AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 172

Thread: R.I.P Amanda Todd

  1. #101
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    25.19
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 09:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    22
    Threads
    49
    Posts
    3,282
    Blog Entries
    12
    AW Wallpapers
    2
    Rep Power
    967
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    Absolutely. I love elaborating.

    Well for one:

    There is a difference between actual depression and being "emo" - one is a mental illness that usually requires treatment, and one is most likely a teen who's sad because they can't go to a Justin Beiber Concert. The latter is called "disappointment" and is temporary.
    Actual Depression however, is often caused by someone being a whiny little b***h for a long period of time. I know they aren't the same in a factual sense, but I still treat them both the same. The only difference in my eyes is how long the person acts like a little B***h.

    You are calling Amanda Todd "emo", which is pretty much saying that she was being whiny over being severely depressed. This shows you do not understand depression and the causes of depression (especially in her case.) So that's one.
    she was being a whiny little girl, and that led to her "depression."


    ... I had to re-read that sentence about 5 times just to try to figure out what you were trying to say.

    No one "lets" themselves get blackmailed --- usually, they know they are. Unfortunately, Amanda Todd was 15 and unaware that flashing someone would lead to this turn of events.
    Well, each time ya read it, you appear to have read it wrong.
    All i was saying is that a picture of your boobs shouldn't be enough leverage for someone to blackmail you with. Its not that big of a deal. If someone had a picture of my gentleman's plums and said they were gonna post it unless i do whatever, i'd just post the pic myself. Just to tell that person to FO. Your life aint gonna be ruined cuz some people know what your boobs looked like when you were 15. People are so short sighted these days.

    ---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by optimusprimergrey View Post
    you know... youll never stop bullying. so why not just try to equip people with the right social and mental tools to deal with it. i feel that bullying hasnt reached a new level its pretty much the same but people are overly sensitive now because of a lack of social skills and unrealistic expectations of themselves and a skewed perception of themselves.
    except that you are not perfect except that you are flawed except that you are not the best or one of a kind. if you have already excepted your flaws then you can move on and not be bothered by others opinions of your flaws. just my opinion anyway they girl was not properly taught to deal with social situations things could have been avoided with a better foundation of social skills. my second post on here and ill probably be flamed all to heck for it.
    well normally i'd Grammar Nazi your post, but i'm just letting you know this thread really isn't about bullying...at all. More about dumb emo kids whining until they develop a level of pussiness they can no longer escape from.
    Kaleohano derailing threads everywhere he go
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

  2. Dislikes Miss Electric Moonlight disliked this post
  3. #102
    Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    5,211.11
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not Earth
    Age
    32
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,393
    Blog Entries
    304
    Rep Power
    6559

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    Actual Depression however, is often caused by someone being a whiny little b***h for a long period of time. I know they aren't the same in a factual sense, but I still treat them both the same. The only difference in my eyes is how long the person acts like a little B***h.

    she was being a whiny little girl, and that led to her "depression."
    Really? Are you actually this ignorant? gonna go with yes. Kudos at reffering to a dead girl as a B***** though. You win points.


    Well, each time ya read it, you appear to have read it wrong.
    No. I didn't read it wrong. It makes no grammatical sense:

    Its a pic of her boobs. hardly something one can should be letting themselves get blackmailed with.


    All i was saying is that a picture of your boobs shouldn't be enough leverage for someone to blackmail you with. Its not that big of a deal. If someone had a picture of my gentleman's plums and said they were gonna post it unless i do whatever, i'd just post the pic myself. Just to tell that person to FO. Your life aint gonna be ruined cuz some people know what your boobs looked like when you were 15. People are so short sighted these days.
    Well apparently, it was a big enough deal to Amanda Todd, who was a 15 year old girl (no one seems to care about her age, at all, surprisingly), who had her picture sent to her friends and family by a repugnant, sociopathic and probably pedophilic idiot who has probably done this to more than one girl. She moved from school to school, but no matter where she went, she couldn't escape the torment that followed her. Unfortunately she didn't have the life experience or maturity required to realize it was possible to get through it.

    You're also speaking as AN ADULT who knows what you would have done in that situation. Amanda Todd was not an Adult.

    I don't expect you to get how hard this would be for a girl or anyone of her age, because you have the compassion and understanding of a turnip, but just laying it down here for future reference.

    If someone had a picture of my gentleman's plums and said they were gonna post it unless i do whatever, i'd just post the pic myself
    Right, but see, you're not 15. You're also not a woman, which matters, because female sexuality - like i've said in a previous post, but of course it was ignored - is demonized, far, far greater than male sexuality.

    You see, no one cares about your "gentleman's plums" (unless they're gay men, but that's another topic entirely). Like i've also said, on chatroulette, there are tons of "gentleman's plums" everywhere, but no one refers to those men/boys as "whores". If you're a woman and show your "womanlywhathaveyou", like Amanda Todd unfortunately did, now you have to deal with a constant torrent of misogynistic rambling about how much of a {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted} this woman is and how much this, that, and this, and this is what Amanda Todd had to deal with. It's far, far different for a 15 year old girl then it would be for a near 20 year old manboychild.

    Try and let that sink in, but since you seem pretty boneheaded and clueless, I don't think it will.

    well normally i'd Grammar Nazi your post, but i'm just letting you know this thread really isn't about bullying...at all. More about dumb emo kids whining until they develop a level of pussiness they can no longer escape from.
    Please, don't be a Grammar Nazi. You'd have to learn actual grammar first, and that would be difficult for you.
    Last edited by Miss Electric Moonlight; 10-18-2012 at 11:10 AM.

  4. #103
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    25.19
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 09:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    22
    Threads
    49
    Posts
    3,282
    Blog Entries
    12
    AW Wallpapers
    2
    Rep Power
    967
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    Really? Are you actually this ignorant? gonna go with yes. Kudos at reffering to a dead girl as a B***** though. You win points.
    i scored points



    No. I didn't read it wrong. It makes no grammatical sense:

    Its a pic of her boobs. hardly something one can should be letting themselves get blackmailed with.
    It makes perfect sense, you're just not keeping up.


    Well apparently, it was a big enough deal to Amanda Todd, who was a 15 year old girl (no one seems to care about her age, at all, surprisingly), who had her picture sent to her friends and family by a repugnant, sociopathic and probably pedophilic idiot who has probably done this to more than one girl. She moved from school to school, but no matter where she went, she couldn't escape the torment that followed her. Unfortunately she didn't have the life experience or maturity required to realize it was possible to get through it.

