AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [TV Series] Sword Art Online

Senior Member Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2013 06:15 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [TV Series] Sword Art Online

Sword Art Online

Type: Anime - 25 episodes.

Genre: Action, Romance, Fantasy.

Plot Synopsis: In the near future virtual reality video games are a possibility. Our hero Kirito enters the new big hate VRMMORPG to battle his way through the games beautiful world. Soon after logging on players begin to realise that logging off is impossible. The games creator, Kayaba Akihiko, tells the players that death in the game results in death in reality. The only way out is to win the game.

Video Review:
    +
    "> " /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Story: 6/10
    Sword Art Online has a decent story. Nothing we haven't seen before but it's a fun premise. The first few episodes of SAO have a blistering pace. I loved the first three episodes. They me hungering for more. SAO settles after this however. Filler episodes combined with a forced romance damage the story. With the second arc the storyline is further damaged.

Characters: 5/10
    Patchy. Whilst Kirito is actually fairly likeable, the shows insistence that he become male wish fulfilment is an irritant. Asuna starts off as a really interesting female secondary but the romantic subplot is really bad and it robs her of all that made her interesting to begin with. Laefa is annoying. The rest of the cast (minus the harem characters) seem mildly interesting but get very little screentime. The villains are very disappointing.

Art/animation: 9/10
    The animation is very good. Really quite nice. The character designs are pleasant to look at and easy to tell apart. The battles are a feast for the eyes. If we had more battles this could have pushed for a 10.

Voice acting, music rating: 8/10
    The soundtrack is really good. It takes awhile for you to start enjoying the tracks but soon you will find yourself absent mindedly humming the themes. The voice acting is solid.

Overall: 7/10

Senior Member Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito has a reputation beyond repute Kāito's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ice Ornament
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2021 10:15 AM
    Threads

Default Re: [TV Series] Sword Art Online

Well i don't agree only about story rating of yours.The plot have many good points,comparing to other crappy anime i've seen recently it deserves more than 6/10 ... personally i would rate it like 8/10 .Wanted to give more but.... not now,my final rate will be when 3 arc will be released (hope so)
    As for the characters i'd would give 7.5 (of course mostly for Kirito and Asuna),personally i don't find Laefa annoying... her appearance makes SAO more dramatic and gives more ways to develop the story.I agree about villains here` second season "boss" just pisses me off :/
    Graphics: 10/10 Imo... even without more epic battles anime deserves exactly this rate as i wrote
    Music/Voice acting: i can say nothing about voice acting (honnestly dunno what and how to rate it) but soundtracks just fine for me i'll give 8/10

Overall: 8.5/10

Senior Member Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2013 06:15 PM
    Threads

Everyone is going to have different opinions on shows. On reddit I was criticised for not being harsh enough, would you believe. At the end of the day, my reviews are based off my subjective opinion. I do not pretend and will never pretend what I say is fact.

As long as you enjoyed the show, Kaito, that's what matters. You enjoyed it and you didn't feel like it wasted your time which is good.

Member TheDeathGod is on a distinguished road TheDeathGod's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts One Piece Mugiwara
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2014 05:42 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

SAO was a great show and Im sad that it stopped.

Member Sting is on a distinguished road Sting's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Naruto Sharingan Yellow Guitar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-19-2013 09:52 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Desney93

I liked it very much specially the fiht scenes and that he sacrificed himself with asuna to free everyone of the game

Junior Member fnaticnoob is on a distinguished road fnaticnoob's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2013 02:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i think this is one of the better anime releases of last year.
    i would give it at least a 8.5

Senior Member TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED has a reputation beyond repute TadashiED's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts K-on Pick Bleach Zangetsu Nachos
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2014 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ProdigySniperXx Steam ID: TadashiED

IMO, first arc was good, then the second arc grozit the bed. I honestly believe it gets more praise than it deserves. There are even people dubbing this as "best anime in recent years" and such lol.

louder now. KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki has a reputation beyond repute KazuYuki's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Red Dango 311 - Plusle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2013 11:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: no way suckers:D

lol loved the video review and you are absoutely right the second season killed it for me :/ wasn't epic like the first season. the part about it having a romance just as bad as twilight made me laugh xD i was never one of those Kirito x asuna fans at all i somehow didn't like her all that much.. :x

Senior Member zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2014 06:24 AM
    Threads

lemme try and watch this...

