AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama or Romney?

Senior Member Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    05-29-2017 12:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    NEWS: QE3 enacted by FED
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

Default Re: Obama or Romney?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    Because when comparing the two ads, I found the Romney ad more laughable due to the dialogue and poor acting *cue dramatic music* "That's not the change I voted for!" "What can we do? we can vote with someone with values!" I thought that was obvious, but then again, most propaganda ads have a measure of laughability. This one though, was just incredibly cheesy. Hence, more laughable. The other ad, propaganda yes, funny, no.
    So you will judge politicians on their propaganda, about the humorousness of the dishonesty in ads, instead of the dishonesty itself. That's perfectly fine, but don't go back on your word on me now! You could've dropped it before the web of words made things even stickier, but:

Yes, probably. Are you expecting an actual, serious business debate?
    This speaks for itself for anything I should come to expect now.

Everyone:

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skilero View Post
    So you will judge politicians on their propaganda, about the humorousness of the dishonesty in ads, instead of the dishonesty itself. That's perfectly fine, but don't go back on your word on me now! You could've dropped it before the web of words made things even stickier, but:

This speaks for itself for anything I should come to expect now.

Everyone:
    I could have dropped it before you started to nitpick my posts, therefore making the thread "go around in circles" ... true.

And your referenced posts are both 404. Sorry.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 09-15-2012 at 09:09 PM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

3. Likes Skilero liked this post
    Member †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai†'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2012 09:08 PM
    Threads

Thanks, typing before I think again. D;

Quote Originally Posted by PinkGalaxies View Post
    I do think they should consider respecting someone that is gay, but it's something I don't see ever happening. If anything, it would be tolerance of the highest degree for them.
    The reality of this is: This was (and in some cases still is) an issue with race, class (as in wealth), and religion. Heck, we have police officers beating on civilians just because they can or because of hate crimes. With the right laws being set into place and enforced, gays will be treated equally with time.

Homosexuality is just another label to fight about like Race, Wealth, Religion ect. ect. Besides, people are more interested in playing with iPhones instead of going to jail because they barbecued their neighbors' house for being gay.

(Sig made by: Capernicus)

Senior Member Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

I could have dropped it before you started to nitpick my posts, therefore making the thread "go around in circles" ... true.

And your referenced posts are both 404. Sorry.
    I only nitpicked because there was an intrinsic double-standard to what you were saying, but that's been completely resolved now. Frankly, I don't care if you judge ads by how funny their dishonesty is instead of the dishonesty itself. *lol*

And thanks for the update. Posts referenced in this post now.

Quote Originally Posted by †Erikai† View Post
    The reality of this is: This was (and in some cases still is) an issue with race, class (as in wealth), and religion. Heck, we have police officers beating on civilians just because they can or because of hate crimes. With the right laws being set into place and enforced, gays will be treated equally with time.

Homosexuality is just another label to fight about like Race, Wealth, Religion ect. ect. Besides, people are more interested in playing with iPhones instead of going to jail because they barbecued their neighbors' house for being gay.
    Barbecuing your gay neighbor's home is illegal under either Obama or Romney! Police officers "beating on" anyone without substantial reason is unjust under both Obama or Romney!

And, my posts:

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...=1#post2714151

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...=1#post2713958

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by ShizaMaku View Post
    (to the original point of the thread)
    This (sorry Sasori). Until I can vote I don't give a damn, I probably still won't when I to be honest.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

7. Likes aerophobia, ShizaMaku liked this post
    Dislikes Skilero disliked this post
    Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Mario 1-Up Mushroom Katana
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 01:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by †Erikai† View Post
    Thanks, typing before I think again. D;

That's true. Perhaps living in this state is making me think strange things or maybe I should stop paying attention to the news. All I ever hear these days is something bad, but I do live in the city after all. Lately, I have been hearing a lot about someone who was texting and driving, lived through the wreck, but killed people or injured people. Someone seriously needs to make a law on the texting and driving mess. CA already enforces it. Other states need to do the same.

9. Likes Assiduous✡Aristocrat liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

That's true. Perhaps living in this state is making me think strange things or maybe I should stop paying attention to the news. All I ever hear these days is something bad, but I do live in the city after all. Lately, I have been hearing a lot about someone who was texting and driving, lived through the wreck, but killed people or injured people. Someone seriously needs to make a law on the texting and driving mess. CA already enforces it. Other states need to do the same.
    Personally, I think the texting and driving bit should be banned when it isn't during rush hour on an interstate. Manual use of the cell phone is relevant for businessmen on interstates during rush hour and it does not pose a great risk enough to thwart their productivity from using the devices.

