AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TV and Y O U

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: TV and Y O U

Quote Originally Posted by nrL View Post
    What do you mean, "cable"?
    Have you ever seen a tv without cables?
    She meant cable as in 'the signal for the TV comes in via a cable'.

as opposed to satelite, as in 'the signal for the TV comes from a satelite beam'.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

Never.
    Unless watching anime is considered watching TV.
    In that case, all of the time.

AFs Cutest Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2019 09:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    She meant cable as in 'the signal for the TV comes in via a cable'.

as opposed to satelite, as in 'the signal for the TV comes from a satelite beam'.
    yeah.
    hella

Junior Member ❣Theory is on a distinguished road ❣Theory's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts V Guitar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2013 02:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skydrgn112

Quote Originally Posted by Sc0tty View Post
    A few game shows that most non-Brits have herd of. The ones I love are Pointless (Imagine Family Feud but you have to go for the least popular answers) and The Chase (Where 4 people go head-to-head against a quiz champion)
    Ah okay, now that sure does sound interest game. Only thing I do watch from bbc, is top gear and skins. I just love Top Gear <3, the American version sucks in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    I have cable TV (virgin media) but I rarely use it, and to be honest it's because there's never anything on TV worth watching anyway. Over this end of the pond TV has degenerated into a few hours of Teletubbies in the morning, then bargain hunt and bargain madness and attic raiders/whatever until evening, then some dumb quiz show, then soaps, and then late-night re-runs of stuff nobody likes.

Rinse, repeat.

I do watch 'programmes' though, but mostly things that I stream via UK iPlayers (BBC iPlayer, 4oD, etc) and tends to just be old animated movies. I was recently watching Kids Next Door, though. I finally managed to get to see the whole series... a lot of episodes.

I haven't watched anime in forever. I need to catch back up on One Piece and junk, but eh.
    Kids next door, man I haven't seen that in ages. Also pretty much what they air over here, with their useless genres.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    My TV is on all the time. Its not so much that I watch it. I just have it turned on. The channels Ill tune into are Audience Network on Directv to watch the sports shows they air (Dan Patrick Show and Artie Lang Show) then Comedy Central Ill "watch" the daily show or Colbert report (I use my tv for a radio and light more than to watch it). And when it gets later Ill turn to Adult Swim and watch the garb they air even though sometimes i like what is on.
    Whenever I watch tv with the bear, if we happen to catch it, we watch the Colbert Report. Adult Swim isn't the same as back then...so I don't even bother watching that

Quote Originally Posted by Albear View Post
    I watch Tru tv and Disney alot.
    I happen to catch a show on Disney yesterday with my little sister ear. It's called Jessie, seemed pretty cool. But all the other shows just suck or I guess the Disney kid in me faded.

Quote Originally Posted by dinochan View Post
    I don't really watch TV. If some one elese turns it, on and I hear something that catches my interest, I might look up for a minuet to decide if I even care. Alas, ussualy my hopes for decent American televisoin shows are dashed and I go back to what ever I was reading.
    I know that feeling oh so much.

I like watching science channel when they talk about the universe and the stephen hawking stuff but like I said in the post above 90% of the time my head is not aimed to my tv. Im looking into the other big light bulb aka my computer
    Awesome,by our my kind of person to watch programs with.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonMoon View Post
    Rarely watch TV. And when I do, it's MTV, or Animax, or cooking shows. I can go months without TV, but I can't go a day without cell phone or computer.
    Speaking of cooking shows, I record a few shows. Like Chopped, Anthony Bourdain, Iron Chef, Ramsey and that's pretty much it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syndicate View Post
    More like Pc and you c:
    I watch tv maybe 30mins a day.. tho I watch anime on my pc all day if I'm not playing a game or on Photoshop.
    Lol, that is so true. I see mostly everyone is using pc and just streaming shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Chigumi View Post
    Rarely to be honest. Only when I'm eating in the kitchen.
    Because, for some reason, I can't eat comfortably without the TV in there.
    Hm, I see what you mean. I do catch myself eating while watching tv lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
    Never.
    Unless watching anime is considered watching TV.
    In that case, all of the time.
    Hm, well if we were in Japan..then yeah it would be considered watching tv. But here it's more like online anime watching.

