AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fun

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Fun

Here's a question my fellow gamers, are video games only fun when you are winning?

Long story. I was playing some Battlefield 3, and 2 games took place. The first was terrible, as my team and I were driven back to only our starting position while the enemy team took up sniper and mortar positions and murdered us all at respawn. It was a particularly terrible game and was paramount to absolute misery. Then, the next game I played, it was the opposite. We reduced the opposing team to only their starting position and the above happened except I was on the giving end. And it was particularly enjoyable.

So again, are video games truly only fun when you are winning them, or should we all take pride in losing?

Senior Member Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Cake Lie Glasses Red Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2012 06:54 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Fun

For me, the important point is how you win or how you lose? If you lose and can't do anything like in your exemple, it's annoying. On the contrary, if you win without any resistance it's fun one or two times and then you feel that you're wasting your time and your skills. The funniest games are those with an hard fight, an unnexpected end or when you learn something by playing them. Of course to win these games makes them more fun .

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So video games are only fun when you win? SMH

That's why online gaming sucks nowadays.

Take pride? It's a damn game...just play it for fun. I always have fun whether I win, rape, loose or get raped or tie.

I wish people would stop being pussies and stop taking video games so seriously. =\

Ragequitting, using cheap characters, supports, perks, items, acting childish...all that retarded stuff. =|
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 08-05-2012 at 06:16 PM.

4. Likes Kona Chan liked this post
    Senior Member threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2013 11:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W0LF1NN PSN ID: G0pherG0d

Just according to if I am having fun, even if I am getting my head handed to me. Have been in MW games, where all I was doing was laughing the whole time, while me and my friends were getting destroyed, and in others where I was so pissed off that I wanted to throw my controller thru the screen.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Considering most of the games I play are RPGs I have no other option then to win (unless the game has an ending where you don't). Then there's games like Minecraft were you can't really win. Ok, technically you can now but there's no real point. And open ended games like the Elderscrolls series where there's a ton to do making the main quest optional. But You're probably just referring to competitive gaming in which case it's human nature to hate losing and enjoy winning. Even at someone elses expense.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Considering most of the games I play are RPGs I have no other option then to win (unless the game has an ending where you don't). Then there's games like Minecraft were you can't really win. Ok, technically you can now but there's no real point. And open ended games like the Elderscrolls series where there's a ton to do making the main quest optional. But You're probably just referring to competitive gaming in which case it's human nature to hate losing and enjoy winning. Even at someone elses expense.
    Not to the point where it ruins the online experience.

Junior Member Vongola X Hunter will become famous soon enough Vongola X Hunter's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 09:02 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphin View Post
    For me, the important point is how you win or how you lose? If you lose and can't do anything like in your exemple, it's annoying. On the contrary, if you win without any resistance it's fun one or two times and then you feel that you're wasting your time and your skills. The funniest games are those with an hard fight, an unnexpected end or when you learn something by playing them. Of course to win these games makes them more fun .
    Yea I agree with you. The best games are when you just have to shake hands with your opponent because it was an amazing match. Losing is ok especially when you become better or learn something new

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Entire Forum View Post
    For many it is. There's thousands of videos online proving that point.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's not human nature, it's pussy nature.

But you don't know the annoyance of online gaming as you indirectly admitted it so you don't know. lol

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

It's not human nature, it's pussy nature.

But you don't know the annoyance of online gaming as you indirectly admitted it so you don't know. lol
    I could also provide examples from history.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I guess ragequitting, using cheap supports, characters, perks, cheating, using cheap items or items overall and all that stuff it's all okay since it's human nature because since winning is enjoyable and no one like loosing, we got to resort to that to win. I mean no one likes loosing, right?

You been exposed.

LOLOLOL
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 08-05-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I guess ragequitting, using cheap supports, characters, perks, cheating, using cheap items or items overall and all that stuff it's all okay since it's human nature because since winning is enjoyable and no one like loosing, we got to resort to that to win. I mean no one likes loosing, right?

You been exposed.

LOLOLOL
    Really? You don't think I haven't played online games? How are any of those different then say an adviser discretely poisoning a king? Some people will resort to any tactic they can. Nothing has changed in that regard.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Really? You don't think I haven't played online games? How are any of those different then say an adviser discretely poisoning a king? Some people will resort to any tactic they can. Nothing has changed in that regard.
    So you're saying you gotta do whatever it takes to win, even you take the path where it takes no skills at all, or even worse, cheating? I know it exists but you seem to support those action by saying they are normal and excusable. Ruining the game to the point that playing Ranked Matches is a no no now because people like to feed to their imaginary ego?