Junior Member duckz is on a distinguished road duckz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2013 12:02 PM
    Threads

Sword art online is good until halfway of the series, its cool to imagine a mmorpg that can actually kill you in real life when you died, afterwards, plot weaken and imo just become another save the princess plot anime.

11. Likes Mystelinth liked this post
    Junior Member Aoi Ragnarok is on a distinguished road Aoi Ragnarok's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2013 08:03 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: AoiRagnarok

I'm in a weird phase where anime doesn't do much for me but I loved this show and watched it as it came out on Crunchyroll religiously. And I disagree about Kirito and Asuna's love. To me, it was the most pure and beautiful thing I've ever had the experience of watching. As for Yui, she's adorable and don't anyone say otherwise.

On another note, I didn't care all that much for the second arc. I only liked that we got to see Kirito and Asuna together finally in the real world.
    Last edited by Aoi Ragnarok; 06-07-2013 at 06:48 AM.

13. Likes Lonely Fujoshin-chan liked this post
    Junior Member Stockgenius is on a distinguished road Stockgenius's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2013 12:29 PM
    Threads

This show is pure awesomeness! Maybe you might not like it as much, but I give this 9/10 rating!

Member iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2013 11:57 AM
    Threads

lol ya I agree that the first part was good. I like the idea behind this anime because people who play mmo's like myself can relate ( ´∀`)!

16. Likes Lonely Fujoshin-chan liked this post
    Junior Member _Ai_ is on a distinguished road _Ai_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 11:47 AM
    Threads

I liked this anime quite a bit. After it stopped at episode 14 (for awhile), I started reading the novels. Deary me I fall in love with this. Cant wait until the 3rd season to get out, so that I can see Sinon.

Member Kisarose has a reputation beyond repute Kisarose has a reputation beyond repute Kisarose has a reputation beyond repute Kisarose has a reputation beyond repute Kisarose has a reputation beyond repute Kisarose has a reputation beyond repute Kisarose has a reputation beyond repute Kisarose has a reputation beyond repute Kisarose has a reputation beyond repute Kisarose has a reputation beyond repute Kisarose has a reputation beyond repute Kisarose's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2013 06:00 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by iAnime View Post
    lol ya I agree that the first part was good. I like the idea behind this anime because people who play mmo's like myself can relate ( ´∀`)!
    Haha same here! I loved how they intertwined just about every concept of a basic traditional mmo with beautiful animation. ^^

Junior Member TRACEUR237 is on a distinguished road TRACEUR237's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2013 12:59 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: traceur237

agreed that the second boss pissed the hell outta me. but it was a good show. i would give it a 8/10 because kirito was having a little too much fun than saving asuna later on.

Senior Member Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2014 09:18 PM
    Threads

Tons of plot-holes and constantly contradicting itself, throws away lots of potential game/plot mechanics, and terrible abhorrent pacing that forces lots of off-screen happenings that make the entire series superficial. It's horrendously written.

Your overview of the characters belies your score, sounds like 5 is too high for it and I think it is as well. Kirito is a generic Gary Stu solely for the sake of self-insertion as you said, him and all of the other characters lack development and they even bring in characters just to make Kirito look awesome and then throw them away (basically just harem members as you said). Kayaba's motivation was completely ignored and him and Sugou weren't fleshed out at all. The characters can hardly even be called characters.

Character designs were cool in the first part but terrible in the second. Trying to make a butterfly man intimidating, seriously?

Music was decent but lackluster for Yuki Kajiura, it all sounds like lower quality re-hashes of her old work. This is by far her worst score for an anime.

