AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Card Master: Vanguard

Member GX7 is an unknown quantity at this point GX7's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2012 03:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Card Master: Vanguard

All characters are owned by me. So please ask before you use them. I will say yes.

Title: Card Master: Vanguard

Author: TimX7

Summary: Disgraced armor duelist Taiki Saruwatari leaves Japan for America. Where he discovers the secrets of his caretaker and a one of a kind deck that could help protect humanity from extraterrestrials.

Author's Note: Another spin off of the Card Master created by Richard Omega. This will have some rule changes like the other spin offs have to the card game. This is also a bit darker than the other spin offs. With some light hearted comedy to relieve the tension. This is inspired off of later Yu-Gi-Oh storylines, such as the Battle of Atlantis story arc.

Skylab High, 23rd Century Japan

A young boy around the age of thirteen years of age, with purple hair and matching eyes, knelt onto the ground with tears running down his cheeks. As well as a long urine stain running down his pants. Everyone is laughing at him and a girl around his age lights a match given to her by the headmaster. The match falls onto the boy's deck of cards, which ignite and burn rather quick. The girl is getting great joy and pleasure out of destroying the card deck that the boy used to play with in armor duels.

“Well now you remember the rules Taiki.” Kaze Fuka said. “You are prohibited to play Armor Duel indefinitely. Plus you must leave Skylab forever.”

Taiki Saruwatari, stood up and brushed himself before he walked back inside to clean out his locker and collect his stuff. He also had to hand in all of his text books back to the headmaster, who has a lot of sympathy for the unfortunate Taiki, who thought he could defeat the Japanese Card Master in a duel without any Vanguard Fusion cards in his deck. But a deal is a deal. Taiki had to leave his life as a duelist behind for a very long time. Maybe he would make a comeback, but he shook that thought of his head. If he was to make a comeback. It would not be in Japan. That was the terms of the deal he made with Kaze.

It is now the 23rd Century of the A. D. calender. As humanity continue to evolve and build better technology to better their lives. Militaries all over the world research the latest weapon to cause mass destruction and loss of life. Rumors of using children duelists of the Armor Duel card game has run rampant with no official announcement that such a weapon is being built. Not only has Armor Duels continued in popularity. They earned new rules and regulations, such as the Vangard Armor cards and Vanguard Fusion cards. One card grants it's user a virtual suit of armor to protect them from harm in Armor Duels that are more realistic.The Vanguard Fusion cards are the most powerful in a duelist's deck and usually used to defeat an opponent and wina duel.

The following is a story of one duelist and his mission to become the International Card Master, a regain his lost honor a reputation from those who took it all away. As well as his story in the defense of Earth and humanity...

Opening Song: Let's Duel!

Come on!
    Come on!
    Come on!
    Let's duel!

Come on!
    Come on!
    Come on!
    Let's duel!

Come on!
    Come on!
    Come on!
    OH YEAH!

We're broadcasting live around the world
    I'm handling a deck of trading cards everyday
    My dreams are super sized
    I just can't get enough

Come on! Let's duel!

Living a normal is just not for me
    I want to be a Card Master...
    So let's go!

Being normal is meaningless
    Don't act like big hot shot, just because you have won a lot of duels
    I'm strong!
    Bring on the challenge!

I'll take down all road blocks with my hands!
    (Come on! Let's duel!)
    A lot better than yesterday!
    (Come on! Let's duel!)
    Going around the world with my friends!
    Out to be the very best!
    (Come on! Let's duel!)
    It's the start of a incredible journey!
    (Come on! Let's duel)
    Can't stop fighting!
    These are exciting innocent days!

Come on!
    Come on!
    Come on!
    Let's duel!

Come on!
    Come on!
    Come on!
    Let's duel! YEAH!

Episode 1: The Deck From The Heavens

Three months later

Taiki drops his stuff in the personal barracks of one Colonel Leonard “Leo” Valiant. A U.S. Army Colonel that takes in foreign kids as part of the foreign exchange program. The barracks is located on a top secret military base in the Neveda desert, that has been known as Area 51 for the last couple centuries. Taiki is not allowed to know what goes on at the base. Nor is he allowed to take pictures of anybody or anything on the base. In order to keep it a secret. Leo hears the door to the barracks open and he peeks out of his office to see Taiki soaking wet.

“Okay, what did they do to you this time?” he said as he left his office to fetch a towel for Taiki. “I can't believe the anti-bullying rules of the Las Vegas Dueling Academy aren't being enforced...”

“They were to be enforced Colonel?” Taiki asked sarcastically as he walked into the locker room to get out of his wet clothes and dry himself off.

“Stop being a wise donkey Taiki.”

“I can't help the fact that I don't have a deck of cards to play Armor Duel during the dueling period.” Taiki said grabbing some dy clothes left out for him. Which was a t-shirt and jean shorts.

“Well I can build a pretty mean deck.” Leo said with a smile. “I was a ptreey mean duelist as a kid.”

“What happened?”

“I joined the Army and became a man.”

XXX

Taiki's parents are never around most of the time. They're archeologists studying the ancient world for signs of extraterrestrial visitation. One of the books in their mansion library back in Skylab City is “Chariots of the Gods?” by Swiss author Erich von Daniken. A author and sort of a ufologist in the 20th and 21st centuries, whose theories were rejected by mainstream history and science, but found reconition in the 22nd and 23rd centuries as the reports of alien life in the universe visiting Earth increased. Along with the constant rumors are the men in black. Who always appear to question a witness and seem to convince them that it was no UFO sighting or they weren't abducted. However these men in black has left scientists investigating ancient ruins alone.

Currently the two are investigating recent discoveries of ancient stone tablets of armor duelists being portrayed on them.

“Makoto please have a look at this...” said Daisuke Saruwatari. Who held up a stone tablet with image of a armor duelist looking up at five constellations. The five constellations are of a tortoise, a Japanese dragon, a European dragon, a tiger and a phoenix like bird. Makoto Saruwatari studied the tablet over her husband's shoulder. She looked at the image of the duelist and realized that it is a tablet telling a story of armor duelists in the ancient world. However the image of the duelist looked familiar to both of them. Daisuke took out his wallet.

“Hold on...” he said fishing out a picture of Taiki. Doesn't the duelist protrayed in this tablet look an awful like our son Taiki?”

“It does... but children in the ancient world could have looked like our son.” Makoto said.

“You're saying that like you don't believe in reincarnation.”

“Oh I believe in it and it's entirely possbible. But does this tablet mention a prophecy of the furture or the past?”

“Well considering the other tablets. It could go either way. I must study the tablets further.” Daisuke didn't flip the tablet over and failed to notice the design of a Nazca Line drawing on the back of the “Hands”, a drawing appearing on the Nazca Lines in Peru. In fact each of the tablets found already have Nazca Line drawings on the back, with one of them of the humanoid figure. That tablet portrays an extraterrestrial figure on it, with several UFOs appearing above the figure's head. The tablets can still mean either a prophecy of the future or telling a story of ages past. Where humans used armor duels to protect the planet from extraterrestrial invasions. But that doesn't explain the alien in the tablet with the UFOs.

XXX

Back at Area 51. Leo had to return to work because of a emergency within the labratories under the ground. The elevator was located inside the largest hanger of the entire base. Taiki never set foot in the hangers nor the underground base. As he was not allowed in any building besides the administration building and the barracks for the troops under Leo's command. As all troops are restricted to the base unless they are on leave to see their families in Las Vegas and Reno. However Leo made an backup key card for Taiki in case of a dire emergency. Taiki was told to only use it if he needed to find Leo and request his help. Nothing more. However Taiki got bored and decided to use it to access the main hanger's elevator to the lower levels.

He takes the card and makes his way to the large hanger at night, when the security has lowered due to soldiers being tired and calling it a night. Leo left the hanger and went over to the officers' club for a few drinks with his fellow commanding officers. Completely unaware of what his young charge is up to...

Taiki easily accesses the elevator. Though he saw a large triangle airship inside the hanger. It was huge and looked like it could fit the entire base population. He thought it may be a starship like in the science fiction comic books he reads. But he was a kid on a mission. He wanted to see what he was being kept out of the loop on. And when that elevator reached it's destination. He saw a labratory emptied of any employees. It was a clean room and only workers wearing sterlized hazmat suits were allowed inside. But he didn't care. He moved on past the lab and into the hallway. There he made sure that there were no guards patrolling the halls. So once he knew the coast was clear. He moved on down the hall until he saw a sign that read: CAUTION! CELESTIAL PROTOTYPE DECK INSIDE! NO ONE ALLOWED WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM Colonel VALIANT!

