AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P Amanda Todd

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum Pop View Post

Parents need to give their children knowledge, not rule after rule. Tell your kids the risks of the internet, tell them about sex, tell them about bullying and how they can fight against it. I think this story should spread knowledge to help parents educate their children, it might help save more suicidal teenagers.
    I'm short, I have a different type of speech and my facial features are iffy. My mother was always worried I'd be bullied. So she told me to just laugh along. I was never really bullied, but I've always been very open to poking fun at my faults. It has really helped. I don't know if it actually deterred any problems but I'd like to think it did. Probably the best advice my mother ever gave. Just laugh along and have whatever fun you can with it and it'll go away. When people see it bothers you, they'll continue. But when they see it has no effect on you, they'll usually get bored.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

2. Thanks Nanobyte, Bubblegum Pop thanked for this post
    Likes Nanobyte, Bubblegum Pop liked this post
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

First off all in many countries sending around naked pictures of a girl that young would be varying degrees of illegal. ..though aparently not in Japan if wikipedia is to be believed, but that's another thread. A number of locations also have bullying/cyberbullying laws, which maybe occur at varying levels of governance and may be criminal, civil, or "school".

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    There are always TWO sides of a story. NO ONE gets bullied like that for no reason,
    Somewhere in that post is an important point. I think a lot of people who really oppose bullying in theory all too often support it in practice. It isn't always simple.

In this particular case the girl was making some very poor life choices.

The drugs and alcohol bit? I could see telling my daughters when they're much older to stay away from somebody like that.

The thing where she had sex with another girls boyfriend knowing he had a girlfriend? I wouldn't be surprised to find that a lot of the students at the school thought she was getting "what she deserved".

In more general lots of our media features bullying to some degree. The guy/girl that is the butt of others humor is just comedy gold I guess.

Also in reality I find it's actually somewhat hard to reach out to bullied people. They often have their guard all the way up, can lash out or otherwise respond unpredictably in a negative way and draw even more heat. Hurm. Actually I suppose some of the back and forth with Amber here has some of the flavor of that.

I guess what I'm saying is that I suspect a lot of bullying and isolation doesn't happen with omonous music and a flashback to the targets perspective like an after school special. Things are more complex. This does NOT mean that bullying should be let slide because "it's complicated" or "there are two sides to this story" but rather people need to take a step back and realize when they're seeing it or when someone might be in emotional trouble.

And I think maybe there should be some discussion (training?) on dealing with people who have issues. For example seeing someone in pain lashing out or acting out for what it really is instead of just seeing them as a jerk. And what to do from there. Frankly I think I'm unsure about how I would deal with some situations I hear about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum Pop View Post
    I just wish Amanda would have found one person to be there for her, just ONE.
    With helping her move so much it rather sounds like she may have had her parents. Of course I don't know her story in any detail. But I'm continually disturbed, being a newish parent, how many of my past aquentances didn't count their parents as "someone there for them" when the parents clearly were caring and engaged with them as much as the kids would let them.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 10-13-2012 at 09:35 PM.

4. Thanks Nanobyte thanked for this post
    Senior Member Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2016 03:10 AM
    Threads

She shouldn't have showed people her tits.

Still, it's said that she committed suicide.

Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255, which is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.

6. Likes Jozette liked this post
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Media is manipulative and truth is elusive. Any delivered information is bound to be cropped, based on the desires and motivation of the one who transmits it. One should always be wary of the information he/she receives from another. No one can know the whole story accurately; the person receiving the information is free to interpret and conclude in any way possible, and this primarily depends on his/her personal experience. This is why an opinion cannot be considered wrong with respect to the person who said it.

What I see here is a pointless argument because, there's really nothing to argue. People are just liking/hating what others say because they agree/disagree to it. Don't bring up your personal experience and clash against with someone's experience and say that you are more correct than him/her. Everyone in AF should respect each other's differences and act accordingly, because bullying starts with the lack of respect.
    Last edited by marvelangga; 10-14-2012 at 02:22 AM.

8. Thanks TheAsterisk! thanked for this post
    Likes TheAsterisk! liked this post
    May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

You know it's really easy after something like this to say 'why wasn't someone there for her?' but really, don't kid yourself for even a second that you wouldn't at some point have thought that girl was a bad egg/attention seeker/loose/etc. Think about how many people that you know or are slightly acquainted with that you have had such thoughts about.

