AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strange question: How many of you actually do not actively watch anime?

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Strange question: How many of you actually do not actively watch anime?

As a long time anime fan, it is strange for me to admit that I do not actively watch much anime anymore. I can say that at most, I have probably watched at least less than 4 hours of anime throughout this year. I have only watched the two Berserk movies and the new Code Geass movie all in theaters. It's ironic that anime makes up a significant fraction of the reason why I studied Japanese and moved to Japan, and ever since I moved here, I really don't watch it that much anymore. I just prefer to spend my time outside exploring my neighborhood or the closest biggest city. And when I try to watch something I ripped from my DVD collection, I just can't and I don't know why.

As for manga, I still actively read it. I live right next to a 7-11 so I can read the latest Shounen Jump, Shounen Magazine, etc. when they come out.

But anyway, I don't think I've outgrown watching anime. I still like it and share with my friends that I grew up watching it. Lots of my co-workers are surprised that I happen to like Sailor Moon and Ranma 1/2. Hell, I still use anime theme songs as my ring tones and just the other day, I freaked people out with my ring tone of Rashiku Ikimashou.

I know a lot of people would go to Japan for all the anime stuff, but this all happened right after I moved here. Has moving here completely destroyed my motivation to watch anime or what?
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Senior Member marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Witch Hat Gir Aries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2012 08:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Strange question: How many of you actually do not actively watch anime?

I go in spurts. I'll watch a lot for a couple of weeks, then barely any at all. The last anime I really watched was Sword of the Stranger about two -three weeks ago after a couple of discs of One Piece. I'm on a break at the moment. Just as well, because here in couple weeks I'm going to start on Sailor Moon, Ronin Warriors and such just for some sort of media to watch. :'(
    My Bubblegum Crisis fan-site --> The Bubblegum Crisis Sanctum (a work in progress)

and my humble blog --> The Writing Desk

--> My AF album

Pet Shop Story and Dragon Story ids: webowers, wbowers

AFs Cutest Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2019 09:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Strange question: How many of you actually do not actively watch anime?

Well I watch the new episodes on Saturday and Thursday but I may start 11/25 episode animes like once a month, compared to y old habits that is pretty good. As for naruto I am like 5 episodes and chapters behind. Oh and I still read manga every night.
    hella

Mayushii The Gullible IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2013 06:01 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ParaParaJMo View Post
    As a long time anime fan, it is strange for me to admit that I do not actively watch much anime anymore. I can say that at most, I have probably watched at least less than 4 hours of anime throughout this year. I have only watched the two Berserk movies and the new Code Geass movie all in theaters. It's ironic that anime makes up a significant fraction of the reason why I studied Japanese and moved to Japan, and ever since I moved here, I really don't watch it that much anymore. I just prefer to spend my time outside exploring my neighborhood or the closest biggest city. And when I try to watch something I ripped from my DVD collection, I just can't and I don't know why.

As for manga, I still actively read it. I live right next to a 7-11 so I can read the latest Shounen Jump, Shounen Magazine, etc. when they come out.

But anyway, I don't think I've outgrown watching anime. I still like it and share with my friends that I grew up watching it. Lots of my co-workers are surprised that I happen to like Sailor Moon and Ranma 1/2. Hell, I still use anime theme songs as my ring tones and just the other day, I freaked people out with my ring tone of Rashiku Ikimashou.

I know a lot of people would go to Japan for all the anime stuff, but this all happened right after I moved here. Has moving here completely destroyed my motivation to watch anime or what?
    I wonder, do you still enjoy being and living in Japan despite having lost your main reason for moving there? Alttho you do still read manga and I guess thats a big part too but you get my point?

As for me, I had a few years of anime and manga hiatus since high school with the exception of re-watching Naruto and One Piece during that period, cause they were and still are special to me. I think I grew out of it during that period. Now i've picked up anime again but I dont watch it nearly as much as I did when in high school. I guess i've grown back into it again ;D ... at least to some degree.
    Last edited by IluvAllison; 11-27-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Senior Member John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Mars Crystal Henshin Pen Rainbow Ribbon Sagittarius
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 12:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Right now there's nothing that really interests me.

I'm much more into reading Fanfiction and manga instead.

Watching the shows just takes up too much time now. I mean there are times where I'll re-watch a favorite series of mine, but only the episodes I like best. Never one after the other.

Senior Member AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Drill Gurren Dai Gurren Dan K-on Pick
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2017 08:46 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I still watch a good amount though with me being in school right now I have cut down the amount of anime I watch considerably.