    You're also speaking as AN ADULT who knows what you would have done in that situation. Amanda Todd was not an Adult.
    FALSE. I would have done the exact same thing when i was 15. You gotta remember that some people just aren't as sensitive as most.

    I don't expect you to get how hard this would be for a girl or anyone of her age, because you have the compassion and understanding of a turnip, but just laying it down here for future reference.
    Thats so much more than i thought i had!



    Right, but see, you're not 15. You're also not a woman, which matters, because female sexuality - like i've said in a previous post, but of course it was ignored - is demonized, far, far greater than male sexuality.

    You see, no one cares about your "gentleman's plums" (unless they're gay men, but that's another topic entirely). Like i've also said, on chatroulette, there are tons of "gentleman's plums" everywhere, but no one refers to those men/boys as "whores". If you're a woman and show your "womanlywhathaveyou", like Amanda Todd unfortunately did, now you have to deal with a constant torrent of misogynistic rambling about how much of a {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted} this woman is and how much this, that, and this, and this is what Amanda Todd had to deal with. It's far, far different for a 15 year old girl then it would be for a near 20 year old manboychild.
    The more you try to defend her, the less compassion I feel toward her. People saw her boobs. Two bags of fat, muscle, and mammary glands. Its not like people saw her twat, or like she was running around banging guys left and right before her little emo phase. No one would call her a prostitute because she flashed her boobs. You're just as dumb as she was if you honestly believe that. If people did call her that for flashing, then holy crap almost every girl i've ever met is one!

    Try and let that sink in, but since you seem pretty boneheaded and clueless, I don't think it will.
    i tried. I gave it more thought than you'd probably believe. I've discussed with my friends (not just male friends), and they all agree. Its not the picture that ruined her, its the way she acted because of it.

    Please, don't be a Grammar Nazi. You'd have to learn actual grammar first, and that would be difficult for you.
    There needs to be "Proper," between "actual" and "grammar."
    And really, the sentence would sound better rewritten as;
    "You would actually have to learn proper grammar first, and that would be difficult for you."
    Kaleohano derailing threads everywhere he go
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

  5. Dislikes Miss Electric Moonlight disliked this post
  6. #104
    ¿Donde estás, papá? Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo has a reputation beyond repute Sizary Momo's Avatar
    Gil
    7,695.06
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Fox White Ribbon
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2014 01:21 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In the snow!!!
    Age
    15
    Threads
    9
    Posts
    471
    Blog Entries
    464
    Rep Power
    287
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Boofy-Stoofy Steam ID: Sizary_Momo

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Amanda didn't deserve to die even if she flashed.In the end she was the victim so we
    should all feel sad for her loss.That is all i have to say.


    Darling you'll be ok.❤ ~Pierce The Veil

  7. #105
    Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    5,211.11
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not Earth
    Age
    32
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,393
    Blog Entries
    304
    Rep Power
    6559

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    In reference to your reputation:

    "I'm just expressing my honest opinion. Its not my fault if you women can't handle the truth of the matter and want to make a big deal out of it."


    Oh, sorry. "You women?" I didn't know it was just "women", I thought it was "us people". And did you really have to use a huge, ugly image? they don't make you look witty or intelligent, just more obnoxious.

    It makes perfect sense, you're just not keeping up.
    Sorry, "we women" have troubles with that, you know.

    And no, that's you. There is no "sense" you're making, anywhere, except for bits and pieces. I suppose that counts?

    FALSE. I would have done the exact same thing when i was 15. You gotta remember that some people just aren't as sensitive as most.
    YAY, good for you! you know what YOU would have done. How does that have anything to do with what Amanda Todd did, considering she wasn't you? you're right in that some people aren't as sensitive (you). However, it appears she was more sensitive than most (not you.)

    The more you try to defend her, the less compassion I feel toward her. People saw her boobs. Two bags of fat, muscle, and mammary glands. Its not like people saw her twat, or like she was running around banging guys left and right before her little emo phase. No one would call her a prostitute because she flashed her boobs. You're just as dumb as she was if you honestly believe that. If people did call her that for flashing, then holy crap almost every girl i've ever met is one!
    Right, you're still not getting it (or not "keeping up" as you claim I haven't been doing), so let's break it down into simple terms:

    Yes, you're right in that it was just a picture, and yes, most people know what boobs look like. However, that is not the point. It is not just the picture.

    IT IS THE CONSTANT ABUSE AND TORMENT THAT SHE SUFFERED FROM THE PEOPLE AROUND HER.

    The more you try to defend her, the less compassion I feel toward her.
    Wouldn't that imply you had some compassion in the first place? can you really decrease your compassion from zero ... to zero? what is it now, minus zero? not sure, but I think that's mathematically impossible.

    No one would call her a prostitute because she flashed her boobs. You're just as dumb as she was if you honestly believe that.
    Where did I use the word "prostitute"? and no, I was refering to the torrent of abuse on basically every social media site ever (including youtube), who still, even after her death, refer to her as "stupid {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted}" or, as you did, "whiny b****", stupid etc, etc.

    i tried. I gave it more thought than you'd probably believe. I've discussed with my friends (not just male friends), and they all agree. Its not the picture that ruined her, its the way she acted because of it.
    Right, so then answer me this; even though she was misguided and it was her, and ultimately just her who chose to kill herself, why is the person who blackmailed her into webcamming with him and also the one who shared her image, not to blame also?

    There needs to be "Proper," between "actual" and "grammar."
    Semantics.
    Last edited by Miss Electric Moonlight; 10-18-2012 at 12:13 PM.

  8. #106
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    25.19
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 09:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    22
    Threads
    49
    Posts
    3,282
    Blog Entries
    12
    AW Wallpapers
    2
    Rep Power
    967
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    In reference to your reputation:

    "I'm just expressing my honest opinion. Its not my fault if you women can't handle the truth of the matter and want to make a big deal out of it."


    Oh, sorry. "You women?" I didn't know it was just "women", I thought it was "us people". And did you really have to use a huge, ugly image? they don't make you look witty or intelligent, just more obnoxious.
    yes, you women. Its a fact that women tend to be more emotional than men.



    Sorry, "we women" have troubles with that, you know.
    Hence, the reason i mentioned it

    And no, that's you. There is no "sense" you're making, anywhere, except for bits and pieces. I suppose that counts?
    its not my fault if you can't put the bits and pieces together properly.


