AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Anime In English Or Japanese

Junior Member shiron is an unknown quantity at this point shiron's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2005 05:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Just want to know what everybody is using to watch/listen/read anime in?

I read/speak/write a little Japanese. You get sooo much more from the anime/manga if you listen/watch/read in Japanese!!!!

It is much more funnier!!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2004 02:49 AM
    Threads

I totally agree with you.
    Actually i dont watch my anime unless they are Japanese. I like everything original. I love their language, music, voices, and everything related to Japan.
    now I'm kinda understand what they are saying without reading the sub ^^
    YOOOOOSHA!!! :lol:

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Originally posted by DarkWind@Jun 13 2004, 04:55 PM
    I totally agree with you.
    Actually i dont watch my anime unless they are Japanese. I like everything original. I love their language, music, voices, and everything related to Japan.
    now I'm kinda understand what they are saying without reading the sub ^^
    YOOOOOSHA!!! :lol:
    Yea, me too!!!! I went to Japan back in summer of 2002 and stayed 2 1/2 weeks in a friends house. A typical Japanese family. I had lots of fun and have many pictures and stories from that trip!!!
    I would recommend all to go there, you will never forget it!!!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2004 02:49 AM
    Threads

LUCKY YOU !!!
    its one of my dreams ...I'm saving some cash ^^ for my future trip *someday*
    But my best friend is half japanese, so she keep telling me about her country, and bring me lots of surviner for Nihon ^^

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Originally posted by DarkWind@Jun 13 2004, 05:16 PM
    LUCKY YOU !!!
    its one of my dreams ...I'm saving some cash ^^ for my future trip *someday*
    But my best friend is half japanese, so she keep telling me about her country, and bring me lots of surviner for Nihon ^^
    Lucky you!!!!
    You know somebody close by that you can speak Japanese to!

I need to find somebody also, still looking. Everyday Japanese would help you when you visit there! I know a few words, but putting it together in the proper way is tough!!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2004 10:16 PM
    Threads

i could help you but i cant. the person i knew that spoke japenesse never gets on anymore. so i cant help you. i would if i could.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks. Speaking to somebody is the best way to learn.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2004 10:16 PM
    Threads

np ya i guess it is.

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

I usualy watch anime with english subs on my DVD's, its too bad some DVD's have subtitles based on the dubs, though.
    RPG bios (click for more info):

Senior Member Kiba's Fang Kiba's Fang's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2004 08:44 AM
    Threads

Of course I prefer english because I speakand read english but oin the other hand if it is in japanese like on dvds as long as it has subtitles in english I love it but I am going to start learning japenese so I guess I like both since I also like japanese music ans stuff yeah and english um lol

Junior Member [HELL]Alucard [HELL]Alucard's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2004 09:34 AM
    Threads

Im reading mangas on english or danish..But im watching anime on japanese with english subtitles..I just hate the english voices..So from now on i only buy dvds import fram asia so i only can see it on japanese and cartonese...

Dont make me think that im a jerk...Im in time to do that allready..

Senior Member oOoKenshinoOo oOoKenshinoOo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2004 04:48 PM
    Threads

Personally, i prefer the japanese voices to the american dubbed. The american dubbed aren't always the best actors, and they all run together after awhile. Secondly, i read fast, so i don't really mind the subtitles. You can't get the full anime experience if it's not in japanese and english subtitles, it just wouldn't be fun that way. =P
    <span style='color:black'><center><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;We&#39;re all trapped on this planet for a reason. Killing and bloodshed is the endless waltz of life, that it is.&quot;~Kenshin</span></center></span>
    <center></center>
    <span style='color:blue'><center><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;She&#39;s a myth i have to believe in, all i have to make her real, is one more reason.&quot;~Slipknot</span></center></span>
    <center></center>

heartless killer TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE has a reputation beyond repute TerraN EmpirE's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2008 01:32 PM
    Threads

i don&#39;t speak or read japanes i berely speak engilsh at times

The clan is full so don't bother unless you want a new user title.

Senior Member dark_aer6 is on a distinguished road dark_aer6's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2006 05:36 AM
    Threads

Every anime shown here in the Philippines is in Japanese. :^_^:
    Mga buang nang dili makasabot ani&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Senior Member EvaJunky EvaJunky's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2004 07:02 PM
    Threads

I watche anime subtitled if at all possible. Dubbs tend to be less acurate because they have to change the script to fit the mouth movements.