(A prototype deck?) Taiki thought, as he reached for the door handle. He slowly opened the door to see a grey figure that looked to be amount smaller than Taiki was. The figure lays a deck of cards onto a display stand at the front of the room. Then turned around. Taiki was horrified to see that the figure was completely grey and had big black eyes. Taiki knew that the figure was not of this world. As the figure is used in images of aliens known as the Greys. Greys have been aliens that have been witnessed by those who sighted them or was abducted by them. They were also featured in various sci-fi media from TV shows to video games to movies.

“I know you're standing there with the door open.” the figure said. “Come on in and stop being so goddamned afraid. I'm not here to hurt you.”

Taiki slowly made his way inside. He stared down the figure with fear apprehension. Taiki was scared, there was no denying that. However the figure had a calm to him. Which began to rub off onto Taiki. Taiki began to relax in the prescence of an actual alien from another planet.

“Well now that you're calming own. I can tell you that yes I'm from another planet. I'm from the Zeta Reitculi double star system. I crashed here ten years ago and was the sole survivor of my flight crew that came here to warn humanity. However some guys wearing all black and calling themselves Majestic 12 captured me and covered up my crash.”

:You have a name?”

“Yeah kid... The Colonel named me Roswell or Ross for short.” Ross said. “I;ve been here for ten damn years and the only sunlight I got was from the hanger windows. You won't believe the treatment I've received here. Which was pretty damn good I must say. Probably better than how MJ12 treated me.”

“What do you do here?” Taiki asked.

“I'm an engineer here kid.” Ross said. “That ship you saw in the hanger, it was built before I got here, but I helped get it working. I also updated the technology onboard. However we couldn't take it out for a test flight yet. As we don't have clearance to do so. Plus the Colonel and I made up that and registered it with the World Armor Duel Association.”

Ross points behind at the deck of cards. “It's a one of a kind deck kid. Once we find a duelist to use it. Everybody will want that deck for themselves. However I believe it is the invincible deck, nothing can stop the duelist with this thing.”

“Can you stop calling me kid Ross? My name is Taiki.”

“Well I don't care what your name is. I'm going to call you kid until I feel like your a real man. That won't be for years now.” Ross looks around the room and whispers to Taiki. “Maybe you can help me. I've been wanting to explore the Earth for years now. Yet I'm not allowed to leave the main hanger because of MJ12's rules against me. Can you help me?”

“I don't know...”

“I'll give you the Celestial Deck.”

“Deal!” Ross and Taiki shook each others hand.

XXX

A man wearing a black suit with a black jacket on the back of his chair watched the security camera of Ross handing Taiki a deck holder and the deck of cards. The back of his jacket had black lettering reading: MJ12.

“We have a situation...” he said. “Alright I'll tell him.”

XXX

Leo sat in the officer club with a glass of scotch on the rocks. He drank it down in one gulp and asked for one last refill. Which was poured as the Majestic-12 agent from the security room entered the club. All officers present stopped talking and turned their attention to the agent. Which they know can only mean trouble for someone.

“Colonel Valiant!” he said. He walked over to Leo who gulped down his last drink of scotch.

“Yeah that's me...” Leo said a bit slurred. “If you're here then something bad happened.”

“We have a situation and I need you to come with me.”

XXX

The agent managed to punch up a recent video feed of Ross and Taiki, who were seen sneaking aboard a small MD-90 jet plane bound for Las Vegas. Though Leo was a bit drunk, he still groaned when he reconized his charge escaping with one of the government's most dirty secrets. Actually make that two dirty secrets as Leo asked if the footage can be closed up to Taiki's wrist, and sure enough it was the deck that was being developed as a weapon to supposedly protect Earth.

“Oh great he took the Celestial Deck too.” Leo said.

“Forget the damn deck.” the agent said. “Your exchange student just ran off with a Grey. If that Grey is sighted among the public, we could face a international shitstorm the likes we've seen since Roswell 1947.”

What do YOU know about Roswell '47? None of was born by that time so how can you know how bad it was?”

“You're right, I'm just guessing. But this is all going to fall on you. If you don't bring me the alien and the kid back to us to face charges of treason.”

“I have no choice... I'll send out all of my troops.”

“If they resist, you have authorization to use lethal force.”

“Yes sir...”

Leo left and went back to the barracks. All of the troops in the barracks were in recreation right now. Before lights out began. Leo enters the room and calls them all into attention. Which they did once they heard him yell...

“Ten hut!” Leo said as he troops stood up and snapped to attention. “Men we have a situation... MJ12 just showed me security footage of Taiki escaping the facility with our resident alien Ross and the Celestial Deck that we kept in storage on base. We're ordered to bring them back to face charges of treason.”

“Treason!?” Sergeant Collins said in disbelief. “They can't be serious?”

“Well Taiki just escaped with a alien that we've kept locked up for ten years. Since MJ12 handled the whole incident ten years ago and classified the whole damn thing as a meteorite. Then I guess that counts as treason in their eyes. However I'm giving you different orders. Sergeant Collins you and your men are ordered to go to Las Vegas and find them. Take them both to Sector 4 and keep them there until I can convince the Presdient of the United States to disband Majestic 12. Captain and the Lieutenant will stay here and coordinate the search with Collins. Understood?”

“UNDERSTOOD SIR!” the entire barrack erupted.

XXX

The agent figured the Colonel won't do as he's ordered and will hide the two instead of making them stand trial for trumped treason charges. So he went to his superior, Shadow Agent X. Agent X word the same black suit but with a face mask with a tinted visor to hide his identity. The face mask made him look like a ninja.

“Sir... About the escapees?”

“I already know agent.” Agent X said. “I know Colonel Valiant wouldn't follow your orders to a T. Go find them before the Colonel's men do and if his men interferes. Kill them all... The troops, the brat and the alien. I just want that deck back in our posession. Understood?”

“Yes sir.”

“Now go and don't come back till you bring me their heads on a silver platter.”

XXX

Taiki and Ross climbed out of the plane's wheel well when the plane landed in Las Vegas, a short distance away from Area 51. The employees that spent some overtime in the underground labs never knew that they had two stowaways below their feet.

“Whew that was quick ride.” Taiki said, then he hugged himself to keep warm from the trip. “But it was so cold.”

“Of course it was kid.” Ross said. “We're up high in Earth's atmosphere that the temperature dropped down rapidly. We're just lucky we didn't run out of oxygen or went higher than a few thousand feet. We would've been dead for sure. So what now?”

“Well you shouldn't be seen wearing that get up.” Taiki said. “There should be a clothing store within the city.”

“Great do you have any money?”

“Yeah I was given a debit card with a bank account when I registered for the foreign exchange student program. So there has to be a store open in this city. Let's go Ross.”

The two made their way off of the tarmac and over to the fence. Where they eventually found a hole in the gate. So they dug out the hole a bit better in order to squeeze through the hole. Once on the other side they made their way into the city. Trying to avoid the population, for it would cause panic if they were sighted within the city. Actually it would cause panic if Ross was sighted in the general public.

XXX

Minutes after Ross and Taiki escaped the airport, the team of Collins and his men landed their blackhawk helicopter in the same airport, after some issues that needed to be cleared up before permission was granted.

“Sarge, why do we have to do this?” said a private first class and Collins' second in command of the Wolfpack, their unit's name.

“The Colonel loves Taiki as if he was his own son.” Collins said. “Especially since he lost his wife and son in the third World War with the Middle East nations trying to destroy Israel. Well trying to nuke Israel off the map. As they figured that if they can't have Israel for Allah/God and Islam. No one can have it. But anyway Taiki is like a second son to him. Ross is even more valuable than what Majestic 12 is really letting on. To them he's nothing more than government property and is just expendable as actual government owned weapons and vehicles. To the Colonel, Ross is more than just that. The Colonel says he's a person with his own mind, will and dreams. Just us humans on Earth have the same things. You get what I'm saying Archer?”

“I understand sir. Let's get out there and find them before those bastards at MJ12 finds them. I can guarantee you they'll shoot first and ask questions later.”

“I know Private... I know...”