I'm sympathetic that she took her own life at such a young age and that she was harassed due to an indiscretion/folly of youth (exposing herself online) but her choices after that weren't constructive either. Yes, she may have been weak and vulnerable but I do not think she was completely alone, I do not think she had absolutely no support or anyone to confide in. From her own video, it is very clear that instead of trying to combat her problems she repeatedly tried to escape them. Maybe she herself was not strong enough to fight this battle and that's what led her to end things, we can only speculate.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

10. Likes Naughty Dog, Assud, Nanobyte liked this post
    Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2024 04:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    I'm short, I have a different type of speech and my facial features are iffy. My mother was always worried I'd be bullied. So she told me to just laugh along. I was never really bullied, but I've always been very open to poking fun at my faults. It has really helped. I don't know if it actually deterred any problems but I'd like to think it did. Probably the best advice my mother ever gave. Just laugh along and have whatever fun you can with it and it'll go away. When people see it bothers you, they'll continue. But when they see it has no effect on you, they'll usually get bored.
    Must be great having a mom like that. o-o
    I'd bake her a pie for that.

Nanobyte's minion Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket Cheese Cake
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2015 03:20 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In my opinion the crucial moment in this story is what the girl did. Let's raise awareness about that, rather than bullying. Bullying has always existed (probably always will), while young, very young girls, flashing their breasts on cam is recent fenomena. Thinking about the consequences of your decisions is always a good bet...

I feel sorry for the girl for having to endure all that and for the lack of compassion in our society. You see this every day: my friend got sick on the street, in the city center, in midday, not so long ago, and no one came up to her. Not a single person. It wasn't epilepsy or anything of the serious kind, but still.
    Set by me

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Bah, at least ED is getting me:

14. Likes Naughty Dog, Assud liked this post
    Dislikes Xeyuzio, Bubblegum Pop, Ranshiin, Ωmega disliked this post
    Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's so inhumane of you, Amber.

16. Thanks Ranshiin thanked for this post
    Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Instead of joining in and being a Drama Llama I'm just going to weigh in with my own opinion, not saying any of you are right or wrong because this as i said on a book face discussion, this is an uncomfortable can of worms to open.

This is a direct quote form my book face. (i'll just add I am against suicide for the most part).

"Theres already a tonne of glad handing companies out there doing such (anti-bllying) campaigns. Why should her name take relevance over any other bullied kid, Because she made the most stupid cowardice decision you can?

Hell this is where I hate to say it....I agree with "B A Star", they take positive stories of self improvement from people who were bullied but turned it around. I am much more willing to support that kind of campaign then one that uses a kid that killed herself as a center piece for shock value.

And don;t get me wrong, i am 100% against bullying from my own experiences, but I'm even more against cowards that take their own life. (except in cases with terminal conditions but thats a whole other kettle of fish)."

Now what i think frustrates a lot of people (including myself) when it comes to this is the complete media and social media to boot, over saturation. This leads to a feeling of contempt for people that just "jump on the bandwagon", now there's a lot of them yes, BUT there's also a heap of genuine people there.

I think the main bone of contention is as i stated before this has all been centered around a story with shock value, which is what the media really and i mean REALLY soils their panties for, there are plenty of other campaigns out there, and because of the sensitive shock story of Amanda Todd this could inadvertently lead to more cases of suicide.

(Maybe some will see this and reinforce their ideas suicide is a "way out", or they think they can spread the anti bullying message by suicide which they feel will garner media attention.)

Some of you may agree with my diatribe there and others might not. But if this thread spirals to trolling and arguing with each other the irony would be unbearably tragic.

