AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Naruto has become more of a superhero manga than ninja themed show.. thoughts?

Junior Member FMBEQ is on a distinguished road FMBEQ's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2013 08:25 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Naruto has become more of a superhero manga than ninja themed show.. thoughts?

Well i remember when the first time i watched Naruto, what i loved about it was the fights and anticipated battles, u never knew what ninja technique the ninja will use to fight and how the ninjas anticipate the next move of their opponents....
    But now, its hardly the "naruto" we know. Sharingan is hardly ever get used to anticipate moves or to copy the opponents move, instead it has become more of a laser beam shooting mangekyou. kunais and shurikens (ninja's basic tools) are hardly used anymore, everyone just uses thier one special power repeatedly. Kakashi was once called the copy ninja, with 1000+ jutsus copied, i thought we would get to see more of that but after the battle against zabuza he hardly showed any other jutsu other than Raikiri and Kamui...
    I have kinda lost interest Naruto, but still watch it for the plot... What are your thoughts ppl?

Beefchasing Santarail! Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Ice Cream Teapot One Piece Flag
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2014 01:43 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kakashhii

Default Re: Naruto has become more of a superhero manga than ninja themed show.. thoughts?

My thoughts are about the same. But you still see kunais flying around especially in the fillers episodes.

Also Kabuto uses Kunai to control the reanimated bodies.... Aside from that... Since the war is going on basically nearly every ninja you've seen up till now will be thrown in. Its not that weird they want to show the characters with their distinctive ninjutsu's or else you might not recognize them.

I also lost 70% of my interest. But the urge to know the plot keeps me going.

Delirious K-pop Fanboy Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Naruto has become more of a superhero manga than ninja themed show.. thoughts?

*Minor spoilers

It is and always has been a battle manga/shonen. In the case of most long running battle manga in Jump, the power levels of the characters at some point will reach the point of absurdity. They start to become victims of their own success in the sense that, "Where the heck can we go from here?" sets in. After enough arcs, trump cards and power ups, the protagonist has to reach some near god-like ability (to point now where even the previously unthinkable power of the Kyuubi seems insufficient) level that can only be put up against an equally, stupid powerful enemy (I'm lookin' at you Hashirama) where they're pretty much just throwing planets at each other.

I'd just try to accept the series for what it is now or else try to find a more grounded and historical type series if you crave the less superpower feel. Peacemaker Kurogane, Ninja Scroll, Basilisk, Nabari no Ou all come to mind. They're shorter but satisfying.

--------------------------------------------

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    --------------------------------------------
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"“All he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.” - John Milton

Junior Member FMBEQ is on a distinguished road FMBEQ's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2013 08:25 AM
    Threads

Yeah exactly. These shows at least have the feels of basic ninjas still lurking till the end. In the matters of Naruto, the only ninja like thing are the head bands and the way the run. -_-

Senior Member Hood Rat Music has a reputation beyond repute Hood Rat Music has a reputation beyond repute Hood Rat Music has a reputation beyond repute Hood Rat Music has a reputation beyond repute Hood Rat Music has a reputation beyond repute Hood Rat Music has a reputation beyond repute Hood Rat Music has a reputation beyond repute Hood Rat Music has a reputation beyond repute Hood Rat Music has a reputation beyond repute Hood Rat Music has a reputation beyond repute Hood Rat Music has a reputation beyond repute Hood Rat Music's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts One Piece Mugiwara 143 - Snorlax 001 - Bulbasaur
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-25-2013 07:23 PM
    Threads

I quit caring about Naruto some point after the chunnin exams.

But didn't the whole ninja theme go out the window when they gave naruto an orange jumpsuit? I'm not trying to troll but Naruto never really took me in because of the whole ninja thing. It was more about watching an underdog become badass that took me in.

Member deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan has a brilliant future deryogan's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2014 12:58 AM
    Threads

Whether it's ninja themed or not I still like the plot. It's getting more interesting because it's gonna end soon I think.

Junior Member Wendy Marvel is on a distinguished road Wendy Marvel's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts IPhone Eva Angel Mask Cookie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2013 07:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah. It's always the same jutsu they use and sometimes it's gets long.
    Yet I still like the plot and ending the show half way won't be better then finishing all of it.
    Yuzuki , the gentle moon i am. But it is only my name. It does not mean i'm gentle

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2014 03:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Sorry, but I don't think it ever was "ninja" themed. They called themselves Ninja, but really the Naruto "Ninja" are a disgrace to any and all ninja...

。They wear BRIGHT crack as* colors
    。They're loud
    。They announce who and what they are
    。They have Large, obnoxious "justu"

No Ninja in their right mind would do/be any of this. Tbh, I think Naruto would have been better off being Battling Magicians all round then "Ninja."
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information