AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's the worst computer you have ever owned?

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Default Re: What's the worst computer you have ever owned?

any PC i've ever owned.
    Apples are just on such a different level.
    i can honestly say that i had much more fun and use out of my GameBoy Color than and Microsoft Computer i've ever owned.

Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

2. Likes The Ace RailGun liked this post
    AF's Resident Jerk Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Coke Candlejack Bullets
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2021 10:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Nephthys1

Im a poor person.... I own PC's

Senior Member Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts M1911 Battleship Favorite
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2013 07:31 AM
    Threads

This piece of garbage I am using right now.
    I can't believe a computer with specs not enough to run Crysis 2 on best settings CAN ACTUALLY DO THAT, and this computer with GREAT specs can't run most games without disabling a ton of stuff.
    Heeey!

Junior Member Xair is on a distinguished road Xair's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Paper Plane
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2012 11:38 PM
    Threads

The worst computer i ever have is actually this a school loan tablet worth nothing and the brand of this one is dell. The loan of the tablet is cost $900 each year which mean i had it since 2010 overall cost is $2700. In additional inorder to keep it u have to pay a least $200 or so as if im going to keep it. The intel to this one is centrino. lol haha

Member Animedialand is on a distinguished road Animedialand's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2012 12:57 AM
    Threads

I still own my first computer
    It runs on Windows 95 it has 32 MB RAM (2 x 16 MB) and I use it for some accounting programs
    Actually I`m pretty happy that I can still use it )

Member Syreni~Girl is on a distinguished road Syreni~Girl's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2012 12:09 PM
    Threads

i used to have a HP desktop computer it was really slow and hard to work with especially since i choose the computer skills section in my studies... i have many programs that i must install on my computer but i couldn't because Ram wasn't enough,it really sucks i had it since 9 years. it's totally broken now !!!!

Senior Member The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2013 05:09 PM
    I'm either in a book or I fell through the Looking Glass...
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tahmira Steam ID: Tahmira

Thumbs up Re: What's the worst computer you have ever owned?

Mine was a 1994 or I think 1992 laptop with minesweeper, a printer, and a floppy disk drive...no Internet, no Bluetooth and no DVD/CD drive...worst computer ever...atleast it had solitare which was the only reason I ever used it. ~Desu no~ Oh yeah I also had the opportunity to use an IBM 5100, at a friends house, which would have to be the Mac of it's time.

Kaleo...I don't know how but you have read my mind. Even the weakest Mac will overpower a P.C.
    Last edited by The Ace RailGun; 11-23-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Sig Made by my self
    ~Sure you can mess with a bull just don't start bawling when you get the horns~

HugeBeetzstudio Members:
    AnimeTrek~Founder~Leader~On YouTube~Group AMV Editor
    Maximbeet~Co-Founder~On YouTube~Group AMV Editor
    SIZARY-MOMO
    OmegaOmotron

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry, but every Mac I've ever used has been horrible. However, I'm not going to get into the debate of operating systems. >.>

Worst computer I've owned? An Amstrad CPC. Yeah, I actually had one when I was a kid and yeah, it's a 'personal computer'. Ran BASIC v3 or something, and a while back when I got a CPC emulator to play Skweek I actually had to google how to run programs on it because I literally could not remember.

Granted it's from like 1988 or something and back then being able to play Outrun with a joystick was awesome, but by today's standards the hardware is horrendous.

Other bad computers I've owned over the years include my old laptop (I bought it for Photoshop ... couldn't run Photoshop), and me being silly enough to fork out £300 to pay to repair my dad's old Tiny desktop PC so I could use it to play Trackmania (because it wouldn't play Trackmania). Butttttt that's more due to outdated hardware than anything ... though at the time when I got my laptop it was the best laptop I could find, so it really was a piece of junk. I do not miss 2004. I do not miss the hardware of that year at. all.

