    *It has to be for grown-ups. Naruto seems to target kids more than grown-ups. Bleach does a better job at this, but Bleach isn't as interesting "combat system" as Naruto.
    *I don't want the main characters to be "immortal", like every single show in the world (anime or not). I sit and watch a show where the main character faces a really strong villain (ie Naruto vs Orochimaru), and I'm not the least bit worried about the outcome of the fight, because I know Naruto or his friends is in no kind of danger at all. Even if they actually die, the developers bring them back to life right away. Shortly put: I want an anime where characters can die and stay dead, so that I can be alittle worried about the fights.
    *The character progress must be balanced. In Naruto every character develops at the speed of light, while in Bleach Ichigo and his friends pretty much stays the same throughout the entire series (I am exaggerating the Bleach-example, but you get the idea.) Simple put: Naruto's characters developt too fast, Bleach characters develops to a certain point and stops. I want a better balance between the two.
    *I don't want so much screaming and childish behaviour, for example Naruto (as a child; the start of the series) screaming and go charging in, or Black Star in Soul eater, or pretty much everyone in Pokémon (as I remember it, I might be wrong.) I don't mind characters being upset and screaming every now and then, but I just get tired of the constant screaming and stupidness of certain characters.
    *I don't want the characters to get super powers just because their friends are in danger. For example: a main character fights a villain that is stronger than him. The main character gets beat half to death without putting a scratch on the enemy. The enemy leaves the main character for dead and turns to his much weaker friends to finish them off. Then the main character gets back on his feat, says something pretty about friends and promises then screams and turns the fight around and eventually wins - while in reality the main character should be unable to move and pretty much dead. I much rather see someone else come to the rescue (something a little bit more realistic.)
    *I like the drawing style in Soul Eater, seeing more anime like that would be nice.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a long list of demands in my first post and all. These are just what I would like to see. If you know an anime that fits all or some of the above mentioned "requirements", please recommend them to me.
    I could go on all day about what I like and dislike about certain anime, but I'm gonna stop here. I hope you got the big idea of what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance. =)

Junior Member Hunterxhunter is on a distinguished road Hunterxhunter's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2013 01:28 PM
    Threads

Default Hunterxhunter (2011)

Hunterxhunter (2011) It is similar to naruto, but different in another way.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: Looking for new anime

Please tell me more about Hunterxhunter. =)
    And where can I download it?

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

We're not allowed to discuss where or how to download anime. It's illegal, and causes problems for the anime community, anime developers and for the forum in terms of legalities. We assume that you purchase the anime you watch legally, though obviously we can't -stop- you acquiring it by other means, merely you're not allowed to discuss how to obtain it in such manners.

That said, having seen the original (older) series of Hunter X Hunter, I would say give it a shot. I'm not sure how different the 2011 version is to the original (which predates it by some years). If you've seen or heard of Yu Yu Hakusho, the original series has the same art-style. Not sure about the 2011 version. It does indeed have some similarities to Naruto, however I'm sure you can read up about it on the Wikipedia pages.

:]
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    We're not allowed to discuss where or how to download anime. It's illegal, and causes problems for the anime community, anime developers and for the forum in terms of legalities. We assume that you purchase the anime you watch legally, though obviously we can't -stop- you acquiring it by other means, merely you're not allowed to discuss how to obtain it in such manners.
    I meant free anime. (I often see a screen at the start of each episode that says something like "This is fan made anime, if you paid for this you have been ripped off".)
    Or anime that is somehow funded by commercial. I believe there are websites that share anime series which are run by commercials and donations, and pays the makers for the right to share the stuff.

Junior Member xXAngiXx has much to be proud of xXAngiXx has much to be proud of xXAngiXx has much to be proud of xXAngiXx has much to be proud of xXAngiXx has much to be proud of xXAngiXx has much to be proud of xXAngiXx has much to be proud of xXAngiXx has much to be proud of xXAngiXx has much to be proud of xXAngiXx's Avatar
    Gil
    Sad
    Gifts Dice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2013 02:38 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AngiTheRacoon

I dont know if you could find it without dubs, I just watched it on netflix :I High School Of The Dead Is definetly for adults, I learned that VERY early on. Its about zombies, yeah yeah yeah but theres a lot of cool fight scenes, no superpowers, and isnt childish but still has a little bit of humor and fun in it so its not.. "dry" Try it, If you can find subbed otherwise the dubs weren't to terrible.