Artistic Muse Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish 258 - Mudkip Favorite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2012 10:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I choose L! ^_^

^I didn't get a good response with that comment, it seems. XD In all honesty, though... I am leaning more towards Obama.
    Last edited by Kirei Shijin; 09-16-2012 at 03:38 AM.

12. Likes Jozette liked this post
    Dislikes Assiduous✡Aristocrat disliked this post
    Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Mario 1-Up Mushroom Katana
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 01:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Personally, I think the texting and driving bit should be banned when it isn't during rush hour on an interstate. Manual use of the cell phone is relevant for businessmen on interstates during rush hour and it does not pose a great risk enough to thwart their productivity from using the devices.
    Calling someone doesn't take your eyes off of the road, so I don't see a problem with that. I have seen some that get in arguments on the phone and pull out in front of you or almost hit you (happens to me all the time when I'm driving). My biggest concern is the texting because you have to actually look at the screen to read it, which takes your attention away from the road. If someone is going to read a text or text, they should do it at a time that they don't have their hands on a steering wheel, and at a time where they don't need to keep their eyes on the road.

Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

Calling someone doesn't take your eyes off of the road, so I don't see a problem with that. I have seen some that get in arguments on the phone and pull out in front of you or almost hit you (happens to me all the time when I'm driving). My biggest concern is the texting because you have to actually look at the screen to read it, which takes your attention away from the road. If someone is going to read a text or text, they should do it at a time that they don't have their hands on a steering wheel, and at a time where they don't need to keep their eyes on the road.
    People are still heavily distracted when they are talking to someone on the phone as they drive. Hands-free devices are a decent legal alternative, and what I'd said before about using the device manually would still apply.

Back on topic folks.

15. Likes PinkGalaxies liked this post
    Member ParaParaJMo2 is on a distinguished road ParaParaJMo2's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2012 06:29 PM
    Threads

I still support Ron Paul. He is the ONLY politician that has ever made any sense to me.

Laugh~ luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Naruto Headband Systems PS3 Katana
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2015 07:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: luzTHEninja

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_ma2g1xXh2c1qm7cj1o1_500.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	68272

Obama lol
    Xx~Laughs and smiles are for the strong~xX

18. Thanks aerophobia, Thefringedninja, Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    Likes aerophobia, animeyay, Thefringedninja liked this post
    Dislikes Assiduous✡Aristocrat, Skilero disliked this post
    Senior Member Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2016 03:10 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by luz~ View Post
    Attachment 68272

Obama lol
    What a thought out and well written post.
    No, wait... it isn't.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Attachment 68272

Obama lol
    Who would dislike this? this is hilarious.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

21. Thanks aerophobia, luz~ thanked for this post
    Likes aerophobia, Thefringedninja, luz~ liked this post
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.LeDoom! View Post
    It's always the liberal demofags that ruin everything. You'd be willing to compromise an entire nation's wealth, freedom and dignity just to have a few Gay rights tossed at you. The LGBT seems to have more power than it needs; it could use a little trimming.
    Obama is black (you can relate to that), and a democrat, so that seems like a good way to wash some white guilt for the rest, doesn't it?
    First of all, it should be noted that I am not a Democrat, so I can't relate to Obama on a party level. And considering all of the White politicians that I have voted for in the past (and the fact that my own race is quite mixed up), I'm not voting for Obama simply because he is Black; that wasn't the case 4 years ago and its not the case now.

Second, for me, I am not necessarily voting for more rights, but for the same rights that everyone else has. As it stands, I could get fired for being bisexual and it would perfectly legal (my boss would be hella screwed business wise because I am his only technician, but it would still be legal) . I'm against Romney because with him, we are certain to never get a common ground. Civil unions used to be a compromise, but he wants to get rid of them. Workplace equality would be at a standstill.

Also, the policies that Romney has presented to "fix" the economy don't really impress me anymore than what Obama's policies have done for you, so I'm not sacrificing anything; to say that I am "compromising" our nation's wealth and freedom just because I support LGBT rights is a fallacy on your part.

