AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 144

Thread: Chik fil A Controversy

  1. #1
    Member GX7 is an unknown quantity at this point GX7's Avatar
    Gil
    1,564.17
    Gender
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2012 03:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Threads
    11
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Chik fil A Controversy

    Okay has anyone heard about this so called "controversial" report about the Christian owned fast food chain, as well as the mayor of Boston saying that they're not welcome because they "discriminate" against the homosexual population of America?

    Well let's talk about it here and share your opinions on this situation. Me personally it's kind of stupid that a mayor can tell where a company can set up a shop and where they can't. This is America, and it seems to me that Christians are now losing their rights while homosexuals and muslims are getting more rights than Christians.

    If the mayor of Boston doesn't want a Christian company in his city because Christians are supposed to hate the sin of homosexuality and not the person. Then he should throw out EVERY single church that doesn't allow gays to sit in their pews every Sunday morning or even get married within their sanctuary. I bet you THAT will go over real well. (/sarcasm)

  2. #2
    ~Neko Neko Neko~ KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls's Avatar
    Gil
    10,976,667.89
    Gender
    My Mood
    Bookworm
    Gifts Cookie Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:19 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    US
    Age
    20
    Threads
    16
    Posts
    1,065
    Blog Entries
    59
    Rep Power
    779

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    Some of my family members are christian And they don't really care if someone is homosexual or not, It's them, It's their life not ours. And if the mayor actually wants that.. Che I'd kick his a** if i had to.

  3. Likes Alice Lost liked this post
  4. #3
    Senior Member threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves's Avatar
    Gil
    7,995.31
    Gender
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2013 11:23 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    45
    Threads
    7
    Posts
    482
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    114
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: W0LF1NN PSN ID: G0pherG0d

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    ChickFila is entitled to its opinion, one I dont agree with, but they are entitled to it.

    To be honest, Im surprised at how many people found it shocking. I mean come one, the guy is so religious, that he is the only fast food place I know, that closes on Sundays, cause thats God's day. Was I surprised he said it out loud, maybe a little bit, but not really.

    The backlash, well that comes with the territory, if they didnt expect it, then their head was in the ground.

  5. Thanks TheAsterisk! thanked for this post
    Likes KingPopadopalus liked this post
  6. #4
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    1,383.99
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2014 07:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    22
    Threads
    50
    Posts
    3,368
    Blog Entries
    12
    AW Wallpapers
    2
    Rep Power
    1121
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    I dont dislike homosexuals on from a supernatural-invisible-man-goat-nuts-voodoo-schpick standpoint. I just don't care for homosexuality from a personal/moral standpoint. I think the idea is nasty.
    That being said, i don't discriminate against homosexuals. Just cuz i don't like them is not enough reason for me to treat them differently. I only act when some dude starts making me feel uncomfortable. I have a certain line that I draw that does not get crossed. If it is crosses, prepare to deal with the consequences.

    So on this, i believe strongly in the separation of state and church. Neither interacts with the other. So i don't think the Mayor should be able to kick the restaurant joint out. The homosexuals should deal with it themselves.
    Kaleohano derailing threads everywhere he go
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

  7. Thanks Mugiwara-no-Basuke thanked for this post
    Likes DOOM!, Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Dislikes Miss Electric Moonlight disliked this post
  8. #5
    Heavenly Illusion Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel has a reputation beyond repute Faux Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    44,934.03
    Gender
    Gifts Strawberry
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2012 03:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Threads
    8
    Posts
    256
    AW Wallpapers
    1
    Rep Power
    123

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by GX7 View Post
    Okay has anyone heard about this so called "controversial" report about the Christian owned fast food chain, as well as the mayor of Boston saying that they're not welcome because they "discriminate" against the homosexual population of America?

    Well let's talk about it here and share your opinions on this situation. Me personally it's kind of stupid that a mayor can tell where a company can set up a shop and where they can't. This is America, and it seems to me that Christians are now losing their rights while homosexuals and muslims are getting more rights than Christians.

