AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: [NEWS] 6th Grader Threatens Classmate with .22 Gun...

&#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

Default [NEWS] 6th Grader Threatens Classmate with .22 Gun...

...that his PARENTS gave him, reportedly to protect himself after the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module

A friend of mine says that the kid deserves the criminal charges he's facing, and that it was his own fault that he used the gun like that, not the parents, who were just scared and had every right to go to extreme measures to protect their son.

areyouf'ingkiddingme.jpeg

Who do you guys think was the guilty party here? The kid for being irresponsible, the parents for being too rash, or the school for not being vigilant enough?

AFs Cutest Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2019 09:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [NEWS] 6th Grader Threatens Classmate with .22 Gun...

FAIL!! OMG I AM SO SICK OF THIS! No guns okay? kthxbye.
    hella

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

If I acted on every-time I said "I'll kill you" I wouldn't be here today, not that I would even say that. Personally, I think children shouldn't be allowed to own guns until they're 18. I think it's the parent's fault to be honest, the school probably didn't think a 6th grader would bring a gun, and to be honest, who does? The kid is also just a kid, you can't really expect her to know any better.
    Last edited by Xeyuzio; 12-19-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

&#32
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Arb Kyc View Post
    Personally, I think children shouldn't be allowed to own guns until they're 18. I think it's the parent's fault to be honest, the school probably didn't think a 6th grader would bring a gun, and to be honest, who does? The kid is also just a kid, you can't really expect her to know any better.
    Kids AREN'T allowed to own guns in the US, at least legally. I say that if the parents wanted to protect their son, then by all means give him proper training with guns so that he can defend himself if need be AT HOME. Too much can go wrong if a gun is brought to school, whether or not the person is a responsible individual (and in this case, no one involved was responsible about it except the teacher who apprehended him, imo).

And I agree, the kid just doesn't have the same sense of judgement and self-control that his parents (should) have. So why the hell would they let him have it while unsupervised? The boy sounded like a prickish bully in the first place, if he wanted to just scare a few girls with an unloaded gun. But that's besides the point. I'm pretty disgusted to not hear anything about charges being held against the parents.

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 04:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

what kinde of parents in there right freaking minde gives there kids a gun. ok jr here is a glock 17 use it for your saftey and do go around threating people.i would say that the parents sould be punished as well. after all they were the ones who gave him the gun in the first place
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

Senior Member moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2013 08:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think it was the parent's and the child's fault. you shouldn't give your child a gun, no matter what. The child pulled the gun out during recess? I know people are saying that the child didn't know better, but honestly 6th graders aren't that stupid. YOU DON'T RANDOMLY PULL OUT A GUN! -.- My school doesn't even let us bring metal forks, we have to use the plastic ones in the cafeteria. lolz. Imagine if somone brought in a gun...

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    Threads

Stupid parents, but understandable. The schools are not protecting children and I can see where a parent might become desperate. In the micro this is a boneheaded decision by the kid's parents, but in the macro it's absolutely the school's fault for its inability to both protect its children and convey its ability to protect its children to parents. I don't blame the kid at all; 10-12 year olds aren't usually level-headed thinkers.

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 04:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

and lets be honest. what can a pee wee gun like a .22 stand up to something like an ak-47 or aney automatic/semiauto
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

AF's Messiah. The Second Coming. Jesu Christo. .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Heart Rainbow Ribbon Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2014 01:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sev121993 PSN ID: sev121993 Steam ID: sev121993

Oh america

You've done it again

The true fan demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2019 05:20 PM
    Threads

Posting daily fail links instantly damages you credibility.

Senior Member Chris is infamous around these parts Chris is infamous around these parts Chris is infamous around these parts Chris is infamous around these parts Chris is infamous around these parts Chris is infamous around these parts Chris is infamous around these parts Chris's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2015 07:51 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by RyuTama View Post
    ...Who do you guys think was the guilty party here? The kid for being irresponsible, the parents for being too rash, or the school for not being vigilant enough?
    Before asking the question, you should have defined the word “guilt”. Personally, I think that you are “the guilty party here”. Instead of being politically active, you were in SPACE. Because of this, crime rate is high and parents are scared.