Plus, in my opinion, I don't think that this country can hold up to much "dignity" if we are still systematically discriminating against a group of people based upon someone's convoluted interpretation of a holy book and a dangerous obsession about what people are doing in bed.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

23. Thanks aerophobia, Thefringedninja, Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    Likes suzumi, aerophobia, Thefringedninja liked this post
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Romney, like his fellow Massachusetts politician John Kerry, is a flip flopper. Romney says he's pro-choice but now he's pro-life. He supported national health care, now says he is against it. Bashes the Chinese, but yet benefits from their investments.

Obama promises to cut the deficit in his first 4 years, but adds more to it. Says he would close Guantanimo, but keeps it open. He tells the occupy wall street people that he got involved in service for them, but yet, he bails out wall street (and didn't Paul Ryan vote for the bail outs?). And the first lady thinks she knows what is best for us telling us what to eat and all that.

It is sad that 3rd party candidates are blocked from the bigger part of the process and it is unconstitutional that the system is being limited to 2 parties. All parties should be allowed to have the same television time on the big networks and should be actively allowed to participate in the debates.

25. Thanks Thefringedninja thanked for this post
    Likes aerophobia, Thefringedninja liked this post
    Laugh~ luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Naruto Headband Systems PS3 Katana
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2015 07:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: luzTHEninja

Quote Originally Posted by טוביה View Post
    What a thought out and well written post.
    No, wait... it isn't.
    It's a simple question, Obama or Romney. It doesnt have to be a well thought out explanation. Its an answer and a little joke nothing wrong with that.
    Xx~Laughs and smiles are for the strong~xX

27. Likes Kirei Shijin, Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

Obama all the way!

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Attachment 68272

Obama lol
    Wow, this is one of the best things I've ever seen! xD
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    First of all, it should be noted that I am not a Democrat, so I can't relate to Obama on a party level. And considering all of the White politicians that I have voted for in the past (and the fact that my own race is quite mixed up), I'm not voting for Obama simply because he is Black; that wasn't the case 4 years ago and its not the case now.

1.) Second, for me, I am not necessarily voting for more rights, but for the same rights that everyone else has. As it stands, I could get fired for being bisexual and it would perfectly legal (my boss would be hella screwed business wise because I am his only technician, but it would still be legal) . I'm against Romney because with him, we are certain to never get a common ground. Civil unions used to be a compromise, but he wants to get rid of them. Workplace equality would be at a standstill.

2.) Also, the policies that Romney has presented to "fix" the economy don't really impress me anymore than what Obama's policies have done for you, so I'm not sacrificing anything; to say that I am "compromising" our nation's wealth and freedom just because I support LGBT rights is a fallacy on your part.

3.) Plus, in my opinion, I don't think that this country can hold up to much "dignity" if we are still systematically discriminating against a group of people based upon someone's convoluted interpretation of a holy book and a dangerous obsession about what people are doing in bed.
    The above quote's points were numbered by me.

1.)
    I know Romney would take action against gay marriage and abortion if he could. How do you expect him to pass a Constitutional amendment overturning Roe V. Wade or limiting marriage to a man and a woman? The result of Romney being in office would be nearly of as much consequence for gay rights and abortion rights activists as would Obama being re-elected. How about we address the economy, social security, and the general security of our posterity as I've been requesting in my past posts?
    2.) Why?

3. ) Ditto. See point 1.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

I know Romney would take action against gay marriage and abortion if he could. How do you expect him to pass a Constitutional amendment overturning Roe V. Wade or limiting marriage to a man and a woman? The result of Romney being in office would be nearly of as much consequence for gay rights and abortion rights activists as would Obama being re-elected. How about we address the economy, social security, and the general security of our posterity as I've been requesting in my past posts?
    First, I will point out that your opinion is no more important than anybody else's. Why you are insisting that I read your posts (particularly on a subject that is not connected to what I posted) is beyond me.

Second, considering Romney's fervent opposition against gay marriage and LGBT rights (his own stated opinions, his proposed policies, etc), why should I believe that he would do anything positive on that front if he had the chance? He's had plenty of chances to convince me that his opinions weren't as extreme as I thought, but he has failed again and again and again. Also, while his ability to actually place a marriage amendment into the Constitution is up in the air, it is still something that he is advocating, something that he has promised to work towards. It is his ignorant opinion that it should be against federal law for someone to be able to marry a person that they love simply because they are of the same sex is just one reason why I am not voting for Romney.