In other news, running Windows XP on a computer using 64MB of RAM is awesome ... and even more awesome when it runs Photoshop better than a laptop that's 8-years newer. Though this was my nan's old computer. and originally it had ME on it. Yay.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Vixen Argentum is on a distinguished road Vixen Argentum's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Scorpio
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-01-2012 06:37 PM
    Threads

My worst computers have always been Dells.

Desktop, laptops, servers, you name it. All total crap.

Junior Member IchiPH is on a distinguished road IchiPH's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-01-2012 05:23 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: IchiPH Steam ID: PHMCOSTA

A Intel 80486, it was my first computer. At the time, that was a great computer, but after some years it became a pain.

Don Asterisco TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 06:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

Quote Originally Posted by FatalEnd21 View Post
    I'm sure there's been a point in a lot of people's life where they bought a computer that wasn't what they excepted to be in terms of how good they would be. The worst computer I have ever owned, was an eMachines desktop computer. Back then when I bought it, I didn't know too much about adding more RAM to it and whatnot. I just thought the overall quality was just bad, it only lasted me about a year. I think I remember the computer being about 600 dollars. That computer also ties with another computer I owned which was a Dell Inspiron laptop, but I guess it was my own fault for being a used laptop anyway lol. It wouldn't turn on anymore and gave me a blue screen.
    eMachines are always filth, but mainly for their build quality, not because of their specifications. Gateway machines fell into the same camp. I had one that started on fire, actually. Horrid things. They used to use pretty good hard drives, though, so I often scavenged those out of my Curbside Christmas surprises, and popped 'em into better cases with better power supplies hooked up to better motherboards...

Otherwise, I had an old IBM PC that ran PC-DOS. Eventually it started on fire- mostly smoke, not dramatic and bright like the eMachines above- but this thing was from 1984 or 1985 (older than me) and ran perfectly up until only a year or two ago (including the original CRT monitor), so I can't complain much. Don't know the specs on it, and it certainly wasn't bad considering how long it lasted, but it definitely had to be the slowest, oldest and loudest I've ever used.

By the way, has anyone else ever found that most IBM monitors and towers/desktops always seem to feel like they have a brick of lead in the bottom of the case? The CAD stations were the worst, but even a desktop from IBM seemed far heavier than it should.

@Kaleohano : What?! No "Sweaty" Steve Ballmer, keepin' it classy?! What is this madness?! It's just not a good video of tech-titan mockery without Ballmer running around a stage, acting like he's just up on something, screaming at MS employees to "...give it up for me!" or repeating some single buzzword over and over again until the crowd claps just to shut him up.
    Last edited by TheAsterisk!; 11-26-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Dance Monkeyboy, Dance!

13. Likes FatalEnd21 liked this post
    Senior Member I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Chicken Present L Laptop
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2012 05:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: LenKagamine14 Steam ID: YB_RolinaFeuerbach_15

MacBook Pro. Although I probably shouldn't have tried to dual-boot Windows XP on it. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with my technology.
    Sing from the soul

Musician | Otaku | Fujoshi | Gamer
    Groups:
    The League of Legends Coalition
    RPGs:
    Legends of Sakura
    ---
    Come join me in League of Legends

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsterisk! View Post
    By the way, has anyone else ever found that most IBM monitors and towers/desktops always seem to feel like they have a brick of lead in the bottom of the case? The CAD stations were the worst, but even a desktop from IBM seemed far heavier than it should.
    I can attest to this being true. I've used a number of IBM systems (ranging from something that ran MS-DOS / Windows v3 waaaaay back in the 1999-2000 period, all the way through to ones set up at college for 3D design. They were horrible to look at, slow (yes, even the ones built for 3D design couldn't handle a GIF properly) and good luck moving them or their monitors if you so needed to.

On the upside? Working internal speakers. Which successfully got me banned off the college network for a week for playing CKY on one during lunch. Best week ever; I had an excuse to not attend classes.

"Because I can't do my work because I don't have network login access. Yeah. I'll just sit outside and play Lumines on my PSP, k."
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

A pc we had since I was 4, ... so thats about 13-14 years old now. Anyway it was windows 98 if im correct. And then we just upgraded it (Illegal) to windows 2000. And soon after that to windows XP(Illegal...we are too cool). But 1 year after that it was just a poor, sad thing.

