AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your First Gundam experiance

Junior Member Sleeping Dragon will become famous soon enough Sleeping Dragon will become famous soon enough Sleeping Dragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Eva Angel Mask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2012 01:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Your First Gundam experiance

So what got you hooked onto the series/genera?

Gundam Wing was my first exposure to anything Gundam related. I want to say I was in eighth grade when I saw Optimus Prime hype up the series. Around episode 10 is where I would say I was hooked.....I think that is the episode were Heero Yuy does it up like a BOSS. Fast forward 10 plus years later and the show has lost it's luster when watched through the eyes of an old fool. It didn't hit me that all the pilots hadn't even hit puberty. Or the fact that Heero was kinda Emo. Still it will remain as my childhood memory of pure awesomeness regardless of the fact that it didn't make any sense.

Since then I've tried to watch a few other different Gundam series:

G Gundam - I couldn't stop laughing "Shining Fingers!!!" They could of came up with a much better name for that "attack".

Gundam SEED - Wasn't great wasn't bad. I enjoyed the music, but Emo Kira is no fun.

Gundam SEED Destiny - Really wish I could get my time back from watching that. Just because someone is your wife it doesn't make them qualified to write out a series that has been going on for decades. Great job at stealing EVERYTHING from the past.

Gundam 00 - Probably my favorite series thus far. Not sure if this is correct but I think it was the first series to be produced in HD. The only grip I have is that instead of everyone yelling "Gundam!" every two minutes *coughwingcough* they all yell "Celestial Being!".

Gundam Unicorn - Only saw the first two episodes being meaning to dl the other ones........interwebs is slow out here.

Gundam AGE - Haven't seen anything but from the screens I've seen I don't think I'll ever watch it......not a fan of the art style.

Senior Member Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Cheshire Cat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2012 11:52 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Your First Gundam experiance

Gundam wing on toonami was my first experience then I went back and watched the Original compilation movies.

Senior Member The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2013 06:09 PM
    I'm either in a book or I fell through the Looking Glass...
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tahmira Steam ID: Tahmira

Gundum 00 on the crunchyroll iPad app.

Sig Made by my self
    ~Sure you can mess with a bull just don't start bawling when you get the horns~

HugeBeetzstudio Members:
    AnimeTrek~Founder~Leader~On YouTube~Group AMV Editor
    Maximbeet~Co-Founder~On YouTube~Group AMV Editor
    SIZARY-MOMO
    OmegaOmotron

Member GX7 is an unknown quantity at this point GX7's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2012 04:49 AM
    Threads

Gundam Wing on Toonami. I remember watching it during my senior year of high school.

Junior Member Sleeping Dragon will become famous soon enough Sleeping Dragon will become famous soon enough Sleeping Dragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Eva Angel Mask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2012 01:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Cool Wing seems to be the majority. A few nights ago I downloaded the first 4 episodes of Gundam (79)....I could only watch the first one. It was just dubbed so bad! I want to watch the who series as a means of respect to the franchise.......but man I can tell it is going to be painful lol! I can deal with the animation being dated (1979) and the music being pretty funky but the dubbing........so bad. Hopefully when I move on to Gundam Z I will be able to find a subbed version.

Junior Member Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul has a reputation beyond repute Stradlig Saxul's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2012 09:21 PM
    Threads

Gundam Wing on Toonami. I also remember Mobile Fighter G Gundam on Toonami and Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team. Those were my first!

Senior Member FatalEnd21 is on a distinguished road FatalEnd21's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2014 03:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FatalEnd21 PSN ID: FatalEnd21 Steam ID: FatalEnd21

G Gundam was my first Gundam experience. I loved that anime. Always couldn't wait to get home to watch it whenever it was on I wouldn't mind watching it all over again. It's surely one of my top favorite anime.

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2012 01:34 PM
    Threads

That promo was my very first Gundam experience. It certainly got me intrigued and the 2 minute GW promo that eventually aired blew my mind.

Junior Member Zuu is on a distinguished road Zuu's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2012 05:10 PM
    Threads

Gundam Wing back when it aired in the UK, I remember I used to stay up late just to watch it. I had also watched Evangelion around about the same time on the Sci-fi channel and has been one of the favourite series since. I remember Nadesico used to air just after Evangelion was on, so I used to watch that around the same time. Though, I think Gundam Wing was my first mech anime I had watched.

AG'S DADDY Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Leo Katana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2012 02:17 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Arosa Seijyu

Gundam Wing is liable to be most North American's answer, I know it's mine. They aired it on YTV in Canada when I was something like 14.

Sig and Avatar made by Sadie
    Family is in my Journal

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information