Going around one cheap person in a million is not bad, maybe two or three back to back but when it's full of them. Yeah, you must be one of them to say it's okay. It's not the fact that they are unbeatable either but it's not fun to have 10 of them in a row. And playing with just your friends will end up getting boring.

I guess the new cool thing to do is to cheat and be cheap to win because it feeds our egos instead of sitting back and just chill and enjoy the game.

People are forgetting these are video games and not real life. And you bringing real life into life (History) shows how really important winning in a video game is for you.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 08-05-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

So you're saying you gotta do whatever it takes to win, even you take the path where it takes no skills at all, or even worse, cheating? I know it exists but you seem to support those action by saying they are normal and excusable. Ruining the game to the point that playing Ranked Matches is a no no now because people like to feed to their imaginary ego?

Going around one cheap person in a million is not bad, maybe two or three back to back but when it's full of them. Yeah, you must be one of them to say it's okay. It's not the fact that they are unbeatable either but it's not fun to have 10 of them in a row. And playing with just your friends will end up getting boring.

I guess the new cool thing to do is to cheat and be cheap to win because it feeds our egos instead of sitting back and just chill and enjoy the game.

People are forgetting these are video games and not real life. And you bringing real life into life (History) shows how really important winning in a video game is for you.
    Where'd you get I do it. I just said it's human nature. Didn't say it was right. Just that it's not surprising. And no it's not OK, to use things like trainers. But it is Ok to want to win and hate loosing. You're just reading what you want from my post. As for ego, yeah, don't really have one but yours is pretty out there. And yes I like winning and by winning I mean beating games. As I said I mostly stick to RPGs so unless a game is garbage I'm going to end up winning at it as the only way to lose is to quit playing it.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Where'd you get I do it. I just said it's human nature. Didn't say it was right. Just that it's not surprising. And no it's not OK, to use things like trainers. But it is Ok to want to win and hate loosing. You're just reading what you want from my post. As for ego, yeah, don't really have one but yours is pretty out there. And yes I like winning and by winning I mean beating games. As I said I mostly stick to RPGs so unless a game is garbage I'm going to end up winning at it as the only way to lose is to quit playing it.
    Talk for yourself. Saying it's annoying =/= Being surprised.

Acknowledging it's there doens't make it less annoying...I know it's there....lol. You thought of it was it was news to me, but new or old, like I said it doesn't make it less annoying.

But let's break apart the argument...smh

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Ragequitting, using cheap characters, supports, perks, items, acting childish...all that retarded stuff. =|
    Quote Originally Posted by You
    But You're probably just referring to competitive gaming in which case it's human nature to hate losing and enjoy winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    You are right about people aiming to win, at long as it's with honor and fairness. (Keep in mind that we are talking about COMPETITIVE GAMING AND NOT RPGs) And loosing sucks but a good match is a good match. Being a childish (I would say the B word since it fits more but I can't) about it won't make it any less funner, people gotta learn to take it and laugh with it. You just gotta get better if you don't want to loose and not throw the controller around...but since it's human nature, after throwing the controller around, it's cool to pick the cheap character or perk to win. I know man.

But obviously I was referring to my other post. It's not human nature to do what I said to win...it's the pussy or the coward nature to do cheap stuff to win.

Quote Originally Posted by You
    You said it's not okay but pretty much just said so in this post. Human Nature = Okay. You are saying for many it's on their nature and referring it as acting like that is normal. There's a difference between the word "common" and normal, at least to me. Normal would be something that is okay while common is something that happens various times.

When it has nothing do with it. Besides, real life is not a game so the mortality totally changes. If you are about to get murdered and the only way is to cheat to win, obviously you are going to do it. Doing it in a competitive video game doesn't prove a point.

And yes I like winning and by winning I mean beating games. As I said I mostly stick to RPGs so unless a game is garbage I'm going to end up winning at it as the only way to lose is to quit playing it.
    Obviously I been talking about competitive gaming all this time though. I am pretty sure I was very clear. How is cheating on an RPG going to ruin the online and I stress on online portion of the game? I was never talking about single player games....or was I?

Obviously someone pays 60 dollars to have some fun, but then we have stupid people ruining the game...so they stop playing the game. But I forgot you pirate your games so you don't know that feel >_>

Ad you probably never watched EVO or MGL when you do what I mentioned, you are shamed on. They don't go "it's human nature..."

tl;dr - So I was pretty much saying it's okay to feel upset if you loose but not to the point where it ruins the online experience. But you said that for some it's human nature to be a little pussy but being a little pussy is not human nature else it would apply for everyone.

