AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Special needs youth given chance to play in high school basketball game

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Special needs youth given chance to play in high school basketball game

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdate...-franklin-game

Please read the article, especially if you have any family members or know of anyone who has developmental disabilities. Just two generations ago, kids like Marcus after diagnosis would be immediately institutionalized by the state. And only 30 years ago, they were integrated in public schools. And today, one makes the winning shot. I know a few years ago, an autistic individual was given his shot and played a big part in that respective game.

But what really touched me the most was the player from the opposing team gave Marcus the ball for him to give him his shot. It is nice to see that what is supposed to be an intense rivalry was put aside for this kid's shot and to have a passion for the game. It was great what those the coach, kids and the audience did for him. Whoever that kid's parents is, they sure did a hell of a job. I hope we can all learn something from this....most especially Kobe.....
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Senior Member KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Trollface Mario Fire Flower
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2013 04:01 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Special needs youth given chance to play in high school basketball game

Heres the video with the game winning shot and interview with the opposing player.
    http://ktar.com/59/1613471/Turnover-...l-needs-player
    Part where the mother talks about the incident is heart warming.

☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Special needs youth given chance to play in high school basketball game

Omg, autistic kid was spoonfed a shot. So touching! Makes my heart go doki doki!

Closed Thread

Thread Information