AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So I just bought a Dreamcast and...

Senior Member narunaru is infamous around these parts narunaru is infamous around these parts narunaru is infamous around these parts narunaru is infamous around these parts narunaru is infamous around these parts narunaru is infamous around these parts narunaru is infamous around these parts narunaru is infamous around these parts narunaru is infamous around these parts narunaru is infamous around these parts narunaru is infamous around these parts narunaru's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2013 12:21 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default So I just bought a Dreamcast and...

'Sup fools. I'm Naru. That's capital N, then aru! So I'm back and whatnot. Not gonna post another introduction thread, done that a billion times, so I'll just say this here. Hi again, old friends.

Anyway. Off-topic. Now ON-topic, here's the deal: I bought one o' them thar funny-lookin' soapboxes that says "Sega" on it. With it, I bought Blue Stinger and Crazy Taxi 2. It came bundled with two controllers, two memory cards(love those things to death), Daytona USA, and Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits. Now, what I need from you all is this: suggestions. Tell me what games/peripherals/accessories/college funds to invest in for this little guy. I know there's great stuff to be had for this thing, I just can't call it all to the top of my head.

Do not suggest:
    Sonic Adventure 1 & 2
    Shenmue
    Marvel vs. Capcom 1 & 2
    Jet Grind Radio
    Soul Calibur

Believe me, I am well aware of all of those games and plan to get them as soon as I find copies that cost less than both my kidneys. Other than that, hit me.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-no-9?ref=live

Like Mega Man? Keiji Inafune? Have money to spend? Click on that link and support Mighty No. 9! Donate enough and you can score yourself some cool prizes!

Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Mario 1-Up Mushroom Katana
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 01:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: So I just bought a Dreamcast and...

How about trying one of dem thar Disney games like 101(?)102(?) Dalmations? I hear dem thar games are quite educational. Plus, I don't think dem thar games will cost ye all of yer organs or $300K.

Senior Member ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Orange Ribbon Gurren Gurren Dan Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2016 11:57 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Venocide EMS PSN ID: ARKphoenix Steam ID: kronicx

I recommend Power Stone 1 and 2. I had so much fun with those games.

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Goomba Paint Palette Kawaii Sundae
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2015 05:42 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SolidArmor1

Ha it's funny that you say "That's capital N, then aru!". When your user name has 2 lower case "n's", in it.

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

My list of recommendations is based on the titles I bought for my Dreamcast (until I sold it). The entries in bold are the ones I recommend very highly. If you don't mind the age of the games themselves (the DC being discontinued, after all) then you should find plenty to like here! ^ ^

Shoot 'em up/FPS

Bangai-O (addictive as hell!)
    Fur Fighters
    The House of the Dead 2 (with gun accessory if you can find one)
    Ikaruga (extremely hard if you play it properly, but you'll feel like a demon in the end!)
    MDK2 (a well balanced game that's challenging, varied and very humourous!)
    Rez (a game with visuals and audio like no other; an animated work of art in many repects)
    Unreal Tournament (if you're a Quake fan, you might like this better... PC version rules though)

Beat 'em up

Dead or Alive 2
    Powerstone (not to be compared with Powerstone 2, which is so removed from actual fighting, it sucks. The original title is better in terms of tighter controls and balance)
    Ready to Rumble Boxing
    Street Fighter III: Third Strike (perhaps the most underrated Street Fighter game of all time)

Action/Adventure

Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future (slow-paced, but challenges the mind and has some of the most beautiful graphics you'll ever see in a video game!)
    Headhunter

Platform

Rayman: The Great Escape (a well balanced platformer that's fluid, progressive, and never tiring)

RPG

Skies of Arcadia (an RPG to die for!)

Racing

Crazy Taxi 2
    Daytona USA 2001
    Metropolis Street Racer (DC's answer to Gran Turismo!)
    V-Rally 2
    Vanishing Point (DC's equivelant of "BurnOut back in the day)

Puzzle/Strategy

Bust-a-Move 4
    ChuChu Rocket
    Mr. Driller

Music

Space Channel 5
    Samba de Amigo

Visual Novel

Air
    Kanon

6. Thanks narunaru thanked for this post
    Senior Member ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Gifts Hat Pocket Watch Blackjack
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2015 11:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: redsupersonicninja

Grandia II. It's also on the PS2 and PC but the DC version beats the living crap out of the other versions

Senior Member Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Cake Lie Glasses Red Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2012 06:54 AM
    Threads

Listen to @Neukifly , she give you a great list especially dead or alive, ecco, bust a move and of course the wonderful skies of arcadia (if you cannot find it on dreamcast play it on GameCube)^^.

9. Likes .:neuko:. liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information