AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confusion on Naruto That Won't Stop!

Member Diva. is on a distinguished road Diva.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Sick
    Gifts 151 - Mew
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2014 06:58 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Question Confusion on Naruto That Won't Stop!

So... I can't help but notice that Naruto was in the "feudal" section on this forum which I do agree that there seems to be feudal lords and villages but the technology in Naruto is too advanced. They have radios, t.vs, cameras, computers, and medical equipment! So what time period is Naruto really in? I don't believe it is really in any true "time period" but more like takes place in some form of alternate universe or on a different planet even? Any theories or thoughts on this from you guys?

Mayushii The Gullible IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2013 06:01 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Confusion on Naruto That Won't Stop!

Hmm now that you say it I would probably say its an alternate universe but I do think it draws much inspiration from certain time periods in Japan with a mishmash of technology from different eras ^^ Whether it is intentended to reflect the feudal era or not I dont know. Because I think the idea of ninjas doing jobs for feudal lords seems pretty unique, has that even happened in our history? Its a very interesting concept. I dont think my knowledge of feudal Japan is that good, its very limited ^^

Also, seeing how the world in Naruto (as we know it) is divided into Leaf country, Wind Country etc I would say its a different planet, world and universe. Other than pure convenience for Kishi and the Naruto universe I cant think of a reason why there would be such mordern technology in Naruto ;D But it doesnt bother me at all, suspension of disbelief takes care of that, its still awesome.

When comparing to One Piece I think its fair to say that One Piece inspired from somewhere around the 16th-18th centuries, give or take another century. Because of the ships being used, the swords and their gunpowder weaponry etc. All of the modern technology is interwoven in the One Piece universe by unique creative features like for example Den Den mushis which makes the world in One Piece unique while still having a certain time period it reflects.

Sorry I brought in One Piece I just had to cause it came to mind as a comparative ;D But yeah I think both of them are set in alternate universes with inspirations drawn from alot of different parts of our human history.
    Last edited by IluvAllison; 11-17-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Member Diva. is on a distinguished road Diva.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Sick
    Gifts 151 - Mew
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2014 06:58 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Confusion on Naruto That Won't Stop!

Quote Originally Posted by mayushii View Post
    Hmm now that you say it I would probably say its an alternate universe but I do think it draws much inspiration from certain time periods in Japan with a mishmash of technology from different eras ^^ Whether it is intentended to reflect the feudal era or not I dont know. Because I think the idea of ninjas doing jobs for feudal lords seems pretty unique, has that even happened in our history? Its a very interesting concept. I dont think my knowledge of feudal Japan is that good, its very limited ^^

Also, seeing how the world in Naruto (as we know it) is divided into Leaf country, Wind Country etc I would say its a different planet, world and universe. Other than pure convenience for Kishi and the Naruto universe I cant think of a reason why there would be such mordern technology in Naruto ;D But it doesnt bother me at all, suspension of disbelief takes care of that, its still awesome.

When comparing to One Piece I think its fair to say that One Piece inspired from somewhere around the 16th-18th centuries, give or take another century. Because of the ships being used, the swords and their gunpowder weaponry etc. All of the modern technology is interwoven in the One Piece universe by unique creative features like for example Den Den mushis which makes the world in One Piece unique while still having a certain time period it reflects.

Sorry I brought in One Piece I just had to cause it came to mind as a comparative ;D But yeah I think both of them are set in alternate universes with inspirations drawn from alot of different parts of our human history.
    No worries, bring up anything to help, compare, and understand. Though I can't say I understand One Piece. I heard good things about it from a few friends that like anime but I haven't gotten around to see or read it yet. :/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information