    YAY, good for you! you know what YOU would have done. How does that have anything to do with what Amanda Todd did, considering she wasn't you? you're right in that some people aren't as sensitive (you). However, it appears she was more sensitive than most (not you.)
    If she had been like me, she's be happy and alive right now. I can't make assumptions about how other people would act, the only person i understand enough to make a comparison like that is myself. So who, or what else am i supposed to compare her to?


    Right, you're still not getting it (or not "keeping up" as you claim I haven't been doing), so let's break it down into simple terms:

    Yes, you're right in that it was just a picture, and yes, most people know what boobs look like. However, that is not the point. It is not just the picture.

    IT IS THE CONSTANT ABUSE AND TORMENT THAT SHE SUFFERED FROM THE PEOPLE AROUND HER.
    had she not been so obviously depressed by it, had she stood up to the people, admitted publicly that she made a mistake and was ready to leave it behind. She could have recovered. Not saying that it'll just suddenly vanish, but people would start to lose interest once they realize it doesn't affect her anymore. Instead, she went into drugs, closed herself off from others, and boned a dude already in a relationship. She tried running from the problem rather than dealing with it. And then it all turned into melodrama.
    No one wanted to be her friend. FALSE. she probably locked others out. This thread is enough to prove how many people support her. Do you honestly think that not a single person tried to be there for her?
    Boned a dude in a relationship. I'd love to hear a good excuse for that one. I'm quite the insensitive bastard, but i've never played around with a girl who's already in a relationship (at least as far as i know lol).
    Drugs? She's 15. 70%+ of teenagers experiment with drugs anyways. I'm no exception. But she just used this as an excuse and to gain more sympathy.


    Wouldn't that imply you had some compassion in the first place? can you really decrease your compassion from zero ... to zero? what is it now, minus zero? not sure, but I think that's mathematically impossible.
    My compassion was more with the family who lost a daughter because of this. And the fact that this is becoming more and more common. As for the mathematical "impossibility," its simply called negative numbers. And going into the negatives would mean supporting her death. I may be heartless, but i'm not deranged.

    Where did I use the word "prostitute"?
    twice in here
    You see, no one cares about your "gentleman's plums" (unless they're gay men, but that's another topic entirely). Like i've also said, on chatroulette, there are tons of "gentleman's plums" everywhere, but no one refers to those men/boys as "whores". If you're a woman and show your "womanlywhathaveyou", like Amanda Todd unfortunately did, now you have to deal with a constant torrent of misogynistic rambling about how much of a {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted} this woman is and how much this, that, and this, and this is what Amanda Todd had to deal with. It's far, far different for a 15 year old girl then it would be for a near 20 year old manboychild.
    but the word you used got censored. so i substituted a word that would not get censored.

    and no, I was refering to the torrent of abuse on basically every social media site ever (including youtube), who still, even after her death, refer to her as "stupid {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted}" or, as you did, "whiny b****", stupid etc, etc.
    If Amanda Todd was instead Adam Todd. And this boy flashed his wee-wee and then all these same exact things happened to him, people would be calling him the same names they called her.


    Right, so then answer me this; even though she was misguided and it was her, and ultimately just her who chose to kill herself, why is the person who blackmailed her into webcamming with him and also the one who shared her image, not to blame also?
    Never once did i say that i approve of anything he did (Just getting that out there). I say Amandas death is her own fault. However, this guy is to blame for setting her on a path that (looking back now), she was clearly unable to handle. So he is partially to blame. The reason i don't mention him is because this thread isn't about him. Its about her suicide. He placed the seeds, but Amanda is the one who watered them.


    Semantics.
    this actually made me lol
    Kaleohano derailing threads everywhere he go
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

  9. #107
    Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    5,211.11
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not Earth
    Age
    32
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,393
    Blog Entries
    304
    Rep Power
    6559

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    yes, you women. Its a fact that women tend to be more emotional than men.
    Can you cite your source of this fact? (I suspect no, because it's not a fact, and instead just misogynistic bs.)

    I'm a nice balance of sensitive enough to not be a douche, and logical enough to know what i'm doing. So nope, not really a "fact" (something that can be proven with solid evidence), more of an over-generalization of an entire gender, like "all men are dogs" (not true), or "all people of a certain skin color act this way" (also not true.) You could say it's an "opinion" (you hold the belief that all women are a certain way on the basis that they are women), which would make more sense. Fact, not so much.

    its not my fault if you can't put the bits and pieces together properly.
    I did, dear - where i've agreed with you more than once, and you must have missed it due to your lack of reading comprehension.

    had she not been so obviously depressed by it, had she stood up to the people, admitted publicly that she made a mistake and was ready to leave it behind. She could have recovered. Not saying that it'll just suddenly vanish, but people would start to lose interest once they realize it doesn't affect her anymore. Instead, she went into drugs, closed herself off from others, and boned a dude already in a relationship. She tried running from the problem rather than dealing with it. And then it all turned into melodrama.
    Correct, only she didn't do this. So, she deserves to be cast into oblivion just because she made the wrong choices?

    No one wanted to be her friend. FALSE. she probably locked others out. This thread is enough to prove how many people support her. Do you honestly think that not a single person tried to be there for her?
    Boned a dude in a relationship. I'd love to hear a good excuse for that one. I'm quite the insensitive bastard, but i've never played around with a girl who's already in a relationship (at least as far as i know lol).
    Drugs? She's 15. 70%+ of teenagers experiment with drugs anyways. I'm no exception. But she just used this as an excuse and to gain more sympathy.
    She's a young girl who made all the wrong choices, this is true. However to expect a 15 year old to make all the right choices 100% of the time is ridiculous. Even adults are capable of making all the wrong choices.

    My compassion was more with the family who lost a daughter because of this. And the fact that this is becoming more and more common. As for the mathematical "impossibility," its simply called negative numbers. And going into the negatives would mean supporting her death. I may be heartless, but i'm not deranged.
    Right, but in math, zero cannot be negative or positive. It's just zero.

    And if you're heartless, what's stopping you from being deranged? i'm not saying you are deranged or heartless, but it's usually deranged people that tend to be heartless ...

    If Amanda Todd was instead Adam Todd. And this boy flashed his wee-wee and then all these same exact things happened to him, people would be calling him the same names they called her.
    Somehow, I find that hard to believe. Can you prove this?
    Last edited by Miss Electric Moonlight; 10-18-2012 at 01:08 PM.

