AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: COSPLAY HELP::: Painting on PVC Fabric

Junior Member Nyralia is on a distinguished road Nyralia's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2012 11:31 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Cool COSPLAY HELP::: Painting on PVC Fabric

Hello cosplayers! ^_____^

I am currently in the works of a cosplay that requires me to paint white details on the main part of the costume... the body suit is PVC stretchy shiny black material cat suit.

What type of white paint should I use to paint on this? Do I need to be wearing it while I paint it? Any other tips?

Thank you!

Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Mario 1-Up Mushroom Katana
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2014 01:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: COSPLAY HELP::: Painting on PVC Fabric

If you wear it while you paint it, it won't come out right. Maybe you should post a picture, so we get a better understanding.

0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Its going to be this cat suit::

http://www.artificeclothing.com/em/s...?idproduct=147

I need to paint some stitching-type design on it. (Think kind of like catwoman white stitching.)

I've read a few threads... some say to use paint needed for miniatures like warhammer, or to use something called "puffy paint" for arts and crafts, and another thread just said to sew embroidery thread on it but I am afraid it will rip -_-;

Senior Member PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies has a reputation beyond repute PinkGalaxies's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I wouldn't sew it. I'm thinking of how Catwoman's stitching looks, and I would definitely go with paint. You can get a pack of various paintbrushes from Wal-Mart in the arts and crafts section for like $4-$6, and they also have little paint plates for $1.00. You will need paint for leather clothing or paint that says it's for all clothing. The price on that varies. Once you find a white that matches Catwoman's (I think they used regular white like the color of white glue), you can practice painting lines with various paint brushes on paper or something until you find the lines you like. After that, let you mind go wild with your design.

0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah thank you! I think sewing would make me too nervous, ha! The company who makes the cat suit informed me that stitching the fabric would cause stretching in the area, but no ripping. Which isn't bad.

I just need to figure out the type of paint. They are sending me some extra fabric, so I am going to buy a few different types and see which seems to last longer/not crack or flake.

Some forums say Citadel miniature paint from Games Workshop or Paint used for WarHammer minatures, some say that Poofy paint stuff from Michaels lol called Scribbles, some say Latex paint but I don't think that will dry correctly... so I am just going to have to buy a little bit of everything and hope for the best I guess,

........since no one has a definite answer!

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Another site said...

"I'd use Jacquard's Neopaque. Try http://www.dharmatrading.com or your local very good craft stores.

Second choice would be a good artists' acrylic thinned with textile medium or anything else the art store can suggest to make the film more flexible."

And then simply enamel paint of any kind... time to hunt paint.

Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have a friend that paints Warhammer figures. He uses some expensive paint. Like one bottle costs him like $30, but he does live in CA too. If you want to see some of his videos on how to paint intricate details, I'll post them. His YT username is TechmarineArkantos.

0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't mind if the paint is expensive, if it works for what I am doing, then its worth it. I should only need a bottle ! And it is only simple stitch-markings Thank you!

Gil
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You're welcome. I hope it comes out the way you want it. Be sure to post pics when you're done. :]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information