AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama or Romney?

Senior Member Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    05-29-2017 12:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    NEWS: QE3 enacted by FED
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

Default Re: Obama or Romney?

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    People expected Obama to be some sort of savior which was wrong on their part. 1. He's just a regular president 2. He's a president 99.99% of congress seems to hate. People seem to forget Obama doesn't have the power to do anything. He just presents the bills to congress and they accept/reject them. And honestly they reject the heck out of them just because he's a black president. Congress is full of racist old farts and that's why stuff doesn't get done, not because he isn't doing anything. There's a congressman who specifically said he's instantly shoot down anything obama suggested just because he didn't like him. Excuse me? Shouldn't you be looking at the idea and not the person who submitted the idea? You're going to shoot down something (even if you may agree with it) JUST because you don't like the person?? You're a congressman, you shouldn't be stooping that low. But alas these type of people still get elected in....

I'm not going to go this much further into politics since politics is really a vast topic that is hard to fully wrap your mind around and quite frankly I don't feel like debating it right now.
    > Says the only reason President Obama might be unsuccessful is because "99.99% of Congress hates him."
    > Says "99.99% of Congress" hates him because he's black.
    > One guy used for empirical evidence.
    > Doesn't feel like debating it right now.

Thanks for stopping by...

---

And anyone, please, make my day and address those posts.

2. Likes Assiduous✡Aristocrat liked this post
    Senior Member Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2016 03:10 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Skilero View Post
    > Says "99.99% of Congress" hates him because he's black.
    The race card is always fun to play. It's the Exodia of the real world.

4. Likes Ranshiin liked this post
    Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE]
    The video you posted in this quote is from a Political Action Committee that Romney never endorsed. Still not for anyone who makes propaganda like that, though?

In 2001, Mr. Soptic lost his job. In 2002, Romney formally left Bain. In 2002 or, perhaps, 2003, Mr. Soptic's wife leaves her job. In 2006, Mr. Soptic's wife was diagnosed with cancer and passed away. This commercial neglects that timeline and blames Romney for the death of this man's wife. Obama never endorsed this commercial either, but the Democratic National Committee Chairman has publicly defended the ad and another ad that Obama actually did endorse features Joe Soptic too.

----

Also, I agree with you that the federal government shouldn't be deciding who can marry and whether or not the states should prevent abortion procedures. This conceded, someone supporting Obama to actually address the points I've made in past posts with this thread before claiming righteousness to Obama though. It just looks bad to ignore everything I've said and cheer for abortion rights as we neglect the dialogue for economy, social security, and the general security of our posterity. Mind us, Roe v. Wade can only be overturned with the executive power by supporting a Constitutional amendment through the legislature - something that would never be attainable by 2016. As far as the marriage amendment goes, it would surely not be taken through the legislature either. Obama's support of gay rights and abortion can only be shown in his inaction about them anyway, as far as I'm concerned.

Yes. Still not for propaganda. I don't worship Obama, nor did I say he can't push propaganda. Only that in my opinion, when compared to Romney, he seems like 'the lesser evil'.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Senior Member Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    ...he seems like 'the lesser evil'.
    Lesser evil is still evil.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by טוביה View Post
    Lesser evil is still evil.
    Obviously. That's why it's called "The Lesser Evil". As in, perceivably less evil than someone who seems considerably more evil.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Senior Member Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

Yes. Still not for propaganda. I don't worship Obama, nor did I say he can't push propaganda. Only that in my opinion, when compared to Romney, he seems like 'the lesser evil'.
    Tempted to say neither even though i'm a Democrat. But I like Obama, so ...

Not for anyone who's against gay rights, women's rights, or basically any rights. Or someone who makes laughable propaganda like this (although the bad acting is amusing):
    Actually, you precisely implied President Obama can't push propaganda. You "like" him, and also say you won't support "someone who makes laughable propaganda" like the video you posted.

Look, the original post you made was unfair and unsubstantiated by citing that video. Romney didn't endorse the conservative ad, and Obama was just as involved with Soptic's ad if not more so. Talk about the issues some more and we'll actually break ground here.

