AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [TV Series] Sankarea

Member LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2015 07:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [TV Series] Sankarea

SANKAREA

Type: TV Series (12 Episodes, 3 OVA)

Genre: Romance, Comedy, Harem

Plot Synopsis:

Chihiro Furuya is a male high school student with a keen interest in zombies, collecting zombie-related videogames, film and manga, and even to the point of desiring to "kiss a zombie girl". Following the death of his pet cat, Bābu, he attempts to revive it using an old manuscript, which describes the process of creating a potion for resurrection. At this time, he encounters a girl named Rea Sanka, who has run away from home. In an attempt to commit suicide, she drinks a sample of the "resurrection" potion which is created from the poisonous Hydrangea macrophylla flower, although this fails to kill her. Following an argument with her father, she falls from a cliff by accident and dies. However, as a result of the potion, she becomes a zombie who eats hydrangea leaves.

Video Review:

+
    "> " /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Story:
    What starts of as a relatively interesting and was a concept I hadn't really seen before. However, with most romantic comedies, the series after the introduction slides into the old tropes that we've seen many times over. I would like to have seen the unique twist of a romantic comedy but the new premise was but a spice on the same bowl of romcom we see everywhere.

Characters:
    The main characters and their interactions were really interesting to watch and it was definitely the draw of the series. However, the series has it's share of character cliches that once again, we've seen all too often. However while this is the case, the character were well developed if not cliches and were generally enjoyable to watch, I would have liked the use of different character types as with the theme of the series, it would have been more appropriate.

Art/Animation:
    Character design wise the series was fairly ordinary, and so was the animation. Sadly I don't have a lot to say here. The series is nice to watch, the scenery was beautiful the animations was "good enough" for the series and the character designs were nice, but not anything special. Average across the board.

Sound/Music:
    Soundtrack was a stroke of genius, borrowing from the influences of horror films and the like. Aside from those tracks however, there were your typical cliche romcom kind of music but hidden amongst these tracks are touches of harmonic or melodic dissonances that create a sound of tension. It's almost as if the OST is saying, this is you're typical slice of life romcom but there's something a little off about it.

Please give me feedback on the video, and sub is you do like as I want to do more.

Check out my anime review show:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLOROnline

Junior Member Fringie is on a distinguished road Fringie's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Mario Cheep Cheep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2013 05:30 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fringie2 Steam ID: boofarn

Default Re: [TV Series] Sankarea

I just watched this recently funnily enough, it's a great Anime defo worth watching. Their was some things that annoyed me i.e. the male main characters hair semi resembled cat ears..
    I really enjoyed this Anime and I really am disappointed theirs only 13 episodes.

Junior Member ScaryOtaku56 is on a distinguished road ScaryOtaku56's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2013 12:10 PM
    Threads

Default Re: [TV Series] Sankarea

I was upset there was only 13 episodes too but the manga is still going, its about 40 or so chapters so far. The dad kinda creeps me out though...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information