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

18. Thanks Rei, Trinity Muse thanked for this post
    Senior Member Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2014 08:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: OG_APPLEJACKS

Sure, we all hate cyber bullying, but why in the hell does this girl get more recognition than ANY other victim of cyber bullying? I don't understand why her story is glorified as if she endured the worst experience of cyber bullying in recorded history. It saddens me that she is some sort of poster child for this. Do I care that it happened? Yes! Nobody deserves something that horrible. However, I don't feel some sort of heightened pity just because she gets famous off of this. She is NOT the martyr that people are making her out to be! She didn't say, "Hey! I'll off myself so that other people will get it!" No. She did not. She offed herself because her morale was weak and she didn't have the willpower to push on with her life. There are people that pull the proverbial (and sometimes literal) trigger because of cyber bullying. What do they get? A small section of the obituary section in their local paper. Amanda Todd gets international fame? That's sickening. If one person gets this sort of recognition, then all should too. People are losing their damn minds over this girl. Where is your pity for the other millions of teens who call it quits because of a cyber bully? When you show the same sorrow for EVERY SINGLE OTHER KID who commits suicide, then I will believe that you REALLY care about stopping cyber bullying. Until then, stop acting like you're some sort of activist for it. Now, let me reiterate myself and say that I DO care that she died. I just don't feel the need to click 'Like' on every picture with her face on it.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    Why do I even bother to post here anymore if no one wants to look at it from a different perspective? I get that most people like living in their own fairytale worlds in here, but seriously? >_> All that hate?
    Oh honey, nobody is hating your posts merely because of your opinion. It is your crappy and heartless attitude that is pissing people off. Let the wolf help you get a clue.

Yes, this whole issue started when Amanda Todd flashed her boobs in a chatroom. Considering the snowball effect that occurred months and years later, most of the things that happened to her probably wouldn't have happened if she had never done that. However, kids being kids (and she had to have been only 12 or 13 at the time), think that they are unstoppable, and do stupid things, so that's where we are.

Of course, there are a lot of things that could have prevented this. Maybe her parents could have been controlling her Internet access. Maybe they should have managed her privacy settings. Maybe she should have told her parents about what was going on. Maybe she should have told school officials what was going on. Or maybe she did and they didn't do anything. Maybe she shouldn't have gone out with that guy. Maybe he should have gotten involved with her. And if only she had friends, family, and other adults that supported her and those antidepressants and counselling had worked. Maybe if all of things had fallen into place, Amanda Todd would still be here...but she isn't and unfortunately, those "maybes" are only lessons that should be learned instead of actions that occurred.

Now, I'm not sure where what fuels your opinion, but some people are indeed bullied for no reason (or the reasons are dumb as hell). Its one of the sad things about children: ANYTHING that sets you apart from the norm is fuel for your social pyre and having pictures of your boobs roaming around on the Internet is enough for people to hate you and the anonymity of the Internet makes this incredibly easy. Some of the people who said mean things about Amanda Todd when she was alive wouldn't dare say those things in public.

I don't know much about Amanda Todd beyond news reports and the video she made. What I do know, and this comes from life experience that you haven't had yet (as you are only one year older than Ms. Todd), is that nobody deserves to be harassed to the point of death, particularly not a teenager. I can't fathom the stress, anxiety, and pain that someone has to go through before death becomes an option to end it all. That someone feels so broken and isolated because of idiotic and uncaring individuals that have nothing better to do that they cannot break out of their hellish bubble to see the people that do care care about them that death seems a much more viable option is just wrong.

What she did when she was alive really doesn't matter right now. You don't know any more about her than I do, and yet you pull things out of a hat to judge her by. Do you honestly believe that because she was a potential b!tch that she deserved to be bullied to the point of KILLING HERSELF?! I could spend all day explaining to you how wrong that fallacious type of thinking really is. Apparently, your life experiences haven't made you wiser; you haven't learned a damn thing and your comments only reveal how naive you truly are. Your comments run right along with those other teenagers who posted on other sites that they were "glad that she was dead" or that she "deserved it". Things like this make me sick, almost literally.

There are always two sides to a situation. Maybe there are even more sides depending on how complex it is and this situation is certainly a complicated one. However, there is only one thing that matters here. A girl killed herself. Why does her past actions matter to you AT ALL? How freaking arrogant and shallow does a person need to be in order to ignore the self-destructive behavior and thought patterns of a person, things that lead to their DEATH, the end of a very short life that had unknown potential, that the only damn things that come your mind is that "she should have been stronger" or "she should have turned to her friends" or "well, she shouldn't have showed her boobs"?

