There was just one time in my life I really thought that I was going to be a goner...

It was when I was hospitalized for contracting a typhoid fever...

But it wasn't the fever that was about to kill meit was the medication. A doctor of questionable expertise intravenously introduced an antibacterial solution, which we later found out to be an infamous drug that causes insomnia as a side effect. I didn't have any sleep at all for 90+ hours after my fever was gone. It came to the point that I became bedridden at home and I could hardly move my body; I was even coming up with my last words...

But I was rushed to the hospital again, and the doctors just gave me some sleeping pills and sent back home; I don't think they took me seriously. And I really thought that it was already too late; I took the pill and slept, thinking I won't wake up again...

Damn I was alive the next morning! I'm not really a religious person but, it felt like it was a miracle of a lifetime. More than anything, I'm always thankful that I came out alive, although some bouts of depression hit me and made me think otherwise. "Life is beautiful, no matter how much it sucks!"—that's what I still believe.

- End of lame story -

Have you ever come close to death? Let's hear your story! (Also use spoiler tags to add thrill~ XD)