  10. #108
    Level: 4 Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    96,072.37
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 12:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    433
    Posts
    8,372
    Blog Entries
    99
    Rep Power
    8148
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    yes, you women. Its a fact that women tend to be more emotional than men.
    Not to butt in, but you realize how sexist that one post sounds?
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Just my moe service to all of AF~

  11. Thanks Miss Electric Moonlight thanked for this post
  12. #109
    Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    5,211.11
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not Earth
    Age
    32
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,393
    Blog Entries
    304
    Rep Power
    6559

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by Kagami Sama View Post
    Not to butt in, but you realize how sexist that one post sounds?
    I suspect he does, but doesn't care, because he's proud to be a misogynist. He thinks it makes him look witty, cool and intelligent. Unfortunately, little does he know it doesn't.

    But remember, it's a "fact" that he most likely cannot prove due to it not actually being a "fact", and more of a biased opinion. I find it amusing when people confuse "facts" with their own opinions. It's fun to watch them try and prove something that can't really be proven with absolute certainty.
    Last edited by Miss Electric Moonlight; 10-18-2012 at 01:24 PM.

  13. #110
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    25.19
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 09:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    22
    Threads
    49
    Posts
    3,282
    Blog Entries
    12
    AW Wallpapers
    2
    Rep Power
    967
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by Kagami Sama View Post
    Not to butt in, but you realize how sexist that one post sounds?
    its just an observation. Cant blame me for pointing out a simple fact that everyone is aware of, they just don't say it out loud.

    ---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    I suspect he does, but doesn't care, because he's proud to be a misogynist. He thinks it makes him look witty, cool and intelligent. Unfortunately, little does he know it doesn't.

    But remember, it's a "fact" that he most likely cannot prove due to it not actually being a "fact", and more of a biased opinion. I find it amusing when people confuse "facts" with their own opinions. It's fun to watch them try and prove something that can't really be proven with absolute certainty.
    you're just gonna ignore anything i say, so why not bring up some studies on the subject?

    "The real difference in emotion between the sexes might lie in emotional intelligence rather than feelings of anger, sadness or depression. Scientists consistently find that women possess higher levels of emotional intelligence than men, characterized by a sense of empathy and understanding of others' emotions. In 1995, researchers in Scandinavia discovered that women were better equipped to not only detect, but also mirror, the emotions of others [source: Simon-Thomas]. A similar study in 2003 found that women identified and truly experienced the emotions of others, demonstrating superior levels of empathy to those exhibited by men.

    Instead of experiencing the emotions of others, the men in these studies simply recognized these emotions, and then started searching for solutions. The rational parts of their brains trumped emotion, with men switching into problem-solving mode as the women empathized.

    This difference in emotional intelligence may actually prove beneficial to mankind. This sense of empathy allows women to fulfill their nurturing roles: The woman acts as a support system to friends and family. The ability to avoid experiencing the emotions of others allows men to focus on the problem at hand, seeking solutions and taking active roles in resolving issues. These differences in how men and women handle emotions can also help you choose the most effective source of help when you have a problem. If you want a sympathetic ear, talk to a female friend. For active solutions, talk to a man, but don't get upset if he appears to downplay how you feel."

    every study on the subject that you look up will say the same thing.
    Women = Emotional
    Men = Rational
    Kaleohano derailing threads everywhere he go
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

  14. #111
    Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    5,211.11
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not Earth
    Age
    32
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,393
    Blog Entries
    304
    Rep Power
    6559

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    its just an observation. Cant blame me for pointing out a simple fact that everyone is aware of, they just don't say it out loud.
    I also asked if you could cite this "fact", and considering you've ignored that request entirely, i'm going to assume no, you cannot. As I thought. Hehehe. (Edit: just saw your new reply.)


    (Also: faulty assumption to assume that everyone is as sexist and as misinformed as you are. Don't do that.)

    ---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

    you're just gonna ignore anything i say, so why not bring up some studies on the subject?
    I don't think i've ignored anything you've said, though.

    "The real difference in emotion between the sexes might lie in emotional intelligence rather than feelings of anger, sadness or depression. Scientists consistently find that women possess higher levels of emotional intelligence than men, characterized by a sense of empathy and understanding of others' emotions. In 1995, researchers in Scandinavia discovered that women were better equipped to not only detect, but also mirror, the emotions of others [source: Simon-Thomas]. A similar study in 2003 found that women identified and truly experienced the emotions of others, demonstrating superior levels of empathy to those exhibited by men.

    Instead of experiencing the emotions of others, the men in these studies simply recognized these emotions, and then started searching for solutions. The rational parts of their brains trumped emotion, with men switching into problem-solving mode as the women empathized.

    This difference in emotional intelligence may actually prove beneficial to mankind. This sense of empathy allows women to fulfill their nurturing roles: The woman acts as a support system to friends and family. The ability to avoid experiencing the emotions of others allows men to focus on the problem at hand, seeking solutions and taking active roles in resolving issues. These differences in how men and women handle emotions can also help you choose the most effective source of help when you have a problem. If you want a sympathetic ear, talk to a female friend. For active solutions, talk to a man, but don't get upset if he appears to downplay how you feel."

    every study on the subject that you look up will say the same thing.
    Women = Emotional
    Men = Rational
    Because women are not capable of active solutions. Seems legit.

    AND REALLY? EVERY study anywhere in the universe that I look up will say the exact same thing? amazing! I admire your random googling "this will do" cut-and-paste skills.

    Not a study, but a good gathering of opinions:

    http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/6...al-than-women/

    See, not everyone is as misogynistic as you. Most, but not quite all.

    and lol at you "citing" a biased study for your own biased opinion which doesn't count for the differences in personality and the fact that NOT ALL WOMEN HAVE LARGE AMOUNTS OF EMPATHY, AND ARE THEREFORE NOT AS SENSITIVE. Hence why some women are not good caregivers or mothers, and some women are psychopaths without any empathy for anyone whatsoever (including their own children). "But it's on the internet/in a book! it must be true, for serious."

    However, this amazing study doesn't quite explain how i'm able to be rational. Isn't that weird?
    Last edited by Miss Electric Moonlight; 10-18-2012 at 01:58 PM.

  15. #112
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    25.19
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 09:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    22
    Threads
    49
    Posts
    3,282
    Blog Entries
    12
    AW Wallpapers
    2
    Rep Power
    967
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    I also asked if you could cite this "fact", and considering you've ignored that request entirely, i'm going to assume no, you cannot. As I thought. Hehehe. (Edit: just saw your new reply.)
    lol my bad
    Self-esteem Study
    and this http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ntelligent-men

    ---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    and lol at you "citing" a biased study for your own biased opinion which doesn't count for the differences in personality and the fact that NOT ALL WOMEN HAVE LARGE AMOUNTS OF EMPATHY, AND ARE THEREFORE NOT AS SENSITIVE. Hence why some women are not good caregivers or mothers, and some women are psychopaths without any empathy for anyone whatsoever (including their own children). "But it's on the internet/in a book! it must be true, for serious."