5. Likes Chigumi liked this post
    Member Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2013 10:40 AM
    Threads

I hardly watch TV anymore (maybe discovery/natgeo). I do have a TV in my bedroom, but i only use it to watch anime, movies, shows (Arrow anyone?) comedy shows (love Gabriel Iglesias). When i do put on the TV, 99% of the time it's some lame gameshow of a singing competition..

7. Likes ❣Theory liked this post
    Senior Member darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967's Avatar
    Gil
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2014 06:44 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: h3rra

I don't watch it, I used to when I was a kid although I think most kids would - like to watch cartoons

as far as TV channels goes, I only like the discovery channel
    Strengthen & Keep Strengthening

9. Likes ❣Theory liked this post
    They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Four score and seven years ago, I bought a plasma TV for the kitchen; never bothered to watch it, though. I left that house along with the TV and some bad memories. Now I have no TV and am fine with it, but when, on occasion, I get a glance at someone else's TV, I hate everything I see on it and can't help but rant.
    It's because I know what TV was like in the past and am noticing how shitty it's become today.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

11. Likes ❣Theory liked this post
    Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

I usually watch documentaries, the Discovery Channel, National Geographic, the History Channel and the Travel Channel mostly
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

13. Likes ❣Theory liked this post
    Senior Member T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Sushi2
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2016 10:43 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ❣Theory View Post
    How often do you watch television? Simple question, simple answer.

As for myself, I hardly watch tv unless I'm accompanied by my big bear (husband). If not for him, I'd only watch the news/history channel and discovery channel. Also documentaries and anime of course. I only watch these on occasion, basically when he isn't there; no tv. When he gets home, tv it is.

In my opinion the shows that are aired, are mostly stupid and pointless. I see mostly reality tv shows taking over...a lot of hillbilly reality series Seem to be the fad this year.

'Kay your turn.
    I'm with you. I rarely ever watch tv any more. I would like discovery, history, that kind of stuff but don't like the price tag of satellite and we have no cable here. I did put up a pretty nice antenna on the roof so my wife would quite complaining - we do get a lot of over the air channels now everything has gone digital. But thats probably another reason I hate tv, she always has it on and usually all the silly 'reality' shows. About the only reality show I like would be something like high speed pursuit or the worlds dumbest criminals, I used to love those shows.

I did most of my anime watching on netflix, though I havent even done that in months. Not too many anime left on netflix geared towards the more adult crowd that I find interesting, and well lifes been busy lately so I dont think I have watched an episode of anything in 2013 yet. Maybe a movie once every couple three weeks.
    Last edited by T-Stew; 02-24-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    ~ Tristan

15. Thanks ❣Theory thanked for this post
    Likes ❣Theory liked this post
    Junior Member ❣Theory is on a distinguished road ❣Theory's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts V Guitar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2013 02:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skydrgn112

Quote Originally Posted by Appy View Post
    I hardly watch TV anymore (maybe discovery/natgeo). I do have a TV in my bedroom, but i only use it to watch anime, movies, shows (Arrow anyone?) comedy shows (love Gabriel Iglesias). When i do put on the TV, 99% of the time it's some lame gameshow of a singing competition..
    The only time my tv is on in the bedroom. Is when I'm going to sleep, I have it as background noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.LeDoom! View Post
    Four score and seven years ago, I bought a plasma TV for the kitchen; never bothered to watch it, though. I left that house along with the TV and some bad memories. Now I have no TV and am fine with it, but when, on occasion, I get a glance at someone else's TV, I hate everything I see on it and can't help but rant.
    It's because I know what TV was like in the past and am noticing how shitty it's become today.
    I couldn't agree more on that notion. Trust me your not missing a thing nor would you ever need a tv. I miss the shows when I was growing up as a kid. I even miss going outside, kids don't do that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Stew View Post
    I'm with you. I rarely ever watch tv any more. I would like discovery, history, that kind of stuff but don't like the price tag of satellite and we have no cable here. I did put up a pretty nice antenna on the roof so my wife would quite complaining - we do get a lot of over the air channels now everything has gone digital. But thats probably another reason I hate tv, she always has it on and usually all the silly 'reality' shows. About the only reality show I like would be something like high speed pursuit or the worlds dumbest criminals, I used to love those shows.