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...e-brainwashing

Senior Member darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967's Avatar
    Gil
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2014 06:44 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: h3rra

must be the most retarded parents ever
    Strengthen & Keep Strengthening

&#32
    Gil
    Where
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Show View Post
    Stupid parents, but understandable. The schools are not protecting children and I can see where a parent might become desperate. In the micro this is a boneheaded decision by the kid's parents, but in the macro it's absolutely the school's fault for its inability to both protect its children and convey its ability to protect its children to parents. I don't blame the kid at all; 10-12 year olds aren't usually level-headed thinkers.
    "Schools aren't protecting their children"? Didn't you hear about the 6 six staff-members at Sandy Hook who were killed as well? Some or all of them died protecting their students. Setting up metal-detectors at an elementary school shouldn't be a necessity, so how else are they supposed to protect the kids? Incidents like this will happen at school, as much as murders will happen at banks, stores, and homes. I personally don't blame the school at all, they did what the right thing in apprehending the boy as soon as it came to their attention. Not much else could have been done. As for 10-12 year olds not being level-headed thinkers, I have two nephews at that age. I'm quite sure they know that brandishing a gun at school is a fat "no-no".

Quote Originally Posted by demonix View Post
    Posting daily fail links instantly damages you credibility.
    The story doesn't really change, but 'k.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nationa...ter-sandy-hook

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/nation...wn-type-attack

http://www.khq.com/story/20382766/6t...rotect-himself

I guess some of the updated articles are saying that the boys claim that his parents gave him the gun are inaccurate. Still, the fact that the gun was unsupervised with the kid around is still the parent's fault. That much doesn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Before asking the question, you should have defined the word “guilt”. Personally, I think that you are “the guilty party here”. Instead of being politically active, you were in SPACE. Because of this, crime rate is high and parents are scared.

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...e-brainwashing
    No shootings in space yo. And I'm on good terms with the UFP, the New Republic, and the Twelve Colonies, so no worries here.

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by RyuTama View Post
    "Schools aren't protecting their children"? Didn't you hear about the 6 six staff-members at Sandy Hook who were killed as well? Some or all of them died protecting their students. Setting up metal-detectors at an elementary school shouldn't be a necessity, so how else are they supposed to protect the kids?
    Strict control of entry/exits onto school. Guard them. Use metal detectors. Teach staff how to recognize threats, who to notify when they do, and then train the staff how to correctly respond to a threat. And yes, arming staff would help too. Maybe not everyone (although Israel's made a compelling argument for it, since it's worked for them), but certainly some armed presence on campus. Lobby your state/local reps to allow carrying on campus, then volunteer and carry (concealed or open, as law applies) while doing so.

Yes, bad things happen anywhere, including at schools. But harder targets are attacked less often, and when they are attacked the conflicts end much quicker. Bad guys respond very consistently when they go from attacking a defenseless target to being confronted by someone else with a gun.

I personally don't blame the school at all, they did what the right thing in apprehending the boy as soon as it came to their attention.
    You're misunderstanding what I'm blaming the school for. I agree that they handled the situation of that kid well enough. The failure, and this is true across the country, is that schools are not protecting children in general. In FL, for example, school violence in general is up and kids are being moved from one school to another, or pulled into home schooling, much more now than before. When parents have no confidence that their children are being protected... well, dumb parents will be dumb parents.

Fine the parents for stupidity. Then fix the school system's shortcomings and start doing things that will actually address threats to schools.

☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Instead of being politically active, you were in SPACE.
    Well, so am I
    what's wrong with that?

you're in space too btw

Closed Thread

Thread Information