---

---
    EDIT:

Obviously. That's why it's called "The Lesser Evil". As in, perceivably less evil than someone who seems considerably more evil.
    He's telling you to support Independent candidates.
    Last edited by Skilero; 09-15-2012 at 03:41 PM.

9. Likes Assiduous✡Aristocrat liked this post
    Member †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai† is infamous around these parts †Erikai†'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2012 09:08 PM
    Threads

Gary Johnson..
    Democrats seem to not want to fix the actual debt, and Republicans want to restrict people on rights they should have, like abortion. Romney killed me with that, 'Legit Rape' stuff. XDDD

EDIT: Mistake! Todd, not Romney, made me turn from the Republicans this year.

Gary Johnson wants to keep the freedom on the interwebz.. And can you say 'One Billion Dollars'?
    Last edited by †Erikai†; 09-15-2012 at 09:18 PM.

(Sig made by: Capernicus)

Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

He's telling you to support Independent candidates.

Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Actually, you precisely implied President Obama can't push propaganda. You "like" him, and also say you won't support "someone who makes laughable propaganda" like the video you posted.

Look, the original post you made was unfair and unsubstantiated by citing that video. Romney didn't endorse the conservative ad, and Obama was just as involved with Soptic's ad if not more so. Talk about the issues some more and we'll actually break ground here.
    Just because I "like" Obama based on the fact he seems to have a more favorable image that's in line with my political views (he isn't against gay marriage or women's rights, or at least does not seem to be), doesn't mean I don't think he can't push propaganda, lie, or that he's incapable of doing things that are morally or ethically wrong. I think I stated that in my first post.

The reason I cited the video was to make an example of something I don't support: homophobic ads. Romney didn't endorse it? big deal. He endorses the following, seeing as the below quotes are from his own mouth:

“Marriage is a relationship between one man and one woman. The protection of religious freedom has also become a matter of debate. It strikes me as odd that the free exercise of religious faith is sometimes treated as a problem, something America is stuck with instead of blessed with. Perhaps religious conscience upsets the designs of those who feel that the highest wisdom and authority comes from government.”
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/05...-sex-marriage/

And screw women too, why do they get to decide what they do with their own body? Romney as i'm sure as most republicans would, would like to cut funding for planned parenthood. Yay coathanger abortions and cancer for low-income women! i'm sure since he wants to lower taxes for the rich, those poor people with no medical insurance are just out of luck. Afford your own birth control, you trollops and rape victims. Can't? well, you shouldn't have been raped in the first place.

"Of course you get rid of Obamacare, that's the easy one, but there are others," he said. "Planned Parenthood, we're going to get rid of that."

Planned Parenthood responded to Romney's comments on Tuesday, characterizing them as dangerous and out of step with what Americans want.

“When Mitt Romney says he wants to ‘get rid’ of Planned Parenthood, he means getting rid of the preventive health care that three million people a year rely on for cancer screenings, birth control, and other preventive care," said Dawn Laguens, Vice President for Planned Parenthood Action Fund, in a written statement. “Mitt Romney simply can’t be trusted when it comes to women’s health."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1343450.html

I don't think I need to explain further why I don't like Romney, Akin, anyone who thinks like him.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 09-15-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Member ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku has a reputation beyond repute ShizaMaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Mario Bob-omb Dice D12
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2012 06:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: crankincrash

(to the original point of the thread)

14. Likes Miss Moonlight liked this post
    Dislikes Skilero disliked this post
    Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Mario 1-Up Mushroom Katana
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 01:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

“Marriage is a relationship between one man and one woman. The protection of religious freedom has also become a matter of debate. It strikes me as odd that the free exercise of religious faith is sometimes treated as a problem, something America is stuck with instead of blessed with. Perhaps religious conscience upsets the designs of those who feel that the highest wisdom and authority comes from government.”

