AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Chik fil A Controversy

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

Love the lack of information here. As a Bostonian, let me clear this up.

The CEO of Chic-fil-a has made many statements over his career that he believe gay marriage is sinful and an affront to his god. He, using money from his business, donates money to groups that are known to discriminate against gay couples and are politically active in the denial of gay people their right to marry - I can't recall the name of the major one, but they run ads all the time on tv.

Now, Chic-fil-a wants to open up a franchise here in Boston in a particularly historic area (and we're an area that takes our historical areas and landmarks very, very seriously). In response to this, Mayor Menino (henceforth to be called Mumbles) said that they are not welcome here due to the discriminatory nature of their business. Gay marriage is legal here, Massachusetts being the first state to legalize it, and Menino says he does not want a company operating here that will actively discriminate and perpetuate hate against any citizens of the Commonwealth. He would later say that he would block any attempts made by Chic-fil-a to purchase the site and develop on it, and should it go through he would make it difficult for them to receive the required construction permits.

I don't disagree with Mumbles' main point - a company known for it's anti-gay stances will not be well received here. There's no questions about that. What he did that is wrong is suggest that he would use his position as Mayor of Boston to legal make difficult or prohibit Chic-fil-a from opening up shop in the city. That would be abuse of his authority, and quite frankly, grounds for his impeachment (though he wouldn't lose an impeachment vote...). Legally, Chic-fil-a has the right to open up shop here, just as the people of the Boston metropolitan area have the right to boycott; that's simply the free market. And, hell, if the people of Boston really do not want it at that particular site, they can write a petition to prevent the purchase from happening - numerous cities and towns have done similar to other companies for different reasons.

And, @GX7 , it has nothing to do with the CEO or the company being "Christian". I think you're forgetting that our Mayor is Christian, as well as the vast majority of the state. The problem Mumbles and the city have is the discriminatory nature of company and its owner.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

2. Thanks Acnologia, Yuuchun, Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    Member GX7 is an unknown quantity at this point GX7's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2012 03:49 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    Love the lack of information here. As a Bostonian, let me clear this up.

The CEO of Chic-fil-a has made many statements over his career that he believe gay marriage is sinful and an affront to his god. He, using money from his business, donates money to groups that are known to discriminate against gay couples and are politically active in the denial of gay people their right to marry - I can't recall the name of the major one, but they run ads all the time on tv.

Now, Chic-fil-a wants to open up a franchise here in Boston in a particularly historic area (and we're an area that takes our historical areas and landmarks very, very seriously). In response to this, Mayor Menino (henceforth to be called Mumbles) said that they are not welcome here due to the discriminatory nature of their business. Gay marriage is legal here, Massachusetts being the first state to legalize it, and Menino says he does not want a company operating here that will actively discriminate and perpetuate hate against any citizens of the Commonwealth. He would later say that he would block any attempts made by Chic-fil-a to purchase the site and develop on it, and should it go through he would make it difficult for them to receive the required construction permits.

I don't disagree with Mumbles' main point - a company known for it's anti-gay stances will not be well received here. There's no questions about that. What he did that is wrong is suggest that he would use his position as Mayor of Boston to legal make difficult or prohibit Chic-fil-a from opening up shop in the city. That would be abuse of his authority, and quite frankly, grounds for his impeachment (though he wouldn't lose an impeachment vote...). Legally, Chic-fil-a has the right to open up shop here, just as the people of the Boston metropolitan area have the right to boycott; that's simply the free market. And, hell, if the people of Boston really do not want it at that particular site, they can write a petition to prevent the purchase from happening - numerous cities and towns have done similar to other companies for different reasons.

And, @GX7 , it has nothing to do with the CEO or the company being "Christian". I think you're forgetting that our Mayor is Christian, as well as the vast majority of the state. The problem Mumbles and the city have is the discriminatory nature of company and its owner.
    Mumbles doesn't seem like a Christian to me. He just seems like a big fat jackass. And when has the owner of Chik-fil-A been discriminatory to homosexuals?

4. Dislikes Yuuchun disliked this post
    The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by GX7 View Post
    Mumbles doesn't seem like a Christian to me. He just seems like a big fat jackass. And when has the owner of Chik-fil-A been discriminatory to homosexuals?
    "Doesn't seem like a Christian" in what way? He is big and fat, though.