    If the mayor of Boston doesn't want a Christian company in his city because Christians are supposed to hate the sin of homosexuality and not the person. Then he should throw out EVERY single church that doesn't allow gays to sit in their pews every Sunday morning or even get married within their sanctuary. I bet you THAT will go over real well. (/sarcasm)

    : | i dont support them in theory, tho i do eat there, not because of this, but because when i was younger, my kids meal came with a book about "world religions" =___= and they purposefully left out islam... which the second largest religion in the world....

    similarly, i think they are completely wrong for this act of discrimination. In my opinion, if they dislike it, they should not only say so openly but refuse to sell to homos/muslims/whoever else they dislike..... [i know i know..outrage would ensue] but as it is, they are being hypocritical, because they will discriminate... up until the moment u open ur wallet, they take the money, then they finish discriminating : | wtf.

  9. #6
    Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    4,054.07
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Age
    22
    Threads
    17
    Posts
    2,298
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    169

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    I dont dislike homosexuals on from a supernatural-invisible-man-goat-nuts-voodoo-schpick standpoint. I just don't care for homosexuality from a personal/moral standpoint. I think the idea is nasty.
    That being said, i don't discriminate against homosexuals. Just cuz i don't like them is not enough reason for me to treat them differently. I only act when some dude starts making me feel uncomfortable. I have a certain line that I draw that does not get crossed. If it is crosses, prepare to deal with the consequences.

    So on this, i believe strongly in the separation of state and church. Neither interacts with the other. So i don't think the Mayor should be able to kick the restaurant joint out. The homosexuals should deal with it themselves.
    That's what mature guys do!
    It's the same with me, homessexuality is very weird for me and I hate when I'm watching a series and two guys kiss but I'll respect any homessexual as much as for an heterossexual because some homossexual are definetely much better persons than heteros like myself.


    "I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."


  10. #7
    AFs Cutest Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette's Avatar
    Gil
    13,078,774.73
    Gender
    Gifts Cds Flowers Fan Glasses Red
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2014 01:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Climbing in yo windows.
    Threads
    49
    Posts
    2,456
    Blog Entries
    20
    Rep Power
    713

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    This is some b-chicken
    hella

  11. Likes DOOM! liked this post
  12. #8
    Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    727,512.42
    Gender
    My Mood
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2014 02:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alternia
    Age
    22
    Threads
    54
    Posts
    3,007
    Blog Entries
    91
    AW Wallpapers
    3
    Rep Power
    4419

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    I've heard of it going around, especially on Facebook. I'm annoyed with homophobes as well with the homosexuals who demand their rights and demand respect.
    The bottom line for me is that everyone has rights, just respect one another's way and beliefs and be kind to one another. >_>; As for this controversy, I don't really care too much of it because it's not affecting me.

  13. #9
    Member Tewi Inaba is an unknown quantity at this point Tewi Inaba's Avatar
    Gil
    1,103.02
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2012 03:27 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Anime Land, North America
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    I think i agree that The Mayor went a little far....
    But Mr.Chik Fila Owner Guy Should of expected that comes with the territory tho...
    Im Hope Someday that everyone can get over this issue....

  14. #10
    Member GX7 is an unknown quantity at this point GX7's Avatar
    Gil
    1,564.17
    Gender
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2012 03:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Threads
    11
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by Seung-li View Post
    I've heard of it going around, especially on Facebook. I'm annoyed with homophobes as well with the homosexuals who demand their rights and demand respect.
    The bottom line for me is that everyone has rights, just respect one another's way and beliefs and be kind to one another. >_>; As for this controversy, I don't really care too much of it because it's not affecting me.
    I agree... Especially now that it's all "We're gay! We demand more rights than everyone else and respect!". I think that they deserve the same human rights as every American has. However if they want to be respected among the American people. They need to EARN that respect. You don't just demand respect, you earn it!

    And getting this out into the open. My stance on gay marriage is one word: compromise. That's right make both Christians and homosexuals happy. Why can't there be compromise in politics I have no idea. But it needs to happen starting now, and with Obama and Romney. I don't care what side thinks. Republicans and Democrats can work together instead of against each other. And they know it. They just don't do it.

    One final note. If the Westboro Baptist Church continues down it's current course of hatred. Then Christians may find themselves worshiping Christ in underground churches. Think about that. Christianity's image is being tainted by that damned Phelps family in Kansas.

  15. Dislikes Miss Electric Moonlight disliked this post
  16. #11
    Senior Member Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista's Avatar
    Gil
    5,385.16
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inpain
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2014 10:55 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Age
    25
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    991
    Rep Power
    659
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 1924-2316-9778-0248

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    I'll never eat there again.