    However, this amazing study doesn't quite explain how i'm able to be rational. Isn't that weird?
    Typical woman. Getting all emotional about this. How ironic.
    You're perfectly capable of rational thought. Just not as capable as me...or at least not as willing. So far, you haven't even given a single solution to the situation Amanda was in. All you've done was try to make me feel sorry for her.
    What have i done? Given a solution. Tell the blackmailing guy to FO and move on. How does she move on?
    1. don't block others out
    2. Make peace with your mistakes
    3. Be less emotional

    I've presented options. You've sat there and complained about me being insensitive.
    You = emotional
    Me = rational

    goat remember that when it gets to human behavior, there is nothing that is concrete. Its always in a general sense. There will always be some who break off from the norm. I figured that you were rational enough to realize that, but you got all emotional and assumed that i was saying that guys ALWAYS do things one way and girls ALWAYS do things the other way.
    I'll keep in mind that YOU are an extremely stereotypical woman.

    ---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    and lol at you "citing" a biased study for your own biased opinion
    Before i forget, that "biased" article i posted, was written by a woman.

    anyways, i've got business to attend to. But i'll be back later. Buh-bye
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 10-18-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    Kaleohano derailing threads everywhere he go
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

  16. #113
    Senior Member Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur's Avatar
    Gil
    5,707.62
    Gender
    My Mood
    In Love
    Gifts Be Mine Soras Keyblade Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2014 01:11 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Threads
    23
    Posts
    296
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    233
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Nickasaur PSN ID: Cloudynick Steam ID: xSykesx

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    He Puts this in a good way. @blood blitz

  17. #114
    Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    5,211.11
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not Earth
    Age
    32
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,393
    Blog Entries
    304
    Rep Power
    6559

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Typical woman. Getting all emotional about this. How ironic.
    Lol, don't confuse my logical reasoning and analysis with emotion. My use of bold and ALL CAPS was emphasis for you, not me.

    You're perfectly capable of rational thought. Just not as capable as me...or at least not as willing.
    Yea, no. You have zero idea of what i'm capable of. Sorry.

    So far, you haven't even given a single solution to the situation Amanda was in. All you've done was try to make me feel sorry for her.
    No one can make you "feel sorry" for someone else. And, being as since you're not seemingly capable of compassion anyway, how would I do that?

    And really? i've analyzed the situation from multiple view points. You've just called her a "whiny emo b****".

    Is that your solution?

    What have i done? Given a solution. Tell the blackmailing guy to FO and move on. How does she move on?
    1. don't block others out
    2. Make peace with your mistakes
    3. Be less emotional
    Right, all good advice. If she were alive.

    I've presented options. You've sat there and complained about me being insensitive.
    You = emotional
    Me = rational
    You've presented misogynistic rambling with little basis in reality, and options only helpful for a person who actually exists.

    goat remember that when it gets to human behavior, there is nothing that is concrete. Its always in a general sense. There will always be some who break off from the norm. I figured that you were rational enough to realize that, but you got all emotional and assumed that i was saying that guys ALWAYS do things one way and girls ALWAYS do things the other way.
    Because it's true. There are double standards for both sexes. As a highly rational manboy, shouldn't you already know that?

    I'll keep in mind that YOU are an extremely stereotypical woman.
    Okay! and i'll keep in mind that you're an misogynistic doucheballoon who relies on stereotypes to relate to women. (If you don't know what "misogynistic" means, google is your friend. I am sure you know what "douche" means, though, so that should be easy.)
    Last edited by Miss Electric Moonlight; 10-18-2012 at 05:56 PM.

  18. #115
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    25.19
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 09:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    22
    Threads
    49
    Posts
    3,282
    Blog Entries
    12
    AW Wallpapers
    2
    Rep Power
    967
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    Lol, don't confuse my logical reasoning and analysis with emotion. My use of bold and ALL CAPS was emphasis for you, not me.
    you're logical reasoning and analysis. You're so funny. lol
    but you're sweet for trying to make me laugh.

    Yea, no. You have zero idea of what i'm capable of. Sorry.
    then how about showing me? The only way i can gauge what you're capable of is by what you're writing here. So far, i'm not what you'd call impressed.


    No one can make you "feel sorry" for someone else. And, being as since you're not seemingly capable of compassion anyway, how would I do that?
    good question, I'm honestly not sure how you'd manage to do that. Now let me ask you this, if you're well aware that you're not gonna accomplish anything by continuing this conversation, why are you still going on with it? Why not just ignore me? Is it that emotional side of you thats so filled pride that you have to have the last word? Do you feel that its your duty to make me feel some sort of compassion for this girl? What is your reason for this whole back and forth conversation.

    Before you ask me what my reason, i'll tell you. I'm enjoying the fact that you are doing nothing but reenforcing stereotypes.
    Heres me looking at what the problem is, not giving two s**ts about how that girl felt, and theres you, full of compassion and caring just sitting there and feeling sorry for her, rather than figure out what needs to be done to ensure a case like hers doesn't repeat.

    And really? i've analyzed the situation from multiple view points. You've just called her a "whiny emo b****".
    and in just doing that, i'm already one step ahead of you. I've identified the problem. You, have not.



    Right, all good advice. If she were alive.
    She's dead and gone. The advice is not for her. No point in presenting her with any advice. All anyone can do at this point, is try to prevent future instances like hers.


    You've presented misogynistic rambling with little basis in reality, and options only helpful for a person who actually exists.
    lol yeah. whatever you say.

    Because it's true. There are double standards for both sexes. As a highly rational manboy, shouldn't you already know that?
    what exactly does that have to do with what i wrote?
    I just said things were not 100% black and white (same as you), and now you're saying that things are black and white. make up your mind! or am i reading something wrong.


    Okay! and i'll keep in mind that you're an misogynistic doucheballoon who relies on stereotypes to relate to women. (If you don't know what "misogynistic" means, google is your friend. I am sure you know what "douche" means, though, so that should be easy.)
    you're so emotional. lol
    like i said, you're doing nothing to disprove the studies i've presented.
    Kaleohano derailing threads everywhere he go
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

  19. #116
    Level: 4 Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    96,072.37
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 12:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    433
    Posts
    8,372
    Blog Entries
    99
    Rep Power
    8148
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    its just an observation. Cant blame me for pointing out a simple fact that everyone is aware of, they just don't say it out loud.

