AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Apparently Africans should vote Republican.

Senior Member FatalEnd21 is on a distinguished road FatalEnd21's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2014 02:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FatalEnd21 PSN ID: FatalEnd21 Steam ID: FatalEnd21

Default Re: Apparently Africans should vote Republican.

Everyone should be free to vote for whom they want to. Just because someone is a specific ethnicity or religion doesn't mean they should vote for someone that people expect them to. People should look more into who they will vote for rather than what your friends or other people think. It's better to be a leader than a follower so before someone is to vote, make sure you research. But yeah, no one should feel that they have to vote for someone because of their religion or ethnicity.

2. Thanks TheAsterisk! thanked for this post
    Likes TheAsterisk! liked this post
    Senior Member marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Witch Hat Gir Aries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2012 08:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Munchman View Post
    Yeah, we have a pretty sizable Air Force. Hell, we have around 50 fighter jets (F-16's)m which is quite a lot for a country the size of Portugal. But our air force is decent because we let you Americans use the Lajes Air Base in the Azores, and the F-16's were co-funded by the US.

Our Navy is a joke, we have 5 Frigates and 7 Corvettes but no real warship. The pride of the navy are 2 state of the art German submarines, but the budget is tight so they are grounded most of the time since the fuel is too expensive.

Our army is even worse. Still using G3A3's, the same model my grandfather used in the Colonial War, in the 60's. The Army Bases are terrible. In the local one where i used to train, the weapon storage building had broken windows anyone could reach, and the bathrooms had sinks with leaks that apparently had been that way for months.

About the tax, i don't know if i would call it that because they literally cut one paycheck.
    O.O. Yeah, compaired to the US you guys are a bit behind... We currently have 11 aircraft carriers and are building 3 more... Makes us sound like we're the damn world police...

As for the "national" pay cut/decrease, sounds just as bad as ever increasing inflation and no real cost of living increase for however many decades. Yes, they did increase the federal minimum wage a few years ago, but that is just peeing on us and calling it rain...
    My Bubblegum Crisis fan-site --> The Bubblegum Crisis Sanctum (a work in progress)

and my humble blog --> The Writing Desk

--> My AF album

Pet Shop Story and Dragon Story ids: webowers, wbowers

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like to stay informed about what happens around the world. And be careful about that growing debt, you don't want to reach our position.
    Yeah, that's probably the thing that worries me the most in our country. I backed Obama the first time, but he blew a huge amount of money helping out friends and special interests. Our debt is getting up to the "catastrophic" levels they talk about the Eurozone countries having reached before all the austerity stuff. And he's created a lot of pressure and uncertainty on businesses due to the manner in which he implemented his health care package.

If it makes you feel better, marvel_phoenix has a point with:
    Quote Originally Posted by marvel_phoenix View Post
    As for the "national" pay cut/decrease, sounds just as bad as ever increasing inflation and no real cost of living increase for however many decades. Yes, they did increase the federal minimum wage a few years ago, but that is just peeing on us and calling it rain...
    It seems part of the crisis in the Eurozone is not being able to print Euros. For some reason people start lighting things on fire if you cut their pay by 10%. But if you give them a small raise and devalue their money by 15% then they're happy about it. Weird, but that seems to be how it is.

there are strikes and protests every week and we are starting to see soldiers in uniform participating in the protests, as well as soldier union leaders saying that "Revolutions are not announced in the media", and some high commands of the army saying that the military "serve the Portuguese people and not private institutions", and "Let no one dare to think that the armed forces can be used in the repression of social upheaval that these measures may cause."
    Oh...well. That's not good. You might want to keep up on American politics, we have a history of being very "helpful" in situations like that. Though Europe isn't South America and this isn't the 60s or 70s.

Yeah, we have a pretty sizable Air Force. Hell, we have around 50 fighter jets (F-16's)m which is quite a lot for a country the size of Portugal. But our air force is decent because we let you Americans use the Lajes Air Base in the Azores, and the F-16's were co-funded by the US.

Our Navy is a joke, we have 5 Frigates and 7 Corvettes but no real warship. The pride of the navy are 2 state of the art German submarines, but the budget is tight so they are grounded most of the time since the fuel is too expensive.

Our army is even worse. Still using G3A3's, the same model my grandfather used in the Colonial War, in the 60's. The Army Bases are terrible. In the local one where i used to train, the weapon storage building had broken windows anyone could reach, and the bathrooms had sinks with leaks that apparently had been that way for months.

About the tax, i don't know if i would call it that because they literally cut one paycheck.
    Do you have a sepreate force for coast guard duty? I'd actually expect that to be one of the first areas a country would buff up due to smuggling and illegal immegration.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Fair enough, and as for the debt. We'll just have to see who gets put into office. Also we have to see if we can get these tea-party idiots out and get some people that actually care about our nation and it's people, and not just themselves. Going bankrupt on our debt isn't a great idea, it's a completely @)*&^%@#*&^%^@#&%@(*&#%^*@&^!&(*!#^%*&#@^%*&@#^%&#@^%&*^#@%&^!@#)%*^#&*%^T#$&^*%) !^!@$^*&%@#^$%!@#%&$*^#%(&^!*^*&#@^ one!
    For some reason I seem to know people across the political spectrum, and that's pretty much exactly what the Tea party thinks about Democrats. They consider themselves quite patriotic, and the Democrats are mostly just voting for their government handouts without a care toward the impact on the country.