Senior Member Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ice Ornament
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2021 10:15 AM
    Threads

Darker Than Black
    To Aru Majitsu no Index
    Fairy Tail
    Code Geass
    Death Note ( not like naruto or bleach but if you want anime for adults with great plot and characters i'd recommend to watch it)

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phrosen View Post
    I meant free anime. (I often see a screen at the start of each episode that says something like "This is fan made anime, if you paid for this you have been ripped off".)
    Or anime that is somehow funded by commercial. I believe there are websites that share anime series which are run by commercials and donations, and pays the makers for the right to share the stuff.
    You may want to look into the simulcast known as CrunchyRoll, then. I've heard they have some sort of Netflix-like service/app on PS3, but I don't really know how they work or even what their website is.

Technically, no anime is 'free', and anything that says the anime is 'free' just means that the subbing of it was. But yeah, you might want to look into Crunchyroll or anything similar.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I was looking at Fairy Tail really quick and it seems interesting. How would you compare it against Bleach or Naruto? -Which one do you consider is the best, second and third of the three?

Which is your favorite anime series of all time?

Banned Forum / Chat meganpu is on a distinguished road meganpu's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2013 12:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

how can you miss inuyasha?
    Last edited by Ranshiin; 03-02-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Member Nephiz is on a distinguished road Nephiz's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts IPhone
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2013 02:53 PM
    Threads

You need to watch Darker Than Black!
    I'm actually watching it right now and it's epic and a great plot!
    http://www.animeget.com/darker-than-black-episode-1
    it has 2 seasons.

-----------------------------
    The first of that list is obviously bleach, after is fairy tail and in last naruto.

My favourite anime of all times is without a doubt One Piece
    Last edited by Nephiz; 03-02-2013 at 07:38 AM.

Senior Member SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight has a reputation beyond repute SolanaNight's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Blackjack Death Note Black Cat
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2013 11:22 AM
    Threads

Well, if you're looking for supernatural and adult, the first thing that comes to mind is Hellsing/Hellsing Ultimate. The first, original anime, was made before the manga was finished, so it only followed the first couple of chapters then strayed off the original story. Hellsing Ultimate, however, is the OVA and completely follows the manga. Although Ultimate outperforms the original by far, I'd still recommend the original because it's a classic.

For a brief summary: Set in England, Hellsing is named after and centered around the Holy Order of Protestant Knights, originally led by Abraham Van Helsing. The mission of Hellsing is to search and destroy those that threaten Queen and Country from the undead and other supernatural forces of evil. This organization is currently led by Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing, who inherited the leadership of Hellsing as a child after the death of her father. She witnessed his death which turned her from a once innocent and shy little girl to a tough and deadly force. She is protected by the faithful Hellsing family butler and former Hellsing "trashman" Walter C. Dornez, a deadly foe in his own right, and Alucard, the original and most powerful vampire that swore loyalty to the Hellsing family after being defeated by Van Helsing one hundred years before the story takes place. These formidable guardians are joined early on in the storyline by former police officer Seras Victoria, whom Alucard turned into a vampire. As the scale and frequency of incidents involving the undead escalate in England and all around the world, Sir Integra discovers that the remnants of a Nazi group called Millennium still exist and are intent on reviving the Third Reich by creating a battalion of vampires. Millennium, Hellsing, and the Vatican section XIII Iscariot clash in an apocalyptic three-sided war in London, and Millennium reveals its true objective: to destroy the vampire Alucard, ending a feud begun during World War II. (Taken from wikipedia.com)

I noticed that you preferred animes to be subbed if they were made in Japan. Which is, of course, understandable. However, with it taking place in England, would you still watch it subbed? :P Alucard is also a very powerful character, but there is still a very real sense of danger though. It's more realistic even though it does have supernatural elements, characters die and stay dead, and so forth. On another note, quality more often than not depends on what site you decide to watch it on. Animefreak.tv has really good quality for the most part with good buffering, and only one ad before each episode. There's also a couple others that are pretty good as well. Most sites, unless they're specifically geared towards dubbed or subbed, will have both the dubbed and subbed mirrors available depending on your preference. The subtitles are almost always good on these sites. I've rarely come across one where the subtitles were bad and unreadable.

Senior Member Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Bleach Kon
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2014 03:56 AM
    Threads

You can watch :-

fullmetal alchemist
    Black butler
    Darker than black
    07-ghost
    k-on
    Bleach
    Vampire Knights
    Toradora
    Maidsama

Well, they are too many but you can watch them one after one...

UnExpected....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information