    That would have more effect if I actually ate there regularly. However, I didn't have much against the place before this and would (and did) eat there if I was out with friends. But not anymore.

    Of course, they have the right to have an stance, and to be open about it. However, I also have the right to say "Screw them!". Particularly for all the money donated to those hate groups. There is no way in hell I'm going to go spend my money there now. I don't want even an cent of my money going to such groups. It's just disgusting.

    On the other hand, I have a new-found respect for The Muppets. =P

    Quote Originally Posted by GX7 View Post
    I agree... Especially now that it's all "We're gay! We demand more rights than everyone else and respect!".
    More rights than everyone else? What are these rights that homosexuals are 'demanding' that you are speaking of that are 'more' than anyone else?

    One final note. If the Westboro Baptist Church continues down it's current course of hatred. Then Christians may find themselves worshiping Christ in underground churches. Think about that. Christianity's image is being tainted by that damned Phelps family in Kansas.
    I don't know about you, but I don't take the Westboro Baptist Church seriously. I mean I do take them seriously as in I think that they are bad, and that picketing funerals is an horribly low thing to do. However, as part of their religion I do not take them seriously.

    You don't need Westboro Baptist Church to ruin Christianity's image. Plain Christianity has done plenty to destroy its own image.
    Last edited by Bassoonista; 07-26-2012 at 09:21 PM.

    ~Made by me~
    (It's actually of my bassoon!)



  17. Thanks Miss Electric Moonlight thanked for this post
  18. #12
    Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+'s Avatar
    Gil
    54,957,652,718.46
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2014 07:46 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Akihabara
    Threads
    670
    Posts
    10,080
    Blog Entries
    81
    Rep Power
    6357
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: SalamanderKnight Steam ID: Kaitou-Kid

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    I dont dislike homosexuals on from a supernatural-invisible-man-goat-nuts-voodoo-schpick standpoint. I just don't care for homosexuality from a personal/moral standpoint. I think the idea is nasty.
    That being said, i don't discriminate against homosexuals. Just cuz i don't like them is not enough reason for me to treat them differently. I only act when some dude starts making me feel uncomfortable. I have a certain line that I draw that does not get crossed. If it is crosses, prepare to deal with the consequences.
    I agree to an extend. As a straight man, it makes me pretty uncomfortable, even when joking. (Unless we're bros and we pretty much know we're straight) Like I was talking this dude I barely even know and he called me "Little Nasty Boy" despite of being being 5 years younger than me and then he did some pretty gay smiles over Skype like "make-up" or Kisses....I didn't tell him anything since I didn't want to hurt his feelings but that's pretty gay there.

    People are free to live their live how they want but try to keep me out of it. I agree about the part if they start to harass me after I tell them I am not interested then yeah consequences will happen but usually from what I observed or being told, that's usually not the case and they move on. So it's all good right there.

    I can't say I dislike homosexuals but sometimes, some of them they have this attitude I really dislike like this one member that should remain nameless, a few from other forums and in real life. It gets pretty annoying and I'm not the only one who thinks so but overall, I don't dislike or hate homosexuals.

    Everyone should be treated equally though.
    Last edited by Kaitou+; 07-26-2012 at 09:51 PM.

  19. #13
    Member GX7 is an unknown quantity at this point GX7's Avatar
    Gil
    1,564.17
    Gender
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2012 03:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Threads
    11
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonista View Post
    I'll never eat there again.

    That would have more effect if I actually ate there regularly. However, I didn't have much against the place before this and would (and did) eat there if I was out with friends. But not anymore.

    Of course, they have the right to have an stance, and to be open about it. However, I also have the right to say "Screw them!". Particularly for all the money donated to those hate groups. There is no way in hell I'm going to go spend my money there now. I don't want even an cent of my money going to such groups. It's just disgusting.

    On the other hand, I have a new-found respect for The Muppets. =P



    More rights than everyone else? What are these rights that homosexuals are 'demanding' that you are speaking of that are 'more' than anyone else?



    I don't know about you, but I don't take the Westboro Baptist Church seriously. I mean I do take them seriously as in I think that they are bad, and that picketing funerals is an horribly low thing to do. However, as part of their religion I do not take them seriously.