I did most of my anime watching on netflix, though I havent even done that in months. Not too many anime left on netflix geared towards the more adult crowd that I find interesting, and well lifes been busy lately so I dont think I have watched an episode of anything in 2013 yet. Maybe a movie once every couple three weeks.
    Haha, I'm on you with that about our significant other watching reality shows. Netflix pisses me off, they hardly update anymore. I use Hulu or crunchy roll to get my dose of anime.

17. Likes DOOM! liked this post
    Straight Outta Motown! Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Paint Palette Mic Sunglasses
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2014 02:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sleepy_Ninja313

Not a lot of good stuff on tv anymore. Most of what i watch now is random stuff on Smithsonian channel, Discovery, Comedy Central, Spike TV, History channel, Cartoon Network(mostly stuff on Adult Swim), Boomerang, and Teen Nick late at night. Other than that, i started to watch the show Top Gear, wrestling and the Speed Network more often. Recently i got myself one of those smart HDTV's, and i've been using my brother's Hulu plus and Netflix accounts to watch stuff. Only if they let you pay for the channels you want to watch, which would be great. But too bad it's only an idea that will never be.
    Last edited by Token Black Guy; 02-24-2013 at 09:41 PM.
    Man that is whack!

Token Black Guy

Senior Member T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Sushi2
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2016 10:43 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ❣Theory View Post

Haha, I'm on you with that about our significant other watching reality shows. Netflix pisses me off, they hardly update anymore. I use Hulu or crunchy roll to get my dose of anime.
    So better stuff on Hulu? I was thinking about them but my wife had already got netflix and it seemed good until I've went through most I liked. About the update - actually the last update I saw they took away the ones I liked! They pulled Claymore but thats ok I saw the whole thing and have it on Bluray, but I was in the middle of Ghost in the Shell and its gone now! Still havent seen the whole 2nd gig.
    ~ Tristan

Senior Member KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Trollface Mario Fire Flower
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2013 04:01 AM
    Threads

Netflix spoiled me. I can't stand commercials anymore. Even the 15 second YouTube commercials get under my skin.

Junior Member Kogagirl is on a distinguished road Kogagirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2013 07:51 AM
    Threads

I don't watch it that much... only to get on and watch NCIS with my boyfriend and when the recordings pile up... or when Harry Potter is on.
    ~DreamInColour

Junior Member dynamicdoodles has a reputation beyond repute dynamicdoodles has a reputation beyond repute dynamicdoodles has a reputation beyond repute dynamicdoodles has a reputation beyond repute dynamicdoodles has a reputation beyond repute dynamicdoodles has a reputation beyond repute dynamicdoodles has a reputation beyond repute dynamicdoodles has a reputation beyond repute dynamicdoodles has a reputation beyond repute dynamicdoodles has a reputation beyond repute dynamicdoodles has a reputation beyond repute dynamicdoodles's Avatar
    Gil
    Persnickety
    Gifts Dr Who Dalek Strawberry
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2013 03:10 PM
    Threads

I watch an unhealthy amount of TV haha. I always have it on in the background for when I'm doing something else. I mostly just record things that I want to watch, so I never really watch regular TV with the commercials. Other than that I just go on Netflix. I mostly just watch cartoons, fantasy, sci fi, comedy, and rarely a reality show. I mostly just rewatch a bunch of my favorites on Netflix though.

