AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The reasons why i hate the ending of Code Geass (spoilers)

Junior Member Wecc is on a distinguished road Wecc's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2012 02:50 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The reasons why i hate the ending of Code Geass (spoilers)

First to be clear i don't hate the entire series just the ending. To be more specific probably from the point after they leave the sword of akasha for the last time after charles and marianne die. Now i would be completely fine with a sad ending in which Lelouch dies. I understand that they were intentionally trying to punish themselves due to some random change of heart at the end were they both think they need to atone for what they have done. They make it seem like Suzaku is absolutly stuck with the live command but why in the world dont they just have orange boy erase it. They bring up his geass erasing powers for one episode and then they just make it seem like he's just a goofball of a mindslave to Lelouch for the rest of the series without this power. Secondly it didn't need to be Lelouch to be the villian at the end. They have Schneizel under their control. SCHNEIZEL UNDER THEIR CONTROL. They don't even really need to make him act any differently than he already was going to they just need to make it so they can assassinate him easily later, he was already going to be an smart aleck dictator anyway. Finally this just ticked me off why the HELL did Lelouch use Geass on Nunnally i was fine with him turning on Euphi only because he accidentally used his Geass on her and he had to correct his mistake. But it just Urks me to no end because it just seems completly out of character for him to use Geass on Nunnally.

Idk i just finished the series for the first time and i might just be overreacting but tell me what you guys think of the ending.

Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 06:08 PM
    Threads

Default Re: The reasons why i hate the ending of Code Geass (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Wecc View Post
    First to be clear i don't hate the entire series just the ending. To be more specific probably from the point after they leave the sword of akasha for the last time after charles and marianne die. Now i would be completely fine with a sad ending in which Lelouch dies. I understand that they were intentionally trying to punish themselves due to some random change of heart at the end were they both think they need to atone for what they have done. They make it seem like Suzaku is absolutly stuck with the live command but why in the world dont they just have orange boy erase it. They bring up his geass erasing powers for one episode and then they just make it seem like he's just a goofball of a mindslave to Lelouch for the rest of the series without this power.
    I'll answer these the best I can. I'm sure LeLouche had no intention of erasing the 'live' command from Suzaku Kururugi. And in the end, Suzaku saw the 'live' command as a just curse he must live with to attone for his sins.

Secondly it didn't need to be Lelouch to be the villian at the end. They have Schneizel under their control. SCHNEIZEL UNDER THEIR CONTROL. They don't even really need to make him act any differently than he already was going to they just need to make it so they can assassinate him easily later, he was already going to be an smart aleck dictator anyway. Finally this just ticked me off why the HELL did Lelouch use Geass on Nunnally i was fine with him turning on Euphi only because he accidentally used his Geass on her and he had to correct his mistake. But it just Urks me to no end because it just seems completly out of character for him to use Geass on Nunnally.
    LeLouche is not going to force his brother to be the villian. That is selfish and unruly. LeLouche played the role as the villian, considering this his attonement for his sins. So many innocent lives were taken because of LeLouche, and his final act was a requiem in honor of those who had fallen. That and 'Zero' was in a better postition to take the fall over Schneizel and better attrach the blame away from Brittania being that he was an outcast prince unlike Schneizel. If Schneizel was blamed, then Brittania as a whole will be blamed for all the war and ravage that Brittania has cause and thus result in an allout war of the world, this time with Brittania on the defensive. LeLouche wished to end all of the wars for Nuannaly's sake.

There is also the matter of the fact that the Black Knights would not accept LeLouch as being the new leader of Brittania after feeling betrayed.

Also, Schneizel was better as a political leader while LeLouche is completely inept. LeLouche had made himself the villian and made Suzaku the hero knowing that Schneizel would accept this, give up his own contraversal pursuits, follow the example of this new Zero, and be a proper leader for Brittania. LeLouche wanted to create a peaceful world for Nuannaly, and there was only one way that made sense from all perspectives and satisfied the expectations of all of the world's inhabitants properly.
    Last edited by Ayu 「あゆ」; 09-13-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Junior Member Wecc is on a distinguished road Wecc's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2012 02:50 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ayu 「あゆ」 View Post
    I'll answer these the best I can. I'm sure LeLouche had no intention of erasing the 'live' command from Suzaku Kururugi. And in the end, Suzaku saw the 'live' command as a just curse he must live with to attone for his sins.
    now this i understand it seems within Suzaku's character the entire series he was this way in his thinkings.

LeLouche is not going to force his brother to be the villian. That is selfish and unruly.
    Also, Schneizel was better as a political leader while LeLouche is completely inept. LeLouche had made himself the villian and made Suzaku the hero knowing that Schneizel would accept this, give up his own contraversal pursuits, follow the example of this new Zero, and be a proper leader for Brittania.
    But the only reason Schneizel listens to the new Zero is because Lelouch doesnt tell him to listen to himself he tells Schneizel to listen to Zero. Schneizel was already going to make himself the villian of the world its not like he would have to change him for it. All he would have to do is set up the execution. I don't see how making him act completly unlike he normally would is any worse than just letting him do what he wanted.