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/05...-sex-marriage/

And screw women too, why do they get to decide what they do with their own body? Romney as i'm sure as most republicans would, would like to cut funding for planned parenthood. Yay coathanger abortions and cancer for low-income women! i'm sure since he wants to lower taxes for the rich, those poor people with no medical insurance are just out of luck. Afford your own birth control, you trollops and rape victims. Can't? well, you shouldn't have been raped in the first place.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1343450.html

I don't think I need to explain further why I don't like Romney, Akin, anyone who thinks like him.
    I don't really care about the same sex marriage stuff. He does have a point. Woman + man = kid. Woman + woman = adoption. Man + man = adoption. I don't have anything against gays. I have gay friends, but he has a point. Plus, I couldn't live in a world where someone the same gender as me could freely "check me out."

I don't agree with it being in the military either. Straight people feel uncomfortable to those things, especially when naked around someone who likes the same gender. You can say "Ohhh gay people will only stick to themselves blah blah," but if a law was passed where everyone could be openly gay, there would be some serious issues here. Not every gay person sticks to their self. I'm sure you would hear a lot more about how someone got shot for being straight or someone got shot for being gay. It would be ridiculous, and the crime rate would go up even more.

The abortion stuff is something I dislike about Romney. Women should be able to do what they want with their body. When women get an abortion, it's not murder because the child isn't developed yet. Plus, things have been this way for years. Why change it now? There are a lot of things I don't like about Romney, but I still feel he is better than Obama.

Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PinkGalaxies View Post
    I don't really care about the same sex marriage stuff. He does have a point. Woman + man = kid. Woman + woman = adoption. Man + man = adoption. I don't have anything against gays. I have gay friends, but he has a point. Plus, I couldn't live in a world where someone the same gender as me could freely "check me out."
    You live in a world like that now.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You live in a world like that now.
    Yeah, but it's not how it would be if every state was forced to have that. Schools still say they're not for gays, there are still gay days, gay bars, etc. If a law was passed where everyone had to accept gays, there would be no gay days, bars, etc. They wouldn't be needed anymore because everyone would just be forced to have to deal with openly gay people everywhere, even in places where it was once for straight people only. Today, you don't see two guys or girls kissing in public places (most states) because they would get stared at and not really feel like they belonged, so no it is not a world like that now.

Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah, but it's not how it would be if every state was forced to have that. Schools still say they're not for gays, there are still gay days, gay bars, etc. If a law was passed where everyone had to accept gays, there would be no gay days, bars, etc. They wouldn't be needed anymore because everyone would just be forced to have to deal with openly gay people everywhere, even in places where it was once for straight people only. Today, you don't see two guys or girls kissing in public places (most states) because they would get stared at and not really feel like they belonged, so no it is not a world like that now.
    Yea, actually it is.

I've seen gay couples kiss ... in public. It did not actually faze me, and I did not spontaneously combust.

With gay-marriages becoming more legally and socially accepted, how isn't it a world like that now, when previously it wasn't? obviously homophobic attudes still exist, like all other kinds of bigotry do, but great strides have been made to give rights to groups of people that previously did not have them.

And people aren't 'forced' to deal with gay people. If you're forcing something on someone, that means you're giving them little choice to deal with it. If you're not homophobic and consider it 'forcing', then you don't accept homosexuals, you tolerate homosexuals.

And 'tolerance' is really more of a silent kind of hatred or disgust. "Well, I don't WANT to like this person ... but I guess I have to act like I do to save face ..."
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

19. Likes Assiduous✡Aristocrat liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yea, actually it is.

I've seen gay couples kiss ... in public. It did not actually faze me, and I did not spontaneously combust.

With gay-marriages becoming more legally and socially accepted, how isn't it a world like that now, when previously it wasn't? obviously homophobic attudes still exist, like all other kinds of bigotry do, but great strides have been made to give rights to groups of people that previously did not have them.

And people aren't 'forced' to deal with gay people. If you're forcing something on someone, that means you're giving them little choice to deal with it. If you're not homophobic and consider it 'forcing', then you don't accept homosexuals, you tolerate homosexuals.

