AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can you name this anime? and its not Vandread but very similar.

Junior Member speedy28328 is on a distinguished road speedy28328's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-22-2012 01:23 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Can you name this anime? and its not Vandread but very similar.

The only reason why I thought of this anime was because of vandread. I was watching it and though of this show and how similar they were. I believe It was based around a ship like a lot of sci-fi anime there may have been mechs too but I'm not sure. The biggest thing I remember is the gunner would go to her station on the bridge and then appear to be floating outside the ship. When I say she was floating outside the ship I don't mean literally but she did think that she was actually outside for a second because she freaked out. It must have been a holo-deck because there was no glass, support beams, seats I don't even think there was any interface. just her and space. The gunner was not trained to use the ship's gun at all the ship was being fired on for quite a while before she was able to figure it out but she did so by accident she even mentioned to the leader that she didn't know what to do.

This was a fairly big ship at least the bridge was quite large. These are the things I am not sure about but i will list them anyway just in-case they help. Either they were cadets or just random people trying to get away from an attack. I think the anime might have a male vs female storyline like vandread or just happens to have a bunch of woman on the bridge. I think the gunner had to put on some sort of visor or go down into a room or something she just got really surprised when she appeared outside. And she was one of those quirky anime girls. Also this isn't new anime it I saw it from 4-6 years ago.

I know this sounds a lot like Vandread but its not it can't be because I say this many years ago before Vandread came out and the big difference is that In vandread the guy in the room was a pilot the girl couldn't pilot the ship only the weapons. I am desperate and losing sleep on this.
    Last edited by speedy28328; 09-22-2012 at 02:38 AM.

Senior Member marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Witch Hat Gir Aries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2012 08:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Can you name this anime? and its not Vandread but very similar.

Maybe check Sol Bianca? There are two versions, but the newer sounds close to what you're looking for.
    My Bubblegum Crisis fan-site --> The Bubblegum Crisis Sanctum (a work in progress)

and my humble blog --> The Writing Desk

--> My AF album

Pet Shop Story and Dragon Story ids: webowers, wbowers

Junior Member speedy28328 is on a distinguished road speedy28328's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-22-2012 01:23 PM
    Threads

The most important thing is that the gunner and ONLY the gunner was able to see all around her. She would appear to be outside and was seeing everything except the ship itself. The best way I can describe it is imagine a girl floating out in space punching when she punches at something the ship fires at her target. There is nothing else like I said before no framework nothing she looked like she was floating outside but she wasn't just like vandread but without all the interfaces and other junk.

Its not sol bianca at least the few episodes I have seen the gunner isn't floating out in space and has to punch to fire the weapons. which is the major part of it and the thing i am 100% sure of

Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Mario 1-Up Mushroom Katana
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 01:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: VPKairi

Why am I thinking of Gundam, Escaflowne, and Moonlight Mile? XD

I don't know many anime similar to Vandread.

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Goomba Paint Palette Kawaii Sundae
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SolidArmor1

Sounds like Martian Successor Nadesico, or even Blue Drop??

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-23-2014 12:03 PM
    Threads

Nobody ever gives enough information in these threads. What did the characteras look like? Did they have catch phrases? What kind of ships? What was the plot?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "How to Be an Anime Character" available from Amazon.com

Member Yugami will become famous soon enough Yugami's Avatar
    Gil
    Inpain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2012 10:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Not get it -_-

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Goomba Paint Palette Kawaii Sundae
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SolidArmor1

Could be "Heroic Age"?? The only anime that I know of that had a girl kinda punching, is Gunbuster.

Senior Member Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda is a splendid one to behold Henshin_Ikeda's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2013 06:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I want to say outlaw star for some reason but you said gunner, and melfina is more like the navigational system to a point since she is an AI.

Senior Member -Sasuke Uchiha- has a reputation beyond repute -Sasuke Uchiha- has a reputation beyond repute -Sasuke Uchiha- has a reputation beyond repute -Sasuke Uchiha- has a reputation beyond repute -Sasuke Uchiha- has a reputation beyond repute -Sasuke Uchiha- has a reputation beyond repute -Sasuke Uchiha- has a reputation beyond repute -Sasuke Uchiha- has a reputation beyond repute -Sasuke Uchiha- has a reputation beyond repute -Sasuke Uchiha- has a reputation beyond repute -Sasuke Uchiha- has a reputation beyond repute -Sasuke Uchiha-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hacker
    Gifts Ramen Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2013 01:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

sorry. i don't have any idea.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information