XXX

Taiki has luck finding a 24/7 clothing store. Even better that it had clothes in Ross' size. However it was a extraterrestrial fanatic/nerds paradise store. Meaning there were video games, movies, comic books and replica toy weapons from various science fiction media. But Taiki wasn't being picky. He had to get some new clothes for Ross, so he can blend in with the general population.

Minutes later and after Ross changes out of his jumpsuit, along with many vulgar words about what Taiki chose. The two were on their way. Where they would go, they had no clue. Taiki didn't think he had enough money for a five star hotel and there are a lot of those in Las Vegas. However as they were wondering around the city to find somewhere to stay, people stared at the two in suspicion.

“I'm just a thirteen year old kid. Walking down the street with a... cowboy...”

Indeed the only clothes he could find in the store that were in Ross' size was a cowboy costume from the remake of Cowboys and Aliens.

“I am so going to kill you kid...” Ross said under his breath.

Ending Song: Hyper Drive

Going past the speed of light
    I race around the world in hyper drive
    Do you think I can win
    Or will you win instead
    Let's not have fate decide

I can feel you breathing
    I can see you coming
    I can feel the wind
    It's blowing me away

Take a shot at me running side by side
    It's a blur...
    As I go by

I can feel you breathing
    I can see you coming
    I can feel the wind
    It's blowing me away

See the darkness drawing near
    Fire burns in the sky
    Destiny thrusts itself upon us all

Author's Comment: Both opening and ending songs are a rewrite of “Switch On!” by anna Tsuchiya on the Kamen Rider Fourze soundtrack, and “Hyper Drive” the English opening song for Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's respectively.

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Card Master: Vanguard

I am very particular about grammar and spelling, and I have to say that there are a lost of mistakes in your work. I suggest double checking for the spelling and edit them. As for grammar, you can do better. Here are some mistakes that I found:

As humanity continue to evolve and build better technology to better their lives.
    - 'continues', since humanity is singular.

a regain his lost honor a reputation from those who took it all away
    - ?? 'to regain his lost honour and reputation from those who took it all away' perhaps?

Neveda desert
    -'Nevada'.

Taiki said grabbing some dy clothes left out for him
    - 'dry'.

“I was a ptreey mean duelist as a kid.”
    - 'pretty.'

A author and sort of a ufologist in the 20th
    - 'An'.

Doesn't the duelist protrayed in this tablet look an awful like our son Taiki?”
    - 'an awful lot like'. There should be 'lot' in it to complete the meaning.

But does this tablet mention a prophecy of the furture or the past?”
    - 'future'.

“Well considering the other tablets. It could go either way.
    - Use comma in between the two sentences to connect them.

Leo had to return to work because of a emergency within the labratories under the ground.
    - 'an', not 'a'.

hanger of the entire base.
    - 'hangar'. 'Hanger' is something that hangs, or you hang something. In your case, I don't think you mean the latter.

Taiki never set foot in the hangers nor the underground base. As he was not allowed in any building besides the administration building and the barracks for the troops under Leo's command.
    - Again, use comma to connect the two sentences. One sentence cannot stand on its own if you just end it with full stop.

As all troops are restricted to the base unless they are on leave to see their families in Las Vegas and Reno.
    - You should use comma or other connectors to connect the sentence. Otherwise, the sentence is not complete.

However Leo made an backup key card for Taiki in case of a dire emergency.
    - 'a'.

Though he saw a large triangle airship inside the hanger.
    - 'hangar'.

And when that elevator reached it's destination. He saw a labratory emptied of any employees.
    - 'its', not 'it's'. 'it's' means 'it is', so your meaning is already changed. Connect the two sentences together with comma. Use 'empty' instead of 'emptied'.

It was a clean room and only workers wearing sterlized hazmat suits were allowed inside.
    - 'sterilized'.

So once he knew the coast was clear. He moved on down the hall until he saw a sign that read:
    - Use comma again.

Taiki began to relax in the prescence of an actual alien from another planet.
    - 'presence'.

“Well now that you're calming own. I can tell you that yes I'm from another planet.
    - 'down'. Use commas to connect.

I;ve been here for ten damn years and the only sunlight I got was from the hanger windows.
    - 'I've'. Wrong punctuation, should spell check.

I'm going to call you kid until I feel like your a real man.
    - 'you're', should know the differentiation of 'your' and 'you're' (you are).

we could face a international shitstorm the likes we've seen since Roswell 1947.”
    - 'an'.

None of was born by that time so how can you know how bad it was?”
    - I think something's missing here.

until I can convince the Presdient of the United States to disband Majestic 12.
    - 'President'.

Agent X word the same black suit but with a face mask with a tinted visor to hide his identity.
    - 'wore'.

Spell checking is very important. People can get the wrong idea if you make spelling mistakes. So always check the spellings. As for grammar, there are some mistakes with punctuation, you should also check for those. Don't rely on spell and grammar checkers in computers, for they're not always right. Ask someone to check for you if you can. I also notice that your tenses are all mixed up; present tense, then past tense, then present tense again. Try to make them constant. If you're using present tense, then use present tense all the way, unless you're talking about the past. It's safe to use one tense than mixing them all up.

Overall, it's good. I like the fact that you have a song for your story, you don't see that often. Anyway, keep up the good work!

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

All characters are owned by me. So please ask before you use them. I will say yes.

The agent of Majestic 12 and his subordinates were the first to discover the old jumpsuit of Ross, as well as security footage of Taiki paying for the clothes.

Yes sir, I think we're on the right trail.” the agent said.

Nearby Collins and a few of his subordinates watched as MJ12 searched that alley for their needle in a haystack.

Got anything from the traffic cams Jenkins?” Collins asked his tech expert.

We have them leaving the alley at about 0035 hours.” They seem to be wondering the city aimlessly.

Keep searching Jenkins. We have to find them before the men in black find them.”

Golden sir.” Jenkins said in his own acknowledgment of his sergeants orders. Collins hated it when he used golden as a way of acknowledging his orders. It just seemed inappropriate.

Collins saw that the agents may have checked the traffic cameras as well, as they were already moving out. Collins started the rented van and put it into drive. He made sure to take a different route, as not to give the agents any suspicion.

Come on!
    Come on!
    Come on!
    Let's duel!

Come on!
    Come on!
    Come on!
    Let's duel!

Come on!
    Come on!
    Come on!
    OH YEAH!

I just can't get enough

Come on! Let's duel!

So let's go!

I'm strong!
    Bring on the challenge!

(Come on! Let's duel!)
    (Come on! Let's duel!)
    Out to be the very best!
    (Come on! Let's duel!)
    (Come on! Let's duel)
    Can't stop fighting!

Come on!
    Come on!
    Come on!
    Let's duel!

Come on!
    Come on!
    Come on!
    Let's duel! YEAH!

Episode 2: Duel Club

Taiki and Ross finally saw a place to stay. It was in the worst part of the city. It wasn't a hotel that Taiki knew for sure. It had to be dirty and infested with bugs. But it was a place to crash for the night and find a way out of the city in the morning.

Well it looks like a good place to stay for the night.” Taiki said.

I don't think this is a hotel.”

Oh come on. Let's go check it out.” Taiki grabbed Ross' arm and dragged him inside. However when the two entered through the front door, they saw that it was not a hotel. First they failed to notice the sign that read: King Midas' Golden Palace. Second thing they just now noticed that it was a safe haven for teenage runaways, and convicted juvenile delinquents that have since been out of the local detention center and weren't allowed back with their families. All of the teenagers and young adults had their deck holders in their possession.

Once the two entered everyone stopped what they were doing and turned their attention to the two new people entering. A couple of teenage girls, one brunette and one blonde, entered the main hall. Which is also the room where everyone else is present. Then a eighteen year old boy enters dressed as a king. Wearing a ratty cloak colored gold with a simple gold ring to act as a crown. The red headed teenage girl with glasses standing next to him wore a old silver gown and a silver tiara. Where the crown was made is a mystery. But the tiara was most likely from a beauty pageant or a high school prom.

Hey your Majesty!” said one teen. “These two...”

I know” said 'King Midas' “You two are new here. Let me tell you how the pecking order goes. It's begins with you on the bottom, the dirt of the earth, the creatures that live in the dirt, the crap that I expel on the toilet every day, the Army of the Night present, my lieutenants, Queen Venus next to me and finally yours truly.”

