AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anime That Helped You Ace School

Senior Member Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania's Avatar
    Gil
    Innocent
    Gifts Clannad Botan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2014 03:32 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Anime That Helped You Ace School

Does anyone watch an anime that not only catches their interest, but also help you pass school? Hetalia has helped me get through world history (Of course) and La Corda D'oro has helped me ace music theory.
    What about you guys?

2. Likes Famahama liked this post
    Senior Member nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2017 11:20 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Anime That Helped You Ace School

I'm curious. Can you elaborate? How exactly did they help you?

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Anime did not help me too much.. But some anime like ghost in the shell inspired me to think critically.

Senior Member AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Drill Gurren Dai Gurren Dan K-on Pick
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2017 08:46 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Can't say anime helped pass a particular subject. Though characters like Kamina and Goku gave me the idea to never quit and keep trying when things get hard in classes.

☢ CAUTION!! ☢ CAUTION!! ☢ DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Ice Cream Scorpio Jack O Lantern
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2016 06:02 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: sugarcoatedshit

Baka to test helps me how to be intelligent yet stupid.

7. Likes Albear liked this post
    Senior Member Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania's Avatar
    Gil
    Innocent
    Gifts Clannad Botan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by nslay View Post
    I'm curious. Can you elaborate? How exactly did they help you?
    Well, y'know how in Hetalia, the people are personified countries? Well, I guess it's just me, but it helps me understand world history a little bit better. I understand it when they say things like how one country attacked another, because they elaborate this by showing how one of the guys sneak up and attack the other. Or like when France assisted England that one time. I the anime, England was sick and France helped him out, but was constantly making fun of how sick he was. Not sure if that elaborates very good, sorry if it doesn't. In LCD, they refer to a lot of things like composers and origins of certain instruments and they talk about music history.

Senior Member nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2017 11:20 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Nunnally Vi Brittania View Post
    Well, y'know how in Hetalia, the people are personified countries? Well, I guess it's just me, but it helps me understand world history a little bit better. I understand it when they say things like how one country attacked another, because they elaborate this by showing how one of the guys sneak up and attack the other. Or like when France assisted England that one time. I the anime, England was sick and France helped him out, but was constantly making fun of how sick he was. Not sure if that elaborates very good, sorry if it doesn't. In LCD, they refer to a lot of things like composers and origins of certain instruments and they talk about music history.
    Ah, I see. These animes are probably lacking some detail, but it at least exposes you. If you like this sort of anime, I recommend: Night Raid 1931. This one takes places just before/during the Sino-Japanese war and discusses aspects of it. Although, it's probably missing a lot of detail.

Mayushii The Gullible IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2013 06:01 AM
    Threads

I dont know if it helped me, but I tried to be inspired by extreme hard working people like Luffy, Zoro, Rock Lee, Naruto. They have all went through extreme hardships and training. The first thing that comes to mind is Luffy climbing up the upward mountain in the snowy country with no gloves and with Nami on her back. My god how resilient Luffy is, he didnt give up!

11. Likes Jozette, Watayo_Hirashi liked this post
    Senior Member Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Tiger Basketball Black Beauty LesPauls
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2014 08:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mayushii View Post
    I dont know if it helped me, but I tried to be inspired by extreme hard working people like Luffy, Zoro, Rock Lee, Naruto. They have all went through extreme hardships and training. The first thing that comes to mind is Luffy climbing up the upward mountain in the snowy country with no gloves and with Nami on her back. My god how resilient Luffy is, he didnt give up!
    Yes, Rock Lee helped me a lot. Now he's a big idol of mine. I'm using him and Might Guy as a motivation to work extra, extra hard in my basketball practices. Many anime like Fullmetal Alchemist and Blood+ don't help me ace school, but they help me realize how precious life is.
    May peace bestow this world,
    May our hearts unite.
    Life may not be smooth as pearl,
    But pray for our decisions to be always right.

Life may be hard, it's a big pain in the butt. But hey, who says behind all those pain, can't hide some happiness ?

13. Likes Jozette liked this post
    Senior Member dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan has a reputation beyond repute dinochan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2013 08:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nunnally Vi Brittania View Post
    Hetalia helped me understand the 7 weeks war. I started researching it because there was a vauge reference to it in Hetalia. While I was researching it I wasn't understanding any of it, I finaly started to think of it as represented by the charecters and then I finally understood what was going on.

It also helps get me through the more boring bits of history class. While we were learning about WW2 there was a question about when Germany invaded Poland, it was all I could do to keep from laughing because all I could think about was that pony he had...

Gil
    Innocent
    Gifts Clannad Botan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by dinochan View Post
    Hetalia helped me understand the 7 weeks war. I started researching it because there was a vauge reference to it in Hetalia. While I was researching it I wasn't understanding any of it, I finaly started to think of it as represented by the charecters and then I finally understood what was going on.

It also helps get me through the more boring bits of history class. While we were learning about WW2 there was a question about when Germany invaded Poland, it was all I could do to keep from laughing because all I could think about was that pony he had...
    "Pony! I look like everywhere for you! Why you look at me like that?"
    Gold.

16. Likes dinochan liked this post
    Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

All anime did was help me fail a subject.

18. Likes Watayo_Hirashi, Jozette, IluvAllison liked this post
    Senior Member AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Systems N64 Hello Kitty Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2017 03:25 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Forbici View Post
    All anime did was help me fail a subject.
    Ahahahaha that was great! Not great for you but the statement was gold.

---------------------------

But on the other hand, I was home schooled so it didn't help me at all except to distract me.

| Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube | MyAnimeList |

"Frustrations will not last forever. Nobody can keep on going without some measure of reward."

20. Likes Watayo_Hirashi, Jozette liked this post
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Spice and Wolf. My History teacher looked just like Holo. except for the tail...and ears... and eyes... and hair color... and everything else about her, but other than that, she looked just like Holo. Totally helped me out.

The other thing that helped me is that i'm just a friggin' genius.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Junior Member xzotic is a name known to all xzotic is a name known to all xzotic is a name known to all xzotic is a name known to all xzotic is a name known to all xzotic is a name known to all xzotic's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Flowers Fan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2013 07:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xzot1c

Seems like some animes don't really help you get by in school, but rather give off inspirational themes.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 03:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I guess Ergo Proxy might have helped bolster my superficial memory of philosopher's names: Husserl, Lacan, Derrida, Berkley, Deleuze/Guattari, etc. ...
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

-Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

Member LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2015 07:27 AM
    Threads

Love Hina, but less about what it taught me... and how it inspired me to actually want to study ^^;

Member Mirrai will become famous soon enough Mirrai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2014 01:14 PM
    Threads

Nodame Cantabile ~ however, it was not in school but in my violin school.
    Hetalia for History ~
    and then Detective School Q for solving stuff in reading the book Sherlock Holmes.

Lucky Star ... to cope up with stress 8D

Member abyisidro is on a distinguished road abyisidro's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Baby Penguin
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2015 06:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

well, maybe not helped but inspired me to study and do well in school is bakuman. i dont know, i just want to be a real life akito takagi so badly that i became a nerd. well, i guess it helped.

.:: しーん ::.

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

Well, anime was a great motivator for me when I started taking Japanese in high school.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

Cromartie high school. It's like a manual for me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information