AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wondering about conventions closer to my state

Hybrid View

Member optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu 004 - Charmander
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2012 11:37 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default wondering about conventions closer to my state

im looking to maybe go to my first con. something close to Maine would be preferable. maybe something some what low key? im a bit of an introvert.

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: wondering about conventions closer to my state

Not sure really.. Sorry.
    The only cons I know at the east coast are katsucon (DC), otakon (Baltimore), and new york comic con/anime festival.

Senior Member Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2014 11:44 PM
    Threads

Anime conventions aren't really known to be very low key some are just smaller in size than others. Katsucon for example, as Albear brought up, takes place in a Virginia hotel (or at least it did last time I checked) whereas Otakon takes up all of the Baltimore Convention Center and expands out from there when all of the con goers gather at the many places in the Inner Harbor and Downtown. As for what convention you could go to. The only well known con I can think of is Anime Boston, in Boston obviously.

http://www.animeboston.com/

Check out my YouTube Channel and give me some feedback!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackwaltz25?feature=mhee

Also come join my RP, Discordia, and let your music grant you power.
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...n-Up-Discordia
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?113483-RPG-Discordia

Member Miss_Strawberry has a spectacular aura about Miss_Strawberry has a spectacular aura about Miss_Strawberry's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Decepticons
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2012 11:29 AM
    Threads

You can always check Animecons.com for a list of tenative conventions in your area.

http://animecons.com/events/calendar.shtml/200800799

I would definatly look into smaller conventions at first. I have found anime conventions are a little bit more high energy then many of the science fiction conventions but I have met and made more friends at anime conventions then I ever had at scifi cons. It really depends on what you are into though.

Junior Member shwetamishra is on a distinguished road shwetamishra's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2012 08:12 AM
    Threads

While the GOP increasingly emphasizes its conservative principles, the convention demonstrates an uneasy alliance between those who backed Romney and others who threw their energy, support and time behind the socially conservative Rick Santorum and the libertarian Ron Paul. The draft of the party platform reflects a desire to bring these factions together, as it includes a call to study a return to the gold standard.

Member optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu 004 - Charmander
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2012 11:37 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by shwetamishra View Post
    While the GOP increasingly emphasizes its conservative principles, the convention demonstrates an uneasy alliance between those who backed Romney and others who threw their energy, support and time behind the socially conservative Rick Santorum and the libertarian Ron Paul. The draft of the party platform reflects a desire to bring these factions together, as it includes a call to study a return to the gold standard.
    Are you hitting on me? Hey mods does this count as sexual harrassment?

Junior Member Eiji the Siren is on a distinguished road Eiji the Siren's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2013 09:55 PM
    A tiny town buried in Northwest Georgia. xD
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I guess Connecticon in Connecticut. Not too sure if that's closer or not but whatevs.

Junior Member shyra is on a distinguished road shyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-21-2013 10:33 AM
    Threads

Another Anime Convention in Manchester, New Hampshire. It usually happens in October and it's a boatload of fun.

http://anotheranimecon.com

Also, PortConMaine in Portland. Typically happens sometime in June.

http://portconmaine.com

Anime Boston is the biggest one nearby, though. If you're looking for smaller cons, the two I mentioned are your best bets.

Happy hunting!

Junior Member mollyblue is on a distinguished road mollyblue's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2013 05:48 PM
    Threads

On http://upcomingcons.com you can type your location in the search box and it'll give you every con that is near you.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information