Senior Member fluffyanimegirl fluffyanimegirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-16-2004 05:50 PM
    Threads

I&#39;m limited ecause i loive in america. alot of things here from japan doesn&#39;t have the original goodness. I got more to say but i have to go my mom is up&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

<span style='color:blue'>softly squezze
    the gentle brezze</span>

<span style='color:gray'>come between one wing
    a tortured tattered soul</span>

<span style='color:yellow'>come between the other
    a helpless bright soul</span>

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Originally posted by fluffyanimegirl@Jun 16 2004, 02:55 PM
    I&#39;m limited ecause i loive in america. alot of things here from japan doesn&#39;t have the original goodness. I got more to say but i have to go my mom is up&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:
    Do you live in Japan?

Senior Member ecchi_maker is on a distinguished road ecchi_maker's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2006 11:36 PM
    Threads

I hate is when the japanese voices are gay for example: a badass guy character had a super gay girl voice in jap. but a majority of the anime is better in English and Japanese so I would have to say Both.
    I wanna fly high so I can reach the highest of all the heavens
    Somebody will be waiting for me, so I have gotta fly higher

Junior Member CCSshadow CCSshadow's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2004 10:57 PM
    Threads

I&#39;d have to say that the original Japanese versions are better. I don&#39;t know, I guss I&#39;ve just gotten used to listening to Japanese ^^ I&#39;m going to learn Japanese at college.
    <center><span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='color:red'>Sometimes it&#39;s hard to understand the difference between reality and imagination. I have no problem with that.</span></span></center>

<span style='color:red'><center><span style='font-family:Optima'>Imagination is reality.</span></center></span>

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Originally posted by CCSshadow@Jun 18 2004, 12:58 PM
    I&#39;d have to say that the original Japanese versions are better. I don&#39;t know, I guss I&#39;ve just gotten used to listening to Japanese ^^ I&#39;m going to learn Japanese at college.
    I have taken two classes at the local university and it is great&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Just learn the Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji.
    Mostly learn Hiragana, the smooth writing.
    Foreign sound, learn Katakana, sharp writing.

The Kanji will come in time. Write over and over the Hiragana, several hundred times a day. Just one character at a time, over and over. So that if somebody pops up a flash card (kinda like a playing card) you can say it without thinking.

Just remember....
    A. ka, sa
    I. ki, shi
    U, ku, su
    E, ke, se
    O, ko, su
    Etc.

Get book called, Yookoso&#33; Second Edition, by Yasu-Hiko Tohsaku. That is the one that I used in my College Classes&#33;

Senior Member Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 11:12 PM
    Threads

Original Japanese manga and anime is better, because that&#39;s what it is; the original&#33; One thing&#39;s for sure, and that&#39;s the fact that Japanese is a difficult language to learn. I&#39;ve been majoring in Japanese for 3 years now in University, and it&#39;s tough. It pays off though, cause knowing another language aside from your native one is always valuable, especially in terms of employment&#33; :P 日本語は 難しいだよね!頑張って 皆!!

Desaparecido CrimsonButterflies is on a distinguished road CrimsonButterflies's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2005 01:18 PM
    Threads

I watch the episodes Raw first, 1.becasue they are released earlier. and 2.It helps ALLOT with learning the language. I took a summer class last year and i can allmost get everything, but i watch it subed after anyways to make sure im right
    sunrise is the perfect boundry between light and dark

Senior Member Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem has much to be proud of Rem's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2008 02:15 PM
    Threads

you know i would wach anime in their original voices but..........
    1~the language frightens me
    2~i have no desire to read
    3~how the hell am i going to read text and play panzar dragoon orta at the same time? riddle me that

Senior Member april110 is an unknown quantity at this point april110's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2004 07:31 PM
    Threads

i would rather prefer anime in japanese with english subtitles

Junior Member Yami Yugi03 has a reputation beyond repute Yami Yugi03 has a reputation beyond repute Yami Yugi03 has a reputation beyond repute Yami Yugi03 has a reputation beyond repute Yami Yugi03 has a reputation beyond repute Yami Yugi03 has a reputation beyond repute Yami Yugi03 has a reputation beyond repute Yami Yugi03 has a reputation beyond repute Yami Yugi03 has a reputation beyond repute Yami Yugi03 has a reputation beyond repute Yami Yugi03 has a reputation beyond repute Yami Yugi03's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2008 01:05 AM
    Threads

i agree cause Ican write & read japanese

Closed Thread

Thread Information