And 'tolerance' is really more of a silent kind of hatred or disgust. "Well, I don't WANT to like this person ... but I guess I have to act like I do to save face ..."
    It would be forcing because you wouldn't be able to go to a place to get away from it, except your own home. I understand both sides of the argument. Gays feel that they should be allowed to marry, I think they should too. It's a free country, and they should be allowed to marry just like anyone else. What I am saying is that when you give someone an inch, they take a mile.

They would start strikes because of gay days etc. They would want to go around everywhere just like straight people do, so that it would be equal. Sometimes people taking a mile in the country for freedom is a good thing, but I don't see straight people tolerating not being able to go somewhere without seeing gay couples. It's obvious that Obama is saying he is for gay marriage for votes because he knows others won't be for it, and he thinks this will be an automatic win for him.

Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It would be forcing because you wouldn't be able to go to a place to get away from it, except your own home. I understand both sides of the argument. Gays feel that they should be allowed to marry, I think they should too. It's a free country, and they should be allowed to marry just like anyone else. What I am saying is that when you give someone an inch, they take a mile.

They would start strikes because of gay days etc. They would want to go around everywhere just like straight people do, so that it would be equal. Sometimes people taking a mile in the country for freedom is a good thing, but I don't see straight people tolerating not being able to go somewhere without seeing gay couples. It's obvious that Obama is saying he is for gay marriage for votes because he knows others won't be for it, and he thinks this will be an automatic win for him.
    Well, that's pretty obvious. Whatever Obama's personal feelings about gay marriage, it's true that he's playing to the emotions of people who are for gay marriage because he wants their vote ... just like Romney does the opposite to win votes from people who don't agree with gay marriage.

But, like I said, if you want to "get away" from gay people, then you (generally, not you personally) must have problems with them. Someone who does not have anything against gay people is not going to be "Oh, would you look at that! someone who's gay is purchasing an ice cream cone over there, around a bunch of straight people! of all the nerve!"

"Forcing" does not seem to be the right word here. It would appear based on the wording of your posts that you believe gays getting rights is a bad thing, because you're afraid of them getting more rights than straight people? that reasoning doesn't really make sense.

Oh, and just FYI, gay people do already go around just like other people do. When they eat, they eat normal food, not "gay" food, when they park their car, they park their car, they don't "gay park" it ...
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

22. Likes suzumi, Assiduous✡Aristocrat liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, that's pretty obvious. Whatever Obama's personal feelings about gay marriage, it's true that he's playing to the emotions of people who are for gay marriage because he wants their vote ... just like Romney does the opposite to win votes from people who don't agree with gay marriage.

But, like I said, if you want to "get away" from gay people, then you (generally, not you personally) must have problems with them. Someone who does not have anything against gay people is not going to be "Oh, would you look at that! someone who's gay is purchasing an ice cream cone over there, around a bunch of straight people! of all the nerve!"

"Forcing" does not seem to be the right word here. It would appear based on the wording of your posts that you believe gays getting rights is a bad thing, because you're afraid of them getting more rights than straight people? that reasoning doesn't really make sense.

Oh, and just FYI, gay people do already go around just like other people do. When they eat, they eat normal food, not "gay" food, when they park their car, they park their car, they don't "gay park" it ...
    You don't get what I'm saying. -.-'

What I'm trying to say here is that a big feud would happen if every gay in this country started doing everything that straight people do in public. I think there would be worse things going on than just "OMG there's a gay person." I feel it would never be accepted. There are people who extremely hate gay people. It's past the point of disgust for them. It's like they want them to be wiped off the face of the earth.

You know, it's not really like racism either. A color is just there. It can't look at you, say anything to you, etc. There are some extreme racists out there, but race is a little more tolerable, I guess? I don't know if I'm making any sense right now.

I'm not saying that either. What I am talking about are things like Disney's Gay Day, and things like that. I'm not saying they don't do things like other people already, I am saying they are not as open as straight people are. I have been to every state in this country, and I have hardly ever seen a gay couple holding hands etc. I have seen a few but not many. They usually just walk beside each other to avoid stares. Some girls hug on each other, but that's normal for us girls to do anyway, so I think that's why no one really says anything about that.