    You don't need Westboro Baptist Church to ruin Christianity's image. Plain Christianity has done plenty to destroy its own image.
    Well from what I hear is that homosexuals are getting more rights than Christians. One story I heard from my parents, that a Christian photography business refused to do a homosexual wedding. The couple sued and actually won the case. Basically the rights of a business is less important than a homosexual couples right to have whatever business to photograph their wedding.

    How has Christianity tainted it's own image? Besides the stupid crusades which shouldn't really count because that was the politics back in medieval Europe. How can Christianity ruin it's own image? Quite honestly the Westboro Baptist Church is doing a bang up job of making the world think God is a malviolent and hateful God, who wants nothing more than to punish humanity for it's sins.

  20. #14
    Senior Member Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith's Avatar
    Gil
    4,851.88
    Gender
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Gifts Cheshire Cat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2012 10:52 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    276
    Rep Power
    76

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    Chik fil A has a right as a company to deny service to any customer for any reason because it is a privately owned corporation. Going so far as to say it is against homosexuals and devorcies is another thing because it is discrimination but I suppose it is in the scope of their rights to deny service regardless. As for the Mayor aspect he can deny them permits to set up business if he has a sound reason other wise he is SOL because if they purchase the land and build on the property he will need a lawful reason to run them out of town.

  21. #15
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    29,999.82
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2014 11:51 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    34
    Threads
    67
    Posts
    2,784
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    593

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by GX7 View Post
    Christianity's image is being tainted by that damned Phelps family in Kansas.
    That is so annoying. They're tiny, just a dozen people or so, but they get insane amounts of press.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonista View Post
    More rights than everyone else? What are these rights that homosexuals are 'demanding' that you are speaking of that are 'more' than anyone else?
    In the context of this thread I'd say the right to have elected officials kick out businesses just because an owner says something the gay community doesn't like. I think the expectation of stuff like that is why this issue is as heated as it is and unfortunately vicious.

  22. #16
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    1,383.99
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2014 07:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    22
    Threads
    50
    Posts
    3,368
    Blog Entries
    12
    AW Wallpapers
    2
    Rep Power
    1121
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by The Entire Forum View Post
    People are free to live their live how they want but try to keep me out of it. I agree about the part if they start to harass me after I tell them I am not interested then yeah consequences will happen but usually from what I observed or being told, that's usually not the case and they move on. So it's all good right there.
    They do. I can only think of one occasion where a gentleman at a party would not back off of me and i had to adopt a more threatening tone. Borderline ready to knock him the f'k out. But the tone was enough to finish him. lol
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 07-27-2012 at 03:04 AM.
    Kaleohano derailing threads everywhere he go
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

  23. #17
    Member GX7 is an unknown quantity at this point GX7's Avatar
    Gil
    1,564.17
    Gender
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2012 03:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Threads
    11
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    That is so annoying. They're tiny, just a dozen people or so, but they get insane amounts of press.



    In the context of this thread I'd say the right to have elected officials kick out businesses just because an owner says something the gay community doesn't like. I think the expectation of stuff like that is why this issue is as heated as it is and unfortunately vicious.
    They're more than a dozen. In fact the entire church is just one big hateful family... Literally.

  24. #18
    Senior Member Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista's Avatar
    Gil
    5,385.16
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inpain
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2014 10:55 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Age
    25
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    991
    Rep Power
    659
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 1924-2316-9778-0248

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by GX7 View Post
    Well from what I hear is that homosexuals are getting more rights than Christians. One story I heard from my parents, that a Christian photography business refused to do a homosexual wedding. The couple sued and actually won the case. Basically the rights of a business is less important than a homosexual couples right to have whatever business to photograph their wedding.
    That is plain discrimination though. Regardless of your or my opinion on the rights of businesses, that's not an issue of "special rights" for homosexuals.

    How has Christianity tainted it's own image? Besides the stupid crusades which shouldn't really count because that was the politics back in medieval Europe. How can Christianity ruin it's own image?
    Oh yeah, it happened back in Medieval Europe, so it doesn't count! Right.

    It actually makes no difference to me. The Roman Catholic Church did some absolutely terribly things. I don't care that the religion is different today. They have continued to do bad, and continue to do bad even today. And it takes them several hundred years to ever apologize for any of it. They're a very shady organization that has nothing to prove themselves with and always ends up on the wrong side of history regarding human's rights. And is always very proud about it, as well. You know until years after the group actually gains their rightful rights and discrimination and hatred toward that group is no longer accepted by the more progressive society.