The CEO of Chic-fil-a has made a few statements over the years, but the one that got this particular incident started was, to quote from the random HP article I just googled:
    ...he said the company was "guilty as charged" for backing "the biblical definition of a family." He later added, "I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, `We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage.'"

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

This is America, and it seems to me that Christians are now losing their rights while homosexuals and muslims are getting more rights than Christians.
    I didn't even see this 'gem'.

Exactly what alternate reality do you live in? I'm curious.

In fact that I would say that groups like the Freedom From Religion Foundation can just go kiss the Pope's donkey for all I care. They have no clue what they're talking about. They claim that Christians are just brainwashed people who are stripped of their free will? Well they need to get their facts straight.
    Where has the Freedom From Religion Foundation said any of this? They are just an organization devoted to ensuring true separation of church from state.

Makes you wonder what will happen whenever the rapture takes place.
    I'm not concerned about it. It was supposed to take place a couple of thousand of years or so ago after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Seung-li View Post
    And regardless, let's settle nicely with their waffle fries.
    Nope. That restaurant is never getting another cent from me. I don't want my money feeding into disgusting organizations that are all about wrongfully denying others' (actually my) rights.

Arby's waffle fries are better anyway.

~Made by me~

7. Thanks TheThunderBringer thanked for this post
    Senior Member Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Photoshop Monkey
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2016 05:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DontBeScared209 PSN ID: OhHelloFolks Steam ID: ApeorHominid

That's what the restaurants core values are built on and I respect them for keeping to tradition. If you don't want to eat there, I'm sure they don't really care. They slipped up on the way they worded things, making them seem pretty bad in the media but they really aren't lol. It's not like the guy isn't allowing black people or white people only to eat their food, he just stated his opinions and now it's being thrown out their like all of Chik-Fil-A is anti-gay.

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    It's not like the guy isn't allowing black people or white people only to eat their food
    While I know the situations are not comparable, this comes off way too much like "Don't worry everybody! They're not being racist, they're just being homophobic."

While to my knowledge they may not be refusing service to LGBT people, the restaurant's money has been used to donate to organizations that are actively seeking to ban same-sex marriage.

That kills it for me. Not only do I find those organizations to be disgusting (I could use a much stronger word, honestly), but the very fact that if I went to Chik-Fil-A and bought something there my money would have even the slightest bit of a chance of going to one of those organizations seals the deal.

~Made by me~

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I agree... Especially now that it's all "We're gay! We demand more rights than everyone else and respect!". I think that they deserve the same human rights as every American has. However if they want to be respected among the American people. They need to EARN that respect. You don't just demand respect, you earn it!

And getting this out into the open. My stance on gay marriage is one word: compromise. That's right make both Christians and homosexuals happy. Why can't there be compromise in politics I have no idea. But it needs to happen starting now, and with Obama and Romney. I don't care what side thinks. Republicans and Democrats can work together instead of against each other. And they know it. They just don't do it.

One final note. If the Westboro Baptist Church continues down it's current course of hatred. Then Christians may find themselves worshiping Christ in underground churches. Think about that. Christianity's image is being tainted by that damned Phelps family in Kansas.
    I think they're asking for the same respect as anyone else, I don't see any of them "demanding" it.

Senior Member Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Shuriken Systems PS3 Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2014 11:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Explorer Oak

I love chick fil a! Spicy chicken sandwitch... *Drool* :"3
    Explorer Oak ~ Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's seed, that held its ground. Never give up!

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Here's where I stand:

Chick-Fil-A can have whatever opinion that they want to. I don't really care. I already knew about their Christian values. However, since they have made their opinion known and their money goes to anti-LGBT organizations, I can respond to that opinion with my wallet. I like food from Chick-Fil-A, but my money isn't going to a company that seeks to limit my rights. They don't support me, so I don't support them. Its that simple.

IWhat he did that is wrong is suggest that he would use his position as Mayor of Boston to legal make difficult or prohibit Chic-fil-a from opening up shop in the city. That would be abuse of his authority, and quite frankly, grounds for his impeachment (though he wouldn't lose an impeachment vote...).
    Actually, Menino actually recognizes that he really doesn't have that much power over the situation.

