So after rewatching the series - now I saw it two or three times - I still cant find any sign of its "greatness" or this "best anime of all time" feeling many anime fans keep to bable about.

1. In my opinion it only became so popular because it was the first anime of its kind (space western) aimed exclusively for an American audience - In Japan the anime was a flop and in Europe it wasnt very popular either.

2. What makes it so epic?? Its episodic without a plot, it doesnt really have a main villain, the characters dont have any special abilities , nor are they anything special themselves. They just experience random adventures - defeating the enemy of the week.

For a 26 episode anime theres just to few character - if I count the dog and vicious then theres 6 or so. And since I hate blues and jazz I found the soundtrack to be most painfull for my ears.

Theres allmost no comedy ( the cowboy episode beeing perhaps an exception) and no drama - just some action - other animes like Code geass make you cry and laugh regulary - while CB manages this not at all (in my case) or rarely

The english dub is good - granted - But the animation didnt strike me as superb either.
Blue submarine No 6 came out roughly at the same time and had WAY better animation.

IMO CB really cant compare to Death Note, Code Geass, Clannad, Steins gate or the other top tier animes which came out recently.

In terms of suspence, entertainment, soundtrack, action, story, drama and character development there are animes which are way better than CB - so please enlighten me - what do CB fans see in this series which would justify the often used title of "best anime of all times"???