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately, I don't watch much anime anymore since I am doing homework most of the time. And if I am not doing homework, I mostly read novels and watch some series that I have on DVD. I am a very avid manga reader though so that compensates for me not watching anime. :3

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I wonder, do you still enjoy being and living in Japan despite having lost your main reason for moving there? Alttho you do still read manga and I guess thats a big part too but you get my point?
    Well, I've come to appreciate Japan beyond anime so I enjoy it here very much. I spend 95% of my time outside my home. I also live less than half an hour away from Akihabara so I go there almost every weekend when possible though mostly for retro games and I do buy anime figures every now and then.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Member Syreni~Girl is on a distinguished road Syreni~Girl's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2012 12:09 PM
    Threads

I love watching anime, I'm watching the episode of Sunday of "hiiro no kakera season 2" that's all because I have school work the whole time...this is my final year at hight school so I must work harder you know when I finish I will surely return to the old me who watch anime everyday !!!!!

Senior Member Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I haven't watched an entire anime series longer than 13 episodes in 4-5 years. I think that was Gurren Lagann actually. I almost exclusively read manga now. It's so much easier to bookmark a page and pick it up for a few minutes a day than keeping track of a series lately. I also found it harder and harder to find anime (outside of some movies) that appeal to me anymore.

I find most of my friends (even the ones I met from AF when I was a teenager) all dropped off the anime fandom a bit as we got older. Free time becomes so precious with school, extra curriculars and full time jobs. When I do get free time I'd much rather play a game or sleep (GLOORIOUS NAPS, how I took you for granted), or if I am watching something, TV has just gotten so dang good in recent years to pass off anymore (GoT, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, The Walking Dead, Dexter, Criminal Minds, Modern Family...).

I used to enjoy anime as a niche little obsessive thing I could call my own when I was a teenager (kind of like a comfort when I was feeling reclusive or mopey) but I don't find myself needing it so much anymore. Anime hasn't so much changed as much as I and my priorities/interests have.

--------------------------------------------

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    --------------------------------------------
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"“All he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.” - John Milton

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Vixen Argentum is on a distinguished road Vixen Argentum's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Scorpio
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-01-2012 06:37 PM
    Threads

No, I know what you mean.

The more Japanese I learned, the less into anime I became. Like you, I still read manga, but even that is reduced for me...but I think that graduate school just made me just stop reading things in general, since once I had climbed out of my mountain of journal articles, I didn't feel like reading another word.

I spent a summer in Japan and I didn't really watch any when I was there, either. I was too engrossed in finding good restaurants, going to shrines (I'm kind of obsessed with Inari to be honest), and seeing other local attractions. The only thing really fannish that I did was pound the pavement for good used doujinshi, since I'm a collector...and I probably returned home with close to 50lbs of books (trips to Akiba, Otome Road, and Den Den town), since my luck was so good!

Instead, I've found more peace in using my translation skills for people, whether it's for lyrics here, or in my own scanlations. I remember what it was like to be the one scratching for scraps since I couldn't read Japanese...so it makes me feel good to give back to a community that made my life bearable in unbearable times.

☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    Threads

I'm a natural born gamer and I prefer interactive stories to books, and books to movies.
    So I don't watch much anime as a general rule.
    Right now, I'm only watching Shinsekai Yori.

Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Vixen Argentum View Post
    No, I know what you mean.

The more Japanese I learned, the less into anime I became. Like you, I still read manga, but even that is reduced for me...but I think that graduate school just made me just stop reading things in general, since once I had climbed out of my mountain of journal articles, I didn't feel like reading another word.

I spent a summer in Japan and I didn't really watch any when I was there, either. I was too engrossed in finding good restaurants, going to shrines (I'm kind of obsessed with Inari to be honest), and seeing other local attractions. The only thing really fannish that I did was pound the pavement for good used doujinshi, since I'm a collector...and I probably returned home with close to 50lbs of books (trips to Akiba, Otome Road, and Den Den town), since my luck was so good!

Instead, I've found more peace in using my translation skills for people, whether it's for lyrics here, or in my own scanlations. I remember what it was like to be the one scratching for scraps since I couldn't read Japanese...so it makes me feel good to give back to a community that made my life bearable in unbearable times.
    Well, for me, it as more about living in Japan and being here more. When I was studying Japanese in high school, I was actively watching anime more and more. Then I came here, saw that Japan was more than just anime, and i wanted to experience it for myself first hand as much as possible.

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

As im only watching anime for about 1.2 years now i don't think this will be a very usefull comment.

But i still watch atleast a hour/ 2 hours of anime a day.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information