LeLouche played the role as the villian, considering this his attonement for his sins. So many innocent lives were taken because of LeLouche, and his final act was a requiem in honor of those who had fallen. That and 'Zero' was in a better postition to take the fall over Schneizel and better attrach the blame away from Brittania being that he was an outcast prince unlike Schneizel. If Schneizel was blamed, then Brittania as a whole will be blamed for all the war and ravage that Brittania has cause and thus result in an allout war of the world, this time with Brittania on the defensive. LeLouche wished to end all of the wars for Nuannaly's sake.

There is also the matter of the fact that the Black Knights would not accept LeLouch as being the new leader of Brittania after feeling betrayed.
    This is were I am jjust lost. It just doesnt seem within his character to feel this way. After accidentally using geass on Euphi he doesnt think of a way to save her he MUST KILL HER and in the process sheds one single tear. At the death of Shirley he just tries to force her to live and afterwards he isnt regretful he's full of anger at Rolo and can only think of killing him. After seeing his parents wanting to stop time it just doesnt make sense that he randomly just completly changes character. I understand there is no way i hell he could ever be the leader of Brittania but I dont think that was his goal in the first place the goal was to make the world a better place. I think Nunnally or Cornelia could have easily stepped in (after schneizles death in my replacement world) and been wonderful leaders.

Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 06:08 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Wecc View Post
    But the only reason Schneizel listens to the new Zero is because Lelouch doesnt tell him to listen to himself he tells Schneizel to listen to Zero. Schneizel was already going to make himself the villian of the world its not like he would have to change him for it. All he would have to do is set up the execution. I don't see how making him act completly unlike he normally would is any worse than just letting him do what he wanted.
    The thing with Schneizel was that he was not a villain in the tradional sense. Schneizel wanted to save the world just as LeLouche and Suzaku did, but Scheizel's means to do so is what made him a villain. In his mindset, the end result justify the means; he doesn't care how the world is saved so long as the world becomes a better, more peaceful world in the end. And he would have understood and accepted the Zero Requiem even without being cursed by the Geass.

This is were I am jjust lost. It just doesnt seem within his character to feel this way. After accidentally using geass on Euphi he doesnt think of a way to save her he MUST KILL HER and in the process sheds one single tear. At the death of Shirley he just tries to force her to live and afterwards he isnt regretful he's full of anger at Rolo and can only think of killing him. After seeing his parents wanting to stop time it just doesnt make sense that he randomly just completly changes character. I understand there is no way i hell he could ever be the leader of Brittania but I dont think that was his goal in the first place the goal was to make the world a better place. I think Nunnally or Cornelia could have easily stepped in (after schneizles death in my replacement world) and been wonderful leaders.
    As for Schneizel, he was a very ideal leader of Brittania with his values for the most part, and he is much more experienced. Not only that, Schneizel understood the identity of Zero. LeLouche and Scheizel are very similar in their ideals, and that is probably why he chose him to lead Brittania in the aftermath of the Zero Requiem. That and Nuannaly knows nothing of politics, and Cornelia is a lesser leader and she would not have understood LeLouche's and Suzaku's requiem as Schneizel would.

As for LeLouche, LeLouche was full of grief and regret as well as anger, yet he chose to force himself to carry on anyways. He did blame Rolo for the death of Shirley, but he also blamed himself and the power of Geass for all of this as well.

Later on, LeLouche had a heart-to-heart moment with Suzaku where he begged him to save Nuannaly. Suzaku then demanded that he tell him why he killed all those innocent people, and LeLouche chose to lie to him, telling him that he was using everyone as his pawns; LeLouche chose to lie and continue to carry this burden of the world by himself. Suzaku saw through this and told him that if he is going to lie, then be a true knight for justice and keep the lie going to the very end and save this world.

Soon after this, Nuannaly "dies" in the destruction of the Fleija warhard, and LeLouche gave up on living. He hated himself for everything he has done and everything he had failed to do. That day, he stopped caring about his revenge for Rolo and about his ambitions for the world, and he wished only to die when all of a sudden, Rolo saved him against his will. After Rolo's death, he decides that he cannot give up yet and that he must carry out "The Zero Requiem" as a pay of tribute for all of the destruction and death he had caused. And so he finishes what he started.

The Zero Requiem was never really out of character. LeLouche was suffering deeply from all of the terrible things he had forced himself to do to create an ideal world for Nuannaly. It was only fitting that LeLouche wished to pay for his crimes in the end for everyone's sake.
    Last edited by Ayu 「あゆ」; 09-13-2012 at 02:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information