Really? You say Christianity is corrupt? I have to disagree strongly about it. Yes I'll agree Christians have been judgmental. First the Bible and Ten Commandments have been outlawed by a now dead and foul mouthed old hag atheist. Now everybody has this image in their head that Christians are mindless zombies, that worship a deity that denies humans their free will.
    Okay, this is going to sound weird, but here I go. Before I start, I will just say that I don't have an issue with Christianity and as a religious person myself (don't anyone get ahead of themselves; I'm a Witch), I get sick of the crap that is often flown at people who decide to worship a deity.

Now, not sure where you get the idea that the Bible and the Ten Commandments have been outlawed (hyperbole, much?), so I highly suggest that you get the idea out of your head. And I while I don't have an issue with your religion, I haven't had the best experience with the believers of it. Not a week goes by without someone saying that I am going to burn in hell or that my soul needs saving because of some irrelevant, mistranslated verse in the Bible. I have never committed a crime (I haven't even received a speeding ticket), I volunteer in the community, but NOOOOOOOO! Because of my religion and sexuality, I'm going to hell. Well, ain't that just peachy.

That's where that whole free will issue comes in. "Free will" becomes a commodity in a religion that insists that you act a prescribed way, lest you spend an eternity romping around a fiery pit. Even more so when it clouds common sense values such as treating everyone the same way and not judging people.
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 07-28-2012 at 10:10 PM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

13. Thanks TheThunderBringer thanked for this post
    Likes Miss Moonlight liked this post
    Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Everyone else can go home. This is the truth. Scrawl it in a book, let it sit for a couple thousand years, and Homo-novas can pray to it.
    I'm entirely sick of people having a sissy-fit about a sandwich shop. You don't want to eat there? Fine, but don't wish cancer upon those who do.

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 08:46 PM
    Threads

Especially now that it's all "We're gay! We demand more rights than everyone else and respect!". I think that they deserve the same human rights as every American has. However if they want to be respected among the American people. They need to EARN that respect. You don't just demand respect, you earn it!
    Please, tell me all the things they're demanding that you don't have. I would love to know. Have you ever been treated like garbage for your sexuality? For your religion? You have no idea what prejudice is because everyone around you is just like you.

They're not asking for respect, they're asking for their fair share in human rights. This shouldn't even be an issue, I feel like I'm living in some developing country.

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TheThunderBringer View Post
    Please, tell me all the things they're demanding that you don't have. I would love to know. Have you ever been treated like garbage for your sexuality? For your religion? You have no idea what prejudice is because everyone around you is just like you.

They're not asking for respect, they're asking for their fair share in human rights. This shouldn't even be an issue, I feel like I'm living in some developing country.
    No, this should most certainly be about respect as well. We're talking about a group of people who share only one trait - being attracted to the same sex. That trait is not harmful to anybody, isn't a choice, and also does not say a single thing about the person aside from who they're attracted to.

There is no reason that respect should have to be gained in that case. The suggestion of otherwise is absurd.

~Made by me~

17. Thanks Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    Likes wolfgirl90, Miss Moonlight liked this post
    boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No, this should most certainly be about respect as well. We're talking about a group of people who share only one trait - being attracted to the same sex. That trait is not harmful to anybody, isn't a choice, and also does not say a single thing about the person aside from who they're attracted to.

There is no reason that respect should have to be gained in that case. The suggestion of otherwise is absurd.
    Respect won't be universally (at least, a large percentage) acquired by homosexuals for many years to come if this is anything like race rights. I agree that they shouldn't have to earn 'respect,' I find it disgusting that it's needed, though- guess my wording was way different from my thoughts.

Love and tolerance, if you catch my drift, RD

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

ATTENTION EVERYONE!

@Miss Moonlight has disliked my comment and given me a bad rep, because it states that i dislike homosexuality, but do not discriminate against homosexuals. She says that i only said i don't discriminate as BS to make myself look better. I think anyone who knows me, knows full well that i do not add BS to make myself look better.

I wrote her this PM, but she said in her previous message that i shouldn't respond. This is here so she actually reads my message.
    You are all welcome to join in to this little war.

Homosexuality. I think its gross. The idea of two same sex individuals doing certain things in private is one i'm uncomfortable with. However, i don't treat them differently because of it (ask some of my gay friends if you don't believe me.) you're the same way. want an example?

