AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of Sword Art Online??

Junior Member pauline143 is on a distinguished road pauline143's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2013 04:07 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: What do you think of Sword Art Online??

the way the story was directed was great but I'm a bit disappointed with how it ended. The priority of the main protagonist wasn't completed (reaching the 100th floor and defeating the final boss)....
    Despite this, its still has the character of capturing the viewers )

Member Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2013 09:45 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Carrot Officer

I think its hard to talk about SAO and not mention its flaws in the respects to its story-telling, but my biggest beef with the show in general is Kirito. Hes too much of a "Gary Stu" character and I think things like that defeat the purpose of telling a story about conflict. Its also weird how seriously Kirito takes the second game, when its much less life-threatening. You'd think one of the other players would tell him how much of a spaz hes being.

That being said I think this anime is the most beautifully crafted one to come out of 2012! Fight scenes are rapid-fire, hair-raising good times. and really, what else do you need?
    Last edited by Carrot Copper; 02-02-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Junior Member xzotic is a name known to all xzotic is a name known to all xzotic is a name known to all xzotic is a name known to all xzotic is a name known to all xzotic is a name known to all xzotic's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Flowers Fan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2013 08:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xzot1c

Quote Originally Posted by Carrot Copper View Post
    Its also weird how seriously Kirito takes the second game, when its much less life-threatening. You'd think one of the other players would tell him how much of a spaz hes being.
    Well he takes the game seriously in order to save Asuna of course :P

Also, this anime was amazing! The fights were good and so was the romance! It could also make me laugh and envy the fact that virtual reality games don't exist today to that extent.

The only problem was that there wasn't that much character development and the past of characters wasn't brought up that much so I couldn't really get to know them. Plus, Kirito never accomplished his goals in SAO by getting to the 100th floor.

Member Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper has a reputation beyond repute Carrot Copper's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2013 09:45 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Carrot Officer

Well he takes the game seriously in order to save Asuna of course :P
    Well you could argue that, I suppose....But hes still a Gary stu. Then again, it doesn't matter because its an awesome anime and I hope they do the next season in Gun Gale Online!

[witty remark] Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2014 12:44 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Am I the only one that liked Alfheim better? I mean, you can fly.. You. Can. Fly. :3
    And I liked Kirito's appearance there better. Except the ears.
    The fights are about as good as SAO, but not better or worse.
    Also, Kirito's a ”player” if you know what I mean. Lol.

Overall, superb anime. For months, I ignored the hype and stuff related to SAO, so after checking it out a few days ago, I could not stop watching! Last time I watched multiple episodes a day of an anime, it was high school of the dead.

Junior Member Sweet Dreams is on a distinguished road Sweet Dreams's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Grilled Fish Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2013 01:53 PM
    Threads

I loved this anime completely and one of the only things I could say that kind of disappointed me was Alfheim. I think it may have been a little rushed in the story and you didn't find out much about the new characters or places; but I liked how one of the villains turned to a hero in the end. But by the name of it, Gun Gale Online sounds like it'll be a interesting season..

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 05:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

im looking for a new anime to watch and i might give this anime a chance
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

Junior Member DaraKun is on a distinguished road DaraKun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2013 04:02 PM
    Threads

Definatly watch it its worth it, specialy if your a gamer, the animation is good, the story is good and its just a overall good anime, it has a few fillers but nothing to be worried about.

Member Michael Ark Angel is a splendid one to behold Michael Ark Angel is a splendid one to behold Michael Ark Angel is a splendid one to behold Michael Ark Angel is a splendid one to behold Michael Ark Angel is a splendid one to behold Michael Ark Angel is a splendid one to behold Michael Ark Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts M-0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 08:23 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MichaelArkAngel PSN ID: MichaelArkAngel

A good anime, not a great anime. It has a good story , characters, a good bad guy, but definitely some flaws as well, a very good rec for someone just getting into aim in my opinion.

"I hope it becomes popular." "What?" "Senjougahara Fascination!"

Member HeroValor is on a distinguished road HeroValor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-05-2013 08:08 PM
    Threads

When I first saw SAO, I saw it as the kind of anime people might get hyped about. Sure enough it has become pretty popular. Not to say it's not worth the praise, it is really enjoyable, but I wouldn't call it a must watch or a gem.

One of my main issues with SAO is that Asuna was made to be the independent heroine, but ended up becoming the damsel in distress more often than not.

Senior Member zxccxxc is on a distinguished road zxccxxc's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Beer Kill Bill Katana Matrix Tracker
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2014 01:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

come to think over it again. yes. i'm completely fallen for this anime, tough. it's a MMORPG game based anime combined with a good love story. it can't be helped, man.

Senior Member Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2014 10:18 PM
    Threads

One of the worst i've seen.

AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2014 06:59 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

I really liked it, the only thing that really annoyed me was the feel that is pushed for more episodes in the new ARC. I know it's based on a novel, though I haven't read it. I do know they changed the first arc alot, it was meant to be more sexual. I think if they were going to pick it up, they should have known this and gone in with the mindset to be as true to the book as possible. I can understand why they changed it, for kid viewers and all. But I hate when people make shows/movies from books and just change it up.
    As an anime alone though and not having read the novels. I really liked this anime.

Member Mesut is on a distinguished road Mesut's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Katana Mini Cooper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2013 06:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MartinF03

I liked the first episode so far. I'd be cool to be in a virtual reality MMORPG game, I can just imagine the stuff I'd do! By day I'd be a normal kid who doesn't like to be in anybodies business but by day fall I'll be one of the most badass players in the game. :P

Descendant of Elves Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette has a reputation beyond repute Pirouette's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts Aria Neko Haruhi Sos Dan Compass
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2014 12:16 PM
    Threads

Because of the hype and good ratings I thought it would be an awesome anime, but I ended up being disappointed. It didn't meet my expectations. The first half was bearable, but I had to force myself to complete the second half of the series.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Akiosama is on a distinguished road Akiosama's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2013 05:33 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

[Direct link]

I thought SAO was a very good anime, though I agree with most that the SAO arc was more compelling than the ALfheim arc. Wish they'd confirm that there will or won't be a second season, and I wish Kinokuniya LA would get the first novel back in stock.

Truth be told, though, while SAO is on my top list, I really liked Kawahara's Accel World better. I thought the story and protagonist were more interesting, and I liked the concept of the dual-world (no pun intended) setup of Accel World over the (basically) VR-focused SAO. SAO's use of the real world seemed thin in comparison.

I really think one of my issues with Kazuto/Kirito is that he's not presented with any major flaws. Sure, he likes to work alone - but for most of the series, he's good enough to do so. He's fixated on Asuna. No problem, she's fixated on him, too. (Despite having Lizbeth and Suguha around, he never really wavers from Asuna - it's not even a real choice for him. And why is there no real rival for Asuna?) He's an uber-good guy and all the girls seem to like him. No problem, they all step aside for Asuna with no real complications. And so on.

I think that Haruyuki's character, and the interactions within Accel World as a whole were more interesting. Haru's not perfect, though I'll admit he makes Kazuto/Kirito look positively stoic with how much he cries and apologizes, but he's more interesting because of his weaknesses and flaws, and the rivalries between Haru and Taku, and between Chiyuri and Kuroyukihime add more interesting facets to the story. Further, Nomi is by far a nastier badguy than Sugou. Sugou just seemed controlling and a bit perverse in his interest in Asuna. Nomi was sadistic, manipulative, and psychotic - the badguy you want to hate and watch go down. (Last time I felt like that was Kefka from Final Fantasy VI.) As for Kayaba - he's an antagonist, yes, but in the end, he seems more self-absorbed in his ideal than actually evil. He cheats, yes, and his methods are extreme, but he subjects himself to most of the same rules and limits in his own world that he created as he subjects his followers to. It's hard to see him as a true badguy, at least not in the same sense as Sugou or Nomi.

Also, the up and down humor and drama in Accel World kept me more interested than SAO's relatively constant presentation. There were humorous moments in both, dramatic moments in both, and romantic moments in both - but the pacing of Accel World was more to my liking. That, and the way they treat the main characters - Haru goes through far more hell in Accel World than Kazuto/Kirito does in SAO.

I enjoyed the fight between Kayaba and Kirito. It was a good ending to the arc. I enjoyed the confrontation between Oberon and Kirito, too.

But neither fight had me on the edge-of-my-seat-yelling-at-the-TV-engrossed the way that the final battle between Haru and Nomi did. When they interrupted the arc for the Kuroyukihime Okinawa side-story (which it was, despite any effect it might have had on the main arc), I actually was perturbed and tempted to skip ahead back to the main story. SAO did not do that at all for me, despite my enjoyment of SAO being the reason I sat down with Accel World in the first place.

If you liked SAO, I highly recommend that you don't miss out on Accel World. (And for those people like me who like connections, Accel World and SAO take place in the same universe, though at different periods of time.)

[Link out]

My 2 yen,

Akiosama
    Last edited by Akiosama; 07-31-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 01:07 AM
    Threads

Read the light novels. It's incredible how well Kawahara Reki can evoke emotion even through translations.

Member Drichos is on a distinguished road Drichos's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2013 06:59 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: drichos

I have a love hate relationship with SAO I really really loved it whilst they were actually in SOA but to me the anime was ruined when that game was suddenly ended and then they switched over to Alfheim Online. I think had they not switched over to Alfheim Online and used those episodes to put more detail into SOA then this would have easily been in my top 5 anime off all time.

