AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Chik fil A Controversy

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonista View Post
    I'm older than you. Don't act like this is an matter of age.

And that point is when he is... Well, I've already said it.

Before that, you have plenty of options. One of them being, you know, stopping associating with him and walking away.

He's not physically harming you, so no, it is not.

So it is insecurity.

I hate to hammer that word, but seriously "I've got to punch gay guys that go a bit too far with me, otherwise I look like I have no balls!" That is, like, obvious insecurity. I don't see what it is with guys and crap like this.

Macho machoness. I guess pointless violence makes you more manly and straight? or something, and walking away makes you gay/wimpy? I know that's the mindset of the typical insecure male, not really the typical mature adult.

I would think having brains/common sense is more important than having "balls" (which you should already have, anyway, not like they are going to take a hike anytime soon) so ...
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 07-31-2012 at 05:43 PM.

2. Likes Ayu 「あゆ」 liked this post
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    Trying to only use words is how WWII started. Had the French and the British taken some actual action against Hitler when he was building his Armies beyond what the Treaty of Versailles allowed, then His forces would have been too small to begin his campaign. But no, they just idly sat by telling him not to do it. I think the death toll of WWII was somewhere around 50mil (Including the 11mil killed by Hitlers camp)?
    Oh GORSH! words work so well!
    Well, it seems we've arrived in the territory of Godwin's law.

Quote Originally Posted by TheThunderBringer View Post
    And I'm not sure why you referenced me to WG's post.
    Because that post is the only one where I "support" him.

When it comes to being aggressive towards someone who keeps hitting on you (despite protests), I understand that. Regardless of gender and sexual orientation, people can't keep hitting on a person when they have stated their objection over and over and over again. Like I said, not only is it annoying, it is also harassment (at least that's how I see it).

I've had both guys and girls hit on me. Most worked out just fine; a few went too far. Two guys are now more familiar with my knee in their kidney and a girl has had a close encounter with the back of my hand. Did their sexuality have anything to do with it? No. Its just that they crossed a personal line. I no longer felt merely annoyed; I felt threatened and that's my reaction to it. They weren't just giving compliments; I could let that slide. Its when someone follows me all over a bar or a party and keeps trying to lead me into something that I don't want to do with them that we have an issue and more...physical methods have to be employed.

Again, if he had specified in his post that he was referring to a general reaction or, as in the case of most of his posts, not mentioned it at all (since he is digging a hole for himself faster than a Diglett on Ecstasy), it wouldn't be as bad; as I told him, I actually ignored that particular post of his because I understood and because it didn't really cross any lines, especially since two other people posted similar opinions and reactions before he did (I guess everyone managed to not see those....).
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 08:46 PM
    Threads

+like for Godwin's Law

When it comes to being aggressive towards someone who keeps hitting on you (despite protests), I understand that. Regardless of gender and sexual orientation, people can't keep hitting on a person when they have stated their objection over and over and over again. Like I said, not only is it annoying, it is also harassment (at least that's how I see it).
    Personally, you'd have to go so over the top annoying/persistent in your crusade for dating me to get me to punch you that I honestly don't think it could be done. You would probably have to be paid money to get me to hit you or something. I would ignore you, make sarcastic remarks, act a little bit too chill in a passive-aggressive or even overly kind manner, and basically just be strange about it. That's how I've dealt with harassment my whole life and it's worked wonders- even made potential bullies good friends. I've been 'friends' with several people whose attitudes and treatment of others I find pretty rude and obnoxious, but I just don't let it phase me and somehow I'm no longer a target.

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

Discrimination or not, I want them to open here so I can get some damn chicken sandwiches.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

[QUOTE=Bassoonista;2701526]And that point is when he is... Well, I've already said it.

Before that, you have plenty of options. One of them being, you know, stopping associating with him and walking away.[/QOUTE]

Why should I leave when HE is the one making ME feel uncomfortable? In that situation, i'm defending my right to enjoy myself wherever i happen to be at the time.