Do you treat your mother different from other people even though in the back of your mind you know she at some point was probably on her knees begging your dad to ***********************************
    I'll probably get into some deep s**t if i go into detail. But my point is made. Does talking about your mothers dirty sex life not feel a bit uncomfortable? The thought of what a dirty little freak she was or maybe still is?
    Its uncomfortable, but you don't treat her differently because of it.

I'm the same way when it gets to homosexuality. The idea is one i find uncomfortable. But i don't treat them differently as people.
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 07-29-2012 at 02:51 PM.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Uh.... I see MM as a good friend, even though we don' talk much. I remember her saying the same thing to me in one of my blog posts, but even though I also don't exactly favor it, she has my respect towards her opinions.. by that I mean I won't try to change her mind regarding my "don't give a crap about people being gay, and not discriminating them" standing.

Also, was it really necessary to put her in the spotlight like that bro?

And.. I thought Chik fil a was a fashion retail store at first.... never ate there and the issue doesn't affect me one bit.
    Last edited by Albear; 07-29-2012 at 05:22 PM.

21. Thanks Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ATTENTION EVERYONE!
    While I may not completely agree with what she did, it's not as bad as what you're doing right now. I'm confident you two can work it out without making each other look like idiots (really only you, imo).

-RaShayRitto

23. Thanks Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    They do. I can only think of one occasion where a gentleman at a party would not back off of me and i had to adopt a more threatening tone. Borderline ready to knock him the f'k out. But the tone was enough to finish him. lol
    Oh, was he hitting on you? I can see how that would bother a (potentially violent "ready to knock him out") homophobe.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 07-29-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    Oh, was he hitting on you? I can see how that would bother a (potentially violent "ready to knock him out") homophobe.
    Well, like @Kaleohano said: He would not back off.
    Its ofcourse no problem at first, but i can see why it could eventually become a bother. ^.^

Don't you?

Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forbuki View Post
    Well, like @Kaleohano said: He would not back off.
    Its ofcourse no problem at first, but i can see why it could eventually become a bother. ^.^

Don't you?
    And what was he doing in said altercation? he didn't clarify, just that there was this "gentleman" who would not "back off" and he was ready to be a macho douche and punch him. It wasn't clear from his post exactly what was going on, just that his homophobia alarm was ringing and he was beginning to panic.

Either way, it's okay, bro. Even gay people have standards. Don't assume you're so amazingly attractive that every gay person on the face of the planet wants to jump your bones.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 07-29-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

And what was he doing in said altercation? he didn't clarify, just that there was this "gentleman" who would not "back off" and he

Well i think its kinda clear what the topic of this thread is about >.<
    Well not the main topic but atleast a side topic.

Anyway lets leave it at that shall we? ^_^

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Homosexuality. I think its gross. The idea of two same sex individuals doing certain things in private is one i'm uncomfortable with. However, i don't treat them differently because of it (ask some of my gay friends if you don't believe me.) you're the same way. want an example?

Do you treat your mother different from other people even though in the back of your mind you know she at some point was probably on her knees begging your dad to ***********************************
    I'll probably get into some deep s**t if i go into detail. But my point is made. Does talking about your mothers dirty sex life not feel a bit uncomfortable? The thought of what a dirty little freak she was or maybe still is?

I'm the same way when it gets to homosexuality. The idea is one i find uncomfortable. But i don't treat them differently as people.
    Well, allow me to toss my hat into this ring.

Here's the thing. Even though I'm bisexual, I don't really mind the fact that some people are uncomfortable about it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so as long as you treat me like a regular person, then we are fine.

However, it should be noted that the whole "your-lifestyle-is-utterly-disgusting-and-abhorrent-to-me-but-I-like-you-anyway" statement is one that doesn't usually go very well. Its one thing to be a bit uncomfortable about homosexuality and leaving it at that and quite another to compare it to someone's "dirty sex life". I think your initial post was just fine; honest and straight forward. But reading your private message makes me want to punch you in the jaw.

First, it should be noted that bringing up the sex lives of one's parents is NOT a good idea if you want them to understand your position (I don't think you shot yourself in the foot; I think you shot it clear off).