2/10 at the most for the me and it would be 1/10 if it weren't for the music and animation. This is one of the most terribly written stories and some of the worst characters i've seen, it does very very little right.
    Last edited by Inactive_Account; 06-12-2013 at 06:24 AM.

Junior Member Stockgenius is on a distinguished road Stockgenius's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2013 12:29 PM
    Threads

It wasn't as bad as what people thought it would be.

I give this anime a 7/10.

The main character is badass in terms of fighting skills but have 0 IQ in romance though. I mean come one, he got to choose women to his like of various breast sizes and still cannot romance them if his life depended on it.

I just wished the girls in the show had more skills. Unfortunately, they are just there for fan service.

Anyways, I would recommend Btooom! and Accel World if you like Sword Art Online.

Anime Like Sword Art Online

Junior Member Sgt.Korye is on a distinguished road Sgt.Korye's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2013 10:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: hdk708

I believe the reason the writers made Kirito join a guild was to show his feelings towards reaching the end of the SAO MMORPG. It was meant to be shown as realistic in the video game world. Although he is a "beater" and is far superior to the rest of the players but Kirito knows the truth behind succeeding in the VRMMORPG and that is to use the teamwork aspect of combat to defeat the level 75(if i remember correctly) boss. He could have never done that solo nor just in a party. He also would have never battled Kayaba Akihiko and made the plot advance.

I would have given the series a 8/10 due to the fact that the Fairy world seemed a little too lame. Sure Fairies might be quite alright but it doesn't compare to the depth of the SAO swordplay. I am sad that the show did stop.
    Last edited by Sgt.Korye; 06-20-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Junior Member qjackson is on a distinguished road qjackson's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2013 09:51 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: bigthanurs

I liked the show, there are problems with the show especially that second arc. The only cool thing about that second arc was the flying fight scenes. I can see the Gary Stu in Kirito's character but I he does grow a bit. He mostly just a loner nerd/geek type IMO.

Junior Member luffy_natsu97 is on a distinguished road luffy_natsu97's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2013 03:57 PM
    Threads

I enjoyed SOA, and I would definaltey recommened it to anybody ( don't be scaried by the fan boys )

Member Mesut is on a distinguished road Mesut's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Katana Mini Cooper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2013 05:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MartinF03

I have yet to see this show but I will tonight on Toonami. I could just watch it online but it's not the same you feel me? I hope it's a good anime like .Hack series!

Senior Member Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Cheese
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2014 08:33 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tragic Melody

Am I the only one who liked the second arc just as much as the first? I've read the light novels and really hope the third arc gets an anime adaption since it was my favorite.

Senior Member zxccxxc is on a distinguished road zxccxxc's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Beer Kill Bill Katana Matrix Tracker
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2014 12:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matas View Post
    Tons of plot-holes and constantly contradicting itself, throws away lots of potential game/plot mechanics, and terrible abhorrent pacing that forces lots of off-screen happenings that make the entire series superficial. It's horrendously written.

Your overview of the characters belies your score, sounds like 5 is too high for it and I think it is as well. Kirito is a generic Gary Stu solely for the sake of self-insertion as you said, him and all of the other characters lack development and they even bring in characters just to make Kirito look awesome and then throw them away (basically just harem members as you said). Kayaba's motivation was completely ignored and him and Sugou weren't fleshed out at all. The characters can hardly even be called characters.

Character designs were cool in the first part but terrible in the second. Trying to make a butterfly man intimidating, seriously?

Music was decent but lackluster for Yuki Kajiura, it all sounds like lower quality re-hashes of her old work. This is by far her worst score for an anime.

2/10 at the most for the me and it would be 1/10 if it weren't for the music and animation. This is one of the most terribly written stories and some of the worst characters i've seen, it does very very little right.
    just get lost already.

Senior Member Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2014 09:18 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by zxccxxc View Post
    just get lost already.
    Well excuse me for expressing an opposing opinion and actually explaining myself. >___>

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information