Everybody chuckled or laughed once Midas went through the pecking order. Queen Venus, the one wearing all silver, burst into laughter that almost drowned out everyone else's laughter. Midas beckoned two of his top ranking enforcers to grab Ross and remove his hat, bandana, and shirt. They removed his disguise and revealed his identity to the entire palace.

Well look at what we got here.” Venus said. “An actual E.T.”

The enforcers throw Ross into a nearby cage and lock the door.

Well isn't this something.” Midas said. “A alien and a kid.”

Midas ponders the situation for a minute before continuing to speak. “You know what kid. How about we have a duel. If you win, then you and the little Grey man over there can leave. But if you lose you both have to join my Army of the Night.”

Well I don't have a choice now do I?” Taiki said. “Then in that case. I accept your challenge!”

LET'S DUEL!” both said in unison as they made their over to their respective platforms on the dueling floor. Midas' platform was at the end of the stage. While Taiki's was on the opposite end of the field.

Both players activated their deck holders and inserted a cable into the control panels in front of them. The cables attached to their deck holders is only used on an dueling panel, use only in tournaments and schools with official dueling sessions. Then each draws a card with a gold back. This card is their Vanguard Armor card. A card with no attack or defense points, but gives them their health bars. In these armor duels, the duelists are the vanguard, named after the military formation vanguard.

I play armor card!” Midas said. “Spartan Armor of Midas!”

You do know Midas wasn't a Spartan, right?” Taiki asked. “Anyway I play my armor card! Celestial Knight!”

Taiki's armor appears all over his body. Making him look similar to RX-78-2 Gundam and the AGE-1 Gundam AGE 1 NORMAL mobile suits from the Gundam franchise. However his armor is white with lights in shape of stars on the forehead and chest area. Midas' armor is simply ancient Greek armor painted gold.

Taiki: 50 HB
    Midas: 50 HB

The two draw seven cards, as the standard when starting a duel.

I'll go first.” Midas said as he looks through his hand. He picks out the Golden Griffin and a spell card named Griffin's Talons.

I play Golden Griffin and the spell card Griffin's Talons. With this spell card in play, my Golden Griffin is given two hundred extra attack points.”

Golden Griffin
    ATK: 400
    DEF: 100

BUT it's still my turn. So I'll just put this card face down and end my turn.”

Taiki looked at his deck. He had only five monster cards in his hand and only two spell cards. He picked one card out of his and laid it on the reader.

I summon Space Marine to the field!”

A male human with platinum blonde hair, wearing a futuristic set of body armor and wielding an assault rifle and grenades appears.

Space Marine
    ATK: 1000
    DEF: 300

Then I'll play Cosmic Energy!” Taiki said laying a spell card down. “When this card is in play. All of my monsters will receive two hundred attack points as well. Plus two hundred defense points are added if they're put into defense mode. This includes any armor that I attach to my Vanguard armor.”

Space Marine
    ATK: 1200

Space Marine attack Golden Griffin!” Taiki ordered. The Space Marine nods in agreement before aiming it's rifle and opening fire. Sending a barrage of laser bolts that destroys Golden Griffin.

Not so fast kid!” Midas said. “You forgot about my face down card. I activate The Golden Touch! This card automatically revives any monster destroyed. Since I only have Golden Griffin destroyed. It will come back to the field. The catch is that every monster you defeat will be revived from my graveyard as soon as they are destroyed. But also they take on the same attack points as the monster or armor that defeated them.”

That's cheating!” Ross said to himself from the cage.

That's cheating!” Jenkins said from inside the van. He managed to activate the building's security cameras, which also have a audio option.

Jenkins! Find out who that guy is!”

On it!”

That's cheating!” Taiki shouted.

Of course it is! I'm damn evil!” Midas said. “I was banned for life by the World Armor Dueling Association for this very reason! As I removed a couple of cards that were authorized and replaced them with two cards that were never registered! Ever since then... Well I've been winning duels left and right! Besides kid, you're in my domain! You're to abide my rules and there is only one rule... There are no rules!”

Midas laughed maniacally... Taiki on the other hand was now frustrated. Plus he had a burning sensation on his right hand. Ross had the same feeling on his forehead. Until the image of what looked like a ancient astronaut appeared in the burning region.

This hurts me as well as hurting you.” Ross under his breath. “It's the only way you can beat him and actually hurt him physically. You have the power to end his reign of terror and bring him to justice Taiki. He will no longer hurt the defenseless and he will no longer be able to cheat his way through life.

It became apparent to Ross as his Nazca Line symbol of the “Astronaut” appeared on his forehead. Taiki's burning feeling meant that Taiki was chosen by the Nazca. But which sign would Taiki have on his right hand. Then of course the two weren't having their own problems, as a purple sign of what appears to be a bull on the right hand of Midas. Taiki looked at his and saw two hands as his sign. Meaning Taiki is given the “Hands” as his Nazca sign.

How did this happen?” Taiki asked.

Who cares!” Midas said. “I can feel power coursing through my veins! This is an amazing feeling!”

Oh crap...” Ross said to himself. “That bull is a Dark Sign. It was one of the Sign that were never carved into a Nazca Line. But it was carved in a sealed off cave in order to keep its power locked away.”

It doesn't matter Midas!” Taiki said. “You're still going down!”

Don't be so sure kid! You see my Golden Touch is still in play and now that Golden Griffin has returned to the field. Then it can make short work of your Space Marine.”

But it is still my turn!” Taiki places his second counter card face down. “I place this card face down and end my turn.”

Good... Griffin! Destroy that stupid space marine!”

Golden Griffin
    ATK: 1600

The Golden Griffin fires a gold beam of energy from it's mouth. Which hits the Space Marine head on and destroys it.

Midas: 50 HB
    Taiki: 46 HB

That actually hurt me... But how...?” Taiki said to himself.

Taiki!” Ross shouted. “Those signs are your hands! They can give its respective wielder the power to make armor duels physical! In other words...”

Hey shut up freak!” said one of the guards that slammed his fist onto Ross's head. “You only talk when King Midas tells you you can talk.”

I think I understand Ross.”

Hey! Stop talking to the alien and let's continue our duel!” Midas said. “I'll end my turn. Since you can't beat me anyways. It would be pointless to lay down another card face down.

Fine!” Taiki looked at his hand. His eyes lit up when he saw the five monster cards in his hands.

Why are you smiling like that?” Midas said. “You have no chance of defeating me with the Golden Touch still in play.”

I wouldn't be too sure Midas...” Taiki said with a grin. He then places four of the five cards left in his hand, allowing to draw two more cards from his deck.

Now I summon Byakko, the white tiger of metal! Then I summon the bird of fire Suzaku, tortoise of water Genbu and the dragon of the four winds Seiryu!”

The four mythical beasts of the four Chinese constellations appear on the field. Then Taiki lays down the fifth monster card which causes the four beasts to vanish and converge into a whirlpool of energy.

Then I sacrifice them all to Vanguard Fusion them into the Golden Chimera Dragon God: Ouryu!”

Byakko splits into four spheres of light, which form into heavily armored mechanical legs and paws. Genbu's head and legs vanish into it's shell, as it's tail folds onto the top of the shell to form a serpent design tank cannon. The legs of Byakko attach themselves to the sockets that Genbu's limbs were located. Suzaku flies and becomes a mechanical vermillion red bird. Then it splits in half and attaches the two halves on each side of Genbu's shell. Finally Seiryu flies into the head socket and forms the head of Ouryu. Then Taiki leaps into the air and is “absorbed” in Ouryu. Which the inside is a cockpit for a star ship. A heavily armored star ship.

All Vanguard Fusion cards will form some kind of animal/vehicle hybrid for their respective duelist. It could be any vehicle from a helicopter, to a boat or even a land vehicle. The vehicle could even be a freaking space shuttle.

Ouryu
    ATK: 10,000
    DEF: 4000

Ten thousand attack points!?” Midas was officially scared. “That can't be legal!”

Oh it's legal alright Midas. Maybe if you actually replaced all your illegal cards with some Vanguard cards. You'd would actually know that these cards are the most powerful in a duelist's deck.” Taiki replied. “Besides you said yourself... There are no rules. But my turn isn't even close to being over yet. So I'll play my two Vanguard counter cards. Which are automatically drawn from my deck when Outryu formed.”

Taiki lays the two cards in their proper spots on the control console, within Ouryu's cockpit.

