AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What I accomplished over the weekend

Senior Member T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Sushi2
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2016 10:43 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: What I accomplished over the weekend

@Ranshiin Well cleaning is one of those things that just needs done. I hate doing it, but I hate when its messy even more. I'd take a whole day of back breaking logging as opposed to 1hr of cleaning, but you got to take the good with the bad. I spent nearly all day sunday cleaning too. Usually I like to keep things neat and 'clean as I go' but some rooms like the basement gets neglected for a long time and stuff piles up. I spent most of the day just organizing and cleaning in the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamind's Minion View Post
    Haha.. Actually it was only 5k run, there's a 10k too...
    And yes, it's not really a marathon... I just want to call it that... Feels like one too...
    As I am into sprint running rather that long distance running... [/COLOR]
    Oh I got ya now. Name:  thumb.gif
Views: 14
Size:  139 BytesAwesome. And for the rest of you runners @PinkGalaxies @Thefringedninja I did a 5k on saturday myself actually... probably my last race of the year, not sure. Its the only local race where I live, my small town puts on a fair called the Old Time Farming Festival. Its actually really neat, well at least if you like antique tractors and old fashioned stuff.

It was the 3rd time I ran this race but the first time doing it barefoot. Actually when I ran it last year it was my last shod race, so this is a good comparison to see what my barefoot training has done this year. Although I have mainly been training for longer slower runs, not short fast ones. Last year was 22:58 which was my fastest ever 5k after getting back into running. Its a pretty small race, usually just 2-3 dozen and half of that is the local schools crosscountry team. Well this year they had a meet and were not present. I actually thought I had a chance of winning it, and I would have if they guy tailing me the whole way wouldnt have passed me right at the end! 2nd place and 20:05! Thats getting back into my highschool crosscountry times... never thought I'd be that fast again.

A gal I know that does barefoot running too (I ran the Columbus 1/2 marathon with her, we were the only two barefooters lol) next weekend she'll be running the NorthCoast 24 hour endurance run (http://www.northcoast24.org/) now thats some crazy stuff there. The winners are usually 150+ miles wowza. The cool thing is you just run as much as you want to, you can stop anytime. Its scored on how many miles you get in 24hrs. I can't imagine running 150 miles or for 24 hours straight! But sounds like fun so maybe someday! Hannah you rock, good luck next weekend!
    ~ Tristan

Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Mario 1-Up Mushroom Katana
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 01:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T-Stew View Post
    @Ranshiin Well cleaning is one of those things that just needs done. I hate doing it, but I hate when its messy even more. I'd take a whole day of back breaking logging as opposed to 1hr of cleaning, but you got to take the good with the bad. I spent nearly all day sunday cleaning too. Usually I like to keep things neat and 'clean as I go' but some rooms like the basement gets neglected for a long time and stuff piles up. I spent most of the day just organizing and cleaning in the basement.

Oh I got ya now. Attachment 68275Awesome. And for the rest of you runners @PinkGalaxies @Thefringedninja I did a 5k on saturday myself actually... probably my last race of the year, not sure. Its the only local race where I live, my small town puts on a fair called the Old Time Farming Festival. Its actually really neat, well at least if you like antique tractors and old fashioned stuff.

It was the 3rd time I ran this race but the first time doing it barefoot. Actually when I ran it last year it was my last shod race, so this is a good comparison to see what my barefoot training has done this year. Although I have mainly been training for longer slower runs, not short fast ones. Last year was 22:58 which was my fastest ever 5k after getting back into running. Its a pretty small race, usually just 2-3 dozen and half of that is the local schools crosscountry team. Well this year they had a meet and were not present. I actually thought I had a chance of winning it, and I would have if they guy tailing me the whole way wouldnt have passed me right at the end! 2nd place and 20:05! Thats getting back into my highschool crosscountry times... never thought I'd be that fast again.

A gal I know that does barefoot running too (I ran the Columbus 1/2 marathon with her, we were the only two barefooters lol) next weekend she'll be running the NorthCoast 24 hour endurance run (http://www.northcoast24.org/) now thats some crazy stuff there. The winners are usually 150+ miles wowza. The cool thing is you just run as much as you want to, you can stop anytime. Its scored on how many miles you get in 24hrs. I can't imagine running 150 miles or for 24 hours straight! But sounds like fun so maybe someday! Hannah you rock, good luck next weekend!
    Your feet had to have been dying from the hot asphalt. Congrats on 2nd place. :]

3. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

@T-Stew Congrats! That's brilliant...the training is obviously paying off 2nd place!!!!

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    "What I accomplished over the weekend"

... I downloaded a few games on Steam, I pre-loaded Borderlands 2, I got drunk. I FINALLY got some blu-tack to tack up my Borderlands 2 and Driver:SF posters onto my door. I got drunk again whilst playing Worms: Armageddon.

I suppose my one ACTUAL accomplishment was that yesterday morning, I tidied up my apartment. I mean properly tidied up, not the man's 'oh, I'll just stack everything in the corner and call it done' tidied. I went through my cupboard and removed all the cardboard boxes of things I'd bought that I figure I won't need, such as the relevant items being too old to be taken back for refunds, and I went and took them all out to the recycling bins at the back-side of my apartment block and put them all in the cardboard recycling bin.

I vacuumed my hallway, and put all my socks into neat little bundles in my wardrobe (normally I just leave them all in a wash-basket once washed so it's easy for me to just pick two matching socks out and put them on). I got rid of all the socks that have overly large holes in the soles. I moved the plastic crate of old video games out from the corner of my room into the cupboard, where the cardboard boxes had once been. I found my DSi XL's charger, and the box for Bowser's Inside Story (no game, though..) in the process.

Now I suppose most people will call that laziness, but I do tend to just stack things in corners and call it done. Yay me. ¬_¬
    That's not just a man's thing...I do that all the time :P
    Actually, I just tend to put things at the foot of my bed and think "I'll deal with it later!". Then later comes around and I say to myself, "I'm too tired" and thus the cycle continues....
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Closed Thread

Thread Information