If guys saw two men hugging each other like that, they'd immediately go "Whoa! They have to be gay. That's too girly for us guys to do." You have to think about how guys think too rather than just us girls. Girls generally aren't very violent, but guys are. If a girl hit on me, I would tell them I was straight and off to be friends, and they would probably accept that and apologize. If a guy hit on a straight guy, he would freak out and go "Whoa man! I'm straight! What the eff is wrong with you?!" and want to fight.

That is why I think we should have separate places for the straight and gay (not restaurants, parking lots, etc). I think it's something that will never be socially accepted. When black people (not being offensive) were given rights, it took white people years to realize that they were just like everybody else. The straight and gay conflict will always be a conflict. I don't see there ever being any acceptance, especially when people get really upset just over hearing the word gay. My parents threatened to kick me out once when they found out I had gay friends. It's just something some people can't tolerate, stand, or deal with.

24. Dislikes Skilero disliked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You don't get what I'm saying. -.-'

What I'm trying to say here is that a big feud would happen if every gay in this country started doing everything that straight people do in public. I think there would be worse things going on than just "OMG there's a gay person." I feel it would never be accepted. There are people who extremely hate gay people. It's past the point of disgust for them. It's like they want them to be wiped off the face of the earth.

You know, it's not really like racism either. A color is just there. It can't look at you, say anything to you, etc. There are some extreme racists out there, but race is a little more tolerable, I guess? I don't know if I'm making any sense right now.

I'm not saying that either. What I am talking about are things like Disney's Gay Day, and things like that. I'm not saying they don't do things like other people already, I am saying they are not as open as straight people are. I have been to every state in this country, and I have hardly ever seen a gay couple holding hands etc. I have seen a few but not many. They usually just walk beside each other to avoid stares. Some girls hug on each other, but that's normal for us girls to do anyway, so I think that's why no one really says anything about that.

If guys saw two men hugging each other like that, they'd immediately go "Whoa! They have to be gay. That's too girly for us guys to do." You have to think about how guys think too rather than just us girls. Girls generally aren't very violent, but guys are. If a girl hit on me, I would tell them I was straight and off to be friends, and they would probably accept that and apologize. If a guy hit on a straight guy, he would freak out and go "Whoa man! I'm straight! What the eff is wrong with you?!" and want to fight.

That is why I think we should have separate places for the straight and gay (not restaurants, parking lots, etc). I think it's something that will never be socially accepted. When black people (not being offensive) were given rights, it took white people years to realize that they were just like everybody else. The straight and gay conflict will always be a conflict. I don't see there ever being any acceptance, especially when people get really upset just over hearing the word gay. My parents threatened to kick me out once when they found out I had gay friends. It's just something some people can't tolerate, stand, or deal with.
    No, i'm afraid i'm not picking up what you're putting down.

That is why I think we should have separate places for the straight and gay (not restaurants, parking lots, etc).
    You're suggesting segregation between gay people and straight people? for serious? not sure, but that might set the gay rights movement back a bit.

I don't see there ever being any acceptance, especially when people ...
    Then you haven't been around many accepting people.
    I don't see there ever being any acceptance, especially when people get really upset just over hearing the word gay..
    There is acceptance among people who accept it. Ever read/hear the news? if people have such a problem with hearing the word "gay", that's pretty much their issue.

If guys saw two men hugging each other like that, they'd immediately go "Whoa! They have to be gay. That's too girly for us guys to do."
    Presumptuous assumption. Unless they really care that much.

My parents threatened to kick me out once when they found out I had gay friends. It's just something some people can't tolerate, stand, or deal with.
    Then that's their problem.

To put it bluntly, that's because your parents are homophobic douchebags.

When black people (not being offensive)
    Your entire post is a buffet of offensive.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 09-15-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No, i'm afraid i'm not picking up what you're putting down.

You're suggesting segregation between gay people and straight people? for serious? not sure, but that might set the gay rights movement back a bit.