As for ego, yeah, don't really have one but yours is pretty out there
    To be honest, I should have stopped before since you went the low way with personal attacks out no where. Common fact when someone is loosing the argument. Obviously I didn't went personal because I used the "if you defend the use of weed, you pretty much do them" and I wasn't even referring you when I said feeding our egos, I was generalizing but you like to assume things and get personal to strengthen your argument, I forgot.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 08-06-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Member simek is on a distinguished road simek's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts 006 - Charizard One Piece Flag
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-25-2012 06:23 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphin View Post
    Yup I totally Agree with Seraphin because I play alot of FPS multiplayer games....and I always hated wining without a challenge...example. when you capture a m-com station in bf:bc2 on the first ticket or if you are playing SnD in CoD and you destroy the target without any resistance...So My conclusion is play the game to have FUN not to win

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You been exposed.

LOLOLOL
    And this is why a certain infamous clan on Blur has effectively killed that game. Because they only care about winning and will ragequit with a glitch which voids the race (so no race loss is recorded) if the start doesn't go their way, play cheap by team-racing to ensure a 1-2-3 podium victory in an otherwise free-for-all game session, play unsporting by using cheap playstyles and car perks (namely the Drifter Mod, which is widely seen as being a gamebreaking game perk due to its ability to give endless speed boosts), and are generally a bunch of nuisances, drama queens, and have scared the majority of the community (notable users being myself, Crosso, the former 1NightStand team, Paragon) off of playing the game.

I like to win as much as anyone, and I know that I'm ultra-competitive. I also know that I do get insanely butthurt and rage quite badly if I lose a race without being given a shot at the possibility of winning (because I know that I have the innate skill and that those times are due to severe buttfrellery by virtue of dirty drivers(French) and oftentimes simple down-to-earth rotten luck.)

But I also like to have intense races, and a lot of races against 'fair' players (people that are aware the so-called Drifter Mod is OP and won't use it / race against people that do use it) often do result in very close races that I come out of the worse off, and for the simple fact that the run itself was close and I was given the opportunity to win and lost it on my own accord, I will be quite happy to concede an honest loss to someone who simply played better on that one lap.

So that's basically the premise. For those that tl;dr, I will always find a close match enjoyable and I will be quite happy to accept a win or a loss in that situation. Matches where I stand no chance, such as against unfair opponents who care only for their stats and not for the fact that it's a GAME, are unfun. Whilst I know nobody here does play Blur, this moral carries across to every game. Halo, CoD, Smash Bros, you name it. Most players will concede a fair and enjoyable match if said match itself is fought on close or even terms. A one-sided battle is never fun. I don't find fun in DNFing a lobby of 19 other players using a mod that gives me 40 more nitro speed boosts than everyone else, because it's unfair. similarly I don't find being DNFed by one guy who uses 40 more nitro speed boosts by me to be fun, because it doesn't showcase any actual level of skill in defeating me. just the use of a bunch of cheaply-obtained free speed boosts which is hardly that skillful.

Thread.

:l

thread edit

Tell me, which one looks the more enjoyable race: this one

or this one

The latter is me using the 'cheap' car perk. the former is me not using it. I win in both, but that's besides the point. Tell me which one you would be happy to have lost to.
    Last edited by Ranshiin; 08-06-2012 at 06:57 AM.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Ranshiin

I am glad someone smart joined the conversation and know what I actually mean. But apparently someone think it's the new cool thing to do it, to ruin online communities and it's "human nature". I mean, it's not only that but it's also money on a game that is going to waste but it's not a waste to someone who pirates their games so...>_>

I don't like loosing either but instead of sticking the stick deeper into your butthurt (I don't mean you, Ran, generalizing) get better and always ask for that one rematch. I always learn something from all my battles and encounters, that's why I always enjoy playing. I don't have time to get butthurt. Even if you get annihilated, learn from that...gotta learn from your battles, so it's all fun.

You're tl;dr is the same size as your post, though. I always thought they must be max one liners.

In the situation I still played Blur, hands down the one with no cheap perks at all. Like one of my friends, by the name of OoTwinBladeoO said, "Why can't people just grab the controller win or loose, just have fun? I am going to play fair today and have fun and use legit characters and support, because it's all for fun." Obviously people are sore losers and have to work on their issues.

