AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gundam unicorn Complete series box?

Junior Member EDM is on a distinguished road EDM's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2013 11:52 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default gundam unicorn Complete series box?

i have been watching gundam since i was small and ive been buying them up as i go. so far my last gundam is Gundam 00. i started watching unicorn and i must say the character animation is different from the animator of seed an 00. seems closer to that of the original mobile suit gundam.

anyway i am amazed at the animation of the mechs and characters (takes a year to make i hear so makes sense)

anyway do you think they will eventually release a box set of all the ep. i really dont want to buy each for 50$. So do you think they will eventually do this or am i doomed?

Senior Member Admiral Muffin is on a distinguished road Admiral Muffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2012 01:43 PM
    Threads

Default Re: gundam unicorn Complete series box?

Unfortunately Bandai US is ending their home video releases so you have no choice but to import the BDs which I hear also includes english subs and dub.

Junior Member EDM is on a distinguished road EDM's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2013 11:52 AM
    Threads

D: dang, so im screwed. thanks for the reply i was hoping to get some info

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2014 11:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

No, they won't.

Gundam Unicorn is part of the Universal Century timeline - meaning it is a continuation of the same universe as the original Mobile Suit Gundam series, along with other series such as Gundam Z, Gundam ZZ, Gundam: The 08th MS Team, Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket, Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, and Gundam: Char's Counterattack. Each of these series occur with in the same timeline, along with numerous manga and novels.

Gundam shows like SEED or 00 are AU series - "Alternative Timeline". Typical one-off shows that aren't related to the Universal Century, the main Gundam timeline.

Gundam Unicorn was originally being released in 6 OVAs, but that was recently changed to 7 due to scheduling. There was one OVA every 6 months until 5, which is going to be out nearly a year after 4. Each OVA is released on DVD and BluRay world-wide on the same day, and can be bought through the Gundam Unicorn website or RightStuf. Each DVD/BR contains both English and Japanese audio, as well as subtitles in Japanese, English, Chinese, German, French, and Spanish. But, they are sold for the Japanese retail price - meaning each volume is $50-$60USD for one hour of content.

They tried the boxset thing with the Kara no Kyoukai films, bundling up 7 of them and the epilogue on BR, but it still went for the Japanese price, and was several hundred dollars. Because they were released in limited quantities (despite selling out almost immediately), they currently sell for easily $1000 online.
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 09-11-2012 at 03:38 PM.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information