First I play Purification! This card will remove any trap or effect that will benefit you. So the Golden Touch is gone!”

The Golden Touch card was destroyed and placed into Midas' graveyard. Then Taiki placed down his second counter card.

The last card I play is Armor Penetration! With this card in play my Ouryu can pierce through my opponent's armor without having to worry how much defense points it has... Now blow him away Ouryu!”

Ouryu gathers energy in the form of fire, water, earth and wind. Then fires the fire and water out of the tail cannon, with the earth and wind energy being fired out of the mouth. The blast not only destroys the Vanguard Armor on Midas' body and whatever monster card was currently in play. It also sends him flying backwards into the wall. Knocking him unconscious once he impacts the wall and creates a hole. Taiki made a run over and took the keys to the cage from the shocked and frightened guards. Just as police sirens are heard nearing the place.

We have to get out of here!” Taiki said reaching for Ross' hand. “If the police catches you wandering around, then I don't think the Men in Black will be able to cover the resulting media storm.”

Let's sneak out the back.” Ross suggested and the two made it out the backdoor and into a vacant parking lot. Only to come face to face with X and the other Men In Black.

You two are coming with us, and I'll be taking back your deck young man!” X said as he tried to reach out and snatch the Celestial Deck from Taiki. However he heard a car horn and turned to see the van that the soldiers are riding in. Come barreling towards him.

Oh sh...” was all he could say before diving out of the way of the speeding van.

When stopped, the back van door flew open who revealed Jenkins holding the door handle.

Get in you two!” Jenkins ordered and Ross and Taiki climbed into the back of the van. Jenkins slammed the door closed and the van sped off into the night. Just as the Las Vegas Police Department and SWAT team arrived out front. The MIB however were caught when SWAT surrounded the place. However they had a hard time explaining why they were there in the first place.

Where are we going?” Taiki asked Collins.

We're going back! The Colonel is worried sick and we have to get you back before X and his goons arrest the Colonel for treason.”

They can't do that!” Ross said.

They can do whatever the hell they want Ross!” Collins replied. “The only way to ensure that doesn't happen is if the President of the United States disbands the organization. But that is a long shot.”

Taiki sighs and sits back to rest of the way back to home. Then he looks at the symbol of the Hands on his right hand. The glowing has subsided and now looks like a burn mark, completely charcoal black, in place of the glowing.

Ross, you're going to have to explain these marks on our forehead and wrists.” Taiki said.

All will be explained in due time.” Ross said. “Let's just get some rest. We have had a long night.”

Next Episode: Ross and Taiki return to Area 51 and a awkward moment between the President of the United States and X takes place. Ross proves true to his word and explains the whole story about being able to grant ordinary humans special powers and tattoos in the form of the Nazca Lines. He does explain an unfortunate side effect of giving one person these powers.

Author's Comment: I'm sorry it took so long to get the second chapter up. I was however preoccupied with other things. Like getting ready to move and even beta testing the latest World of Warcraft expansion pack. I also have been playing other video games since then as well.

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Author's Note: I would like to announce that there will be a “movie” version of Card Master: Vanguard. But first I have a couple of story arcs to go through first.

Area 51

Taiki and Ross walked into the office of Colonel Valiant. His back was turned as he looked out the window into the night, and watched the patrols guarding the base.

Uhh... Colonel...?” Taiki said. “I'm sorry I ran off with Ross. I know you're angry and all...”

I'm not angry... Just relieved you both came home before those black suit wearing fools caught you...” Valiant said, as tears streamed down his eyes. “Please don't do that again.”

Valiant looked up and not only did he see X and his group return, but also saw Air Force One has landed on the runway. “This is odd... Air Force One just landed here in Area 51.”

XXX

Leo personally went out to greet the President of the United States on his surprise visit. However what greeted him was a arguing President and Agent X.

Further more Xavier! The next time you decide to try and intimidate one of my fine soldiers, please don't... In fact I'm surprised you took it this far!”

Dad... You know well as I do that I have the best interests in national security at heart.”

Xavier! Please don't say another word! This conversation is over! I've made my decision and you're going to abide by it like a good servent of this great nation!”

The two looked over at a very dumbfounded Leo, Taiki, Ross and Collins.

What are you looking at? It's not like you have never seen a father and son arguing.” President Romsfield said.

Awkward...” Taiki quietly said to Ross. Who merely nodded his head in agreement.

Come on!
    Come on!
    Come on!
    Let's duel!

Come on!
    Come on!
    Come on!
    Let's duel!

Come on!
    Come on!
    Come on!
    OH YEAH!

I just can't get enough

Come on! Let's duel!

So let's go!

I'm strong!
    Bring on the challenge!

(Come on! Let's duel!)
    (Come on! Let's duel!)
    Out to be the very best!
    (Come on! Let's duel!)
    (Come on! Let's duel)
    Can't stop fighting!

Come on!
    Come on!
    Come on!
    Let's duel!

Come on!
    Come on!
    Come on!
    Let's duel! YEAH!

Episode 3: The Era the Earth Stood Still

What can I say Colonel? I'm disbanding Majestic 12.” Romsfield said. “No more Men in Black to cause headaches for you.”

What am I supposed to do now dad?” Xavier asked. “I'm now out of a job because of you!”

I have a good idea in mind, but first let's here the story from these two, shall we?” Romsfield points to Taiki and Ross.

The two explained all that happened a few hours ago. Every detail was told, leaving nothing out. Including the part about the tattoos mysteriously appearing on their forehead and hand respectively.

Sounds like a lot has happened... Plus this goes along with the reports that the gang young Taiki defeated single handedly was saying about aliens and card monsters doing physical damage. Naturally they were considered crazy and could not account for the massive hole in the wall at the scene.”

How are we going to cover this up Mr. President?” Collins asked. “Surely you can't let the story get out like this.”

Well none of us may not have a choice in the matter.” Romsfield sighed. “Surely you know a story like this is hard to cover up. Plus we have the issue with that mysterious tattoo on Mr. Saruwatari's hand. The question is there more of those things out there? And if so then how many innocent people have them and will misuse their powers for evil?”

Well I will have to explain more about the actual origins of the Nazca Lines themselves.” Ross said.

Ross clears his throat and begins his story...

It started many, many years ago... Around the time humanity has begun to evolve through the slow process of evolution... Back then humans didn't really have the means to hunt food or perform other tasks for their survival properly. Until the Watchers arrived on Earth...

Several UFOs appear near the summit of Mount Hermon. The barely intelligent humans stared up into the sky and wandered what they were looking at. They mostly communicated through grunts and hand gestures. As they have no written language or even verbal language as of yet. Humans in this era are more or less still monkies.

When those of my race stepped off of their ships and onto Earth's soil. It would be the beginning of the end of humanity. They were just too stupid to even realize it. Humanity also began it's evolution, slowly but surely they were learning how to read, write and even speak. They were taught how to monitor the skies, the weather and the planets in the Sol System. Years pass by after the Watchers have left Earth to continue to see how their wisdom is used by this once inferior race. As time went on humanity flourished, but there were wars over territory, religion or over resources. Which would lead to the Watchers becoming very angry with humanity. Thus a decision was made... A decision too hard to come by...

We can't let them continue down this road!” a female Grey said. “Humanity must pay for their misuse of our wisdom! We must punish humanity for their insolence!”

I agree...” said a male Grey. “But to destroy them for this?”

It must be done!”

Then the Great Flood, spoken in just about every holy book and ancient text you can imagine, began. For forty days and nights a select few of humanity stayed on a ark. Impossible to carry the animals of the world you say? Wel it is... However around this time my people, the majority of Greys that refused the Watchers permission to intervene with human affairs traveled to Earth in order to warn humanity of this terrible punishment. Though not every man, woman and child believed the man named Noah. After the flood, humanity began to rebuild and prosper once more. Though it didn't end the chaos that humanity ushered in before the flood. It continued once humanity. Then it was decided. In order to stop humanity from destroying itself with their knowledge. The Watchers chose to intervene themselves and annihilate humanity once and for all.

Thus began the War for the Future of Humanity... My ancestors, the royal family of our mighty empire, arrived on Earth with their forces to help the humans in this war against the Watchers. The only way to fully fight them was to teach them how to use a special power given to a select few. You may call this power “magic”, and you would be right to call it as such. As there are somethings that can't be explained by science. However this power not only granted those selected with a tattoo of what would be the Nazca Lines, but there were another group who received tattoos of the eighty-eight modern constellations. They became known as the Nazca Hunters. Like their name sake they hunted down and stole the souls of the Chosen for fun or some other reason. Who really knows, but anyway. The Chosen had to defeat the Hunters first...