    ---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------



    you're just gonna ignore anything i say, so why not bring up some studies on the subject?

    "The real difference in emotion between the sexes might lie in emotional intelligence rather than feelings of anger, sadness or depression. Scientists consistently find that women possess higher levels of emotional intelligence than men, characterized by a sense of empathy and understanding of others' emotions. In 1995, researchers in Scandinavia discovered that women were better equipped to not only detect, but also mirror, the emotions of others [source: Simon-Thomas]. A similar study in 2003 found that women identified and truly experienced the emotions of others, demonstrating superior levels of empathy to those exhibited by men.

    Instead of experiencing the emotions of others, the men in these studies simply recognized these emotions, and then started searching for solutions. The rational parts of their brains trumped emotion, with men switching into problem-solving mode as the women empathized.

    This difference in emotional intelligence may actually prove beneficial to mankind. This sense of empathy allows women to fulfill their nurturing roles: The woman acts as a support system to friends and family. The ability to avoid experiencing the emotions of others allows men to focus on the problem at hand, seeking solutions and taking active roles in resolving issues. These differences in how men and women handle emotions can also help you choose the most effective source of help when you have a problem. If you want a sympathetic ear, talk to a female friend. For active solutions, talk to a man, but don't get upset if he appears to downplay how you feel."

    every study on the subject that you look up will say the same thing.
    Women = Emotional
    Men = Rational
    Ohh okay I get it. You're sexist. Maybe if a man explains it you might actually drop the sexist talk and realize how dumb you sound. Now truth, some of the things you say I can slightly agree with.. but I can't even say how many unrational weepy weak men I've met and how many strong rational women I've met in my time. Heck I've met more pathetic emotional men than woman, no offense to either gender. Stating these "facts"... isn't what makes you sexist.. its how you talk about women and how you treat the situation that does. "Typical woman" is just one of many examples. Maybe you're not sexist.. I guess I won't assume.. but it just comes off as that. Though its the internet so you can say anything without fear of backlash.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Just my moe service to all of AF~

  20. Thanks Miss Electric Moonlight thanked for this post
  21. #117
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    25.19
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 09:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    22
    Threads
    49
    Posts
    3,282
    Blog Entries
    12
    AW Wallpapers
    2
    Rep Power
    967
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by Kagami Sama View Post
    Ohh okay I get it. You're sexist. Maybe if a man explains it you might actually drop the sexist talk and realize how dumb you sound. Now truth, some of the things you say I can slightly agree with.. but I can't even say how many unrational weepy weak men I've met and how many strong rational women I've met in my time. Heck I've met more pathetic emotional men than woman, no offense to either gender. Stating these "facts"... isn't what makes you sexist.. its how you talk about women and how you treat the situation that does. "Typical woman" is just one of many examples. Maybe you're not sexist.. I guess I won't assume.. but it just comes off as that. Though its the internet so you can say anything without fear of backlash.
    How many times have you heard a girl say "Typical Guy," yet no one calls them sexist for that?
    And believe you me, i'd say the exact same thing if i were face to face with you and MissM
    Kaleohano derailing threads everywhere he go
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

  22. #118
    Banned Forum / Chat MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan's Avatar
    Gil
    347.75
    Gender
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2013 06:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Threads
    61
    Posts
    210
    Blog Entries
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Who's Amanda Todd?

  23. Dislikes galaco disliked this post
  24. #119
    Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    5,211.11
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not Earth
    Age
    32
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,393
    Blog Entries
    304
    Rep Power
    6559

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Before you ask me what my reason, i'll tell you. I'm enjoying
    the fact that you are doing nothing but reenforcing
    stereotypes.
    Um. You're re-enforcing the stereotypes by using them .... you know that right? that's your issue, not mine. I am not the one saying all people of a certain group are exactly the same; that's you.

    Stereotypes you've used so far (paraphrasing):

    1. All women are the same way, emotional and not rational
    2. Then, backpeddling, saying women are capable of being rational,
    just not as "much" as men

    Do you know how stereotypes work, right? they are built on over-generalizations, just like you're using.

    Heres me looking at what the problem is, not giving two s**ts
    about how that girl felt, and theres you, full of compassion and
    caring just sitting there and feeling sorry for her, rather than
    figure out what needs to be done to ensure a case like hers doesn't
    repeat.
    full of compassion and caring just sitting there and feeling
    sorry for her
    You make being a decent person sound like a bad thing. You should try it some time.


    then how about showing me? The only way i can gauge what you're
    capable of is by what you're writing here. So far, i'm not what you'd
    call impressed.
    Where have you been the last couple of posts? also, i'm not here to impress you. This is a debate. Thought that much was obvious.

    good question, I'm honestly not sure how you'd manage to do
    that. Now let me ask you this, if you're well aware that you're not
    gonna accomplish anything by continuing this conversation, why are you
    still going on with it? Why not just ignore me? Is it that emotional
    side of you thats so filled pride that you have to have the last word?
    Do you feel that its your duty to make me feel some sort of compassion
    for this girl? What is your reason for this whole back and forth
    conversation.
    Like i've said above, this is a forum and this is a debate thread. I could ask you why you don't just ignore me, but I suspect it's for the same reason that you're accusing me of; pride.

    rather than figure out what needs to be done to ensure a case
    like hers doesn't repeat.
    If you had any insight at all, you'd know that understanding of the issue - of bullying in general - is required to make sure that the issue doesn't repeat. I thought that was obviously laid out.

    And if you don't care, why would you be interested in making sure it
    doesn't repeat? you wouldn't. So, trying to sound like a hero much?

    and in just doing that, i'm already one step ahead of you. I've
    identified the problem. You, have not.
    I believe that you believe that.

    lol yeah. whatever you say.
    "lol yea whateverz" is about the response i'd expect from someone who probably doesn't know what "misogynistic" means. But since you're not denying it, I can only assume you know you are and are okay with it. Bigotry is so cool.


    you're so emotional. lol
    like i said, you're doing nothing to disprove the studies i've presented.
    only I did, citing certain examples that not all women are
    emotional creatures, based on your "source" which says that all women
    are maternal and therefore good caretakers (untrue), and also using
    examples that some women are psychopaths (lacking empathy and
    therefore being far less emotional.)

    Did you miss that part? if you're going to selectively read, don't bother.
    Last edited by Miss Electric Moonlight; 10-18-2012 at 07:19 PM.

