AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why Dragonball is the best shonen Series out there

Member Reviewer03 is on a distinguished road Reviewer03's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2013 06:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Why Dragonball is the best shonen Series out there

Dragonball has an incredible open tone and is not limited like

One Piece - Pirates
    Naruto- Ninjas
    Bleach-Soul Reapers
    Hitman Reborn - Mafia
    Fairy Tail - Wizards
    ect

therefore it is accesable to a larger audience.

Dragonball was a cornerstone in manga history - since it established all the now typical things like the naive food addicted main character ect

Also many current series like one piece, naruto ect would have probably never existed without dragonball since their creators were inspired by it

So regardless of if you think that Dragonball is good or bad, overrated or not - fact is that no other series could have played the role it did - becoming a milestone on witch other manga artists could draw on for inspiration and guidence

Junior Member deansfurnis is on a distinguished road deansfurnis's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2013 01:46 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Why Dragonball is the best shonen Series out there

I honestly think people confuse being the "Best" anime with being a legend.

Dragonball was a legend and a trend setter for later shonens to come, but I dont quite think it was the "best."
    Just because it was one of the first anime introduced in the states and has a pretty large nostalgia factor doesnt make the writing any better than some of the popular series that exist right now.
    "When a man faces fear, his soul is tested. What he was born to seek; what he was born to achieve…his true nature will become clear."

New anime/manga reviewer on youtube, check me out
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Xaladin...r?feature=mhee

3. Likes purplewings liked this post
    WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

You can't deny that DB is a great influence to shounen, but to say it's good because of that seems a little far fetched. It's like saying NGE is the best mecha. Or that AstroBoy is the best manga.

Junior Member deansfurnis is on a distinguished road deansfurnis's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2013 01:46 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
    You can't deny that DB is a great influence to shounen, but to say it's good because of that seems a little far fetched. It's like saying NGE is the best mecha. Or that AstroBoy is the best manga.
    Precisely. Not to say I dont like DB but its definately not the best.
    "When a man faces fear, his soul is tested. What he was born to seek; what he was born to achieve…his true nature will become clear."

New anime/manga reviewer on youtube, check me out
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Xaladin...r?feature=mhee

Member Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy has a reputation beyond repute Appy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2013 10:40 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Reviewer03 View Post
    Dragonball has an incredible open tone and is not limited like

One Piece - Pirates
    Naruto- Ninjas
    Bleach-Soul Reapers
    Hitman Reborn - Mafia
    Fairy Tail - Wizards
    ect

therefore it is accesable to a larger audience.

Dragonball was a cornerstone in manga history - since it established all the now typical things like the naive food addicted main character ect

Also many current series like one piece, naruto ect would have probably never existed without dragonball since their creators were inspired by it

So regardless of if you think that Dragonball is good or bad, overrated or not - fact is that no other series could have played the role it did - becoming a milestone on witch other manga artists could draw on for inspiration and guidence
    Dragonball had the following things what appealed to me:

- Good balance between humor and fighting (it's nice to have those silly moments every once in a while)
    - The artwork (i always liked hairstyles and general looks of the characters)
    - The plotholes (this might seem strange, but the plotholes always left room for your own interpretation, which then got you more interested in the series)
    - The feel (as an example, when i saw the trunks special i almost cried like a little lady because of Gohan's death)
    - The show that got me to watch things like Bleach, OP etc.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information