AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Disney's Pimp-Hand is getting strong

Don Asterisco TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 06:04 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

Default Re: Disney's Pimp-Hand is getting strong

Quote Originally Posted by MegaAnimeFan View Post
    By the way the book I read is called Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels. Apparantly my book may not be fully official. In the opening it says:
    The main people involved in creating this book are:
    Bill Smith (wrote the text)
    Doug Chiang (drew the vehicle artwork)
    Troy Vigil (drew detailed schematics of the vehicles)

I don't know if any of them work for Lucas Arts (though it does say it received publishing authorization from the Lucas Films company), so it may be less official than I thought. It may be more along the lines of fan-fiction.

By the way, the official name for Palpatine's Star Destroyer is "Eclipse Star Destroyer".

Most devastating of the vehicles in the AOT (After Original Trilogy) arsenal is a spaceship named Sun Crusher. It can fire a powerful Resonance Torpedo, that if it is fired into the core of a star will cause the star to explode, destroying all the planets orbiting the star. This AOT ship I SERIOUSLY HOPE will make it into one of the last 3 movies.
    The novel these events occurred in was officially sanctioned and authorized, but as awful as any fanfiction I've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by טוביה View Post
    How feel about something Vong related?
    I'll never join you!

Really, most of the Star Wars EU is far too comic book-ish for me, visually and developmentally speaking, and tends towards absurd extremes and caricatures. The only books I enjoyed I enjoyed as if they were exceptionally good fanfictions, and usually were enjoyable because of some stupid running gag throughout the novel- Wedge Antilles dressed up as an Ewok in his cockpit, astromech droids modified to serve what was basically beer, etc.

Then, later on, the franchise got infected with the trendy bits of sci-fi: organically 'grown' ships and whatnot. Nevermind that the right metals and ceramics are easier to use, stronger, less reactive and so on.

Really, I love the movies, even those with Jar Jar, but I can't stand maybe 80% to 90% of the SW-EU. You'd be right to call the movies' plot and characters simplistic and generalized in many ways, but I've got to say that I prefer the timelessness and myth of the trilogies to the constant and minutely detailed comic book feel of the EU.

It's not just Star Wars that has done this to me, either. In Halo- a series which usually handles the bulk of its really detailed exposition in novels beyond the games- the few comic books that have been put out for it are godawful, whereas the books are all at least decent, and some are even pretty darn good.

I guess I just find some comic book/graphic novel tropes distasteful.
    Last edited by TheAsterisk!; 11-04-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: "He told me enough!"

~Neko Neko Neko~ KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Cookie Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

When i first heard that Disney bought Lucasfilms i laughed and didn't care ^^ Considering I've only seen like 1 star wars movie.

Member optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu 004 - Charmander
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2012 11:37 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MegaAnimeFan View Post
    I read in a book calling itself the "official" guide to starwars spacecraft that after the original trilogy Palpatine is supposed to be resurrected. This was in the article about Palpatine's black Star Destroyer, which is a ship that is to be built after the end of the original Star Wars Trilogy, during Palpatine's second life. It is to have a Superlaser much like the DeathStar's, but with the difference being that instead outright exploding the planet, it will simply crack the surface all over the planet, allowing lava to leak to the surface, rendering the planet uninhabitable and killing everyone on the planet. According to this guide to spaceships, Luke and Leia will combine their Force powers to unleash a powerful Force attack that will destroy Palpatine's Star Destroyer, killing him for the second time, and this time PERMANENTLY.

Now THAT is an episode that I would like to see. I hope that part of the story arc makes it into one of the 3 final movies.

Oh, and also Leia is supposed to marry Han Solo, so that better be in one of the 3 final movies as well.

I just hope Disney doesn't abandon the official story, and write their own story for the last 3 movies.
    thanks for that awesome spoiler warning you ruined starwars even more than jar jar binks for me

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Coming soon to a store near you:

Actually...I really, really want these.

This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Junior Member vlee123 is on a distinguished road vlee123's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2012 12:04 AM
    Threads

For those of you that may be wondering, Palpatine is actually just a Force ghost possessing a new body whenever you see him. The amount of Dark Side energy he had basically consumed his original body from the inside and killed him, which is why he cloned himself, killed the clone (I assume) and just possessed the body.

Closed Thread

Thread Information