He plays Naruto Generations, rank matches if full of Masked Man users and Hidan and Pain users which are cockblockers....easy to avoid but it's just gets really, really annoying. Video Games are for fun, not to solely win. It got so pathetic I had to sell the game, but got the 100 dollars back though...so I ain't even trippin about the money since I got lots of it but if it gets to the point you don't play the game anymore and/or you have to sell it....it's bad. But apparently it's the new cool thing. And it's not our fault either...just because someone is a dick and thinks if he doesn't have fun no one can can fun they just ruin the game for everyone else.

Games shouldn't feel annoying to play.

But apparently acting like this it's human nature?
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 08-06-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Senior Member Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2012 08:47 PM
    Threads

When i'm a online gaming and everyone treats it like Call of Duty. Like for example i play Team Fortress 2 a lot and i got a team not working together,
    Having 4 of the same class most of the time just gets your team screwed. There are some class you need to win, But no one wants to switch. They just want to run around and do whatever they want and lose.

Yeah that makes me a bit angry, But that's why i play with 3-4 people i know so i have people i can rely on,chat,and have fun with.lol

Same with Battlefield 3. Granted i haven't played that game in months. When i do it's always with 4 people i know, so we can run in a squad. Sometime we lose, sometimes we win. Then when i try to play alone squad i join never talk, run around in different parts of the map, all same classes or something, or they're to busy playing ATV Offroad fury lol.

So the morale of my story. I can get upset playing with random people, But When i play with my friends. I have fun winning or losing.

Steam:[Sock]J3r3myr007
    PSN:Marineassassin

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I was just stating my opinion of games. Games are simply no fun when you stand no chance of victory. It becomes a game of 'let's see how long it takes them to frell me up' which is why I stopped playing Smash Bros. Despite my hardest efforts to learn the game, to learn MU's, getting 3-stocked 50 times in a row by Calzorz when he was sandbagging me with a Wario does sort of put you off of the game (Calzorz is maybe the UK's best brawl player and he lives like a mile from my apartment lol.)

The tl;dr became longer because I un-tl;dr'd it to add the videos to gain opinion but my point comes across, but yet people do the latter video (spam all those nitros like I do) and win easily. Where's the fun in such a boring victory against a bunch of rookies? Often I end up in sessions with players that are so terrible I literally end up taking off the car perks to give them a chance to win.

>>

That's called 'sportsmanship'. you don't ever see those clan scrubs doing stuff like that. they only care for their stats. >.>

(I would have URL'd that but for some reason I can't url= a youtube video any more on the forum.)
    Last edited by Ranshiin; 08-06-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have fun because I can use them as my punching bags and can practice better combos to master it on real players...Hahahaha.

I guess it's different in a racing game though...it's still fun when that rookie gives it his all in a fighting game.

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I really aimed this more at the multiplayer experience, but some games can be just downright horrible if the difficulty is set too high, or if there are insane expectations of the game.

But I dont think many people can forget the almost iconic 'Noob Tubing' that permeated Call of Duty. It didnt make the game unplayable so much as it did annoying and left you to determine how many times it happened to you before it was time to just call it quits.

I think all games have deep flaw that just ruins them.

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Some of the most hilarious moments in gaming happen when you're losing, whether it's single player, co-op, or multiplayer.

GoW3, L4D, and Borderlands are great examples: 90% of the time I'm playing with friends is spent knocking off and being stupid, the other 10% is spent actually going after an objective or quest or whatever, and if we can all laugh and enjoy ourselves, then the $60 investment was worth it.
    Last edited by Velvet_Nightmare; 08-11-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet_Nightmare View Post
    Some of the most hilarious moments in gaming happen when you're losing, whether it's single player, co-op, or multiplayer.

GoW3, L4D, and Borderlands are great examples: 90% of the time I'm playing with friends is spent knocking off and being stupid, the other 10% is spent actually going after an objective or quest or whatever, and if we can all laugh and enjoy ourselves, then the $60 investment was worth it.
    Oh god, don't get me started on what happened on Borderlands when me and my friend were trying to deal with Moe and Marley. My friend was like "OK, so I'm going to try and lure Marley away so we can deal with him first, it's easier if Moe doesn't get involved" and for like ... a minute, it worked.

And then Moe decided to just wander up to us.

And then it went from dealing with one skag to "OH HOLY grozit NO GOD NO LOLOLOL I'M GETTING PWNED I'M DEAD FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- LOLOLOLOL OMG WHY WON'T HE DIE LOL".

Funniest moment in the last few months, that.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

It's usually more fun when I'm losing than winning, but a bit of either works pretty nicely. In most matches I tend to sandbag (Assuming I'm actually good at it).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information