2.) Why?
    Why what? Why am I not impressed with Romney's potential economical policies or why saying that supporting LGBT rights is "compromising" a nation's wealth is a fallacy?
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

1) First, I will point out that your opinion is no more important than anybody else's. Why you are insisting that I read your posts (particularly on a subject that is not connected to what I posted) is beyond me.

2) Second, considering Romney's fervent opposition against gay marriage and LGBT rights (his own stated opinions, his proposed policies, etc), why should I believe that he would do anything positive on that front if he had the chance? He's had plenty of chances to convince me that his opinions weren't as extreme as I thought, but he has failed again and again and again. Also, while his ability to actually place a marriage amendment into the Constitution is up in the air, it is still something that he is advocating, something that he has promised to work towards. It is his ignorant opinion that it should be against federal law for someone to be able to marry a person that they love simply because they are of the same sex is just one reason why I am not voting for Romney.

3) Why what? Why am I not impressed with Romney's potential economical policies or why saying that supporting LGBT rights is "compromising" a nation's wealth is a fallacy?
    1) I mentioned those posts because they were about the economy, social security, and the general security of our posterity. No one is addressing them whatsoever, yet the things I have seen about the candidate choices that have been brought up in this thread have mostly been about the differences between Romney and Obama in gay marriage/LGBT beliefs. I have submitted a perspective to this claim already, however flawed it may be, and this is a rare time I've actually gotten a response on anything about an issue (which I thank you for confronting).

2) My concession concerning Romney taking action on those fronts if he could still applies. If you want to talk about gay marriage/LGBT rights, then it is advisable, I argue, to do so under the context of what's likely to actually be done instead of what the politician would like to have done; this is in alignment with our reasoning for not bothering with third-party candidates in this election - that the intentions to our vote don't matter as much as the results. I never said Romney would do good for the efforts regarding gay marriage/LGBT rights, but that the consequences for them under either Romney or Obama would not differ much. If this difference is what you place significance upon, even if the difference's value is not so great as others regard it, then we have our difference in opinion here.

3)
    Also, the policies that Romney has presented to "fix" the economy don't really impress me anymore than what Obama's policies have done for you, so I'm not sacrificing anything; to say that I am "compromising" our nation's wealth and freedom just because I support LGBT rights is a fallacy on your part.
    I figured the two points presented here were from the same line of reasoning. I wanted to ask "why" to see what your opinion was on Obama's economic policy vs. Romney's. And here, I stress, that my former posts be referenced for some of my reasoning to make counterpoints upon. It isn't a matter of an opinion being superior to another, but a matter of exchanging ideas and sharing one's reflections upon them for all parties to form better decisions. If we abandon discourse we abandon sound reason itself given the relative insularity of the human mind.

Senior Member Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud has a reputation beyond repute Assud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2013 07:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

They're both lying sacks of doggie poop! We're screwed either way.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

When I left office, unemployment was 4.7%, gas cost $2.26 a gallon and 17 million Americans were on food stamps. Almost 4 years later under Obama, unemployment is at a record 8.3%, gas costs $4.00 a gallon and 43 million Americans are on food stamps.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

a dangerous obsession about what people are doing in bed.
    I <3 Boobs
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 09-21-2012 at 12:58 PM.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

34. Thanks Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well obama is still continuing bush's policies of bail outs and keeping guantanimo open. change my donkey. i can't stand that neocons have taken over the republican party and extreme liberals have taken over the democratic party.

Senior Member marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Witch Hat Gir Aries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2012 08:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeBboy View Post
    Don't really like any of the issues that both bring up. Until I can see a more concert plan from both sides I won't be voting for either candidate.
    Agreed. Obama has held off signing some global thing that would stop gun production in the US, putting it on the road towards making guns illegal if he's re-elected. And Romney and his entire agenda just puts me off. Thinking of writing in Ron Paul. I doubt he would win but the other two wont get my vote.
    My Bubblegum Crisis fan-site --> The Bubblegum Crisis Sanctum (a work in progress)

and my humble blog --> The Writing Desk

--> My AF album

Pet Shop Story and Dragon Story ids: webowers, wbowers

37. Thanks aerophobia thanked for this post
    Likes aerophobia liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information