AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beastie Boys (RIP)

SOS Brigade Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8 has a reputation beyond repute Broly3k8's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 039 - Jigglypuff 007 - Squirtle Maserati
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2014 12:01 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Broly3k8

Default Beastie Boys (RIP)

Beastie Boys are an American hip hop band from New York City, formed in 1981. For the majority of its career, the group has consisted of three MCs and musicians Michael "Mike D" Diamond (vocals, drums), Adam "MCA" Yauch (vocals, bass) and Adam "Ad-Rock" Horovitz (vocals, guitar).
    Originally formed as a four-piece hardcore punk band in 1981 by Michael Diamond (vocals), John Berry (guitar), Adam Yauch (bass) and Kate Schellenbach (drums), the band appeared on the compilation cassette New York Thrash, before recording their first EPPolly Wog Stew, in 1982. After achieving moderate local success with the 1983 experimental hip hop 12-inch "Cooky Puss", the group transitioned to hip hop in 1984 and released a string of successful 12-inch singles. The Beastie Boys toured with Madonna in 1985 and a year later released their debut album Licensed to Ill. The group sold 22 million albums in the United States and 40 million albums worldwide, making them, according to Billboard, "the biggest-selling rap group" since 1991.[1]
    With seven platinum or better albums from 19862004,[2] the Beastie Boys were one of the longest-lived hip hop acts worldwide, and they continued to enjoy commercial and critical success more than 25 years after Licensed to Ill. In 2009, the group released digitally remastered deluxe editions of their albums Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head, Ill Communication and Hello Nasty. Their eighth studio album, Hot Sauce Committee Part Two, was released in 2011,[3] and received positive reviews.[4] They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April 2012, "just the third rap group to enter the Hall, after Run-D.M.C. (2009) and Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five (2007)." [5] The following month, MCA died of cancer of the parotid salivary gland,[6] which led to the speculation that the other members may decide to disband the group.[7]
    hip hop band from New York City, formed in 1981. For the majority of its career, the group has consisted of three MCs and musicians Michael "Mike D" Diamond (vocals, drums), Adam "MCA" Yauch (vocals, bass) and Adam "Ad-Rock" Horovitz (vocals, guitar).
    Originally formed as a four-piece hardcore punk band in 1981 by Michael Diamond (vocals), John Berry (guitar), Adam Yauch (bass) and Kate Schellenbach (drums), the band appeared on the compilation cassette New York Thrash, before recording their first EPPolly Wog Stew, in 1982. After achieving moderate local success with the 1983 experimental hip hop 12-inch "Cooky Puss", the group transitioned to hip hop in 1984 and released a string of successful 12-inch singles. The Beastie Boys toured with Madonna in 1985 and a year later released their debut album Licensed to Ill. The group sold 22 million albums in the United States and 40 million albums worldwide, making them, according to Billboard, "the biggest-selling rap group" since 1991.[1]
    With seven platinum or better albums from 19862004,[2] the Beastie Boys were one of the longest-lived hip hop acts worldwide, and they continued to enjoy commercial and critical success more than 25 years after Licensed to Ill. In 2009, the group released digitally remastered deluxe editions of their albums Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head, Ill Communication and Hello Nasty. Their eighth studio album, Hot Sauce Committee Part Two, was released in 2011,[3] and received positive reviews.[4] They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April 2012, "just the third rap group to enter the Hall, after Run-D.M.C. (2009) and Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five (2007)." [5] The following month, MCA died of cancer of the parotid salivary gland,[6] which led to the speculation that the other members may decide to disband the group.[7]
    " target="_blank">wiki

I do not know why these guys are not in the first 2 pages of this Forum ( I can't go farther back without my computer saying 'NO!') as they were HUGE in my childhood and a little before. Also Adam Yauch died not too long ago and as Legendary as this band was, his death didn't recieve nearly the attention it should have.

Beastie Boys is one of the only Hip Hop/Rap bands I like. Favorite songs of theirs are hands down Intergalactic, and Brass Monkey. Sorry for posting soooo much Wiki but I thought you all should have some knowledge of them if you didn't already.

Back from Afghanistan (for a good 8-9 months now), and my first child is due in a few weeks, yet my heart is still beating at 120bpm plus. I love house, Hardstyle, Trance, and a few other sub genres. EDM for life.

Senior Member GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2014 08:55 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tOSUguy2002

Default Re: Beastie Boys (RIP)

Im tellin all a y'all it's a SABOTAGE!

I like the beastie boys. they are hilarious and witty.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information