AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to switch from watching anime to reading manga in Shounen Jump?

Junior Member littleslayer15 is on a distinguished road littleslayer15's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2013 09:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default How to switch from watching anime to reading manga in Shounen Jump?

I want to start reading Naruto Shippuden in Shounen Jump, but I am only up to date with the anime so I don't really know how to read it in Shounen Jump since I am so far behind.

Senior Member Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How to switch from watching anime to reading manga in Shounen Jump?

Are you just wanting to pick up the manga at the point where the anime has caught up to? If so, I believe the last non-filler episodes of Shippuden were around the point where Naruto and B have their confrontation with Tsunade and A, so you'll want to start reading around chapter 541 or so. If you don't see anything familiar just go back a few chapters. I know that episode was actually from October, but everything since has been mostly filler and side stories.

To be honest, if you're serious about getting into the manga I'd just reread from the beginning of the entire Great Ninja War arc.
    Last edited by Souhi; 01-22-2013 at 05:54 PM.

--------------------------------------------

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    --------------------------------------------
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"“All he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.” - John Milton

Mayushii The Gullible IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2013 06:01 AM
    Threads

Either buy the volumes you've missed all the way up until the present chapter in Shounen Jump or read them online up until Shounen Jump chapters lol. It doesnt get more simple than that.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Either buy the volumes you've missed all the way up until the present chapter in Shounen Jump or read them online up until Shounen Jump chapters lol. It doesnt get more simple than that.
    thanks, I want to get a subscription to Shounen Jump, but that is a online only subscription now so I am not sure if you can get older issues on their website or not. I don't really want to read the illegally either.

To be honest, if you're serious about getting into the manga I'd just reread from the beginning of the entire Great Ninja War arc.
    Do you know how many chapters I would have to reread?

--Edit--

Also what do you guys think is better just watching the anime for shippuden or reading it?
    Last edited by littleslayer15; 01-22-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

Quote Originally Posted by littleslayer15 View Post
    Do you know how many chapters I would have to reread?
    If you remember the actual story clearly you don't have to reread any of them. If you want you can start all over though.

Quote Originally Posted by littleslayer15 View Post
    Also what do you guys think is better just watching the anime for shippuden or reading it?

If you're just TO curious about how its gonna end... you can start reading the manga. But in the end it'll have the same feeling as anime because you'll wait every week for a new chapter.

Also, overall i prefer watching anime more than reading manga. But animes like Naruto put fillers in them... they're often not nearly as fun as the original storyline.
    So for naruto i prefer reading the manga a bit more. =/

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks, I generally prefer the anime to, but I hate the constant filler and I also don't want to risk getting spoilers. I emailed Shonen Jump and they said there is no way to buy older issues of the magazine so I think I am stuck.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information