AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to learn Japanese?

Senior Member Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2015 02:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Metaphasic

Default How to learn Japanese?

I want to learn Japanese, but I have a few issues keeping me from doing so at the moment.

The first problem I have is that I do not learn well in a completely immersive environment. All the colleges I looked at have classes where the professor never speaks a word of English. For whatever reason, I cannot absorb information this way. If I could, you'd think after 25 years or so of watching subtitled anime, I'd have gotten most of it.

The second thing is that I do not know anybody who actually speaks it. It would be nice to sit down with somebody who and learn.

Finally, I do not have the money for something like Rosetta Stone.

I am 46, and have had two strokes already, for those who do not know. My brain simply isn't wired to learn like most people.

Do any of you know any good traditional free learning sites, or other possibly avenues for me?

Thanks.

Junior Member kuroyukihime401 is on a distinguished road kuroyukihime401's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2015 06:02 AM
    Threads

Default want to learn Japanese?

I recommend you to go to this site japanesepod101.com or download apps that can help you in your japanese study..I hope this info can help you.

Senior Member Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic has a brilliant future Metaphasic's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2015 02:49 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Metaphasic

Default Re: How to learn Japanese?

Well, I looked at it. Seemed ok until they started shoving offers in my face. Proceeded to the free lessons.

Not what I'm looking for. But thanks anyway. What I need is a way to learn, as if I was a japanese grade schooler. Like ... practice sheets where you have to write the symbols over and over, sound them out phonetically, repeatedly, then form simple words. Just like 1-6 grade here in the US. But I can't simply do it on my own. I need an instructor to set pacing and such.

That's how I learn best.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information