AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Borderlands 2

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Default Re: Borderlands 2

Gotta say, the amount of side quests in this game is insane compared to the first one.

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Gotta say, the amount of side quests in this game is insane compared to the first one.
    To top it off, the side quests are chained as well.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I didn't realise how much the achievements for fully exploring every area of Borderlands would suck ... and be annoying.

Because they suck ... and are annoying.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

4. Likes GameGeeks liked this post
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Found my first chubby, drops a legendary shield and it goes off the edge of a cliff.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Found my first chubby, drops a legendary shield and it goes off the edge of a cliff.
    Lucky you. Only chubby I've found dropped a blue-grade shotgun ... which was 5 levels below me, and therefore complete garbage. :/

edit

By lucky, I mean 'lucky you actually getting a legendary shield from a chubby ... even if you couldn't get the shield :/'

Oh, and the Warrior dropped me an e-tech shotgun today. Going to give it to a friend since it's a shock weapon and my hyperion shotgun pretty much rapes everything atm.
    Last edited by Ranshiin; 10-04-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    Lucky you. Only chubby I've found dropped a blue-grade shotgun ... which was 5 levels below me, and therefore complete garbage. :/

edit

By lucky, I mean 'lucky you actually getting a legendary shield from a chubby ... even if you couldn't get the shield :/'

Oh, and the Warrior dropped me an e-tech shotgun today. Going to give it to a friend since it's a shock weapon and my hyperion shotgun pretty much rapes everything atm.
    Actually, would have preferred it not show up. More annoying then it not dropping at all. And anyone have the PC version that'd like to play together?

EDIT: Anyone know how big of a sway there is on the Sloth riffle from the Rakkaholics Anonymous quest? Trying to decide between that the Rubi. Leaning towards Rubi since the other quest he gives you rewards you with a sniper the ignores shields. And amp damage is nice. Got a purple shield with that effect on it. Probably keep it for bosses since I have to give up 900 shield for it. Go from 2300 to 1400 if I use it.
    Last edited by GameGeeks; 10-04-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I did have two Sloths (a fire elemental and slag elemental) but ... I never got round to using them, as they were both 455-damage rifles and by the time I actually needed to use a fire-elemental sniper I came across one that does 1,500 ... and I now have one that does like 2,000 from murderating the Warrior a few times. I had been meaning to find out what the flavor text meant ... but since I intend to start playthrough 2 at level 50 (or thereabouts), I'll probably be able to get one at level 50 and find out if it genuinely is any good or not.

Depends if I get to level 50 before Gaige is released though, because as Tina would say, "... she's my main squeeze..." Oh Tina, how I love you.

btw the poem she writes about Jack is brilliant. Tina for President. Gearbox need only provide 2 things for the DLC they plan: more Scooter, and more Tina. Srsly.

edit

You will dislike the Bee. lol. My level 29 Bee has 1,600 shield capacity ... my best Adaptive shield of the closest level has 4,500... makes getting shot by RPG loaders a nightmare.
    Last edited by Ranshiin; 10-05-2012 at 04:11 AM.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

The red text is on the wiki. The one for sloth means the bullets fire slow. Think I'll skip it. The pic shows it as being in the six-hundred range damage wise but since asking I have already found a sniper in that range. Plus Rubi's text seems to give the gun some healing capabilities. And why start PT2 at fifty? The second play through would be really easy for much of it since enemies don't scale to 50 till after you beat the game a second time.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The red text is on the wiki. The one for sloth means the bullets fire slow. Think I'll skip it. The pic shows it as being in the six-hundred range damage wise but since asking I have already found a sniper in that range. Plus Rubi's text seems to give the gun some healing capabilities. And why start PT2 at fifty? The second play through would be really easy for much of it since enemies don't scale to 50 till after you beat the game a second time.
    From what I've found from playing playthrough 1, when you enter a new area the enemies scale to whatever level you're at at the point you discover the area. This has created some weird inconsistencies where certain parts of one map have level 7 enemies whereas an area I went to from that map a long time later are level 20-25 ...

I'm still trying to understand why the enemies in the Fridge went up like 10 levels between first going there, and going back later on to defeat Laney. I've also seen the Bandit Technicals in the Dust go up in level as I've explored areas leading from it.