  25. #120
    Member optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey is a splendid one to behold optimusprimergrey's Avatar
    Gil
    506.17
    Gender
    My Mood
    Bored
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu 004 - Charmander
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2012 11:37 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Threads
    6
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Lol...

  26. #121
    Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    5,211.11
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not Earth
    Age
    32
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,393
    Blog Entries
    304
    Rep Power
    6559

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by Kagami Sama View Post
    Ohh okay I get it. You're sexist. Maybe if a man explains it you might actually drop the sexist talk and realize how dumb you sound. Now truth, some of the things you say I can slightly agree with.. but I can't even say how many unrational weepy weak men I've met and how many strong rational women I've met in my time. Heck I've met more pathetic emotional men than woman, no offense to either gender. Stating these "facts"... isn't what makes you sexist.. its how you talk about women and how you treat the situation that does. "Typical woman" is just one of many examples. Maybe you're not sexist.. I guess I won't assume.. but it just comes off as that. Though its the internet so you can say anything without fear of backlash.
    The way people act online is the unfiltered version of who they usually are (not always, but generally in debates such as this; true character seems to come out, unless they're just a lame troll for funsies), but anyway - it's obvious that Kaleohano has issues with women and that is reflecting here. (As it did in another thread where he was irrationally! (how's that for irony?) afraid that all gay men were going to suddenly hit on him.) Misogyny and homophobia are closely interlinked, and it's unfortunate that even in 2012, people still view everything in the world through the lens of gender and sex.

    In some ways, it's unavoidable because gender and sex are important. However, in discussions such as these, it doesn't really make for a crystal-clear world view, and not really an interesting debate.
    Last edited by Miss Electric Moonlight; 10-18-2012 at 07:47 PM.

  27. Thanks Yoko Littner thanked for this post
  28. #122
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    25.19
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 09:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    22
    Threads
    49
    Posts
    3,282
    Blog Entries
    12
    AW Wallpapers
    2
    Rep Power
    967
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    1. All women are the same way, emotional and not rational
    2. Then, backpeddling, saying women are capable of being rational,
    just not as "much" as men
    I've already explained my view quite well. Not gonna repeat it.

    Do you know how stereotypes work, right? they are built on over-generalizations, just like you're using.
    And do you know where stereotypes come from, right? Studies and Observations. Many stereotypes are completely false. But there are also many that Hold some truth.


    You make being a decent person sound like a bad thing. You should try it some time.
    No, just saying that compassion needs to end at some point and the issue needs to be addressed. So far, you have failed to do so.


    Like i've said above, this is a forum and this is a debate thread. I could ask you why you don't just ignore me, but I suspect it's for the same reason that you're accusing me of; pride.
    In a debate, each side has a goal. I can think of two that i'm now trying to get across;
    1. Adress the issue at hand and solve it.
    2. Show how your compassion is hindering from doing so (The fact that you're a woman just makes it funny for me).

    What is your goal in this debate? You completely ignored my question.


    And if you don't care, why would you be interested in making sure it
    doesn't repeat? you wouldn't. So, trying to sound like a hero much?
    I don't care about the individual Amanda Todd. That deasnt mean i don't wish to solve the issues. If no one was affected by the suicide of these kids, i wouldn't give the slightest bit of a damn about this issue. Its the way them killing themselves affects others like their families that annoys me. No one should have to suffer because these kids are such wimps.


    I believe that you believe that.
    prove me wrong.


    "lol yea whateverz" is about the response i'd expect from someone who probably doesn't know what "misogynistic" means. But since you're not denying it, I can only assume you know you are and are okay with it. Bigotry is so cool.
    You're really proud of that word, aren't you? lol
    i don't have any hatred toward women. I love them, why would i peruse sex with something that i hated? And without women, how would i survive? I'd starve to death without someone making me sandwiches. And my uniform would look terrible without someone to Iron it. Not to mention that my clothes would stink because no one would be coin the laundry. My house would never be clean, the toilet wouldn't get scrubbed, i'd have to walk to the gas station when my car runs out of gas. Light my own cigarettes... gosh, life would be terrible without you guys.

    There, now i'm being sexist. Problem?


    only I did, citing certain examples that not all women are
    emotional creatures, based on your "source" which says that all women
    are maternal and therefore good caretakers (untrue), and also using
    examples that some women are psychopaths (lacking empathy and
    therefore being far less emotional.)
    you haven't cited anything, you just made those statements.
    also, you didn't seem to actually read the links i posted.
    Kaleohano derailing threads everywhere he go
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

  29. #123
    Level: 4 Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    96,072.37
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 12:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    433
    Posts
    8,372
    Blog Entries
    99
    Rep Power
    8148
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    How many times have you heard a girl say "Typical Guy," yet no one calls them sexist for that?
    And believe you me, i'd say the exact same thing if i were face to face with you and MissM
    I have heard it, plenty times. Pity too. But that doesn't give you any reason to do the same exact thing. I see no reason talking down to women or men alike. I can nod and accept your opinion, but not respect how you worded it.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Just my moe service to all of AF~

  30. #124
    Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    5,211.11
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not Earth
    Age
    32
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,393
    Blog Entries
    304
    Rep Power
    6559

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    I've already explained my view quite well. Not gonna repeat it.
    By all means, please don't.

    And do you know where stereotypes come from, right? Studies and Observations. Many stereotypes are completely false. But there are also many that Hold some truth.
    So, you admit to re-enforcing them in this thread, then. Good to know. And since the ones you hold for me and the female gender at the ones you believe to be true, which ones do you think are false?

    Also, repeating "you're so emotional" over and over and focusing on my gender as a basis for your argument is not leading you anywhere. Yes, we get that you're a sexist person who believes women are inferior to men. That much is clear. What is it adding to the discussion other than ... nothing?

    No, just saying that compassion needs to end at some point and the issue needs to be addressed. So far, you have failed to do so.
    I suppose it's difficult for me to do so when half of your posts are attacking me personally and not "addressing the issue".

    In a debate, each side has a goal. I can think of two that i'm now trying to get across;
    1. Adress the issue at hand and solve it.
    2. Show how your compassion is hindering from doing so (The fact that you're a woman just makes it funny for me)
    Ah, so close. I was about to 100% agree with all your points above, but I suppose you just couldn't resist adding in just one more sexist comment ... really, they are chaff and add nothing to the argument. You do not need to repeatedly cement the fact that you find debating with women amusing because you have issues with women. I get that you're using the "you're so emotional!" thing over and over as a tactic to get me to respond in the way you say all women should respond (emotionally), and then are trying to use it prove your point that all women are as you say they are, however, that isn't really going to work in your favor, at least not the way you expect it to. Don't assume so much. Onto the next point.