[QUOTE]He's not physically harming you, so no, it is not.[/QUOTE/

Waiting till you get hit will often mean its too late already.

So it is insecurity.

I hate to hammer that word, but seriously "I've got to punch gay guys that go a bit too far with me, otherwise I look like I have no balls!" That is, like, obvious insecurity. I don't see what it is with guys and crap like this.
    I don't know why you keep singling out gay guys. I've already said that i'll go after people who break my comfort zone. It could also be the loud and obnoxious guy at the party who keeps breaking stuff. The big bully who's already shoving others around. The guy who thinks he can take on anyone.
    I'm not insecure about it looking like i'm afraid to fight someone, anyone who knows me is well aware that i'm not afraid of a fight. I'm just defending myself in whatever way i see fit.
    You disagreeing with me isn't gonna change that. I've tried walking away, now i'm away from the party and no longer having any fun. I've tried talking, and it doesn't change anything. I tried yelling...didn't change anything. Then i clocked a guy in the face for the first time. Subject was dropped right there.
    If you're cool with guys grabbing your butt, crotch, chest, etc... without your consent, then enjoy yourself. If not, and you quickly find out how words don't work, feel free to find me to take care of the problem since you're too insecure about getting your hands dirty.

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheThunderBringer View Post
    I can see how you might think that my age has something to do with my deductive reasoning, but it's still incredibly presumptuous. *looks at age*....wait...you're only 20 years old. Whut. You're not even significantly older than me...the United States doesn't even deem you responsible enough to consume alcohol yet. I would most certainly not consider myself old/mature/experienced if I were only 20...
    Different living conditions make people grow up differently. The living conditions for my last 2 years have been those of the military. I've been to over 40 different countries. I speak 2 languages fluently. I've obviously been in more physical confrontations than you. I watched my Uncle get shot when i was 12. I personally euthanized my first dog when i was 13 because i didn't want anyone else touching her. At 16 i got caught between my parents divorce and moved out a little less than a year later living between my car, friends houses, and motels. Even living like this, i graduated high school with a 4.0GPA. During this time, I enlisted in the Navy and left for basic training in April of 2010.

Now tell me, do you honestly think you'll be anything close to what i am in 3 years?
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 05:08 PM
    Threads

I'm a violent girl at times and yet I'm not so weak as to be warped by my living conditions to just become violent towards a harmless guy nor will I ever use my upbringing as an excuse for my violent nature. I'm violent bcuz I choose to be, but I'm not irrational. You could at least warn you are going to hit him and make it clear that he is pissing you off. Violence is simply a very immature way of handling your insecurity around gay guys. There are better ways to handle such situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano
    Waiting till you get hit will often mean its too late already
    So you think the nice homosexual gentleman is going to trying and punch you out?
    Last edited by Ayu 「あゆ」; 08-01-2012 at 04:48 AM.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Now tell me, do you honestly think you'll be anything close to what i am in 3 years?

If he's lucky, no.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 08-01-2012 at 09:05 PM.

9. Likes Kaleohano liked this post
    Senior Member Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape has a reputation beyond repute Ape's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Photoshop Monkey
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2016 05:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DontBeScared209 PSN ID: OhHelloFolks Steam ID: ApeorHominid

Taken from a post on the Chick-fil-a facebook page. Really cool person.

"I'm gay and I think that Chick Fil A being strong with what they believe in is awesome. I may not agree with it but who cares, its their money that their using from their privately owned company to do so. Instead of complaining about this one company out of many that donated money to certain causes, you all could be looking for ways to support your cause. You're for gay rights? Awesome go donate money! Chick Fil A happens to be against it, so they donate money also. I don't see Chick Fil A banning gay people all because they have different beliefs. Do you? Nope! I eat there and they haven't complained about me for being gay! I'm sure they love my business just the same as a straight persons. So relax, not everybody will always have the same beliefs as everybody else, its called life. People believe in different things. That's what makes life fun and worth livining." - Emily Ruggieri

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    If he's lucky, no.
    i literally laughed out loud at this.