A Pacific Islander warrior with a tattoo of a shark on his chest summons a large sea monster that looked similar to the lochness monster out of nowhere. The monster flew across the land and bit a female Nazca Hunter represented with the constellation of Andromeda in half. Killing the female hunter from the Greek area. Then the Chosen was killed by a light arrow from the Hunter of Orion, who mourned the loss of his fellow Hunter.

Back in the present...

You mean Armor Duels were around in the past?” Taiki asked Ross.

Not really... It is a mere coincedence that the Chosen and Hunters were using a strategy similar to Armor Duels. Only these warriors of the past summoned just monsters. However some of the Chosen created various techniques to enhance the monster they summon...”

In the past a monk from the Chinese region of Asia summons the monsters that Taiki would call his Vanguard Fusion cards. However the monk, named Chi, called them by their Chinese names. When he fused them together to create his version of Ouryu. Chi would perform a certain motion with his hands and fingers. Until the four beasts formed a powerful golden beast, named Huang Long the Golden Earth Dragon of the Center. Huang Long then fires a combined elemental blast against a powerful hydra monster, summoned by the Hunter of Hydra. Killing the monster and the Hunter in one single stream of energy.

When all was said and done, the Chosen and Hunters lost so much in their war that when the Watcher returned to Earth. The Watchers thought they could win easily. However the Hunters and Chosen had no choice but put their differences aside to save humanity. With the monk named Chi as their leader, the two forces were more than enough to defeat the Watchers. When the Watchers were defeated, the powers granted to them by my people were returned. As only a member of the royal family can grant these powers. However they were told to memorialize the wars in a cryptic series of carvings. Not on a stone slab like all carvings are done. But instead on the ground. Thus the Nazca Lines were born. The Hunters were told to make stone slab carvings and hide them in a nearby cave by the Astronaut Line. It is there that the carvings of the eighty-eight hunters are located. A memorial to those who once fought against their bretheren and then formed an eternal truce to stop a major threat to the Earth and all of humanity...

Ross ends his story and takes a drink of water from the glass he was given in the middle of his story.

You may be wondering just how did we know what kind of animals to be put in the Nazca Lines and the symbols of the Chosen. Well you see my homeworld is a lot like Earth. However we never created humanity. So you can forget about that scientology crap about an alien crashing his ship into an active volcano and creating humanity from it. Because you can't create anything from a volcano, except for crispy fried alien. But we did give the Earth it's life and let evolution do it's work. The universe is a big place and it's over a billion years old. You'll never know just how other signs of life has been living in this massive universe.”

But now we have to worry about over a hundred people who received these tattoos accidently?” Romsfield asked. “Where should we begin?”

That's the problem.” Ross said. “They could be anywhere and we may never know where in the world they are. But there is one way to find them.”

How?” Taiki asked and Ross gave him a devilish grin. “You need to start climbing the ranks in Armor Duels kid. Because that is our only chance to gather all Chosen and even all Hunters in one place. the Card Master World Tournament.”

How can you be sure they're all duelists?” Xavier asked.

Because a royal family member like me can select a target group for the Chosen and the Hunters. When I chose Taiki to represent the Nazca Hands Then that Midas guy was selected to be the Hunter of Taurus. So I chose the target group to be armor duelists. Please don't ask me for the exact details on how I can do this. I only know that it is how it's supposed to be and that my acnestors selected more than one target group. As it was the first time that they had to do this this technique.”

So your ancestors chose monks and warriors from all over the world?” Collins asked.

Yes! And for the record, some of the chosen Hunters were from a tribe of Amazons near Greece!”

Great and just how can I get into the Card Master tournament if I'm not the American Card Master...?”

Now everybody was staring at him. “You don't mean I have to try and earn the right to enter the American Card Master tournament?”

You're damn right!” Collins said. “Look it may be tough but if you brought a known cheater and juvenile deliquent to his knees and to justice. Not only that but also in the hospital in a coma. You can win the tournament and become the next Card Master of the United States.”

XXX

A week has passed and Taiki started to be more active with duels at his school. Everybody noticed a huge change and found a new level of respect for the boy who used to never duel, as he had no deck to duel with. But after news of his duel against the teenage criminal known as King Midas. Things began to look up and up for Taiki Saruwatari.

Speaking of Midas... The kid was released on bond but had to have a GPS microchip injected into his arm. In order for the police to monitor him outside of jail. As he waits for his day in court. Though he was in a coma, he actually came to within three days. With prison doctors within the Las Vegas Juvenile Detention Center making it official that he was merely knocked unconscious. Unfortunately Reginald, Midas' real name, didn't escape the attack unscathed. He suffered a broken arm, a couple of broken ribs and minor cuts from the concrete and metal he was blasted into at high speeds. He's lucky to be alive after a defeat by Taiki and his new found powers. Reggie as he is usually called by his friends in the detention center, continued walking down the street into the Las Vegas strip. When he accidently bumped into someone else.

Hey watch it!” Reggie said. “Do you know who I am?”

I know who you are Midas... Or should I say Reginald.” said the red headed kid with green eyes and Asian features. “But I've been looking for you for about a week. Where were you?”

I was in jail. Just got out on bond.”

Good... We can duel... Right here, right now...”

XXX

Taiki returned home from school via black hawk helicopter. When he got home he saw Ross and Xavier researching more oppnents for Taiki to face in order to beef up his rank and get an invitation to the tournament.

Again? I'm too pooped to duel...” Taiki said exhausted.

We have to get you into that tournament and we have to find who else was given a symbol of either a constellation or a Nazca line.” Ross said. “You'll be done when you're the new Card Master of America.”

Taiki let out a groan and left the computer lab. He walks down to the mess hall and says hellp to the cooking staff, before going to the fridge to find something to drink and to eat. He chose a packet of cheddar cheese cubes and a a twenty ounce bottle of Coca-Cola Next Gen, a successful new soda that competes with Pepsi's successful Pepsi Next. he takes his snack to the recreation room and turns on to the local news to check the area wide news and after that the American/International news.

This late breaking news just coming into our newsroom.” said the reporter Jack Stoneson. “Reginald Cummings, who is best known as the gang lord King Midas was killed today. Witnesses couldn't get an exact description of the assailant. But they did say he was wearing a hood, looked similar to number one ranked duelist Tobias Daisuke, and had a glowing tattoo on his right wrist that looked like the constellation Orion. Were still receiving developments but from what we're hearing the assailant said something about owning Mr. Cummings soul and then Mr. Cummings quickly decayed rapidly seconds later.”

Taiki shivered out of fear. From what the anchor said the mysterious person looked like the number one contender for the Card Master American title, which is currently held by Archer Shadow, the Amazing Spider Man. Not because Archer has powers like the comic book Spider Man, but because he uses a nature elemental deck filled with spider monsters and spider related powers. Taiki didn't think twice. He dropped his can Coke onto it's coaster and tore out of the rec room like a bat out of hell.

ROSS!!!!!! XAVIER!!!!!” Taiki shouted as he ran full speed into the computer room and stopped to catch his breath before speaking.

What's the matter kid?” Ross asked.

I just saw on the news I think a Hunter just stole Midas's soul...”

What!?” Xavier said. “Is that even possible?”

Yeah... That is what Hunters do. They steal the soul of their defeated opponent. However it can only happen if their opponent had a symbol either Chosen or Hunter.”

What is our next move?” Taiki asked.

First you perfect your game. While you do that X and I will continue to monitor the situation with our mystery Hunter.”

Okay...” Taiki said as he left the lab and went back into the rec room. Where he sat back down and watched the news in silence, while he finished his after school snack.

Nighttime arrived and the mysterious Hunter known as Orion watched the lights come on all over the city, from the roof of his apartment building.

I need a tougher challenge...” his voice sounding a bit demonic. “That loser didn't give me much of a challenge and now I don't feel any stronger than when I first noticed this mark.”

