AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jun's Signatures

Member Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Melon Pan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2012 12:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Jun's Signatures

Well, this is my first signature attempt. I was hoping for some constructive feedback as to what I need to improve on. Thanks ahead of time.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Also, the brushes I used were Super Buu's Chaos Abstract brushes. I used the Cloister Black(One from Deathnote) font as well.
    Renders are from an anime called "Sword Art Online(SAO)".

UPDATE!
    ======
    Haven't been able to post some more of my signatures lately, but here are a few that I finished. They look terrible though.

One I made for my brother Shiza Maku(Note: I used the Darker Than Black background, due to lack of time):

Also, a non-signature GFX that I did(Still not finished however):
    Last edited by Jun_Hiroshi; 09-13-2012 at 03:52 AM.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Default Re: First Signature attempt

its not bad for a first try. What program do you use?

Heres my criticism. Its a bit too plain. There needs to be some more stuff going on. some lighting would be nice.
    The renders seem pretty low res. Or maybe thats just cus they are too small. The brush you used doesn't really stand out enough or work well with the rest of the sig.
    The writing looks glued on rather than being a part of the sig. It needs to blend in better.
    Lastly, the colors don't work very well together. try doing a gradient map, photo filter, and add some contrast.

Still looks better than my first. i'll give ya that haha
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Member Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi has much to be proud of Jun_Hiroshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Melon Pan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    its not bad for a first try. What program do you use?

Heres my criticism. Its a bit too plain. There needs to be some more stuff going on. some lighting would be nice.
    The renders seem pretty low res. Or maybe thats just cus they are too small. The brush you used doesn't really stand out enough or work well with the rest of the sig.
    The writing looks glued on rather than being a part of the sig. It needs to blend in better.
    Lastly, the colors don't work very well together. try doing a gradient map, photo filter, and add some contrast.

Still looks better than my first. i'll give ya that haha
    I used Gimp to make that. I'll try to improve on the things you listed, thanks for the tips and constructive criticism. I actually made another signature, would you mind telling me your opinion of it?

Last edited by Jun_Hiroshi; 09-02-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Senior Member Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Photoshop Monkey
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2016 05:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DontBeScared209 PSN ID: OhHelloFolks Steam ID: ApeorHominid

Not very different then the first one, in my opinion. You need to get the basics down, the fundamentals of gimp. I think you've got the right ideas just not enough of the skills quite yet. Here's a beginner tutorial to kind of get you on your way to a more clean design. I'd like to see you expand and grow on the forum, I hope you don't take my advice as being spiteful. Here's the youtube video for the tutorial.

[x]

Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Melon Pan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    Not very different then the first one, in my opinion. You need to get the basics down, the fundamentals of gimp. I think you've got the right ideas just not enough of the skills quite yet. Here's a beginner tutorial to kind of get you on your way to a more clean design. I'd like to see you expand and grow on the forum, I hope you don't take my advice as being spiteful. Here's the youtube video for the tutorial.

The Gimp used in that video looks nothing like mine....

Senior Member Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Photoshop Monkey
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

What version of gimp do you have?
    [x]

Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Melon Pan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I use Gimp Version 2.8

Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Photoshop Monkey
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jun_Hiroshi View Post
    I use Gimp Version 2.8
    http://www.otakuzone.com/forums/detail/getid/1657541/

Here's a very basic signature tutorial for 2.8
    [x]

Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Melon Pan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Thank you for that tutorial, it gave me a better outlook on some tools that I wasn't quite sure how to use. I hope i'm able to fully utilize the way he/she explained their background making process, because I really enjoyed glimpsing at the end result. I'll attempt to get a signature, of better quality than my previous attempts made tomorrow. Could you critique that one as well? I prefer having rather detailed feedback on my skill progression and what I need to focus on, in terms of practice. Also, if I may ask... is there a site you would suggest(or link to) that has a wide variety of HQ renders? Preferably, anime/manga and game characters?

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

Thank you for that tutorial, it gave me a better outlook on some tools that I wasn't quite sure how to use. I hope i'm able to fully utilize the way he/she explained their background making process, because I really enjoyed glimpsing at the end result.

I'll attempt to get a signature, of better quality than my previous attempts made by tomorrow night. Could you critique that one as well? I prefer having rather detailed feedback on my skill progression and what I need to focus on, in terms of practice.

Also, if I may ask... is there a site you would suggest(or link to) that has a wide variety of HQ renders? Preferably, anime/manga and game characters?

Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Melon Pan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Jun's Signatures

Sorry for my inactivity, I've had somethings going on.
    I updated the original thread with newer Signatures, and one non-signature. Please critic those as well, because I would like to know what areas I still need a lot of improvement in.
    Note: They're not in any order, just which I saw first on my DA account while linking.
    -Jun

Member ✞GrimStride✞ is on a distinguished road ✞GrimStride✞'s Avatar
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2012 05:17 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jun_Hiroshi View Post
    The Gimp used in that video looks nothing like mine....
    That's because the program used in the video is Photoshop

On topic
    Your signatures are as good as can be expected from a beginner . There are tons of tutorials on the net . Check out as many as you can and keep practicing . You'll get better with time

Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Melon Pan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ✞GrimStride✞ View Post
    That's because the program used in the video is Photoshop

On topic
    Your signatures are as good as can be expected from a beginner . There are tons of tutorials on the net . Check out as many as you can and keep practicing . You'll get better with time
    Oh, I see. Well, thanks for the expectations. I'll try my best, and Google is a good friend to have when looking for tutorials. Best friend~!*^*

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information