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ayu 「あゆ」 View Post
    So you think the nice homosexual gentleman is going to trying and punch you out?
    refresh my memory please, when did i say that?
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Why should I leave when HE is the one making ME feel uncomfortable? In that situation, i'm defending my right to enjoy myself wherever i happen to be at the time.
    Be the bigger man. Walk away, let it slide. Not that hard to be mature.

Waiting till you get hit will often mean its too late already.
    "Wanna date me?"
    "No"
    *POW*

-Said no one ever. Because that doesn't happen. Ever.

Different living conditions make people grow up differently. The living conditions for my last 2 years have been those of the military. I've been to over 40 different countries. I speak 2 languages fluently. I've obviously been in more physical confrontations than you. I watched my Uncle get shot when i was 12. I personally euthanized my first dog when i was 13 because i didn't want anyone else touching her. At 16 i got caught between my parents divorce and moved out a little less than a year later living between my car, friends houses, and motels. Even living like this, i graduated high school with a 4.0GPA. During this time, I enlisted in the Navy and left for basic training in April of 2010.
    Different living conditions is something I can agree with; clearly you've lived a more...not sure how to word it...rough? life. Something that probably led to you being much more confrontational than me- but that's not necessarily a good thing. In some situations, sure, I'd take your strength over mine, but again: IN THE CONTEXT YOU ORIGINALLY PRESENTED- NO. The only reason we started this little scuffle is that you said you'd slug someone who tried to date you. It's just about the highest form of praise you can get: this person loves you. They want to date you. Just say no, and if they won't stop, do what I said several posts back....can't find it. Anyway, I just said that I ignore them, I make sarcastic remarks, I never make eye contact, I'm chill the entire time, I continuously walk away. It works every single time, so well that, again, several people who are kind of bullies to everyone are 'friends' of mine since my behavior towards them when they tried to bully me was totally unphased, and almost funny.

To reiterate: THIS IS ALL ABOUT THE CONTEXT YOU ORIGINALLY PRESENTED.

Also, don't pretend like you're more mature than me just because you've had a harder life. Your post calling out Miss Moonlight for your PRIVATE messages was one of the most uncalled for things posted in this thread.

And I'd appreciate if you'd addressed all parts of my post, not just the one you think you can trump from 'personal experience.'
    Last edited by TheThunderBringer; 08-01-2012 at 09:55 AM.

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

13. Thanks Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    Likes Miss Moonlight liked this post
    Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

refresh my memory please, when did i say that?
    You said it two seconds ago. You said that it's best to be on the pre-emptive and attack the gay gentleman first bcuz it's better to hit him before he has a chance to hit you. I even quoted you when I replied so how did you miss it?
    Last edited by Ayu 「あゆ」; 08-01-2012 at 10:19 AM.

Senior Member aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Monkey Tuxedo Mask Rose Present
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2014 05:10 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Aerophobia

PLAIN AND SIMPLE
    A business reserves the right to refuse service. They can say whatever they want to say and do whatever they want to do, its their choice.
    As for the mayor of boston refusing chick fil-a. He can say whatever he wants to as well. He can't force anyone out or refuse any company at all. The only thing he could do is make it difficult for them to open a store. Its also not about the company being christian, its about their stand on gay marriage and discrimination against those who believe in it. Not whatever the heck you are saying there.

Also,
    Operation "fast and furious" scandal
    Last edited by aerophobia; 08-01-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    "“Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death. They might as well be the same thing.”---spice and wolf

“When you're surrounded by all these people, it can be lonelier than when you're by yourself. You can be in a huge crowd, but if you don't feel like you can trust anyone or talk to anybody, you feel like you're really alone.” -- Fiona Apple

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

Lol. We've gotten so far off from the topic.

Today's that day. I like how the vast majority of my friends from high school and community college have been rather silent on issues like this. While seeing as I live in Oklahoma, I should probably be assuming that everybody is against same-sex marriage until they say otherwise, I tend to not do that. I tend to assume the best. I don't know why. I guess it's just for some odd reason I have some odd bit of faith in humanity left.