    (I don't mean that every single church, much less every single Christian is at fault, but generally they don't deserve a good image and it's all by their own doing.)

    Quite honestly the Westboro Baptist Church is doing a bang up job of making the world think God is a malviolent and hateful God, who wants nothing more than to punish humanity for it's sins.
    To be honest, I'm not convinced that's all of that inaccurate of an portrayal.

    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    In the context of this thread I'd say the right to have elected officials kick out businesses just because an owner says something the gay community doesn't like. I think the expectation of stuff like that is why this issue is as heated as it is and unfortunately vicious.
    That move is not actually a popular move from what I've seen. Neither among the LGBT people, nor the people who are supportive of the LGBT community and their rights.

    ~Made by me~
    (It's actually of my bassoon!)



  25. Thanks Miss Electric Moonlight thanked for this post
    Likes Miss Electric Moonlight liked this post
  26. #19
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    29,999.82
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2014 11:51 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    34
    Threads
    67
    Posts
    2,784
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    593

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by GX7 View Post
    They're more than a dozen. In fact the entire church is just one big hateful family... Literally.
    I said a dozen or so because I think they've got more than 12. I'm not sure of their total numbers, but it's well below 100.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonista View Post
    That is plain discrimination though. Regardless of your or my opinion on the rights of businesses, that's not an issue of "special rights" for homosexuals.
    Except, in that case, it explicitly is a case of special rights. Generally businesses, especially ones that involve personal interactions and creating art have right to say "no". For example if you were a graphic artist or songwriter and the Westboro Baptists church thought their signs and slogans just weren't catchy enough to really spread the hate and wanted you to put together something for them, you could say "no." Or you could say no if you just thought the project sounded lame.

    However that state had recently passed legislation saying that you can't say no to someone if you can't show the reason wasn't because they were gay. It explicitly gave that class of people special rights, or rather restricted the rights of others.

    So when this company didn't want to photograph something they found distastful, they get to lose their company, unless they feel like operating in a position where they have to photograph whatever homosexuals ask them to or pay them a hefty sum of case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonista View Post
    That move is not actually a popular move from what I've seen. Neither among the LGBT people, nor the people who are supportive of the LGBT community and their rights.
    I've seen a bit of that and find it reasuring. The bible does speak about homosexuality (well, there is some debate). But in any case it's not held up as especially bad, and Jesus isn't quoted as speaking on it. It's just there alongside lists of things like greed, envy, lying, boasting, and pride that are considered bad traits for a Christian to demonstrate.

    However it obviously generates a much more intense response from religious folk and I think a chunk of the reason is that nobody expects to get sued for discriminating against someone because they're a lier, nor do they expect a political action committee of GELB (Greed Envy Lying Boasting) people to attack them. However it's easy to get Christians scared of those things regarding the LGBTQ community.

    In part because those things are already happening. But I think this is a trend that could be changed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonista View Post
    I don't mean that every single church, much less every single Christian is at fault, but generally they don't deserve a good image and it's all by their own doing
    I think there was a change in how Christianity acted once it's scope became that of entire countries. (Well, and as a protestant I think the Catholics were completely shanghaied.)

    Origionally it sounds like Christians were the sort of people you wanted to be around, even if you thought they were nuts (with the not lying and whatnot). I think that's part of why Christianity spread despite persecution.

    Well, I suppose initially people could just wander down to the Palestinian region and ask people about what they saw, but after a couple generations you'd just have stories, and the religion had spread far enough it would be really hard to make the trip.

    For a time Christians have had it good about not being persecuted, especially in America with that whole first amendment thing. However as those protections crumble I find Christians want to respond to threats of persecution with anger and aggression. I suppose that's understandable, but not especially "Christian". Which is why I'm supportive of LGBTQ individuals and rights in general.

  27. #20
    Member GX7 is an unknown quantity at this point GX7's Avatar
    Gil
    1,564.17
    Gender
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2012 03:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Threads
    11
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonista View Post
    Oh yeah, it happened back in Medieval Europe, so it doesn't count! Right.

    It actually makes no difference to me. The Roman Catholic Church did some absolutely terribly things. I don't care that the religion is different today. They have continued to do bad, and continue to do bad even today. And it takes them several hundred years to ever apologize for any of it. They're a very shady organization that has nothing to prove themselves with and always ends up on the wrong side of history regarding human's rights. And is always very proud about it, as well. You know until years after the group actually gains their rightful rights and discrimination and hatred toward that group is no longer accepted by the more progressive society.

    (I don't mean that every single church, much less every single Christian is at fault, but generally they don't deserve a good image and it's all by their own doing.)
    Let's count their offenses shall we? They judge by denying communion, they killed many innocent people during the crusades because they thought those "godless" people deserve death, let's not forget the fact that the crusaders were "forgiven" of their sins without a confession, Joan of Arc was put to death because a bishop was donkey, the knights templar were tortured and killed by the church because a certain king couldn't pay back his loan. There are more but I'm not going to name them right now. I do agree that the church has become a shady organization. Makes you wonder what will happen whenever the rapture takes place. Will all Catholics get left behind? Most likely... The scary thing is that I have an uncle, cousins and life long friends who are Catholic. Heck, my first Catholic funeral was when my aunt died of brain cancer.

  28. #21
    boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    21,839.00
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 08:46 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Flo Rida
    Age
    20
    Threads
    43
    Posts
    943
    Rep Power
    714

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    it seems to me that Christians are now losing their rights while homosexuals and muslims are getting more rights than Christians.
    Here we go again. Tell me: what rights are you being denied- I would LOVE to know. Since, of course, we are all aware that heterosexual Christian white males in the US of A are just completely discriminated against. You know, literally the only group that has been able to vote, own land, marry, join the military, and participate in any form of political anything since the pilgrims. This goes for Britain, as well.
    Or are you talking about the several Christians groups who have tried to get bullying homosexuals in schools permitted on religious grounds and denied? It makes me fantasize about making their lives miserable

    Almost sorry for the thick syrup of sarcasm that is this post, but people whining about Christians and their rights being denied get on my nerves.

    EDIT: God, I need to learn to keep a cool head. Sorry about the in-your-faceness. Still stand by what I said, though- just not as rude.
    Last edited by TheThunderBringer; 07-27-2012 at 05:11 PM.

    "dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"


    -RaShayRitto

  29. Thanks Acnologia thanked for this post
  30. #22
    Stay Dandy, baby. ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    744.96
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-31-2014 05:53 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    >.<
    Age
    19
    Threads
    23
    Posts
    1,812
    Rep Power
    684
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: Twilightwolf2508

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    Honestly, I could care less if Chik-Fil-A hates gays. If they deny a gay service, said gay can simply sue. The only reason companies are even giving any opinion is because they know the media will spread word around and there's no such thing as bad publicity. I doubt CFA's statement about gays has anything at all to do with homosexuality or Christianity.

    ---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by GX7 View Post
    Okay has anyone heard about this so called "controversial" report about the Christian owned fast food chain, as well as the mayor of Boston saying that they're not welcome because they "discriminate" against the homosexual population of America?

    Well let's talk about it here and share your opinions on this situation. Me personally it's kind of stupid that a mayor can tell where a company can set up a shop and where they can't. This is America, and it seems to me that Christians are now losing their rights while homosexuals and muslims are getting more rights than Christians.

    If the mayor of Boston doesn't want a Christian company in his city because Christians are supposed to hate the sin of homosexuality and not the person. Then he should throw out EVERY single church that doesn't allow gays to sit in their pews every Sunday morning or even get married within their sanctuary. I bet you THAT will go over real well. (/sarcasm)
    Really? REALLY? Christianity is one of the most biased, hypocritical, judgmental religions out there. Christians have more rights than anyone in this country. If you aren't Christian, then you're often looked down upon or seen as an outcast. If you support something that goes against Christianity, then you hate Christians or are Satanic. Christians aren't losing their rights. People just no longer fear Christianity as they once did. Now, people are beginning to speak their mind more, make their own decisions, and basically break away from Christianity. People are able to be more open about things now, so things are changing. I know I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but Christianity has become a corrupted religion. People are starting to see that now, and power is starting to shift.

    たまには 暴れな シャラルラと 涙飛ばして
    流れる星見て 単純だ 皆同じ人間だ

  31. #23
    Member GX7 is an unknown quantity at this point GX7's Avatar
    Gil
    1,564.17
    Gender
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2012 03:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Threads
    11
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWolf2508 View Post
    Honestly, I could care less if Chik-Fil-A hates gays. If they deny a gay service, said gay can simply sue. The only reason companies are even giving any opinion is because they know the media will spread word around and there's no such thing as bad publicity. I doubt CFA's statement about gays has anything at all to do with homosexuality or Christianity.