    What is your goal in this debate? You completely ignored my question.

    Well, before you came in with your misogynistic diatribe and derailed the entire topic into one huge personal attack against me, it was simply sharing my opinions on the matter.

    I don't care about the individual Amanda Todd. That deasnt mean i don't wish to solve the issues. If no one was affected by the suicide of these kids, i wouldn't give the slightest bit of a damn about this issue. Its the way them killing themselves affects others like their families that annoys me. No one should have to suffer because these kids are such wimps.

    And that's fine. No one has to care about Amanda Todd, or anyone who commits suicide. However, just because compassion and care are not required, it does not mean that they do not exist.


    You're really proud of that word, aren't you? lol
    Probably about as proud as you are of commenting "I'm arguing with a woman on the internets! she's a woman so see she's super emotional because she's a woman lolol" in every one of your responses to me.

    i don't have any hatred toward women. I love them, why would i peruse sex with something that i hated? And without women, how would i survive? I'd starve to death without someone making me sandwiches. And my uniform would look terrible without someone to Iron it. Not to mention that my clothes would stink because no one would be coin the laundry. My house would never be clean, the toilet wouldn't get scrubbed, i'd have to walk to the gas station when my car runs out of gas. Light my own cigarettes... gosh, life would be terrible without you guys.

    There, now i'm being sexist. Problem?
    Well, not going to dignify much of that with a long response, because you seem to be very set in a middle-school mindset where sexist jokes are still funny and under the impression that they add to the debate, which they do not.

    Except for to say - you can still do nice things for women and still hold sexist ideas about them. You do not really have to "hate" them. I'm waiting for you to break out the "i'm not racist, I have black friends!" and "I'm not homophobic, I said hello to a gay man once" thing. You're on that line of reasoning and have been so far.

    you haven't cited anything, you just made those statements.
    also, you didn't seem to actually read the links i posted.

    I read them, I haven't had a chance to respond to them in depth.
    Last edited by Miss Electric Moonlight; 10-18-2012 at 08:59 PM.

  31. #125
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    25.19
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2014 09:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    22
    Threads
    49
    Posts
    3,282
    Blog Entries
    12
    AW Wallpapers
    2
    Rep Power
    967
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

    Default Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    So, you admit to re-enforcing them in this thread, then. Good to know. And since the ones you hold for me and the female gender at the ones you believe to be true, which ones do you think are false?
    Asians being bad drivers. Definitely false. All you gotta do is watch Formula D for that one.

    Also, repeating "you're so emotional" over and over and focusing on my gender as a basis for your argument is not leading you anywhere. Yes, we get that you're a sexist person who believes women are inferior to men. That much is clear. What is it adding to the discussion other than ... nothing?
    Calling me sexist over and over again has the exact same effect sweetie.


    I suppose it's difficult for me to do so when half of your posts are attacking me personally and not "addressing the issue".
    I started out talking about women in general. You made the subject focus on you when you used yourself as an example to try and sip rove me. So you brought that on yourself.

    Ah, so close. I was about to 100% agree with all your points above, but I suppose you just couldn't resist adding in just one more sexist comment ... really, they are chaff and add nothing to the argument. You do not need to repeatedly cement the fact that you find debating with women amusing because you have issues with women. I get that you're using the "you're so emotional!" thing over and over as a tactic to get me to respond in the way you say all women should respond (emotionally), and then are trying to use it prove your point that all women are as you say they are, however, that isn't really going to work in your favor, at least not the way you expect it to. Don't assume so much. Onto the next point.
    So, you not liking the words i use is enough for you to completely ignore the meaningful part of the argument? That shows an utter lack of rational thought.
    heres the rational way to respond to what i said (going off of your comment).
    "As reluctant as i am to agree with you, what you said is true. I agree with those two points. However, that last sexist part you added was completely inappropriate and added nothing to what you said. [Insert whatever else you want to say]"
    But no, you let your emotions get in the way, and said "Well that last part was rude, so now i'm just gonna ignore what you said!"


    Well, before you came in with your misogynistic diatribe and derailed the entire topic into one huge personal attack against me, it was simply sharing my opinions on the matter.
    You were calling me insensitive and whatnot, is that not technically an attack against me? Not that i have anything against being called that, it not like i'm in denial about it. Just saying, you did target me.


    And that's fine. No one has to care about Amanda Todd, or anyone who commits suicide. However, just because compassion and care are not required, it does not mean that they do not exist.
    I never said that they didn't exist. They don't really exist within met all that much, but that has nothing to do with others.

    Probably about as proud as you are of commenting "I'm arguing with a woman on the internets! she's a woman so see she's super emotional because she's a woman lolol" in every one of your responses to me.
    hey! we finally agree on something lol ...except i don't say "lolol," i say "har har har" :P


    Well, not going to dignify much of that with a long response, because you seem to be very set in a middle-school mindset where sexist jokes are still funny and under the impression that they add to the debate, which they do not.

    Except for to say - you can still do nice things for women and still hold sexist ideas about them. You do not really have to "hate" them. I'm waiting for you to break out the "i'm not racist, I have black friends!" and "I'm not homophobic, I said hello to a gay man once" thing. You're on that line of reasoning and have been so far.
    Well, it seems that you think of me as that kind of person, so i just wanted to make you feel warm and accomplished inside by posting something that proved i was like that. How compassionate of me. I'll make sure to keep a sarcasm sign with me.
    Listen,
    You're jumping straight to the idea that i think men are superior and women are inferior, that i'm a total hardcore sexist, when thats not the case at all. There are things that men excel at, and things women excel at. Both the studies i posted support that. I don't understand why that offends women so much. Saying that women are not equal to men doesn't mean that they are "less" than men. It just means that they're different in at least some ways.
    Right now, all i'm saying is that men and women TEND to think differently when approaching a situation. Women TEND to be more emotional, whereas man TEND to be more rational. Thats not a bad thing.
    Kaleohano derailing threads everywhere he go
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber of Fleet Street, anyone?
    By Luka Megurine in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 10:55 PM
  2. Favorite Songs from a Musical [RENT, Sweeney Todd, ETC]
    By The Nightingale in forum J-pop/rock (and other music)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-10-2009, 02:53 PM
  3. Sweeney Todd
    By prettyketty in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 06:38 PM
  4. Sweeney Todd
    By Ami~chan in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 12:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts