AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can anyone recommend some good horror anime?

Member Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-31-2013 04:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: brentb1990

Default Can anyone recommend some good horror anime?

I ran a search for horror anime and didn't find one, so if I anyone already posted a thread asking for horror anime I apologize in advance!!!

I'm trying to find a really good horror anime with a good story line, one that totally creeps you out with ghosts or something similar to the grudge.

Can anyone recommend some?

Member Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Default Re: Can anyone recommend some good horror anime?

No one's responded to this thread yet, but that's alright lol. If anyone is looking to watch some horror anime this Halloween I found a couple that I liked.

Another
    - Paranormal, thriller, horror, drama, Curses, Violence/Gore
    If you guys like this one, they adapted the anime from the original novel アナザー [anaza] and video, but I haven't found anything for it. If anyone finds something, can they let me know?

Hell Girl
    - Paranormal, drama, horror, some comedy (in my opinion), curses, Violence/Gore

I'm on the second season of Hell Girl right now (I know, get with the times right?) but if anyone finds any that are interesting please let me know

Member Gensan Geek is on a distinguished road Gensan Geek's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Black Ribbon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2018 12:18 AM
    Threads

Shiki - Mystery, Horror, Vampires, Gore, Psychological

best horror anime for me...
    "The best way to avoid saying lies, is to say nothing at all".
    [/SIZE]

4. Thanks Akio-sempai thanked for this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Thanks, psychkid, I'll definitely check it out.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Requiem from the Darkness

I'm about to watch 11 Eyes but it looks good.

Hellsing

Kaku Ren Bo Hide and Seek
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Member Allan53 is on a distinguished road Allan53's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-22-2014 12:05 AM
    Threads

I don't know how the anime stacks up with the manga, but the manga of Higurashi: When They Cry is pretty psychological and horror-y. Highschool of the Dead has potential, but focuses too much on fanservice for my tastes.

Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Thanks for the recommendations everyone .
    I found another one I liked If you guys want to check it out, I just finished watching it at 2AM this morning lol
    Tasogare Otome X Amnesia. - 12 episodes

It's not really scary, but it is a good ghost story, has an awesome romance, and is pretty funny in my opinion. Definitely worth watching. I only teared up a little while watching it haha.

Member Sparks Of Logic is on a distinguished road Sparks Of Logic's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2012 02:28 AM
    Threads

How has no one mentioned Higurashi yet? Only watch the first season, though. The rest stop focusing on horror and tries to apply a storyline.

School Days is pretty good too if you can muster through the first seven episodes or so. It goes from happy harem-styled goodness to a complete bloodbath (in a tasteful way).

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Tokyo Mew Mew. The worst horror anime of them all... lol

My Wi-Fi!! It's gone out . . .

Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Haha isn't Tokyo Mew Mew a mahou shoujo? I guess I can see how that can be considered horror... But I don't think I'm going to watch that recommendation haha sorry. And Higurashi is definitely one of my all time favorites. But I only have english dub version (NOOO!).

I just finished watching Sankarea. Very... different.
    -12 episodes

It's a romance/comedy/horror about a guy fascinated with zombies. I don't like leaving spoilers on posts so you'll have to watch the anime if you want to know more lol. And no I don't have any strange fetishes like that or anything XD, it was under the recommendations of Tasogare Otome x Amnesia so I thought I'd check it out. lol

The ending is left open with way too many dang questions in my opinion, but, if you like the anime, from what I have been researching they will release the 13th episode on nov 30th. I'm not sure if they will have a second season, but I find it hard to believe that they can answer so many questions and do a good job of it in a single episode.

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Deadman Wonderland is not bad. And I would consider Elfin Lied to fall partly into the horror genre. I just finished watching Another. Probably the scariest anime I have seen. I slept 2 nights in a row with the lights on.

Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    Deadman Wonderland is not bad. And I would consider Elfin Lied to fall partly into the horror genre. I just finished watching Another. Probably the scariest anime I have seen. I slept 2 nights in a row with the lights on.
    Haha, Another is definitely one of the best horrors I've watched. I haven't seen Deadman Wonderland yet, but I'll put it on my watch list, it looks pretty interesting.

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akio-sempai View Post
    Haha, Another is definitely one of the best horrors I've watched. I haven't seen Deadman Wonderland yet, but I'll put it on my watch list, it looks pretty interesting.
    Yeah Deadman Wonderland is not all that scary, but quite original and also quite violent. Nothing too special, but certainly worth a watch.

Senior Member Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Hellsing Ultimate OVAs. Some of the slickest animation I've ever seen, and rocking some serious hyper violence. That and it's finally winding down to a conclusion (been out since 2006ish).

The only other horror series I've really seen are just crummier adaptations of really great manga (i.e Gantz, Berserk, Claymore). If you're into more psychological horror, Monster and Paranoia Agent are pretty awesome.

--------------------------------------------

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    --------------------------------------------
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"“All he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.” - John Milton

Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@Souhi , thanks alot I'll definitely try those. Sadly tho I haven't watched any episodes of Hellsing... But, I will soon haha.

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 04:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

anne freaks
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@darkrider21
    thanks darkrider21! Anne Feaks looks like a pretty good manga, I haven't read too much manga, but it looks pretty interesting.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information