... That's what it seems like, anyway. If I'm correct, then everything should be level 49-51 when I start playthrough 2 ... which means all the quest items should be, too. That's the only real reason I'd be doing it. But getting to level 50 is going to take FOREVER so I might just start at level 45 instead since there's nothing decent you get early on in the game, and I can always go back for Flynt's gear once I've finished playthrough 2 anyway.

Currently murderating the Warrior at level 37 ... am capable of taking all his health off with one Deception + full shotgun clip combination. The Bee is so OP.

edit

For the record, what level are the enemies in the Arid Nexus? For me they're all level 29-30 because that's what level I was at when I first went there. The Warrior is level 34 because I took him on at level 32. Not sure how far you've gotten through but if you're at different levels at those points then you'll probably see the enemies being different levels too.

Hellquist is level 29 too, as an example.

edit again

Plus I'm trying to get him to drop some good stuff for my Mechromancer ... also trying to get him to drop some legendary stuff, but he's being selfish.
    Last edited by Ranshiin; 10-05-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

@Ranshiin Each area has a level range, once you hit that they wont progress further. And I believe some areas update with story missions. So yeah, for the most part you will be out leveled the enemies. One of the reasons they added the feature of bumping everything to 50 after the second play through. As for level I'm only 25. Just. Just did the first batch of quests in Lynchwood. Not sure if there's a second batch.

Next story mission for me is killing Jack's double.
    So yeah, the level you are doesn't matter since the enemies have a range they can go. Might be something like 17-27, etc. But there is a range. Not positive but I also think completely optional areas like the Caustic Caverns might just continue to scale with you. As I first went there at fifteen and they're still my level last time I checked which was about level twenty-three. So the Warrior is likely capped at thirty-four as that's probably about the level they wanted you to be before starting PT2.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

There's probably a few areas I still haven't been to yet so I'll find out, as I've started going about completing the missions I've not yet done.

Also I decided to check my videos as for what levels I actually was when I finished the main quest. I was actually level 31 when I first took on the Warrior; it was level 32. After I killed it I left and did some other things and came back when I was level 33 to start farming it; at that point it was level 34 and has stayed that way.

Also when you're done with the missions in Lynchwood, tell me what level the enemies all are. I think I was around level 27-28 when...

I took on the mission to kill Dukino's mother ...

So ... well, I've got some unfinished missions in Lynchwood so I'm planning to go back and I could tell you what level the enemies are. o-o

Also the Caustic Caverns aren't really an optional area. Optional as in you only visit it for side-quests (Marcus sends you there to recover things he lost from his safe) but a lot of places are only visited as optional quests and they've stayed at the levels I was at when I first went to them.

... Also killing level 8 enemies using level 32 guns is funny. Because they EXPLODE. lol.
    Last edited by Ranshiin; 10-05-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I like whacking them with the Law revolver. 230% melee damage (30 from skill). Lots of blood splatter. And haven't done the quest in the spoilers yet, Was twenty-five when I finished Lynchwood. They where about that level when I left. Also I butchered the boss there. By that I mean I completely screwed up the bonus objectives.

Accidentally launched a missile at the Deputy while trying to kill a marshal in FFYL.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've not actually got that far in Lynchwood ... I've still got two missions (3:10 to Kaboom! and the bank robbery mission) to do, which I plan to do today or tomorrow. So ... I think you've technically gotten through Lynchwood further than me lol.

I never actually went to the place until I was forced to for the 'the Bane' quest. Died a few times because of how many enemies spawn around the railtracks ... though getting Marauders to try to jump across when the train was coming over ... was totally worth it.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Probably, I tend to do all the missions at one time. So far I've only skipped the mail delivery/pickup ones and the siege one in Thousand Cuts. And didn't have trouble with the enemies there. Then I mostly use a sniper riffle so, BOOM HEADSHOT. Oh and I couldn't get Rubi since the quest bugged and would only let me turn it in to Mordecai.

EDIT: Did the voice for the Morningstar weapon remind anyone else of Bulma?
    Last edited by GameGeeks; 10-06-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I didn't keep the Morningstar long enough to really pay much attention to its voice ... by the time I got it I had a MUCH BETTER sniper so ... yeah. Plus I hate Hyperion stuff. Only decent Hyperion guns are shotguns ... I can't believe I'm saying that.