Your entire post is a buffet of offensive.
    No. I'm saying things should stay the way they are, but if gay marriage is passed they probably won't. We already have gay clubs, gay bars, etc. Things like that are needed for the violent people I mentioned in my earlier post. I'm not saying they should only go to those places because that is where they belong, I'm saying they are needed to keep the peace and them out of harm's way. You can't tell me that gay people hitting on straight people wouldn't and doesn't cause a fight. Not all people give acceptance easily like others do.

It's only coming out that way because you're not getting what I'm saying. Plus, this is one of those "touchy" subjects where people can easily take offense even when a person isn't meaning for it to be that way.

Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No. I'm saying things should stay the way they are, but if gay marriage is passed they probably won't. We already have gay clubs, gay bars, etc. Things like that are needed for the violent people I mentioned in my earlier post. I'm not saying they should only go to those places because that is where they belong, I'm saying they are needed to keep the peace and them out of harm's way. You can't tell me that gay people hitting on straight people wouldn't and doesn't cause a fight. Not all people give acceptance easily like others do.

It's only coming out that way because you're not getting what I'm saying. Plus, this is one of those "touchy" subjects where people can easily take offense even when a person isn't meaning for it to be that way.
    You are aware that gay marriages have already been legalized in over five states so far ...

It is worrying that you suggest the way to end homophobia or "protect gay people from harm" is for them to just go to their specially-segregated "gay zones" to "keep the peace" rather than just wanting people to change their attitudes instead.

It's only coming out that way because you're not getting what I'm saying.
    I don't believe i'm misinterpreting you.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 09-15-2012 at 07:31 PM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

28. Likes Assiduous✡Aristocrat liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You are aware that gay marriages have already been legalized in over five states so far ...

It is worrying that you suggest the way to end homophobia or "protect gay people from harm" is for them to just go to their specially-segregated "gay zones" to "keep the peace" rather than just wanting people to change their attitudes instead.

I don't believe i'm misinterpreting you.
    I haven't once downed anything about gay marriage, and I know it has been. I'm talking about something completely different, the aftermath. Things will be fine for a while. Gay marriage will be accepted, but do you think it will stop there? Nope. Though, it seems that would be a good thing, it wouldn't be due to what I have stated before.

People won't change their attitudes due to the birds and the bees. Plus, as I said before, it's not like color or anything else that can be easily accepted and probably will never be accepted. I think the only thing that I could compare the gay and straight conflict to is religion. You almost never hear a Muslim turning Christian, Christian turning Muslim, etc. It's just one of those things that just never happens.

Also, people in clubs, bars etc are usually drinking, so if someone said the right thing or did the wrong thing, it would set them off easily. I'm on both sides of the conflict to a degree because I understand what both sides want. I just don't see the whole conflict ever becoming accepted even if gays got "complete equality". They'll never have complete equality no matter how many laws are passed because most people won't accept them like they do other things and other people. I'm not saying that I don't want people to change their thoughts, I'm just saying that I understand the conflict. I do think they should consider respecting someone that is gay, but it's something I don't see ever happening. If anything, it would be tolerance of the highest degree for them.

Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by ShizaMaku View Post
    [Profane Image] (to the original point of the thread)
    Forum rules still apply to images. Not only does that post's text violate the rules, but it looks bad on you for even posting here to begin with if you don't care.

---

Tempted to say neither even though i'm a Democrat. But I like Obama, so ...

Not for anyone who's against gay rights, women's rights, or basically any rights. Or someone who makes laughable propaganda like this (although the bad acting is amusing):

-video-

All politicians lie, though, i'm sure everyone knows this. They all just want your vote; they don't care about anything else. So basically when you vote, you just have to determine the lesser evil.
    The reason I cited the video was to make an example of something I don't support: homophobic ads.
    In your original post, you said you didn't support people who deny the rights of abortion and same-gender marriage to others, and then went on to say that you don't support people who make "laughable propaganda." After which you cited the ad framing Obama as "forcing gay marriage" onto people as such "laughable propaganda." I only assumed you would find an ad accusing Romney of being responsible for this Mr. Soptic's wife's death just as disagreeable, but I was wrong. You aren't "for" anyone who makes what you would consider "laughable propaganda," yet you have supported Obama in your posts so far. If you honestly didn't mean to impose a double-standard, which I'm believing now that you've explained yourself further, then we can move on to the issues themselves.

