Quote Originally Posted by TheThunderBringer View Post
I'm already allergic to gluten and casien, there is no way I'd ever go vegan. I honestly don't even know what I would eat.

Don't use terms you don't fully understand in a rude or abrasive context, it'll get you in more sticky situations than you'd like.

I won't go on some ridiculous tangent about vore, but, as a vorephille, I can tell you that less than 1% of the following consider cannibalism to be part of the fetish. And I'm only saying that ANYONE thinks this for the sake of benefit of the doubt. I have never, in all my years, seen a single discussion in which another vorephille thinks vore is of or related to cannibalism, nor have I seen anyone admit that they feel they get stimulated by thinking so.

Yes, it's a freakishly weird fetish; I completely understand how outlandishly weird it seems to other people (myself, even). It makes almost no sense at all.
But, as a brony (unless your avatar is satirical), I would guess you understand what it's like for people to hate you for liking something they don't know jack about. It's the same thing here.

EDIT #2: Wow, do I even know who I'm talking to? Not sure why I bothered trying to explain something to you of all people.
So, what is a vorephile? I was kind of grossed out by the pictures in the link! No offence...

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Cupcake View Post
Okay well... thanks for pointing that out lol. I wasn't implying that their cause wasn't meritable, I was just making a point that no matter how many animals they save, many more have either already been digested, or still await their death, which probably won't change because eating meat is in our nature (another point I was trying to make with the 'ancient' times thing but you had to try and make me seem silly for saying that). Of course I'm not going to bash someone's head in and eat their brains. Belligerent dominance and eating meat really don't go hand in hand, ya know. We've evolved since then and though we avoid bashing each other heads in, there's one thing that has remained the same and that's eating meat.
LOL, I wasn't meaning to make you look silly. Sorry! :P

I just meant to raise the philosophical question of why we have chosen to get rid of belligerent dominance, yet still continue to eat meat? This suggests that in the future we may evolve to not even eat meat.
Biologically speaking, we can't even eat purely raw meat without being very ill, so this suggests there is nothing 'natural' at all about eating meat.
Also, the may in which we rear animals for slaughter is the furthest thing you can get to natural. Injected with hormones, genetically engineered...you might as well be eating meat grown by cloning of proteins from a petri dish (which is currently being developed, believe it or not!)!

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Beatrix View Post
-edit- And while we are arguing whether eating animals is right or not, take a look at the children of Africa that are going through famines and are malnourished... THey can use some meat to help give them protein to help get them back to a healthy weight.
Sure, they need protein, but they also need carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals. These can all be found from other sources, not just meat.
Currently aid workers feed children like this a protein paste, made of peanuts. Last time I checked peanuts weren't meat xD
Peanuts aren't only a source of protein, but also 'healthy' unsaturated fats and carbohydrate.