Anyway, today changed that all. All of the sudden my silent friends became very outward. Some even going as far as saying "Oh man, the parking lot is FULL at Chik-Fil-A, this is so awesome!". I decided it's probably best for me not to sign onto Facebook for the rest of the day. I'm so happy for them, you know, being on the wrong side of history, and being soooo proud of it. I could never be more ashamed to be anywhere near this section of the country.

I'm sorry, but I just can't have any respect for this. By doing this, they are supporting the funding of groups that are are flat out hateful. Groups that go beyond directly pushing for anti-same sex marriage laws. They spread around blatant lies which are incredibly harmful to the acceptance of LGBT people.

It just makes me so very sad... And I bet all my friends are just thinking this is all about freedom of religion and expression. It's not. This has nothing to do with freedom of religion, and it goes far beyond the freedom of expression with the direct funding of those groups.

~Made by me~

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

You said it two seconds ago. You said that it's best to be on the pre-emptive and attack the gay gentleman first bcuz it's better to hit him before he has a chance to hit you. I even quoted you when I replied so how did you miss it?
    Wrong. You're making things up.
    You said that he wasn't physically hurting me, so physical retaliation would be unjustified.
    From that statement, I can see that you believe that one should not hit someone, unless he is hit first. In other words, you believe physical violence should only be in self defense.
    To this, i responded with "Waiting till you get hit will often mean its too late already." Meaning, that its not uncommon for the first punch to be the last one.

My response was aimed at your point of view, not on what i think the gay guy is gonna do. Should he throw a punch however, I can promise you that i'll leave something on him that'll be there for the rest of his life.

Its whatever. I'm tired of you people and this has gone way off subject.
    It started with me saying I don't like the homosexuality, but do not discriminate against homosexuals.
    And now you all know that if you see me at a party, stay the hell away from me.
    I place them no higher or lower than anyone else in this world. Except the mormons. Thats a group of people i could gladly do without.

Don't bother on commenting about the mormons. I'm not getting into it.
    I don't need approval from any of you about how i conduct myself.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

@Bassoonista
    On the subject of same-sex marriage. I'm all for it. If the want to sign documents that mean their property is legally shared, then let them. With divorce rates as high as they are, it can hardly be considered "Holy matrimony" or whatever and some guy in Montana isn't gonna be affected by two gay guys on the other side of the country getting married. If they want in on the misery that is marriage, let them.
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 08-01-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    Hmmm... Been a while

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Alright. Fun thread, fellas.
    Break.

-RaShayRitto

19. Likes Kaleohano liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wrong. You're making things up.
    You said that he wasn't physically hurting me, so physical retaliation would be unjustified.
    From that statement, I can see that you believe that one should not hit someone, unless he is hit first. In other words, you believe physical violence should only be in self defense.
    To this, i responded with "Waiting till you get hit will often mean its too late already." Meaning, that its not uncommon for the first punch to be the last one.

My response was aimed at your point of view, not on what i think the gay guy is gonna do. Should he throw a punch however, I can promise you that i'll leave something on him that'll be there for the rest of his life.

Its whatever. I'm tired of you people and this has gone way off subject.
    It started with me saying I don't like the homosexuality, but do not discriminate against homosexuals.
    And now you all know that if you see me at a party, stay the hell away from me.
    I place them no higher or lower than anyone else in this world. Except the mormons. Thats a group of people i could gladly do without.

Don't bother on commenting about the mormons. I'm not getting into it.
    I don't need approval from any of you about how i conduct myself.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

@Bassoonista
    On the subject of same-sex marriage. I'm all for it. If the want to sign documents that mean their property is legally shared, then let them. With divorce rates as high as they are, it can hardly be considered "Holy matrimony" or whatever and some guy in Montana isn't gonna be affected by two gay guys on the other side of the country getting married. If they want in on the misery that is marriage, let them.
    I'm not making things up. You were told that it was not right to punch a guy bcuz he did you no harm, and you answered with "I'd rather hit him before he hits me." But if you really are saying that that is not how you meant it, then why don't you answer as to why you feel it is justified to attack a gay man who would never think of harming you, and this time, don't dodge with semantics. Don't give an answer that does not answer the question I just proposed to you. I'll repeat the question for you once more: Why do you feel it is justified to attack a gay man for hitting on you even tho even he never once physically asserted himself on you or meant any harm to you whatsoever?