Orion looks up at a large TV monitor attached to the side of the Digital Duelist Hotel and Casino. It is there adults can gamble their money away, kids can duel against each other and even the adults can place bets on their favorite duelist. Which the latter is illegal in the state of Nevada and anywhere else that has a dueling stadium and casino really. It's against federal law to place bets on armor duelists that compete in these types of places. However all bets are off come tournament time. Orion notices Taiki on the screen as he was interviewed after the Midas incident, and he's been interviewed on his recent success at dueling. Orion really took interest when he noticed Taiki's exposed hand. Which had the Hands symbol on it. Orion chuckles to himself.

So Mr. Saruwatari has a mark, but this is different than than one I saw on Midas' hand. Maybe this one will give me the challenge I need and the soul of a fighter. It'll make me feel stronger...”

Orion's chuckle turned to a full blown maniacal laugh...

Ending theme plays...

Next Episode: Taiki is challenged by Tobias Daisuke, the number one contender for the Card Master of America title. But Ross notices some strange behavior from Toby that he can't quite put in alien finger on.

Author's Comment: The whole Watchers thing was inpromptu. But I am a firm believer that our acnestors had help building the pyramids and stuff. Even learned how to build Stonehenge, which the method I'm thinking of is definitely possible from watching the recent season finale of Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files. Which was the episode where WWE superstar Kofi Kingston appeared as a guest. In short I am a believer in the ancient astronaut theory. Plus I also believe that some things can't be explained away by science and facts. But should be left unknown and as legends. Because if you try to explain it, you'll be left with a headache from your brain working in overdrive.

This is what I set out to do for Card Master: Vanguard from the very beginning. Involve some sort of a story using the Nazca Lines as marks of chosen characters to protect the world from darkness. Which was inspired by Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Signers. The whole extraterrestrial part was inspired by Astro in Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal. Don't try to make heads or tails of it. Because there isn't really anything in Japanese animation that can make sense if you really think about it and try to figure it out. An example would be the later story arcs of the original Yu-Gi-Oh series. From the Noah Arc to the Dawn of the Duel Arc. The World Duel Championship Arc is just filler and doesn't really count. As I think it is part of the Battle City Arc.

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Author's Note: I'm getting closer to the Card Master World Championship Arc. I should tell you some details of the “movie” for Card Master: Vanguard. Which will be in my comments at the end of this episode.

Taiki sat in the school cafeteria eating his lunch, as well as the food items his friends didn't want to even eat.

Man I never seen him eat like this.” one friend whispered to another.

He's like a garbage disposal.” responded the other friend.

When Taiki was done, he let out a loud belch and quickly excused himself. But that didn't stop the entire cafeteria to turn and stare at him.

His friend Anthony looked at him in bewilderment and finally said “Taiki what is up with you as of late? You've pretty much eaten everything from the horrible stop signed shaped mexcian pizza to the crappy sandwiches. This isn't normal.”

Of course it isn't Tony.” Taiki said. “But ever since I've been dueling like crazy. I've been using up a lot of my energy that keeps me going all day.”

I know you want to get into the Card Master tournament. But you need to stop and take a break. You'll die of exhaustion if you keep going like this.”

I'LL BE FINE!” Taiki said as he polished off his chocolate milk and went to dump his trash.

Anyone know a Taiki Saruwatari?” said a young adult, who entered the cafeteria and is wearing a guest ID card. The young man had red hair and Asian features like the squinting eyes.

That would be me!” Taiki yelled from over by the trash cans.

I am Tobias Daisuke!” Tobias said adjusting his leather fingerless gloves. “I challenge you to a duel! Right here and right now! For the number one contendership of the Card Master of America title!”

Barely visible due to the gloves covering his hand. A strange purple glow emitted itself...

Opening theme plays...

Episode 4: Taiki verus Tobias

Taiki and Tobias met in the gymnasium immediately after the challenge was issued. The entire school population, staff and students, gathered in the seats used form pep rallies, sports events and duels. In order to watch who would actually win in a duel.

Taiki: 50 HB
    Tobias: 50 HB

Since you're the challenger. You get to go first.” Toby said.

Taiki nodded silently and looked at his hand. He has Cosmic Energy, Space-Zilla, Space Marine, Byakko, Celestial Aegis, and Celestial Claymore. He picks one monster and one spell card.

I play Space-Zilla in attack mode and play Celestial Claymore.” Taiki said.

A giant dinosaur of a lizard appears. It is a cross between Toho's Space Godzilla, complete with crystals sticking out of the shoulders of it's front legs. With the Godzilla kaiju named Zilla or sometimes G.I.N.O. Which means Godzilla In Name Only. The iguana like radioavtice lizard monster from the 1998 American Godzilla movie. Which was considered an embarassment of the Godzilla franchise in it's time. Finally a claymore sword with a glowing, color shifting crystal blade appears in Space-Zilla's hands. The monster holds it at the ready in a defensive sword fighting stance.

Space-Zilla
    ATK: 2000
    DEF: 1300

Celestial Claymore
    ATK: 500
    DEF: 0

Space-Zilla with Celestial Claymore
    ATK: 2500
    DEF: 1300

Then I'll end my turn...” Taiki said

Tobias merely chuckled to himself. “Good... This is the challenge I've been waiting for...”

Tobias then cleared his throat and looked at his deck.

I'll summon Hunter Guardian in defense mode.”

A 3D wire frame version of an ancient hunter with bow and arrow in hand appears on the field.

Hunter Guardian

But wait... I'll place this card face down and end my turn.”

HA! This is going to be so easy that it's pathetic.” Taiki told himself. “I wonder how this guy became number one ranked amongst the thousands of duelists in the entire nation.”

Taiki then points his finger at Hunter Guardian. “Space-Zilla! Attack Hunter Guardian!”

The giant lizard paying homage to two kaiju monsters that became legendary since the 20th century raised the sword over it's head. When the sword comes down. Toby activates his face down card.

Not so fast little boy! I activate my trap card! Aegis of Athena! This guard protects all monsters summoned on my side of the field! Keeping them from being destroyed for three turns! Until three turns are up you can't damage my monsters and what's worse. Is that Aegis of Athena will do the same amount of damage as the attacking monster's attack points.! So say goodbye to Space-Zilla!”

The trap did like Toby said it would. The sword swing was deflected and immediately Space-Zilla was destroyed and sent to Taiki's graveyard pile. Taiki getting angry drew two cards from his deck and placed them with his current hand.

I'll place these two cards face down and end my turn.” Taiki said.

XXX

Back at Area 51, Ross was continuing his research on strategies for Taiki in the computer lab. Other soldiers who had time off were communicating through Skype to their loved ones in other parts of the country. Some troops were stationed at Area 51 without their families. Colonel Valiant stating that it was for their own safety if they never moved to Nevada. In case terrorists discover what is going on at Area 51 and attempt to use the families as hostages to receive classified information on America's most secret military projects. Ross eventually stumbled upon a link of a late breaking story on the World Armor Dueling Association's website. The title was “Saruwatari vs. Daisuke! America's Contendership On the Line!” That piqued his interest as he clicked the link and saw Taiki's Space-Zilla get destroyed by an invisbile forcefield.

Not good...” Ross said to himself. “Tobias Daisuke didn't earn his reputation and rank as one of the best armor duelist in the nation without an unorthodox strategy. Not only that but Tobias earned the reputation of beating his opponents within three turns. Which means Tobias will most likely beat Taiki before the Aegis of Athena runs out. Taiki is in way over his head.”

Ross closed all windows on the computer, logged off his account and exited the lab. In search for Collins to borrow a helicopter.

XXX

My turn...” Toby said. He grins evilly as he drew his next two cards. “I play Spear of Athena and Trojan Virus. Trojan Virus drains your health bar by five hundred points every turn while Aegis of Athena is in play, then transfers it to my health bar. Spear of Athena enhances Hunter Guardian's attack points.”

Hunter Guardian
    ATK: 2000

What the crap!?” Taiki said. “Is that even legal?”

It is very legal. The WADA approved my card deck when I started to enter tournaments.” Toby said. “I've earned my reputation by thinking of as many strategies that would help me win in the least amount of moves. But since you have no monsters on the field. I will attack you directly!”

Hunter Guardian then attacks Taiki. However Taiki quickly activates his two face down cards: Space Marine and Summon Omni Armor. The cards protected Taiki from the attack but still did some damage as the Space Marine transformed into a suit of military body armor and replaced Taiki's Celestial Knight armor.

Taiki: 40 HB
    Tobias: 50 HB

Space Marine Armor

Smart move with summoning your armor in time.” Tobias said. “But you're forgetting about my torjan Virus card.”