Utterly disgusting.
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 10-14-2012 at 12:50 PM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

21. Thanks Xeyuzio, Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    Likes suzumi, Bubblegum Pop, Ωmega liked this post
    Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It is a sad, sad day for humanity when people have such a disconnected, uncaring perspective on each other. This should be a tragic story, not just "one of those" stories you become desensitized to hearing about just because they are so common. The point is, they shouldn't be so common. JUST ONE PERSON THAT COULD HAVE POTENTIALLY BEEN HELPED, IS ONE PERSON TOO MANY.

The focus should be less on her mistakes and "how selfish" she apparently was for committing suicide and more on the actions of those that led her to feel as though this was a viable option.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
    Sure, we all hate cyber bullying, but why in the hell does this girl get more recognition than ANY other victim of cyber bullying? I don't understand why her story is glorified as if she endured the worst experience of cyber bullying in recorded history. It saddens me that she is some sort of poster child for this. Do I care that it happened? Yes! Nobody deserves something that horrible. However, I don't feel some sort of heightened pity just because she gets famous off of this. She is NOT the martyr that people are making her out to be! She didn't say, "Hey! I'll off myself so that other people will get it!" No. She did not. She offed herself because her morale was weak and she didn't have the willpower to push on with her life. There are people that pull the proverbial (and sometimes literal) trigger because of cyber bullying. What do they get? A small section of the obituary section in their local paper. Amanda Todd gets international fame? That's sickening. If one person gets this sort of recognition, then all should too. People are losing their damn minds over this girl. Where is your pity for the other millions of teens who call it quits because of a cyber bully? When you show the same sorrow for EVERY SINGLE OTHER KID who commits suicide, then I will believe that you REALLY care about stopping cyber bullying. Until then, stop acting like you're some sort of activist for it. Now, let me reiterate myself and say that I DO care that she died. I just don't feel the need to click 'Like' on every picture with her face on it.
    Where is she getting "more?" is there some sort of suicide measuring system that I don't know about? and who's doing the measuring?

I don't feel some sort of heightened pity just because she gets famous off of this.
    Well, she's dead. The opportunity for calling her a fame-attention-seeking person has long since passed. Somehow I doubt she cares about how many facebook likes she gets on pages she didn't even create.

I don't think she's in the neitherworld going "hell yea, I did it, now i'm famous in the world of the living! my mission is complete"

She offed herself because her morale was weak and she didn't have the willpower to push on with her life.
    Orly, I wonder why

Finally, a compassionate way to look at someone who likely didn't have the support required to get the morale, due to I don't know, being bullied and harassed on a daily basis. Never become any kind of social worker, because everyone who sees you will likely want to off themselves after just one session.

To sum it up, some of the people in this thread seem to cheapen the severity of what happened to her -- most of the time by calling her weak and blaming it on her (or people who commit suicide in general), instead of looking at it from all viewpoints and seeing the contributing factors of what makes someone feel so much despair that they decide to commit suicide, instead of get help.

Can't expect much more from people who think they know everything about everything, though.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 10-14-2012 at 02:51 PM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

23. Likes Ωmega liked this post
    Senior Member Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2016 03:10 AM
    Threads

I think Amber is trolling the hell outta ya'll.
    lel.

25. Dislikes Naughty Dog disliked this post
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
    Sure, we all hate cyber bullying, but why in the hell does this girl get more recognition than ANY other victim of cyber bullying? I don't understand why her story is glorified as if she endured the worst experience of cyber bullying in recorded history.
    Quote Originally Posted by .Tatty. View Post
    Why should her name take relevance over any other bullied kid.
    In this case because she made the youtube video. Most people just have a suicide note if that, so you don't know their story. And lets be fair, it isn't like she the first person in the news for committing suicide.

In any case, when it comes to campaigns and whatnot it has to be somebody. People don't respond to statistics. The respond to people they get to know a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Muse View Post
    In my opinion the crucial moment in this story is what the girl did. Let's raise awareness about that, rather than bullying. Bullying has always existed (probably always will), while young, very young girls, flashing their breasts on cam is recent fenomena. Thinking about the consequences of your decisions is always a good bet...
    I do think that's something that has to be stressed. In this day and age stupid stuff you do as a teen can haunt you forever.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 10-14-2012 at 08:54 PM.

27. Thanks Trinity Muse thanked for this post
    Senior Member Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2013 07:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Amanda Todd was an attention {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted}.