---

I know Romney would take action against gay marriage and abortion if he could. How do you expect him to pass a Constitutional amendment overturning Roe V. Wade or limiting marriage to a man and a woman? The result of Romney being in office would be nearly of as much consequence for gay rights and abortion rights activists as would Obama being re-elected. How about we address the economy, social security, and the general security of our posterity as I've been requesting in my past posts? Again, for talking points:

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by †Erikai† View Post
    Democrats seem to not want to fix the actual debt, and Republicans want to restrict people on rights they should have, like abortion. Romney killed me with that, 'Legit Rape' stuff. XDDD
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...te-rape-romney
    Last edited by Skilero; 09-15-2012 at 08:29 PM.

31. Likes Assiduous✡Aristocrat liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In your original post, you said you didn't support people who deny the rights of abortion and same-gender marriage to others, and then went on to say that you don't support people who make "laughable propaganda." After which you cited the ad framing Obama as "forcing gay marriage" onto people as such "laughable propaganda." I only assumed you would find an ad accusing Romney of being responsible for this Mr. Soptic's wife's death just as disagreeable, but I was wrong. You aren't "for" anyone who makes what you would consider "laughable propaganda," yet you have supported Obama in your posts so far. If you honestly didn't mean to impose a double-standard, which I'm believing now that you've explained yourself further, then we can move on to the issues themselves.
    Thanks for the summary, but where did I say or imply that the ad accusing Romney of being responsible for Mr. Soptic's wife's death was agreeable in any way? I assumed based on my posts that it was clear I don't like propaganda in general, because it's mostly all lies. It's clear that both Obama and Romney have propaganda videos against each other; that's pretty much a given, right?

And you're right, I probably shouldn't side with Obama. That would be weird, for me, as a Democrat. Even though I know all politicians lie, I can't side with one because that's imposing a double standard. Perhaps I just shouldn't label myself as a Democrat then?

Please tell me more.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 09-15-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

Thanks for the summary, but where did I say that the ad accusing Romney of being responsible for Mr. Soptic's wife's death was agreeable in any way? I assumed based on my posts that it was clear I don't like propaganda in general, because it's mostly all lies. It's clear that both Obama and Romney have propaganda videos against each other; that's pretty much a given, right?

And you're right, I probably shouldn't side with Obama. That would be weird, for me, as a Democrat. Even though I know all politicians lie, I can't side with one because that's imposing a double standard. Perhaps I just shouldn't label myself as a Democrat then?

Please tell me more.
    I didn't say you ever claimed the ad agreeable. I said you didn't find the ad disagreeable enough to be "laughable propaganda," because you would "not be for" a candidate who used it. If the ad you used is laughable propaganda, but the ad accusing Romney of killing this guy's wife isn't, where the heck does logic take you but a double standard? And it was in those words I claimed the double standard, but you explained yourself at my prompting and your stance has been cleared on the issue now.

So, economy, social security, general security of posterity:

At everyone: Or is this thread going to keep going in circles away from these things?

Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I didn't say you ever claimed the ad agreeable. I said you didn't find the ad disagreeable enough to be "laughable propaganda," because you would "not be for" a candidate who used it. If the ad you used is laughable propaganda, but the ad accusing Romney of killing this guy's wife isn't, where the heck does logic take you but a double standard? And it was in those words I claimed the double standard, but you explained yourself at my prompting and your stance has been cleared on the issue now.
    Because when comparing the two ads, I found the Romney ad more laughable due to the dialogue and poor acting *cue dramatic music* "That's not the change I voted for!" "What can we do? we can vote with someone with values!" I thought that was obvious, but then again, most propaganda ads have a measure of laughability. This one though, was just incredibly cheesy. Hence, more laughable. The other ad, propaganda yes, funny, no.

At everyone: Or is this thread going to keep going in circles away from these things?
    Yes, probably. Are you expecting an actual, serious business debate?
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Closed Thread

Thread Information