AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weird Japanese Games

Junior Member Shatro is on a distinguished road Shatro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2012 09:27 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Weird Japanese Games

These games are truly weird and perverse... i have recently started looking into some japanese titles and this.. is what i have come up with..
    (P.S. This is my youtube channel.)
    If you know of anymore, please tell me what they are!

Love Death 2

Gal*Gun

Channel
    www.youtube.com/user/forthegamerstv

~Neko Neko Neko~ KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Cookie Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 03:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Weird Japanese Games

Lol, I was laughing through all this.. Haha, I like you already.

Senior Member mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Radish Clannad Botan Yellow Orb
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2013 01:53 AM
    Threads

these look amazing

Member simek is on a distinguished road simek's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts 006 - Charizard One Piece Flag
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-25-2012 07:23 AM
    Threads

Yooo Dude Your videos are awesome.....and i checked out your channel and i saw that you like GW2...seya in the game
    Last edited by simek; 08-09-2012 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Spelling

Senior Member ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Gifts Hat Pocket Watch Blackjack
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2015 12:24 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: redsupersonicninja

Really funny stuff. Subbed

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Haha, thanks to you guys and girls! Glad you enjoyed, i felt kinda weird playing them though XD but they were funny!

Senior Member BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2013 06:02 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ask me for it Steam ID: askmeforit

LSD: Dream Emulator is the go-to for "weird Japanese game". Yume Nikki is also pretty strange in a similar vein, I guess.

Then there's Cho Aniki, a Gradius-style shooter series featuring incredibly muscular and minimally-dressed men. Muscle March is another oddity in the same style.

There's also Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad, which is exactly what it sounds like (and its sequel, Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers).

Seaman is a pet sim (kinda) where you take care of a fish with the face of a human (voiced by Leonard Nimoy).

EarthBound and Deadly Premonition are both pretty weird. Not too weird, and they have a following so they don't seem that weird because they're familiar. But still weird. Lots of games are like that; they'd seem weird if it wasn't for the fact that they're already so familiar and established (as redundant as that sounds). "A plumber jumps on turtles and grabs flowers that make him shoot fire? What kind of weird game is that?"

Those are the only weird Japanese games that come to mind right now.
    Get some exercise this summer and raise money to fight disease. Find a free charity walk in your area:
    AIDS Walk | Walk to Defeat ALS | Walk MS | Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
    Light The Night for Leukemia & Lymphona | Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks BoldMushroom appreciate that! I'll check them all out!! *gets out a pot of hot boiling water* now come here i wants some mooshrooms stew!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldMushroom View Post
    LSD: Dream Emulator is the go-to for "weird Japanese game". Yume Nikki is also pretty strange in a similar vein, I guess.

Then there's Cho Aniki, a Gradius-style shooter series featuring incredibly muscular and minimally-dressed men. Muscle March is another oddity in the same style.

There's also Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad, which is exactly what it sounds like (and its sequel, Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers).

Seaman is a pet sim (kinda) where you take care of a fish with the face of a human (voiced by Leonard Nimoy).

EarthBound and Deadly Premonition are both pretty weird. Not too weird, and they have a following so they don't seem that weird because they're familiar. But still weird. Lots of games are like that; they'd seem weird if it wasn't for the fact that they're already so familiar and established (as redundant as that sounds). "A plumber jumps on turtles and grabs flowers that make him shoot fire? What kind of weird game is that?"

Those are the only weird Japanese games that come to mind right now.

Senior Member The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2013 06:09 PM
    I'm either in a book or I fell through the Looking Glass...
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tahmira Steam ID: Tahmira

Hmm besides LSD there is also Hell Night wich scared the heck out of me when I played it. I had nightmares for a month. :/

Sig Made by my self
    ~Sure you can mess with a bull just don't start bawling when you get the horns~

HugeBeetzstudio Members:
    AnimeTrek~Founder~Leader~On YouTube~Group AMV Editor
    Maximbeet~Co-Founder~On YouTube~Group AMV Editor
    SIZARY-MOMO
    OmegaOmotron

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2016 05:42 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

Yume Nikki isn't weird, it's survival horror. They go with stuff like Corpse Party.

Oneechanbara is a part of the Simple Series by D4, which consists of random, half-baked games that are sold cheap. You can say the whole of the Simple Series is weird, but because of the lack of real substance in their games.

To me, "weird" is in the eye of the beholder... but I might nominate TIZ as the weirdest game. Which means "Tokyo Insect Zoo"...

...so that you know where you can find me

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information