They also agree on the debt in the sense that they think Democrats are going to just keep growing it until it can't be paid. For the debt ceiling showdown they figured the Dems were bluffing and if an agreement wasn't reached they'd stop social security checks or furlough the government instead of not paying the debt.

I'm...actually not sure what Obama would have done.

In any case the point is I think both sides tend to demonize and often not even understand the other. (Though in this particular case I think there are plenty of Tea Parties and a whole lot of Democrats that are just looking at their bottom lines.)

But that's ok, if it gets too crazy, I'll just leave. There's no sense in trying to deal with and help a country that decides it's best to regulate people's rights and let businesses have free reign, all the while the people are approving it because they think it'll create jobs and money will trickle down to them by the grace of god. I hear Ireland's nice this time of year. Germany's not bad either. Or I could make people whip out a map to find me in Slovenia. Plus there's always the Phillipines.
    Some of those are...interesting choices for destinations. Though I do worry about people bailing on the country if the debt does become unmanagable or too many jobs are driven away.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 11-03-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Devourer of Realms Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Present The one Ring Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2014 04:31 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mclovin

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    Yeah, that's probably the thing that worries me the most in our country. I backed Obama the first time, but he blew a huge amount of money helping out friends and special interests. Our debt is getting up to the "catastrophic" levels they talk about the Eurozone countries having reached before all the austerity stuff. And he's created a lot of pressure and uncertainty on businesses due to the manner in which he implemented his health care package.

If it makes you feel better, marvel_phoenix has a point with:

It seems part of the crisis in the Eurozone is not being able to print Euros. For some reason people start lighting things on fire if you cut their pay by 10%. But if you give them a small raise and devalue their money by 15% then they're happy about it. Weird, but that seems to be how it is.

Oh...well. That's not good. You might want to keep up on American politics, we have a history of being very "helpful" in situations like that. Though Europe isn't South America and this isn't the 60s or 70s.

Do you have a sepreate force for coast guard duty? I'd actually expect that to be one of the first areas a country would buff up due to smuggling and illegal immegration.
    No, Coast Guarding is done both by the navy, the Police and the National Republican Guard. And yeah, i do know how "helpful" the US can be. In our revolution in 1974 when the country started going Commie the US parked a Carrier in the shores of Lisbon. Gladly the commies decided to step down.
    “The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.” - Chuck Palahniuk

New Blog!
    http://www.animeforum.com/blog.php?286738-Munchman
    A Completely Mediocre and Overdone Blog
    Now with 22% more entries!
    Make that 22.3735242%!

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

I feel ya, man. Using stuff from the 60's isn't fun, but why spend tons of money on something new, when the old stuff works just as good and plenty of people already know it? Also with the cut in the paycheck, we have a thing like that too. It's a Federal Withholding tax thingymajinger that's pulled out of our paycheck every month and allows those that don't make a whole lot to slide on not paying taxes, get money back, or only have to pay a small amount of money on April 15th, when yearly taxes are due.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    For some reason I seem to know people across the political spectrum, and that's pretty much exactly what the Tea party thinks about Democrats. They consider themselves quite patriotic, and the Democrats are mostly just voting for their government handouts without a care toward the impact on the country.

They also agree on the debt in the sense that they think Democrats are going to just keep growing it until it can't be paid. For the debt ceiling showdown they figured the Dems were bluffing and if an agreement wasn't reached they'd stop social security checks or furlough the government instead of not paying the debt.

I'm...actually not sure what Obama would have done.

In any case the point is I think both sides tend to demonize and often not even understand the other. (Though in this particular case I think there are plenty of Tea Parties and a whole lot of Democrats that are just looking at their bottom lines.)
    Honestly, when the tea-party thing first came out I was all "cool, let's see what happens". But after that debt ceiling debacle, screw them. I'm sorry if some folks feel differently than I do, but I highly doubt they were in my shoes of having to not only pay off a loan, but also live in a foreign country (Germany) with a higher currency value and being told that if the debt ceiling isn't raised, "the country will go bankrupt, and the military (of which I was a member at the time during the issue) will have to live and work for no pay until the issue is resolved." They wanted me to work for free, and somehow live in a foreign country on I.O.U.'s until they fixed the debt issue. No money to pay rent, pay bills, buy food, or even buy gas for my vehicle. Thank god Obama got that crap taken care off, and the idiot's in congress decided to let politics slide for once, so we could continue to collect a monthly paycheck. Yet these Tea-partiers want to continue selling themselves as supporters of the military.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Don Asterisco TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 06:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

Quote Originally Posted by טוביה View Post
    I- are you Autistic?
    I know it's no longer in vogue to call someone retarded, but on the merits of language alone "retarded" would make much more sense here than "autistic".

Also, telling people to vote a certain way conditionally based upon their race is- by definition- racism, whichever way it swings politically.

Doesn't the stupidity of others just make you all feel warm and fuzzy inside, from the tops of your heads to the tips of your toes?
    Last edited by TheAsterisk!; 11-04-2012 at 02:11 PM. Reason: pwd

8. Likes .:neuko:. liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information