It still works though.

AF's Resident Jerk Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Coke Candlejack Bullets
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2021 10:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Nephthys1

Click image for larger version

Name:	computer.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	73027

18. Likes Jeroen Mathon liked this post
    Senior Member Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Baka Radioactive
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2013 02:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: jeroenmathonmac

Well that will be my dell pentium XD
    Thank got i got it for free .
    I'm now using an Fully Optimised Dell vostro 420 with new hardware

Picture of the Dell pentium:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	22419C2A-3BF8-408B-BD52-F29334980881.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	73210

Junior Member pandyarenu is on a distinguished road pandyarenu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-07-2013 01:31 AM
    Threads

I am using Dell vostro version 1014, it is working good in earlier but now i don't know the reason it will be hanging like anything. Automatically it becoming stop and keyboard and mouse anything is not working that time. Then if i hold the turnoff button, then it will work normally. So i just hate it.

Junior Member xXAngiXx has much to be proud of xXAngiXx has much to be proud of xXAngiXx has much to be proud of xXAngiXx has much to be proud of xXAngiXx has much to be proud of xXAngiXx has much to be proud of xXAngiXx has much to be proud of xXAngiXx has much to be proud of xXAngiXx has much to be proud of xXAngiXx's Avatar
    Gil
    Sad
    Gifts Dice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2013 02:38 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AngiTheRacoon

My first laptop I got it in like 8th grade, And the charger burnt a hole in itself, the webcam was terrible, It sucked for gaming (only reason i wanted a laptop) It was horrible

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2014 05:35 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lots of bits PSN ID: rf_switch Steam ID: lotsofbits

The worst computer I ever owned is also one of the better ones. I had a Packard Bell w/ Pentium 60 with 8MB of RAM and a 450MB hard drive Quad Speed CD-Rom, Windows 3.11 back when the Pentium first came out. It was great at the time, I had no issues playing any games at the time really.

It also became one of the worst because my family held onto it for so long that it was extremely outdated. Even with the upgraded 2.5gig Hard Drive, 24x CD-Rom and Windows 95.. Was still stuck with a 14.4 modem though.
    Last edited by rf switch; 02-28-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

PC ran on Celeron. Seriously slow.

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Senior Member ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Gifts Hat Pocket Watch Blackjack
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2015 11:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: redsupersonicninja

An old Dell laptop I have to use when my computer breaks. So slow, so laggy. Ever played a laggy Super Mario Bros? No? That's what this laptop can do!

Junior Member kingston250 is on a distinguished road kingston250's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2013 04:01 AM
    Threads

My 1st PC is worst then all of others

Senior Member LadyAkita is a name known to all LadyAkita is a name known to all LadyAkita is a name known to all LadyAkita is a name known to all LadyAkita is a name known to all LadyAkita is a name known to all LadyAkita's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Mario Super Leaf Book PPG Bubbles
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2018 09:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The one I'm using now. It's an Acer. My boyfriend works on and builds computers as a side job and he's had more problems keeping mine up and running right than any other computer he's dealt with in a long time. I'm hoping to get a better one soon. Things aren't too fair. His computer is right next to mine and it can run the online game TERA on maximum settings in the background and run Grand Theft Auto IV on max settings at the same time. lol Really, I am just thankful mine is up and running right now.

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

2002 Sony Vaio. Bought it off a guy at work for 200 dollars. He didn't tell me it was full of viruses..

Member Unkawaii is a splendid one to behold Unkawaii is a splendid one to behold Unkawaii is a splendid one to behold Unkawaii is a splendid one to behold Unkawaii is a splendid one to behold Unkawaii is a splendid one to behold Unkawaii is a splendid one to behold Unkawaii's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-09-2016 04:38 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Unkawaii PSN ID: UnkawaiiPCMR Steam ID: IncompetantBastard

The one I have now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information