And I was doing more missions today ... mostly clearing out zones to get the achievements for exploration. Just have one left (haven't fully explored the wildlife exploitation preserve IIRC) and the 'explore all named locations' achievement ... I was also doing some of the Lynchwood missions again ... all the enemies are level 30-31 now ... which is making the skag-rider Marshals a real pain since all my guns are level 32 max. =/

All the side missions I've got left now are the annoying ones that I want to do in co-op since they'll be easier. Do not have the patience to go through the Caustic Caverns solo... hate Threshers. Completely hate Threshers. :l

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Here's a vid of it. And are you on TVHM? In the main one I didn't have any issue with Caustic Caverns save the time I went in early for the Minecraft easter egg. But that was just me getting nabbed by the wormhole ones. As for me, the only annoying ones are the ones you can fail. Namely the mail delivery/collection ones. Oh and the bee is nuts. Though only seems an issue with Shotguns. I'd suggest on those maybe giving each pellet half the effect. I'd say SMGs too but those are all one bullet each and the nature of the gun is rapid fire so I say it's fine as is for them.

EDIT: Odd, did a hyperlink and it just posted the video in place of the word.

Though neat we don't need to do bbc code for that now.
    Last edited by GameGeeks; 10-08-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm not on TVHM yet. I'm still slowly grinding my way as high a level as I can get to, also I plan to complete all the side quests and such before I start so that not only do I not need to worry about that achievement, but I also have some practice against all the various missions and have an idea of what to expect in playthrough 2.

Also the past few days I've had nobody to co-op it with. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get all the side-quests completed with a friend since the ones I haven't done are the annoying failable quests/timed quests/circles of slaughter.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Eh, there's no need, you can switch between the two modes at will. And yeah, I'd like someone to co-op with. The only guy I know is now playing a panda in WoW.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, I know it's possible to switch =P but I would rather get everything in playthrough 1 done first so it's not something I need to worry about for playthrough 2. =p

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Finally got my first Legendary weapon after defeating the Warrior though it's kind of useless, the weapons is called 'Juicy Flakker'. Also, started playthough 2 for my Commando and made a new Assassin character.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The Mechromancer is one word: AWESOME.

Srsly.

23. Likes Ωmega liked this post
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post

The Mechromancer is one word: AWESOME.

Srsly.
    Mechromancer? Is that a new class or something?

Also, there are some bugs in the game that I've noticed less they've been patched already:

1) Enemies tend to aim up even within players' presence.

2) Enemies sometimes won't spawn during Slaughter rounds.
    Last edited by Light Buster; 10-15-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Light Buster View Post
    Mechromancer? Is that a new class or something?

Also, there are some bugs in the game that I've noticed less they've been patched already:

1) Enemies tend to aim up even within players' presence.

2) Enemies sometimes won't spawn during Slaughter rounds.
    First released DLC ... she got released like a week ago dude, and she's awesome. She's also proven to be a much better solo character than Zero ... and I've only ever been killed against hordes of Threshers when using her.

and I've never noticed those bugs. I DID, however, get this weird bug where when against Handsome Jack at the end, the Surveyor that put his shield up disappeared so I was literally left unable to attack him ... had to kill myself and restart the fight to fix it :l

Also who was I arguing with about level caps? Because I've noted the following:

I took on the final mission one level lower with my Mechromancer than I did my Assassin; the Warrior is now capped at level 33, and only drops level 31 gear. On my Assassin, he's capped at level 34 and drops level 32 gear.

So there's definitely something going on there.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

That'd be me. And what level are the two chars? For me at 36 it was 34. As for the bug, they spawn, just a bit outside of the map, it's a known bug. And since I'm broke I haven't gotten Gaige yet. Then again, I still have three characters to play through. Did get the season pass and am looking forward to that. Shame no level cap increase with it. Though I wont install it till after I hit 50 and beat the Warrior. Sitting at 48 now. And gotta say, Ruin + Converge = Things Die Quickly. Especially if you're using Chain Reaction, Wreck and Reaper. All I'll say is I wish I had tried SMGs in PT1. Maliwan is my new favorite manufacturer. Though I keep either a Bandit or Dahl non elemental SMG handy for those enemies that resist elements.

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

I've learned something during my second playthrough with my Commando (my main character):

Slag Sniper Rifle + Torque Rocket Launcher = 100K+ Damage

Now that's deadly. Also, it would seem that I need to join some Premier Club to get access to the Mecromancer if I'm not mistaken.

Oh, my Commando is level 39 about to hit 40 and my Assassin is level 11 I believe.
    Last edited by Light Buster; 10-15-2012 at 08:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information