And I want to point out that I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with throwing the first punch if you see a fight about to come your way, but I would like to know how that relates to you hitting a homosexual for no good reason. And try not veer off and avoid answering like you just did. Also, stay away from WWII as it is extremely irrelevant and is nothing more than a hyperbolic analogy that serves no purpose.
    Last edited by Ayu 「あゆ」; 08-01-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I'm not making things up. You were told that it was not right to punch a guy bcuz he did you no harm, and you answered with "I'd rather hit him before he hits me." But if you really are saying that that is not how you meant it, then why don't you answer as to why you feel it is justified to attack a gay man who would never think of harming you, and this time, don't dodge with semantics. Don't give an answer that does not answer the question I just proposed to you. I'll repeat the question for you once more: Why do you feel it is justified to attack a gay man for hitting on you even tho even he never once physically asserted himself on you or meant any harm to you whatsoever?

And I want to point out that I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with throwing the first punch if you see a fight about to come your way, but I would like to know how that relates to you hitting a homosexual for no good reason. And try not veer off and avoid answering like you just did. Also, stay away from WWII as it is extremely irrelevant and is nothing more than a hyperbolic analogy that serves no purpose.
    I'll quote myself on this.
    My response was aimed at your point of view, not on what i think the gay guy is gonna do.
    I'm done with the subject and will not add anything to it. or as you guys would call it "Walking away." Personally, i call it being bored with the subject.

one question though, why do you care?
    Hmmm... Been a while

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'll quote myself on this.

I'm done with the subject and will not add anything to it. or as you guys would call it "Walking away." Personally, i call it being bored with the subject.

one question though, why do you care?
    You've dodged my question quite enough. If you don't have it in you to answer that simple question of mine, then I see no reason to answer yours.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

You've dodged my question quite enough. If you don't have it in you to answer that simple question of mine, then I see no reason to answer yours.
    Because he violated the boundaries i have set. By the time that i resort to violence, he will have already been informed of my heterosexuality and warned to back off. The way i see it, that person would deserve no less.
    Now you're the one avoiding the question. probably because you have no good answer for it.
    Hmmm... Been a while

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thank you for answering. And the reason I cared was bcuz I was appalled that someone would get violent over some simple insecurities. But if you have given fair warning and made your sexuality clear, then I see no problem with you slugging the guy for continuing to harrass you. But what it came off like from the other, it sounded like you were just unnecessarily violent bcuz you were insecure.

Nanobyte's minion Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink has a reputation beyond repute Negative Ink's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-30-2012 06:03 PM
    Threads

Man, I've never eaten there, they don't have it in Norway.

But politics be dammned. I don't care if they donated money to the 'clusterbombs for africian children charity' that still looks delicious.

On topic, so they got a CEO that is oppinionated. So what? The chain still serves gay people and abide on the books with anti-discrimination laws. There is a real constitutional danger however, with politicians now actually trying to regionally ban it 'because they don't like it.' By all means, a community is entitled to a boycot. *Though whatever counter-meassure intended has failed, as their stocks have taken a considerable upwards turn and it is dubious the controversy effect will have much long-term impact. They are also not nearly as politically active as their counterpart in Ben&Jerry's, who sell direct products related to what they support.

On a market level it is not adviced for several reasons to stirr up the pot. Mostly due to the added risk of a short term drop in stocks, but it is still a freedom and political correctness can only extend that far. The 'discrimination' factor will be not near that of your average nightclub. All this is about is an old, white aged conservative christian making a statement and contributing to political organizations who lobby. This is not new and at least honest, whereas today, on both isles, you got political fundings that go to less than reputible organizations who engage in everything from voter fraud to paternally forced relocation for political gains.

By all means, defame it, hate it, refuse to ever look at it again. Hell, even protest against it. Sign petitions or whatnot. Do your duty for your conscience, but don't even bother about the whole legal aspect as it looks pretty damn clean. Supporting banning something, just because it contributes to something 'one does not like' can start a very bad trend.

Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i literally laughed out loud at this.
    I'm glad you found my sarcasm amusing.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

But what it came off like from the other, it sounded like you were just unnecessarily violent bcuz you were insecure.
    I'm glad we reached this level of understanding because, quite frankly, this argument was making my head hurt. Of course, I wish I had popcorn for all of the drama. Anyway, in my usual style, I will try to resolve this little issue (for you, and @Miss Moonlight , @TheThunderBringer , @Kaleohano , and a few others I can't think of) so we can get past it.

To start, I really, REALLY, don't understand how Kaleohano's post got so freaking misunderstood. It went from him saying that he was about to knock a gay out because he wouldn't leave him alone to saying that he was a bigoted, insecure, homophobic, macho-man douche. How did we get that far? I have no idea, particularly since some people admitted that Kaleohano hadn't mentioned much about the situation, yet they jumped on it anyway. And, as I pointed out, Kaleohano's post about almost hitting a guy (which was all it was initially) was in response to someone with the same opinion as him, so why everyone is jumping on him specifically, I really have no freaking idea. And in any case, his reaction isn't pushing any boundaries. As I said, I would have the same reaction as him; hell I've already done it. Should people try to talk it out? Yes. Should violence be the absolute, last resort? Yes. Should harassment be ignored in favor of the moral high road? For me, I don't think so. I may not know exactly what someone is going to do, and following me around, making suggestions, and feeling me up isn't physically harming me, but I'm not about to put up with it (and really, nobody should) and my (and apparently Kaleohano's) reaction to it is to be aggressive, and yes, sometimes this involves a fist. There are sleazy gay guys just like how there are sleazy straight guys; words don't well (as Meg said in Hercules "They think 'No' means 'Yes' and 'Get lost' means 'Take me, I'm yours.'").

At the same, @Kaleohano , you really...really...really need to just...stop (thank goodness, you have made the decision on your own). I haven't seen someone shoot themselves in the foot so many times since Mavericker's Asian girl thread (if you don't know who he is...you don't need to know). It isn't a good idea to call a member out. It isn't a good idea to bring up the sex lives of someone's parents. It isn't a good idea to invoke Godwin's law. None of these things helped you get respect and sympathy for your opinion.

And while your life story was "enlightening", its something no one really gives a crap about. Sorry, but its hard to argue about maturity when you have a puppy for a profile pic and talking about the sex life of someone's mother like a 10-year old. Plus, I'm even older than you; when you can join me at the table for a pint, maybe we can talk.

So, does that sort things out? Let's not jump to conclusions about one's vague opinion and let's not insult people when we are trying to gain respect. *Sigh* I need a drink....
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 08-02-2012 at 01:28 AM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Thank you for answering. And the reason I cared was bcuz I was appalled that someone would get violent over some simple insecurities. But if you have given fair warning and made your sexuality clear, then I see no problem with you slugging the guy for continuing to harrass you. But what it came off like from the other, it sounded like you were just unnecessarily violent bcuz you were insecure.
    well, i'm glad we could get that cleared up.

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    you have a puppy for a profile pic
    hey, leave the puppy alone. he's cute lol
    You have a crazy chick that is as messy as a small child when she eats.
    Hmmm... Been a while

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

This isn't just about Chik-Fil-A being against gay's and gay marriage, the company actually donates millions of dollars to anti gay organizations. It's not just an "opinion" when they support and donate to organizations such as Exodus International, an organization well known for supporting the Ugandan "Anti Gay" law and the use of Conversion Therapy to supposedly "treat gays". As a gay person myself, it hits close to home, I do not want to, in any way, support a company that thinks I'm somehow less of a person just because I like other women.

And apparently Wendy's supports them

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

30. Likes Aulos liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information