    ---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------



    Really? REALLY? Christianity is one of the most biased, hypocritical, judgmental religions out there. Christians have more rights than anyone in this country. If you aren't Christian, then you're often looked down upon or seen as an outcast. If you support something that goes against Christianity, then you hate Christians or are Satanic. Christians aren't losing their rights. People just no longer fear Christianity as they once did. Now, people are beginning to speak their mind more, make their own decisions, and basically break away from Christianity. People are able to be more open about things now, so things are changing. I know I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but Christianity has become a corrupted religion. People are starting to see that now, and power is starting to shift.
    Really? You say Christianity is corrupt? I have to disagree strongly about it. Yes I'll agree Christians have been judgmental. First the Bible and Ten Commandments have been outlawed by a now dead and foul mouthed old hag atheist. Now everybody has this image in their head that Christians are mindless zombies, that worship a deity that denies humans their free will. Well I got news for you. I am a Christian, does that mean I've been stripped of my free will to make decisions for myself? HELL NO! I say foul words in my writing and out loud, I have done some things that will remain unmentioned, and most of those things I've done I'm just not proud of doing in the first place. Christians know that God created free will. It's part of the human equation that atheists claim Christians forgot about. I was never indoctrinated/brainwashed into my free will when I started going to church. Nobody, not even Jesus Christ, has taken that away from me. Heck I've renewed by faith in Christ more times than I can count. I wouldn't be surprised that I would go to Hell when I die, because Jesus just got tired of me asking for forgiveness for the millionth time I sinned.

    In fact that I would say that groups like the Freedom From Religion Foundation can just go kiss the Pope's donkey for all I care. They have no clue what they're talking about. They claim that Christians are just brainwashed people who are stripped of their free will? Well they need to get their facts straight. Christians still have their free will. It will be a part of every human being until they die. Every human being is entitled to believe in what they want without others telling them they're just slaves to a "myth". I'll just pray for a person's or peoples' souls, you know? Because it seems prayer is the strongest weapon in a Christian's arsenal, than the Bible and being a witness. Plus prayer doesn't involve any form of discrimination.

  32. #24
    Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    727,512.42
    Gender
    My Mood
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2014 02:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alternia
    Age
    22
    Threads
    54
    Posts
    3,007
    Blog Entries
    91
    AW Wallpapers
    3
    Rep Power
    4419

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    Jeeze, I'm Roman Catholic. M'Kay...? I can just say I'm not part of the wacko Christians and Roman Catholics that are out there. Homosexuals aren't ruining me or affecting me in some kind of way. Stated from my one post, respect is earned for everyone and anyone. Doesn't matter what religion. And regardless, let's settle nicely with their waffle fries. It's 11:18 PM here where I am at. I reeeeally want some.

  33. Thanks Acnologia thanked for this post
  34. #25
    Dreams of a moonlit night Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun's Avatar
    Gil
    27,959,820.30
    Gender
    My Mood
    Tired
    Gifts Cookie Green Tea Coke
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2014 10:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Threads
    16
    Posts
    860
    Rep Power
    334

    Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but Chick fil A as a company who serves a wide range of people shouldn't be saying these sorts of things publicly. As someone said earlier it is quite hypocritical of them to say something like that but at the end of the day they still accept money spent in their store by people whom they deem as sinners. Also can we stop this finger pointing at each other's religions? Every religion has its good, bad, ups and downs.

    On another note lately America seems to be forgetting what is written in the Constitution...
    Last edited by Yuuchun; 07-27-2012 at 11:34 PM.
    Original art by Wanmeishala
    Graphic set by Seung-li



    Passed between dreams and reality and disappeared like an illusion
    Because the moon that day was too far and my memory was vague

    Please visit
    FanfictionRPGs: The School of Seven TowersTumblr

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Wii fit 'controversy'
    By Ravenblade in forum Video Games
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 07:25 AM
  2. Controversy.
    By ~Mithrosent~ in forum Poetry
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 09:40 PM
  3. The Boondocks Controversy
    By Kishiro in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-23-2006, 10:27 PM
  4. Biggest Controversy today?
    By Raimego in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-02-2005, 11:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts