AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: [Disaster] The sad influences of Social Media, enhanced by the traditional media.

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2024 04:50 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default [Disaster] The sad influences of Social Media, enhanced by the traditional media.

A few weeks ago, a 15 year old girl accidentally invited all of her Facebook friends to her birthday party. A few people made a Facebook page for her birthday party, called "Project X". The media promoted this as a joke, but it all ended up in a big ravage in the small town called Haren. 34 arrested, more than 50 reported injuries, broken windows, plundered shops, devastated busses and trains, special forces on the scene, medical workers attacked and threatened. Long story short: a real disaster.

The girl wanted to have a "sweet sixteen", and wanted to invite her friends to her home in Haren, but she accidentally invited all of her Facebook friends, and they invited all of THEIR friends. This resulted in a snowball effect of people wanting to go to the girl's birthday party. It seemed like an innocent prank at first, but people started inviting more and more of their friends to Project X. Now let's get a few facts straight.

Of the 16 million inhabitants of the Netherlands, 24.000 people said they would come.

On the radio, one of the DJ's said on air that it would be fun if everyone came, and that they should invite their friends too. (Later he tweeted: "Okay, I was stupid for inviting all those people to Project X. It was a very stupid idea." )

On the news, people gave A LOT of attention to this subject. Not only that, but some talk shows made fun of Project X as well, making jokes about it and inviting people intended as a joke.

The mayor of Haren said that there would be NO PARTY AT ALL in Haren, and said that everyone should NOT COME to Haren. This naturally provoked the mindless party hard youth to come, because they LOVE to provoke the mobile units etc. -_- This was so predictable.

There were buses going to Groningen (one of the major cities in the Netherlands) and local authorities told everyone to go to Groningen instead to party over there, but that only resulted in buses being destroyed. Cars were flipped along the way, windows smashed.

I guess people never learn. Anyway, luckily some peoplke organised the massive project "Clean X" (10.000 participants) to clean up the mess.

It was said on the news that the ones responsible for the damage are the ones who are going to pay for it.
    Last edited by Nanobyte; 09-22-2012 at 08:58 AM.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: [Disaster] The sad influences of Social Media, enhanced by the traditional media.

And it all started with facebook.

3. Likes Light Buster, Ashminigun liked this post
    ♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Disaster] The sad influences of Social Media, enhanced by the traditional media.

It was said on the news that the ones responsible for the damage are the ones who are going to pay for it.
    I certainly hope so.

This is one of the reasons why I don't have a facebook anymore. People just love to hop on the bandwagon, which is how it became so popular in the first place. Now almost everyone I know has one. When you get so many idiots together, it's a recipe for disaster, and that's exactly what happened in Haren. Word got out and it started off as an innocent joke, right? Obviously these facebook users took things too far and it escalated beyond the intended amusement. Not only was a poor girl's birthday ruined, but it caused such unnecessary chaos, and this is what she will remember looking back at her coming of age.

Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Mario 1-Up Mushroom Katana
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 01:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mαrvel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Cupcake View Post
    I certainly hope so.

This is one of the reasons why I don't have a facebook anymore. People just love to hop on the bandwagon, which is how it became so popular in the first place. Now almost everyone I know has one. When you get so many idiots together, it's a recipe for disaster, and that's exactly what happened in Haren. Word got out and it started off as an innocent joke, right? Obviously these facebook users took things too far and it escalated beyond the intended amusement. Not only was a poor girl's birthday ruined, but it caused such unnecessary chaos, and this is what she will remember looking back at her coming of age.
    Facebook wasn't the cause of this happening because it doesn't live or breathe. It sounds like the girl made a public post saying when and where her birthday party was going to be. She should have made invitations for only the people she wanted to come or she should have sent them individual private messages. Facebook isn't the one to blame for people's idiotic behavior. That's just like how people post statuses (they go to each one of their friends' walls), say something personal, and then get angry when someone has read it or said something about it. If you don't want the whole world to know, don't say it publicly. It's that simple.

The girl will probably remember this for the rest of her life, and she (or her family) will probably be paying for some damage expenses too.

6. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Dislikes Princess Cupcake disliked this post
    ♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Nowhere in my post did I say that Facebook was to blame.
    Last edited by Princess Cupcake; 09-22-2012 at 01:55 PM.

8. Dislikes DOOM! disliked this post
    Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

Ah, friends of mine went to there. But they were just curious. I mean in total about 10 thousand people went to there. And about 19/20 where just curious. The "party" was live streamed and about 30-50k people where watching at all times.

But yeah, its not entirely the fault of the media. But if they didn't spend alot of atention to this it wouldn't have escalated this bad. But then again, they just report news and its not like they had an idea of how big this would become.

I also heard there was an prohibited to drink alcohol in the streets of Haren. But the youth didn't listen, and the police didn't do anything about it. (Not like they could.) But yeah its actually quite sad to see that people can do this. Even though it was said there wasn't any party.

The people in Haren must've been terrified, if only the mob would be reminded OR CARE about that.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PinkGalaxies View Post
    It sounds like the girl made a public post saying when and where her birthday party was going to be. She should have made invitations for only the people she wanted to come or she should have sent them individual private messages. If you don't want the whole world to know, don't say it publicly. It's that simple.

The girl will probably remember this for the rest of her life, and she (or her family) will probably be paying for some damage expenses too.
    I don't really know if you've followed it in the news or whatnot. ^^ But the girl forget to say it was a private party. So yeah you're right about that.
    Oh and fyi, its been decided the family doesn't have to pay anything. ^^
    Last edited by Mystelinth; 09-22-2012 at 02:37 PM.

10. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by PinkGalaxies View Post
    Facebook wasn't the cause of this happening because it doesn't live or breathe. It sounds like the girl made a public post saying when and where her birthday party was going to be. She should have made invitations for only the people she wanted to come or she should have sent them individual private messages. Facebook isn't the one to blame for people's idiotic behavior. That's just like how people post statuses (they go to each one of their friends' walls), say something personal, and then get angry when someone has read it or said something about it. If you don't want the whole world to know, don't say it publicly. It's that simple.
    To make it clear, I didn't say facebook was the primary reason. As the thread title implies, facebook was the initial media, i.e. the tool that was (accidentally) used, which caused a domino effect.

Member ParaParaJMo2 is on a distinguished road ParaParaJMo2's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2012 06:29 PM
    Threads

But still, facebook has been very influential with information wealth, etc. I understand that it is not to blame, but at the same time, people do rely on it since it is very convenient and thus in some ways became a necessity. I have lived in many cities throughout my life and it has been very useful for me in organizing and keeping in touch with who I have known since kindergarten, etc. Yeah, it is nuts that this happened, but I hope the people who showed up do take proper responsibility.

Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

I agree that people are becoming more open in sharing private moments with people over the internet. Heck, I've probably said things on this forum that I wouldn't ever tell my parents! The thing with this incidence is that Facebook allows people to know your real name, location and appearance, which can prove very dangerous. However, if you make your profile private and post discreetly this sort of thing is less likely to happen.
    Gatecrashing parties is nothing new, but in this incidence it was magnified.
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

14. Likes PinkGalaxies liked this post
    Senior Member Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Aria Neko Jigsaw Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2013 02:33 PM
    Somewhere between sparkle bunnies and pinkish kittens.
    Threads

Were you there Amber? xD
    I didn't even knew about the party til they showed it on the news.
    So I think we should blame the news for the party being so big.
    Also I felt annoyed so many people talked about it all weekend long.
    I mean... we all knew this was gonna happen, we all knew it was made public by mistake.
    Why all go talk about it how aweful it is/was. Just do your job and focus on that.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

That's what you get for being a stupid 14-year-old girl.
    And Facebook is also to blame.
    THAT GIRL DESERVES TO DIE!

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

17. Likes Bulf liked this post
    Dislikes Princess Cupcake disliked this post
    AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Personally, I find this hilarious. I find it kinda hard to believe she accidentally added all of her friends; it's not ridiculously easy to do. If anything she was probably too lazy to invite the ones she wanted out of her many many friends one-by-one and decided to add them all at once.

That aside, you can't really blame this on Facebook. Blame the girl for being a noob, blame the people for being trolls, but you can't really blame Facebook for doing what it was made to do. That's like if she wrote a letter to one of her friends, inviting him/her and the same thing happened. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't blame the piece of paper/pencil.

But hey, the important thing is now we know not to invite the whole world to our parties via Facebook; Use Myspace instead, you'll end up with about -10.

TL;DR: This is why we can't have nice things.

19. Likes .:neuko:., Anoleis liked this post
    Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Quote Originally Posted by Mαrvel View Post
    And that's why I hardly use it.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well, that sounds awful. I blame the girls for inviting all of her FB friends. She should've checked first before making the event. Then there's the media who made announced the party to the public. Human error, I guess.

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.LeDoom! View Post
    That's what you get for being a stupid 14-year-old girl.
    And Facebook is also to blame.
    THAT GIRL DESERVES TO DIE!
    Why did you dislike my post? I was only telling PinkGalaxies that she had misinterpreted what I said. Facebook is not to blame. The idiots who use facebook are at fault here. I think that makes more sense than anything. People need to take responsibility for their actions instead of pointing the finger at facebook. It's their own stupidity that got them into a situation like that.

23. Likes .:neuko:. liked this post
    They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

They're both to blame! Facebook has been so in-yo-face with it's own advertising off the intertubes that even computer-challenged idiots would get hooked into it. And know what? Facebook was targeting such idiots since after 2003. Naive suckers ready to give away their data and money.
    I also hate you because you're like Stocking; a stuck-up, overgrown teenage-minded hussy who'll never stop sucking on her lolipop and move on to protein.

I'M HERE TO RECTIFY YOU BY THE LORD'S WILL!!!

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 08:46 PM
    Threads

They're both to blame! Facebook has been so in-yo-face with it's own advertising off the intertubes that even computer-challenged idiots would get hooked into it. And know what? Facebook was targeting such idiots since after 2003. Naive suckers ready to give away their data and money.
    I also hate you because you're like Stocking; a stuck-up, overgrown teenage-minded hussy who'll never stop sucking on her lolipop and move on to protein.
    Why do people still respond angrily to your posts? I just don't get it...

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 05:08 PM
    Threads

Facebook was where it started, but it seems Project X and all the media reporters are to mostly be blamed for most all of this.

Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.LeDoom! View Post
    I also hate you because you're like Stocking
    I will gladly take that as a compliment. She is my favorite anime character! Besides, it's not like I really care if you hate me or not. You're a random guy on the internet and you don't even know me that well. I bet if you got to know me a lil better, you'd see I'm actually not so bad after all. Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by TheThunderBringer View Post
    Why do people still respond angrily to your posts? I just don't get it...
    Because I never had anyone dislike a post of mine before! D: My streak is ruined thanks to Doom ;-; I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. =\ Some people are full of hatred and negativity u_u

Gil
    Drunk
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You're a random guy on the internet and you don't even know me that well. I bet if you got to know me a lil better, you'd see I'm actually not so bad after all. Just sayin'...
    Correct. Likewise.

Because I never had anyone dislike a post of mine before! D: My streak is ruined thanks to Doom ;-; I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. =\ Some people are full of hatred and negativity u_u
    Yeah well, Karma's a harlot to the unjust, if you do recall. Maybe you would've stood a chance at being a Mary Sue on TV, but on the internet, you're confronted with the true vox populi.
    I guess I'll add C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER to my islamic list of self-proclaimed honorable titles, right next to Virgin Killer, Corrupter, Defiler, (Muriel) Deformer of the Unborn, a.s.o.

29. Thanks Nanobyte thanked for this post
    Likes Nanobyte liked this post
    Junior Member Kingdom is on a distinguished road Kingdom's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2012 12:04 PM
    Threads

Retards partied a little too hard.

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

The contents of post 1 is just one of the many examples why I love persons, but hate people. I neither use nor like Facebook; however, the very notion that a social network should ever be accountable for one's lack of common sense is a joke.

Given the vagarity of the provided information, I cannot be satistfied that this girl "accidently" invited all her "friends" on Facebook (as Ellipsis put it); and some friends they must be since they invited their friends to her party as well.

The girl is at fault for inviting her friends (and inconsiderate ones at that) to her party without paying due care and attention to which of her friends she were inviting (unless it truly was an accident--like a glitch that suddenly occured on Facebook against her control). The number of friends she invited is irrelevant since it only takes a single invitation sent to one untrustworthy person to start off a chain-reaction of multiple invites; the real issue is the quality of her friends. And I bet she's never met half of her so-called friends in real life either. Would you invite someone you've never met in the flesh to your party? Surely not, so why do it on Facebook? She is not to blame for what happened afterwards however; that's to say she's not responsible for the setup of Project X, the actions of her own friends, the "promotion" of the event by the media and the "disaster" that occured afterwards.

The media is responsible for its own actions, but is not responsible for the actions of those who took it upon themselves to attend the event simply because the media (including the radio) elevated its status to public knowledge. I gather that by treating the event as a "joke", the media were denying the existance of the event anyway; however, the fact that they broadcasted any information about the event at all was unwise to say the least.

Likewise, the mayor of H-something is not responsible for "provoking" the actions of the party-hard youths. The latter were likely looking for trouble anyway, and any event promoted through media and circulated through Facebook should have been enough material for them to get ideas, let alone the mayor's advice. Had everyone followed the mayor's advice in the first place, there'd be little incentive for these youths to involve themselves and stir up violence. I know the type, btw: they get off on doing their thing in full view of the general public (mostly bystanders that don't need to be there) whom are regarded as spectators, just like the good old days of The Colloseum. Take the spectators away and the idea of taking on entire mobile units is less attractive. Consider the 2011 summer riots that took place in Britain before this event which had 4 entities: a situation, youths looking for an excuse to start violence, the general public (potential spectators) and the mobile units. The youths feel more powerful when they are amongst the general public because their presence makes them to feel "protected", as if the public are behind them. The reason why mass events get out of control is because bystanders hinder the job of the mobile units (like I said before, many of them don't need to be there); if anything, I have more beef with bystanders than troublemakers.
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 09-28-2012 at 08:40 PM.

AF's Resident Jerk Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Coke Candlejack Bullets
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2021 10:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Nephthys1

Quote Originally Posted by ParaParaJMo2 View Post
    But still, facebook has been very influential with information wealth, etc. I understand that it is not to blame, but at the same time, people do rely on it since it is very convenient and thus in some ways became a necessity. I have lived in many cities throughout my life and it has been very useful for me in organizing and keeping in touch with who I have known since kindergarten, etc. Yeah, it is nuts that this happened, but I hope the people who showed up do take proper responsibility.

Facebook is far from a necessity dear, anyone in a third world country would tell you that. #First World Problems

33. Likes .:neuko:. liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information