AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: er.... help?

Junior Member mokona-modoki is on a distinguished road mokona-modoki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-08-2012 10:08 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    NARNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am friends with Aslan, yes, be jealous x3
    Threads

Default er.... help?

okay, i am seriously confused. so, i want, and plan to make A City With No People from Chobits(a picture book within the story, for those who aren't aware) into a full color picture book, mostly for my own enjoyment. while browsing the net, i find a lot of people want that book as a real picture book just like me. my question is, if i sold it as a fanbook, just to a few people on deviantart, would there be copyright concerns? the story and characters belong to clamp. all i want to do is recreate it in full color. would that make it illegal to sell? if that's the case, i'd keep it to myself and family. so, any idea what i should do? help.......
    *pleading eyes*

The Palmtop Tiger Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Alice Be Mine
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 02:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: er.... help?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../priceclash-20

The picture book exist and was released by Clamp shortly after the airing of Chobits. Because it's a legit thing. Copyright infringement does come in to play if you do try to sell it. Especially if you're taking the story and only coloring it. But feel free to hire a copyright lawyer and go over your options on what you can do. They know more about copyright than I. But more than likely the answer is, recreating the story in full color is probably illegal to sell.

[I'm Gloomy]

今日...明日...永遠に...

Personal Tumblr | Deviant Art | Artsy Tumblr | Buy Artisan Crafts (Paintings & Vectors on Etsy)
    >>>Enter the WOTM<<<
    Theme: Pokemon

Junior Member mokona-modoki is on a distinguished road mokona-modoki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-08-2012 10:08 AM
    NARNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am friends with Aslan, yes, be jealous x3
    Threads

Default Re: er.... help?

thank you so much. i wont sell it then. now it is just for my own enjoyment
    they made one? why coulldn't i find it???? *sulks*
    thanks for the link
    Last edited by mokona-modoki; 12-08-2012 at 10:09 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information