WHY DID YOU CENSOR ME ANIME FORUM?!
    Last edited by Assud; 10-14-2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: CAUSE AF IS MEAN!

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

@sunnyside I agree that people will respond to case with a name behind it, something about it being more personable I guess, and not just an entity out there.

My problem in short is that it's all centered around a girl and a story that has some shock value, like it or not that's what gets people through the doors so to say.

I honestly believe a lot of this this outcry for the most part is just the next facebook (and twitter now I guess) fad. BUT again as i said there are heaps of genuine people out there, just outweighed by the followers. Regardless i think this won't be relevant by November.

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

Senior Member 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Eva NERV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2012 03:45 AM
    Threads

All of the bleach photos I keep seeing on the net are really annoying, respect for the dead is lost now.
    I only have a few things to say..

1. at that age you shouldn't be flashing any shady guy on webcam, he could record it, screen shot it, do whatever in fact at any age just don't flash people if you are not ready for what may happen
    2. don't sleep with people who already have bf/gf's grant it the chick didn't have to beat up Amanda Todd to make a point, that was just being a b***h about the situation
    3.bullies are getting more ravenous, it's like they sought her out, I say this because it sounds like the "pedo" was someone who knew her maybe? there are ways to trace her and track her down by the wonders of the net but this just seems too sketchy to me....on the point again they laughed, beat her, abandoned her over a damn picture and sleeping with a guy that wasn't her bf....how immature do you have to be to make someone miserable over that? this needs to be stopped.
    4. the parents just sent her off to counseling it seems, my parents would of sat my sister down after the first incident gave her boundaries and everything, in fact, my older brother would do the same and I would be on her side too. the parents didn't seem to want to understand what was going on until she died. they should of cared about it at phase one.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by .Tatty. View Post
    Regardless i think this won't be relevant by November.
    Well, this isn't the next JFK assasination. I imagine it won't be too long before people can't remember their name, as with the other suicide cases I recall.

However I think the general situation will stick in a lot of peoples heads along with the vague outlines of the others. Another instance that might pop into mind when they come accross some bullying, or when voting on a referendum to create penalties for cyberbullying or to create cyber restraining orders or whatever. Actually, given how people are often geared toward visual memory, this particular situation may stick with people better than previous cases.

I think this case is also noteworthy, if people care to discuss it, because it brings up the idea of bullying in the context of the victim having done something wrong. Often what makes the news are cases are where someone is bullied simply for their sexual orientation. But I'm betting that for every instance like that or for cases where someone is just unnatractive for some reason there are more where the person has done something that can let people feel like it's OK to go after them. And that those instances are especially vicious. I think by default people LIKE bullying somebody. However societal norms and an internal understanding of right and wrong keep them in check. But they're all too quick to jump on any rationalization to cut loose.

Quote Originally Posted by 44NekoStarr66 View Post
    4. the parents just sent her off to counseling it seems, my parents would of sat my sister down after the first incident gave her boundaries and everything, in fact, my older brother would do the same and I would be on her side too. the parents didn't seem to want to understand what was going on until she died. they should of cared about it at phase one.
    The parents helped her move as a result of all this. TWICE. I'm betting they were aware and engaged.

However in our society there really is only so much parents can do. About the only thing I can think of is that there are rehab esque organizations that essentially kidnap the kids and haul them off for therapy in some remote location where they don't have access to drugs, alcohol, sexual partners, facebook, etc.

However there have been some lawsuits aimed at those and I don't know if that's even an option anymore.

Senior Member Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Where was all the overly sensitive internet hoopla when Hitler killed himself?

HE WAS A HUMAN BEING TOO!

33. Thanks Nanobyte thanked for this post
    CircleJerk Elitist MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Pizza Cake Bleach Kon
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-06-2014 03:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: MissAstaire

Testing, testing, one, two, three.

WHY DO THE CAPS WORK?

Tomorrow's a new day.

Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

omg ur suhc a tirribll ppl erisd

CircleJerk Elitist MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Pizza Cake Bleach Kon
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-06-2014 03:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: MissAstaire

an ur a tirribl spllur assfaceud

Tomorrow's a new day.

Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i wel lit u on fiar fml doggie

Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The love.... it's overwhelming. *____*

39. Thanks MissAstaire thanked for this post
    Dislikes Ωmega disliked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information