Member petitefeet is on a distinguished road petitefeet's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Tori Gate Red Stapler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2013 10:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: petitefeet79

I've never been much of a TV person, unless it was Adult Swim.

Lately, though, I've been at home with a broken ankle so I've been watching TV like it's going out of style. It's usually History, Discovery, or Comedy Central. Then, at 10PM, I switch to Adult Swim and that's how I spend the rest of my night, especially when Toonami is on.

AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

I don't watch TV.

MY ANIME-PLANET WATCH LIST

AF FAMILY
    Astral_Mage - Younger Brother/Confetti Brother
    horrendous - Older Brother
    1nterest1ng - Confetti Brother

Senior Member GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2018 07:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tOSUguy2002

When TruTV airs those most shocking videos shows i can watch like 10 mins of that until i get bored of watching footage from 15 years ago. some of the stuff theyll show really is crazy tho

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Ditched it in a ditch. Not worth the money. Just pay thirty dollars for Netflix and Internet. For the shows you want to watch and aren't on Netflix you can just buy the season DVDs/Bluerays and still come out with a ton of money to spare. Cable needs to die in a fire.

Senior Member GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Ditched it in a ditch. Not worth the money. Just pay thirty dollars for Netflix and Internet. For the shows you want to watch and aren't on Netflix you can just buy the season DVDs/Bluerays and still come out with a ton of money to spare. Cable needs to die in a fire.
    i think it will still take awhile to truly supplant live television. sports fans especially will be the last to change. you ever look at the rates ESPN charges per subscriber? astronomical compared to the other cable channels. why? because ESPN airs the most live events/programs of any channel bar none. Also look at advertising rates (especially since DVR) live events make waaay more from adverts than their canned friends. People dont Tivo their favorite football team but theyll Tivo the walking dead every week.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

i think it will still take awhile to truly supplant live television. sports fans especially will be the last to change. you ever look at the rates ESPN charges per subscriber? astronomical compared to the other cable channels. why? because ESPN airs the most live events/programs of any channel bar none. Also look at advertising rates (especially since DVR) live events make waaay more from adverts than their canned friends. People dont Tivo their favorite football team but theyll Tivo the walking dead every week.
    Yeah, don't watch sports. Those who do just have to deal. And live shows like Idol are crap so no interest either.

Junior Member Ethreal is on a distinguished road Ethreal's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2013 04:10 AM
    if you need to ask then you don't need to know :)
    Threads

you know the world really would be up the creek without a paddle if for some reason all of these new devices that can connect via Wi-Fi were just suddenly destroyed, broken, gone forever. no one would know what to do (myself included). I watch some TV, mainly History, Comedy Central, Adult Swim (when they bring Toonamie on, so freakin glad they had the brains to bring it back) and that's about it. other times im either playing a video game, working on my computer, or watching a movie with my wife.

Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Yeah, don't watch sports. Those who do just have to deal. And live shows like Idol are crap so no interest either.
    Idol is not live in anyway shape or form. Live television is live. not pre recorded like American Idol or any of those Network programs. Just because they call it reality tv does not make it live television.

And I didnt say you had to watch sports or any of it at all. What are sports fans going to deal with exactly? Might i suggest you are the one who is going to have to "deal" because cable companies arent going anywhere any time soon.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Idol is not live in anyway shape or form. Live television is live. not pre recorded like American Idol or any of those Network programs. Just because they call it reality tv does not make it live television.

And I didnt say you had to watch sports or any of it at all. What are sports fans going to deal with exactly? Might i suggest you are the one who is going to have to "deal" because cable companies arent going anywhere any time soon.
    What do I have to deal with? If I don't use a service I don't have to deal with anything.

Member petitefeet is on a distinguished road petitefeet's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Tori Gate Red Stapler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2013 10:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: petitefeet79

That is what stopped me from getting rid of cable and just relying on internet and either NetFlix or Hulu. My husband is a football fan, I'm a baseball fan, and we'd be hard to handle if we didn't get our fixes when our teams played.

Closed Thread

Thread Information