Junior Member TheNorwegianAnimeFreak is on a distinguished road TheNorwegianAnimeFreak's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2013 06:21 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AsianTeam PSN ID: rikoo177 Steam ID: TheNorwegainAnimeFreak

This anime is one of the best anime i ever watched ! Wish there were more episodes

Junior Member aly_cat is on a distinguished road aly_cat's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2013 09:31 PM
    Threads

I think SAO is a good anime. I like the art plus the plot was interesting. It makes the viewers want to keep watching because they want to know what would happen next, in my opinion that is. It had many aspects in it and some scenes really brings you in.

Junior Member Paul Hopper is on a distinguished road Paul Hopper's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-28-2014 11:24 PM
    Threads

I loved the SAO arc I wasn't as interested in ALO except for Kirito to hurry and reunite with Asuna and his sister/cousin needs to stop trying to jump his bones. I've seen GGO has been pretty much confirmed for this year and that excites me, I hope it'll be a good season!

Senior Member Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts One Piece Wanted Poster Soras Keyblade Alice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2014 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dragons Rioting PSN ID: ManyuuHikenchou

The plot is so weird after they get off from the game and they went to a different game instead

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Worried
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2014 06:14 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SuperNerdHanji

My two cents: SAO is a guilty pleasure anime for me. As I look it, it's got its moments where I'm like, "Why am I watching this again," but I can't help but enjoy it.

It's like the Call of Duty of animes: you know there's a lot better out there, and you'd prolly be better off not bothering with it, but it's mindless fun that feels good to engage in.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me...

Member LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online has a reputation beyond repute LOR Online's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2014 09:36 AM
    Threads

This series is something of a guilty pleasure anime for me. I enjoy watching it for the most part (well, sections of it anyways) and it's always fun to look back at the first 1-2 episodes and remember how much potential it had before A-1 Pictures kinda flushed it down the toilet. Of course, it's not entirely the studio's fault as the light novel had issues with it in the first place.

I'm happy that I found this in the romance section of the forum as that's exactly what kind of series it is, a romance. So many people make it out to be this great anime on an MMORPG but all it did was serve to annoy a lot of people that actually play online games (and don't even get me started on some fans that started to join these games thinking they could Kirito their way through the game). The MMO aspect of the series is used as nothing more than a backdrop and I actually feel like this series would have worked better if an ACTUAL fantasy world was used for it. But I'm no big hater of the idea of an MMO, I just felt that this aspect of it could have been better utilised to the effect of the anime as whole.

Without a doubt my biggest problem with the series is Kirito. I mean, seriously, I don't understand how anyone can say this is a "good character" by the standards of anime protagonists. People need to understand firstly that there is a difference between "OMG! This character is so badass, I wish I could be as awesome as him and get all the girls!" and an actual good, deep, relatable, complex character. The first thing that many would argue makes a character good would be how the audience can relate to them. I don't see how Kirito can be related to. He is far above what anyone normal person is relatable, he doesn't have any real problems or issues beyond "I'm trapped in a death game" or "My girlfriend was kidnapped" which honestly, how many of us can say we've been in these situations? Not to mention the way he behaves and acts if very different to how not only gamers act, but how any everyday human being would behave. I'm sorry but to be blunt, he feels like a very synthesised or fake character.

The second would be how realistic a character is. This may seem silly considering the fact that the entire anime medium is filled with death gods, future seeing phones, aliens and teenaged girls with the power to implode galaxies but what I mean when I say this is that in the context of the world that we're given, a character needs to be believable. They need to behave in a way that corresponds with the set rules of the world. Sad to say, Kirito doesn't do this and in fact breaks the rules on several occasions. The greatest example would be the Deus Ex Machina where he manages to not only NOT DIE when his HP hits zero, a rule that underpins the series as a whole, but is able to move enough so that he can take down his foe. I'm sorry but this is crap. People have argued that his "will to live" was stronger than the other players but no, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Everyone else is I'm sure, just as desperate to survive as he is, and on top of that probably have lives and lovers, families and jobs to return to. It is in fact, established that Kirito is a NEET and therefore has very little outside the virtual world to keep him motivated to live, and on top of that he just "lost" Asuna and watched her get killed in front of him. If anything, he should have the least will to live of anyone in the damn game. To finish off, one other thing that characters often have to make them interesting is flaws. Heard of them Kirito? I doubt it Mr. Perfect...

I could rant on about SAO for days but hey, I made a video review so that I wouldn't have to do that :P

Check out my anime review show:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLOROnline

Proud Fangirl Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 03:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I enjoyed SAO, but I liked the first part much more than the second. Definitely something I'll watch again someday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information