Taiki: 35 HB
    Tobias: 55 HB

I'll just end my turn. As you have no hope against me and my next turn will decide your fate.”

Taiki looked at his hand and had no idea what to do now. He was at a loss... While he was thinking on his next move, Ross and Collins were in a blackhawk helicopter. Racing as fast as they could to the school to help Taiki before it was too late to help him.

XXX

It was night in Japan. The students of Skylab were back in their dorms for the night. Most are either in their rooms studying and others were in the lounges doing other activites. Kaze Fuku was in the girls dorm's lounge on the computer. She was surfing the WADA website when she took notice of the live duel between Taiki Saruwatari and Tobias Daisuke. It piqued her interest because she could've swore that Taiki promised he would stop dueling after their duel in Skylab. However she grew a bit excited that she was doing all she can to contain the excitement. She saw that Taiki was losing and it appears to her that he still has no Vanguard Fusion cards. She has the symbol of the Nazca Line Shark on her left cheek.

Ah that is so Taiki...” she said to herself. “Still hasn't grasped the concept of Vanguard Fusion cards and their key to victory.”

XXX

Back at the school in Las Vegas. Ross repelled down from the helicopter to the roof. He makes his way inside and sneaks around the halls until he found the gym. When he finds a door he slips inside and stood at the very top of the gymnasium, which was located on the second floor balcony. Also known as the nosebleed section. He stars down at Taiki from the aisle, when a security guard noticed him but didn't do anything. Ever since the Midas Incident Ross' identity and secrecy was exposed. President Romsfield never did a thing to stop it from being spread like wildfire. Thus the security guard reconized Ross as a staff member from Area 51. Thus giving Ross more leeway to wonder around without causing too much suspicion with security.

Taiki still had no idea what to do. But he noticed Ross high up in the nosebleed section out of the corner of his eye. When Taiki turned his attention to Ross. The look on Ross' face signaled to him to draw a card and put his faith in it. Win or lose... Taiki drew and it was like Ross could read his mind. Well Ross probably could read minds. As his brain was pretty big. But Taiki drew a rare card that only can be found in a very small number of decks from around the world. Taiki knew because during his strategy sessions over the last week. Ross found the card in the WADA card deck database and mentioned that it was in the Celestial Deck. The card Taiki drew was the infamous “Vanguard! Final Turn!”

I play and activate this!” Taiki flipped the card to show Tobias. The card was nothing more than a flaming V in front of an wasteland of a background. Seriously the background is a mountainous wasteland.

Insert Song: “Vanguard” by JAM Project

With this card. My Vanguard Fusion cards and their spell cards are automatically drawn to my hands!”

The remaining Vanguard Fusion cards fly out of Taiki's deck and into his hand. To which Taiki summoned them and fused them together to form Ouryu. Then he plays the two spell cards once Ouryu was formed around him.

XXX

Back at Skylab, Kaze was now a muttering mess of a teenage girl. As she just saw Taiki with actual Vanguard Fusion cards in his deck. What is even more suprising is that he has in his posession one of the most rarest cards ever in the entire world. The card was made to be the rarest card, with only a few copies ever printed, because if it was a popular card. Then it would be considered illegal and banned by the Association. Since they had full control of the card's print and distribution. They allowed it to be circulated amongst the international armor dueling population. How a total loser like Taiki got his hands on a card so rare is beyond Kaze's understanding. But now that he has played it, Kaze's hopes of laughing once more at the poor kid has just dwindled. Actually it just dropped off a cliff like a rock and was impaled on the jagged rocks below.

XXX

Back at Taiki's school, Taiki locks onto Hunter Guardian and it's master. Toby was actually stunned that someone could outsmart him by drawing a rare card like that. Now his reputation and his rank at number one is about be blow to pieces in a couple of seconds.

TARGET LOCKED ON!” came a computer voice inside the cockpit of Ouryu said. Taiki pulled the trigger and the blast ripped through the invisible barrier. Then through Hunter Guardian and finally past Tobias Daisuke. The blast destroyed all of the cards that Toby has played to this point. Then the blast dropped his health bar to zero. Granting Taiki a reputation that can inspire an entire nation of armor duelists and a invitation to the American Card Master tournament.

XXX

Mikoto, Kaze's best friend saw the victory Taiki pulled off. Then seh whistled at the scene on the dorm's computer.

Who would've thought that kid would actually get back into dueling and actually become the number one ranked duelist in the United States of America?” Mikoto said with a grin. However that grin was wiped from her face and replaced with a worried look. When she turned her attention to Kaze. “Kaze?'

Kaze's face was turning blue, and she was trying to say something.

Ffffff....”

The resulting F-bomb she let out and the look of frustration would be a priceless moment for Taiki if he was present. The end result of Kaze's vulgar screm was to spend her study hall period in detention the next day.

XXX

News of Taiki's quick work of the former number one contender spread like wildfire. Faster than his victory over Reggie. In fact it quickly got the attention of the current American Card Master, Archer “Archie” Shadow. Who is your regular goth teen. His face was pale and his raven black hair cut short into a mohawk. His Mark of the Spider was clear as day on his forehead. Though he just told them it was fake and that he just liked the design.

So Mr. Shadow anything to say to your potential opponent in the tournament, Taiki Saruwatari?” asked a news anchor.

Let me perfectly clear. Just because this kid comes out of nowhere and beats Tobias Daisuke through beginner's luck. Doesn't mean he will survive the tournament.” Archie said.

Beginner's luck? Taiki Saruwatari not only defeated a known cheater, but also brought him to justice. That was his first match in armor dueling!”

Like I said beginner's luck. He won't make it into the quarter finals in the tournament. But if by the odd chance he did. Then I will surely end his career long before it will even begin.”

XXX

It was late into the evening when Colette Buckingham returned home, to her family mansion, from duel practice. She is the current Card Master of the United Kingdom. She has dark red hair and blue eyes. She also looks more caucasion than her mother, who was once a member of the Trace family until she married into the House of Buckingham. One of the many popular houses in the UK. In fact is the child of two famous families. The Trace family has been known over the years ever since her ancestor Nicolette “Trish” Trace became a Card Master in the 22nd century. Plus the Buckingham family was once proud members of the Knights Templar.

She came home and turned on the television. The late breaking story has already made international headlines about Taiki's fast victory to become top ranked in the United States after defeating the former top ranked duelist in a duel.

Fascinating...” she said to no one in particular. “If this Taiki wins the American tournament. Then he'll possibly face me in the international tournament.”

XXX

Weeks have passed by and Taiki anxiously awaited the day he had to go to New York City for the tournament. When the day to leave for NYC came. Taiki, Ross, Sergeant Collins and Xavier were invited to fly on Air Force One. As Romsfield did have to oversee and host the tournament. When they landed. Taiki and company got their luggage and took a limo to the tournament grounds at New Madison Square Garden.

Wow... This is a real nice setup...” Taiki said.

Let's take a look inside and see what it looks like shall we?” Romsfield said. As the group entered the arena. Taiki saw the podiums set up for the tournament and the scoreboard displayed the duelists information. Such as the health bar, what kind of monster or monsters are in play and whose turn it is. Elsewhere is the tournament bracket board. Keeping track who faces who and who is left in the tournament.

So tomorrow is the day of the tournament and the opening ceramony...” Taiki said.

Yes...” Romsfield replied. “We should get to our hotel and check in. Tomorrow is going to be a VERY busy day.”

Ending song plays...

Next Episode: Taiki faces his first opponent as the defending number one contender. Who just so happens to be a Chosen. However this Chosen only wants to take the contendership from Taiki, rather than listen to Taiki's pleas to help him in his mission. Meanwhile other Card Masters all over the world have their attention focused on Taiki and his chances of surviving the entire tournament.

Author's Comment: The reason why I'm just posting updates each day is because I want to finish the rest of this season before the Olympic Games in London begin. What a way to welcome the biggest sporting event in the modern world than to start the second season of Card Master: Vanguard with the biggest sporting event of the far future.

Like I said I'll mention some details of the “movie” I'm writing currently. The details I'll mention are: Eleven elemental rings, each representing a element in Card Master, except for Data. Medieval England and a fight between Taiki and a powerful warlock disguising himself as a cardinal of the Catholic Church. Oh and more information about Colette's ancestors on her father's side.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information