Second, in response to your (hopefully) hypothetical question, I really doesn't care what my mother has done sexually in the past because I'm a grown woman who doesn't care what people do in private. I don't think about it because I have my own life (and my own dirty sex life). Since my parents never married, there are a myriad of possibilities of what my parents were doing in the past or what they still do. Hell, the story of how they met and developed a relationship is already out of the ordinary and ripe for an anime. Maybe the story is true; maybe its a lie. Maybe my dad is my mom's pimp. Maybe my dad has my mom under a sexually submissive contract "Fifty Shade of Grey" style. Who knows. I don't know, but since I'm grown and she's grown, I don't particularly care about she's doing. She a consenting adult and my father is a consenting adult. I don't care about what they do.

So I certainly don't think about it. Its not in the back of my head. If it was, it might mean that I probably have some demons that I need to work out.

If it seems as if I am making parallels to homophobia...then you have guessed right and earned a cookie.

Sugar or chocolate chip only.

No rain checks.

I think I need some chicken. Anybody know some good places for chicken?
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 07-29-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

29. Thanks Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    Likes Miss Moonlight liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Well, allow me to toss my hat into this ring.

Here's the thing. Even though I'm bisexual, I don't really mind the fact that some people are uncomfortable about it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so as long as you treat me like a regular person, then we are fine.

However, it should be noted that the whole "your-lifestyle-is-utterly-disgusting-and-abhorrent-to-me-but-I-like-you-anyway" statement is one that doesn't usually go very well. Its one thing to be a bit uncomfortable about homosexuality and leaving it at that and quite another to compare it to someone's "dirty sex life". I think your initial post was just fine; honest and straight forward. But reading your private message makes me want to punch you in the jaw.

First, it should be noted that bringing up the sex lives of one's parents is NOT a good idea if you want them to understand your position (I don't think you shot yourself in the foot; I think you shot it clear off).

Second, in response to your (hopefully) hypothetical question, I really doesn't care what my mother has done sexually in the past because I'm a grown woman who doesn't care what people do in private. I don't think about it because I have my own life (and my own dirty sex life). Since my parents never married, there are a myriad of possibilities of what my parents were doing in the past or what they still do. Hell, the story of how they met and developed a relationship is already out of the ordinary and ripe for an anime. Maybe the story is true; maybe its a lie. Maybe my dad is my mom's pimp. Maybe my dad has my mom under a sexually submissive contract "Fifty Shade of Grey" style. Who knows. I don't know, but since I'm grown and she's grown, I don't particularly care about she's doing. She a consenting adult and my father is a consenting adult. I don't care about what they do.

So I certainly don't think about it. Its not in the back of my head. If it was, it might mean that I probably have some demons that I need to work out.

If it seems as if I am making parallels to homophobia...then you have guessed right and earned a cookie.

Sugar or chocolate chip only.

No rain checks.

I think I need some chicken. Anybody know some good places for chicken?
    Exactly this. This is the problem I had with his argument, and the "I don't have a problem with the gays just as long as they keep their disgusting gay selves out of my life" thing.

Obviously if you refer to it as "nasty", you have a problem with it. It would have been fine if he had just said "I don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle, but they are free to do as they please" ...

Anyway, point well made, wolfgirl.

Member GX7 is an unknown quantity at this point GX7's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2012 03:49 AM
    Threads

"Doesn't seem like a Christian" in what way? He is big and fat, though.

The CEO of Chic-fil-a has made a few statements over the years, but the one that got this particular incident started was, to quote from the random HP article I just googled:
    I didn't know he said that! From what you said. It looks like he's supporting the Westboro Baptist Church without even accepting their horse crap ideals that Calvinists hold dear. And where in the New Testament said that God continues to punish us for our sins, even though he sent Christ to die on the cross which ended the old ways? Let me answer that no where! So to say that God will judge and punish us for deciding what constitutes as marriage, is just down right laughable. I swear God and Jesus are in Heaven, sitting on the couch with a beer and laughing at the CEO's way of thinking about marriage and stuff. God only judges those that have passed on to the afterlife. Not the living still on Earth. Despite what others have you believe.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Yes he was. thats where i draw the line. Him and I are actually friends now and hang out regularly.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    1. However, it should be noted that the whole "your-lifestyle-is-utterly-disgusting-and-abhorrent-to-me-but-I-like-you-anyway" statement is one that doesn't usually go very well.

2. But reading your private message makes me want to punch you in the jaw.

3. First, it should be noted that bringing up the sex lives of one's parents is NOT a good idea if you want them to understand your position (I don't think you shot yourself in the foot; I think you shot it clear off).

4. Second, in response to your (hopefully) hypothetical question, I really doesn't care what my mother has done sexually in the past because I'm a grown woman who doesn't care what people do in private.

5. So I certainly don't think about it. Its not in the back of my head. If it was, it might mean that I probably have some demons that I need to work out.

6. I think I need some chicken. Anybody know some good places for chicken?
    okiday. here we go lol

1. I said nasty. not what you just wrote. Very very different statements. like "Forget you" and "F*ck you!

2. I'll gladly post or pm my address if you really want to do it.

3. Its a perfect subject that most people are uncomfortable with.

4. So you'd feel just as comfortable talking to her about her sexlife as you would talking to one of your friends about theirs(i wouldn't lol)?

5. Thats something most people can't say.

6. Theres this place down the street called Toni's Pizzaria. They make Tortellini and rather than ham, they throw honey chicken in. Its soooooooo good!
    whatever you do, don't go to KFC. its KFC is "utterly-disgusting-and-abhorrent" lol

---------- Post added 07-30-2012 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-29-2012 at 11:57 PM ----------

And what was he doing in said altercation? he didn't clarify, just that there was this "gentleman" who would not "back off" and he was ready to be a macho douche and punch him.

Don't assume you're so amazingly attractive that every gay person on the face of the planet wants to jump your bones.
    Do you really need to ask? I'm Kaleohano. I was chasing the ladies trying to have a little extra fun after the party.

LADIES: Ever have a guy hit on you so much it pisses you off? I can be that guy from time to time. This gay dude was doing that to me in this particular instance.
    Anything else you want clarified?

As far as me thinking every gay dude wants to jump my bone... when did i ever say that? Even if it was true, i wouldn't want to believe it. lol I can honestly say that i'm happy that i'm not that hot.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Homosexuality. I think its gross. The idea of two same sex individuals doing certain things in private is one i'm uncomfortable with.
    And the idea of two men going at it actually really disgusts me as well.

However, I am capable of recognizing that people are different from me, and I'm perfectly fine with that. They can't help it.

In this post you've not mentioned it, but you said that you disagree with it from an "moral" standpoint. ...Because it's gross? Really? Why is it that people have such an hard time accepting that others are different from them?

I'm not opposed to it from an 'moral' standpoint, though. =/

You find it uncomfortable because you are not homosexual yourself. Again, I am very disgusted by the thought of two men doing each other, but that's not what I think of when I think of an male homosexual couple. And even if it was, I wouldn't care. It doesn't matter to me. Especially not enough to have to bring it up when discussing homosexuality. They are different from me. So what?

And then you made this comment:

Just cuz i don't like them is not enough reason for me to treat them differently. I only act when some dude starts making me feel uncomfortable. I have a certain line that I draw that does not get crossed. If it is crosses, prepare to deal with the consequences.
    So, first of all, you don't like them? The truth comes out!

Anyway, my point is... This about when somebody starts making you uncomfortable? I'd assume that is showing even the slightest bit of affection toward you (if not, then take the rest of this post as more of an general statement, because I know it applies to many, especially some I know IRL). Which is flat out silly. You do realize that your sexual orientation isn't stamped on your forehead and nobody can tell for sure what is without you telling them in some way.

Everytime I see somebody make a comment like that, it really makes them look like they're insecure. When the opposite gender (since I like the same gender) likes me, I am only flattered by it. Not "uncomfortable" about it. That is true even though I would never touch them with a ten foot pole. Of course, there are times where they go over the top, but that's a general problem and is not related to their sexuality. (The very fact that so many go out of their way to say it's the homosexuals that bother them when they hit on them too much tells a lot about them, I say)

But either way, you say you don't treat homosexuals different, yet you draw some line and say they will "face consequences" if they happen to cross it. How dare they be attracted to you, is all this says. You're putting yourself above them.
    Last edited by Aulos; 07-30-2012 at 08:07 AM.

~Made by me~

34. Thanks Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information